Power man and Iron Fist Thunderbolts preview...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dmills
Iron Fist is a complete bad ass!

I can't wait for this issue.

AlmightyKfish
I'm confused how he killed Wolverine in that preview tbh.

But it looks cool nonetheless.

willRules
Looks good, although in a fair fight, there's no way he'd beat Spidey or Wolvie in a one on one, yet alone together.....

....although I loved the fact he couldn't bring himself to kill Cage, in a nod to Heroes for Hire.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I'm confused how he killed Wolverine in that preview tbh.

But it looks cool nonetheless.

He chi amped himself, and threw Captain America's shield at his head, killing him.

BruceSkywalker
this may be a good buy

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He chi amped himself, and threw Captain America's shield at his head, killing him.

Yeah but I mean, massive blunt force trauma isn't going to kill Logan. And if the shield went through is skull then that just makes no sense, due to the indestructibleness.

jalek moye
Yeah but I mean, massive blunt force trauma isn't going to kill Logan. And if the shield went through is skull then that just makes no sense, due to the indestructibleness.

would have amde way more sense as a KO and then they took wolverines unconsious body to kill later. I dont know why they made that a kill

willRules

I think the reasoning was that Cap's shield was also indestructible and amped up by IF, thus allowing it to slice through Logan....

Battlehammer
Originally posted by willRules
I think the reasoning was that Cap's shield was also indestructible and amped up by IF, thus allowing it to slice through Logan....
That would not work however, it the same thing as trying to shoot wolverine with adamatium bullets. Indestructible can't be broken no matter how hard the object being thrown is.

dmills
I have no problems with any of the kills tbh. All are within IF's power set. Maybe the wolvie kill was a little iffy but I get the rational behind it. Vib > Adamantium. Chi amped vib >>> adamantium.

Original Smurph
The Spider-Man kill might have bugged me the most... his spidey sense is way more accurate than that, and he could have had some sort of reaction in the space of time that it took Iron Fist to attack.

IF deflecting multiple bullets accurately while chi-charging them is pretty cool though.

jalek moye
Originally posted by dmills
I have no problems with any of the kills tbh. All are within IF's power set. Maybe the wolvie kill was a little iffy but I get the rational behind it. Vib > Adamantium. Chi amped vib >>> adamantium.
nothing goes through adamntium though. and it didn't even take his ehad off. just hit him in it.

Iron Fist can't kill woverine, he can knock him out but he isn't killing him.

willRules
Originally posted by Battlehammer
That would not work however, it the same thing as trying to shoot wolverine with adamatium bullets. Indestructible can't be broken no matter how hard the object being thrown is.

So amped up adamantium isn't as tough as adamantium? confused

Exactly yes

I don't know if it's feasible but I think that's what the writer's going for. Indestructible vs indestructible +1. Winner = Indestructible +1

But like I already said, in a straight up fight, Spidey or Wolvie should win individually, yet alone as a team.

dmills
Originally posted by jalek moye
nothing goes through adamntium though. and it didn't even take his ehad off. just hit him in it.

Iron Fist can't kill woverine, he can knock him out but he isn't killing him. The illustration clearly shows it went into his head and was stuck there. The implication being that it penetrated his brain and killed him.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I agree that Iron Fist shouldn't have nearly the necessary force to throw that hard.

We know for a fact, Adamantium isn't indestructible. Extremely durable? Nigh indestructible? Sure, but it can be damaged.

I can think of 3 instances off the top of my head that it's been broken, or damaged.

1) Thor denting an Adamantium block with a single blow.
2) Sym breaking Wolverine's claws. (Don't know if that was retconned or not.)
3) Blastaar destroying an Adamantium wall. (Don't know if that was retconned or not.)

Just saying.

dmills
Originally posted by willRules
So amped up adamantium isn't as tough as adamantium? confused

Exactly yes

I don't know if it's feasible but I think that's what the writer's going for. Indestructible vs indestructible +1. Winner = Indestructible +1

But like I already said, in a straight up fight, Spidey or Wolvie should win individually, yet alone as a team.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't adamantium basically diluted Vibranium? If so then it's not much of a stretch to imagine an object made of superior material being hurled with enough force to penetrate another weaker material.

I have a rotary tool that uses cutting disks made of nylon. Nylon isn't exactly known as a material that can cut metal, but when I crank up the rotary tool to around 20,000+ rpm's it can cut through wood, aluminum and low grade steel liike a hot knife through butter.

Imagine a buzz saw made of vibranium spinning at 20,000+ rpm's cutting through an adamantium wall. The adamantium, being the weaker material will give way before the vibranium would. Especially since the vibranium nullifies energy and won't dull. The principal is the same with IF throwing Caps shield into wolvies dome, but even more so because it was chi amped.

If anything the bs part was the Vibranium being chi amped in the first place, since it absorbs energy.

dmills
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I agree that Iron Fist shouldn't have nearly the necessary force to throw that hard. Now there's the million dollar question. I'm thinking that the chi somehow increased the velocity.

On another note, I see Mister X is conspicuously absent. Hmmm...

willRules
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't adamantium basically diluted Vibranium? If so then it's not much of a stretch to imagine an object made of superior material being hurled with enough force to penetrate another weaker material.

I have a rotary tool that uses cutting disks made of nylon. Nylon isn't exactly known as a material that can cut metal, but when I crank up the rotary tool to around 20,000+ rpm's it can cut through wood, aluminum and low grade steel liike a hot knife through butter.

Imagine a buzz saw made of vibranium spinning at 20,000+ rpm's cutting through an adamantium wall. The adamantium, being the weaker material will give way before the vibranium would. Especially since the vibranium nullifies energy and won't dull. The principal is the same with IF throwing Caps shield into wolvies dome, but even more so because it was chi amped.

If anything the bs part was the Vibranium being chi amped in the first place, since it absorbs energy.

Yeah I think you're right and in theory that principal could apply. In reality however, I don't think Wolvie would be standing around waiting for that to happen. I think he'd beat IF, as would Spidey.....

...but, meh, seeing as it's plausible, I'm not gonna get my knickers in a twist over it smile

As for Cap's shield, I believe it's a vibranium, adamantium composite.

Disappear
this is also just showing a simulation, not showing any real feat against real characters. the simulation is likely based on assumptions, and is entirely mental. quit whining, it's an interesting enough idea, regardless of accuracy.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Disappear
this is also just showing a simulation, not showing any real feat against real characters. the simulation is likely based on assumptions, and is entirely mental. quit whining, it's an interesting enough idea, regardless of accuracy.
agreed

Battlehammer
Vibranium + unknown metal = capt shield

Wolverine2006
yeah...no way caps sheild would go through wolverines skull. otherwise, looks pretty cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.