Best Dubbed Anime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsbestosFlaygon
IMO, Pokemon

The English dubs for Team Rocket is perfect!

U-e0PTfIHEM

Ridley_Prime
I love Pokemon as much as the next person, but saying it's the best dubbed anime should be considered the greatest of unforgivable act of sin.

That said, DBZ is the best dub out there.

Actually, that's a lie. Rurouni Kenshin is pretty easily the best IMO.

King Kandy
Outlaw Star easily. One of the only series where not only did the cast all fit perfectly, they fit significantly better than the original Japanese cast did as well.

First_Tsurugi06
I don't remember for my life how Outlaw Star' english dub sounded.

I like Samurai Champloo's dub. I always though Steven J Blum's voice fit best with Mugen, among the other three or so dozen characters he's voiced.

As far animes that had better english dubs than original jp dubs go, I would honestly have to say DBZ, due in part to how bad I thought the JP dub itself was.

danteiscool
the best dub is DBZ. Full Metal Alchemist comes in second.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I love Pokemon as much as the next person, but saying it's the best dubbed anime should be considered the greatest of unforgivable act of sin.

BLASPHEMY!

fffuuu

stick out tongue

dvampire
Mobile Suit Gundam
Street Fighter 2 the animated movie
Samurai 7
Yu Yu Hakusho
DBZ (towards the middle of the Freeza Saga)
Generator Gawl

NemeBro
DBZ (Especially in the Freeza saga and onwards), seems like a great choice, especially considering how much better it was than the original Japanese.

Yu Yu Hakusho is a good one.

Rurouni Kenshin

Samurai Champloo

Cowboy Bebop

Does Afro Samurai count, even though it had no original Japanese, it had ****ing Samuel L. Jackson and Ron Perlman for Christ's sake. 131

Hellspawn28
NGE, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing OVA, and a few others I can't remember at the moment.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Hellspawn28
NGE, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing OVA, and a few others I can't remember at the moment.
erm

The Hellsing dubs sucked.

dadudemon
Generally, I think the original Japanese dubs suck, so it doesn't take much to improve on them.

That said, there are MANY anime dubs that somehow succeed at being as bad as or worse than the japanese voice acting.

That said, higher quality shows usually have better English voice acting than the original...almost across the board. An exception would be Naruto. They are fairly equal.

Some great dubs were mentioned above.

Unfortunately, Afro Samurai wasn't a dub, or else I would chose that. big grin

I only watched Samurai Champloo in Japanese. I really prefer to watch every anime in Japanese, not because it's some sort of linguistic fetish or something...but because some things are lost in translation due to the English dub trying to match the mouths.

Retardedly enough, the Japanese seem to be out of sync with the characters, quite often. Even "high yen" (I don't know what they say for "high dollar", over in Japan, lol.) shows like Bleach have out of sync voice acting. It's rather stupid, really, which is one of the reasons I say most Japanese voice acting sucks.

yungz22
Yu Yu Hakusho was dubbed really well

yungz22
s-cry-ed was done well too

King Kandy
Originally posted by NemeBro
DBZ (Especially in the Freeza saga and onwards), seems like a great choice, especially considering how much better it was than the original Japanese.
I agree completely. I could not even watch DBZ Kai subbed because of how retarded Goku's voice sounds.

dadudemon
Originally posted by King Kandy
I agree completely. I could not even watch DBZ Kai subbed because of how retarded Goku's voice sounds.

It's that bad?

Yeah, I don't like the fact that it's a really high pitched, annoying, females voice.

Same with Naruto....cept not nearly as bad. I wish they would cast a male for Naruto's voice as his voice should have changed when he was 12. no expression

King Kandy
Vegeta had an awesome voice in the jap. show though.

Demonic Phoenix
^ Doesn't beat Sabat's voice acting though imo.

Kento
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
^ Doesn't beat Sabat's voice acting though imo. Who doesn't beat Brian Drummond imo.

But I actually like Gokou's Japanese VA.

I liked Ultimate Muscle's dub. Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo both are great dubs. I also liked Fist of the North Star's dub, and the original Akira dub.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kento
I liked Ultimate Muscle's dub. Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo both are great dubs. I also liked Fist of the North Star's dub, and the original Akira dub.

Yeah, I liked FotNS Kenshiro's voice. I liked the bruce lee sounds he made. Lame, I know...but, I'm a nerd like that.

Kento
Originally posted by dadudemon
Yeah, I liked FotNS Kenshiro's voice. I liked the bruce lee sounds he made. Lame, I know...but, I'm a nerd like that. lol That's pretty much in the Dub and orignal. But yes it is one of the many reasons the show is awesome.

NemeBro
Originally posted by King Kandy
I agree completely. I could not even watch DBZ Kai subbed because of how retarded Goku's voice sounds. Yeah, I could not stand Goku's Japanese voice.

Eman5805
It ruins Goku's character that he looks all muscle bound and is so powerful...and he sounds like a friggin' girl when he speaks. It worked fine when he was a kid, but not when he's an adult.

Anyway, I find the Black Lagoon, Witchblade, and everyone except Naruto in the Naruto dub pretty good, aside from the widely agreed with standards. (FMA, Bebop, Champloo, etc).

Samurai100
Hellsing OVA

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Samurai100
Hellsing OVA

A correct gai is you.

Z6wcw5jWRhc

The Hellsing OVA is one of the few animes I actually prefer English voices.

Though, to be fair, the primary setting is Britain, so British people all talking Japanese makes no sense.

First_Tsurugi06
In addition, I also think Kanon '06 has a pretty good dub all around. I can really only think of two or so characters who's voices I didn't find particularly passable.

I'd say Lucky Star next-Kari Wahlgren (Kagami) is my favorite voice actress-but I have a feeling that I'd be setting myself up for something ugly from a few users. Thing is, the english voices all happen to sound remarkably similar to their JP counterparts, and while that can sometimes spell disaster (just imagine Goku's JP voice in english), I'd say all the Lucky Star JP voices more or less fit for a series of its kind.

menokokoro
i really liked cowboy bebop, well at least spike, the others are only ok

Esomark
I haven't watched the original dub of Ninja Scroll but it's English dub is the shit. Fine tuned and infectious. Mileage varies on the TV series but not just in voice acting.

No End N Site
Pretty much...MOST (not all) of the animes that came and are currently on Cartoon Network & Adult Swim.

Pyron_Knight
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
erm

The Hellsing dubs sucked.

You fail.

Let the epic win of Jan Valentine counter it.
-Oxp1_JKul0

Also Yu Yu Hakusho is the best dub ever.

flying shadow
i like Fruits Basket

Astner
Originally posted by NemeBro
Cowboy Bebop

flying shadow
lets face it most dubs are atrocios, and the music is too changed

spanish dubs are usually better than english dubs though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.