Mister X vs. Deathstroke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aries_04
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/2088/723634tbolts132covsuper.th.jpg

vs.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9033/592896desupert.th.jpg

dmills
X

Konton
DS

galactusischere
Im gonna say DS

Battlehammer
X

carver9
mr.x 8or9/10

Rage.Of.Olympus
Mister X in a great fight.

BruceSkywalker
Slade is good, but X ftw

namorsubby
one of the best matches i've seen made in a long time here............i'd say deathstroke

carver9
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/424/xfight3.jpg
http://img269.imageshack.us/i/xfight4.jpg/

carver9
So why does deathstroke win this. Mr.x is a better fighter, faster reflexes and would read Deathstroke like a book.

He would treat deathstroke just like he treated wolverine

namorsubby
better fighter? faster reflexes? read slade's super-fast calculating brain?

carver9
Originally posted by namorsubby
better fighter? faster reflexes? read slade's super-fast calculating brain?

How about you show me.

Better fighter, he ran through task master, wolverine, almost everyone that approached him and these are "A" list fighters. He should be able to stomp slade.

iceman24567
Slade can shut his mind off and physically he's superior to X. X does have an advantage in the skill area. Slade for the majority considering everything.

namorsubby
Originally posted by carver9
How about you show me.

Better fighter, he ran through task master, wolverine, almost everyone that approached him and these are "A" list fighters. He should be able to stomp slade. the only one of that list with a similar mind to slade is taskmaster(still inferior BTW)....and he didn't run through them because he's a more skilled fighter......it's because of his ability(what happened when wolvie went berseker?).....which i doubt would be effective on slade's super-fast brain with a much higher mental capacity. so what, the guy deflected black widows bullet.......slade was fast enough reflex wise to shoot a flash with a gun...and engage that same flash.....and trip another flash

edit:

when slade is severly injured....while regenerating he goes primal.....like a berseker rage.....x would be taken care of.....if it even got to that point

Prep-Man
Slade Willson wins.

godking
Originally posted by Aries_04
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/2088/723634tbolts132covsuper.th.jpg

vs.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9033/592896desupert.th.jpg Slade wins this

Getting annoyed with people thinking that X being able to read minds brings him victory everytime.

There are times when being able to predict whats going to happen wont cut it.

This ould be one of those times Slade would aoe weapons that X cant dodge without going where Slade wants him to go . Could he predict it yes can he evade it without going where slade wants him to go no.

Predicting what is going to happen is a nice trick but i can be broken by superior long range planning if you have the stats and weapons to back it up.

A guy who relativelly easily boxes in a lightspeeder in Flash can box in X regardless of pre-cog

Aries_04
As much as i like Slade....I think X can take him.

Aries_04
Originally posted by godking
Slade wins this

Getting annoyed with people thinking that X being able to read minds brings him victory everytime.

There are times when being able to predict whats going to happen wont cut it.

This ould be one of those times Slade would aoe weapons that X cant dodge without going where Slade wants him to go . Could he predict it yes can he evade it without going where slade wants him to go no.

Predicting what is going to happen is a nice trick but i can be broken by superior long range planning if you have the stats and weapons to back it up.

A guy who relativelly easily boxes in a lightspeeder in Flash can box in X regardless of pre-cog

You don't understand how his powers work. He maps onto neural impulses and reflexively responds. He doesn't have to think to do what he does......it just happens. Look at the respect thread that I started for him that explains this.

namorsubby
You don't understand how his powers work. He maps onto neural impulses and reflexively responds. He doesn't have to think to do what he does......it just happens. Look at the respect thread that I started for him that explains this. so technically he should've beat berserker wolvie the same way he beat regular wolvie if his powers worked that way......logan may not be thinking consciously when in berseker mode, but his brain still has to send the signal to move no matter what.......it shoulda been as easy as taking regular logan for him, but it wasn't

still though, x has never faced someone who's brain works as fast as slade......or as mentally capable

Mshinu
Good match.

Majority to X I think, all things concidered.

Juk3n
I'd go with Deathstroke for this. Seems X might have trouble reading brains that are not operating normally, ie; couldnt read Berserkerine (even though his brain was still sending impulses to his body, as Namorsbuddy pointed out - bit of poor writing there.) Anywho DS brain operates at a level beyond human and he has the superhuman body to back it up. X may read a few impulses, but he wouldnt be keeping up with DS at full speed, it just doesnt make sense that he should be able to.

So DS.

godking
You don't understand how his powers work. He maps onto neural impulses and reflexively responds. He doesn't have to think to do what he does......it just happens. Look at the respect thread that I started for him that explains this. That means nothing if your opponent blocks of your escape routes making you go where he wants you to go which DS is capable and has done to faster guys then X. X could predict all he wants if he has no options there is not much he can do other then nothing and accepting a draw.

Slade with prep will block of the escap routes and make sure that X will take the only route possible where he will be waiting.

X can either

A attack meaing that he will move to where DS wants him whether he can predict it or not.

B Not attack and hoping that DS takes the initiative which he wont do since he knows that X can read his moves.

The best tactic to beat someone who can read moves is to FORCE him to make the first move.

Reading moves is a nice trick but but it loses its effectiveness if your opponent can force you to make the first move and limits what you can do and where you can go.

Aries_04
so technically he should've beat berserker wolvie the same way he beat regular wolvie if his powers worked that way......logan may not be thinking consciously when in berseker mode, but his brain still has to send the signal to move no matter what.......it shoulda been as easy as taking regular logan for him, but it wasn't

right

Aries_04
Originally posted by godking
That measn nothing if your opponent blocks of your escape routes making you go where he wants you to go which DS is capable and has done to faster guys then X.

That would fall under prep. There is no prep for this fight.

dmills
so technically he should've beat berserker wolvie the same way he beat regular wolvie if his powers worked that way......logan may not be thinking consciously when in berseker mode, but his brain still has to send the signal to move no matter what.......it shoulda been as easy as taking regular logan for him, but it wasn't

still though, x has never faced someone who's brain works as fast as slade......or as mentally capable

So which is it then? Either he reads minds, or he maps onto neural impulses. In "the best there is" arc, his powers are described vaguely as "limited telepathy". In recent Thunderbolts stories his powers are stated very definitively as "neural impulse mapping". If it's both then as Namorsubby pointed out, Wolvie shouldn't have been able to beat him the way that he did in their battles.

Changing my vote to Slade until this contradiction is resolved.

Wild Shadow
so ur basing ur opinion that his powers are not fully defined or the fact that he lost to wolverine so u assume slade can do the same? angel angel

bye the bye logan's brain operates more effecienty when in a berserker rage his neural kinetics are enhanced combined with his already superhuman reaction time making it hell for a lot of ppl not just X...

his brain has bn compared to multiple computers system and whatnot.
no shame with X losing to logan.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
so ur basing ur opinion that his powers are not fully defined or the fact that he lost to wolverine so u assume slade can do the same? angel angel

bye the bye logan's brain operates more effecienty when in a berserker rage his neural kinetics are enhanced combined with his already superhuman reaction time making it hell for a lot of ppl not just X...

no shame with X losing to logan.

Multiple compyters system?

lmfao.

Wild Shadow
laugh all u want its a comic fact...Xavier said so while running a danger room session and analyzing logans brain patterns and what not...

comparing it to playing chess computers while doing a routine olympic routine without even trying...

its a fact logan's fighting abilities knowledge are compressed and used on pure instinct..

so its like a supercharged logan doing MA feats at high speed making it look like he is just slashing and kicking wildly but he isnt... every move is preprogrammed just at accelerated lvl

dmills

no shame with X losing to logan. Neural impulses are neural impulses. And besides, if you're going to make that argument, Slade's brain operates at that capacity all the time. So either way X is screwed wink

Wild Shadow
X was still able to gut logan and shoot him up even in a berserker rage...

i dont see slade's HF keeping him conscious when he gets gutted....

X still manage to get a few hits in and dodge he just couldnt put logan down anymore... laughing beer stick out tongue

dmills
X was still able to gut logan and shoot him up even in a berserker rage...

i dont see slade's HF keeping him conscious when he gets gutted....

X still manage to get a few hits in and dodge he just couldnt put logan down anymore... laughing beer stick out tongue Maybe so, but Slade's tech compensates for that. Promethean armor, staff, sword and the like. Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing confused

namorsubby
Originally posted by dmills
Maybe so, but Slade's tech compensates for that. Promethean armor, staff, sword and the like. Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing confused and his guns give him long range attack.........

before any one brings up X deflecting all those bullets from black widow, remember, slade was able to shoot a flash with a gun..........yeah.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by dmills
Maybe so, but Slade's tech compensates for that. Promethean armor, staff, sword and the like. Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing confused
staff has not been standard equiptment for years.......

Battlehammer
and his guns give him long range attack.........

before any one brings up X deflecting all those bullets from black widow, remember, slade was able to shoot a flash with a gun..........yeah.
which wont matter at all.

yea that dont smell like pis to you that a person who moves the speed of light and beyond was hit by a bullet?

namorsubby
Originally posted by Battlehammer
which wont matter at all.

yea that dont smell like pis to you that a person who moves the speed of light and beyond was hit by a bullet? i don't think the kid flash moves that fast.......and besides, that's as fast as they can go, it's not like they're move close to that fast all the time. i'm pretty sure usain bolt doesn't run a 9.68 every time he moves 100 KM's

oh, and before anyone declares PIS do to the fact that kid flash can out-react bullets, they must consider the fact that slade's reaction and/or reflex time augments the flash vs bullet equation.

Flash's reflexes and/or reaction time(a) - Bullet's speed(b) + Deathstroke's reflexes and/or reaction time(c) = Flash being hit

now, considering that, how does this not matter at all?

Juk3n
i don't think the kid flash moves that fast.......and besides, that's as fast as they can go, it's not like they're move close to that fast all the time. i'm pretty sure usain bolt doesn't run a 9.68 every time he moves 100 KM's

oh, and before anyone declares PIS do to the fact that kid flash can out-react bullets, they must consider the fact that slade's reaction and/or reflex time augments the flash vs bullet equation.

Flash's reflexes and/or reaction time(a) - Bullet's speed(b) + Deathstroke's reflexes and/or reaction time(c) = Flash being hit

you forgot Poland.

stick out tongue

Battlehammer
i don't think the kid flash moves that fast.......and besides, that's as fast as they can go, it's not like they're move close to that fast all the time. i'm pretty sure usain bolt doesn't run a 9.68 every time he moves 100 KM's

His reflexes would still move at that speed. unless you wish to argue that kid flash in experiences which again faulters your arguement sinces that mean kid flash is unable to dodge bullets.

except it doesent. Slade speed reflexes would not matter, becuase it does not change the speed of the bullet, that the same crap punisher fans uses when he hit spiderman wiht a bullet. Having higher reflexes does not make the bullet move any faster. It is PIS, which the jobbing flash family is uses too. Every one and there mother has hit them. It pis plain and simply and does not bold well for argueing DS superior reflexes. Hell robin has hit kid flash and moved so fast super boy was unable to register his movements in time.......I guess robin>>>DS>>>>>super boy and kid flash.

because the bullet would still be moving at the same speed reguardless of the person reflexes.

oh and the fact that MA of repeatedly given DS trouble and hit him easily.........

Battlehammer
DS stroke is one of the most hype characters. His stats arnt even superior to Capt and it been scans taken out of context or feats pump beyond what they truelly are. He not even superior to capt in strength dispite the forum misconception that he is from out of context scans..........

SamZED
This is a tough one. X has an advantage because of his ability and some very impressive feats. But I think I'll give a slight majority (like 5.5/10) to Slade because the guy has A LOT of crazy showings. If he can severl times beat the crap outta Batman while barely paying attention and hold his own against entire teams (and yes I know that Dick Grason alone has put up a good fight against DS, happened once and was a poor writing, normally Slade takes him down without any efforts and it takes him like 1 or 2 punches). So imo DS wins but definitely not every time.

Prep-Man
Slade's enhanced brain helps him with his aim. That's how he tagged Flash and other speedsters like Starfire. Slade FTW.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.