Zom vs Shuma-Gorath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
who wins this? Hmmmm.

King Kandy
Now Zom will win this easily. He is stronger than Eternity and the LT himself was required to put a stop to him.

guy222
Zom

shokosugi
Zom

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by King Kandy
Now Zom will win this easily. He is stronger than Eternity and the LT himself was required to put a stop to him.

The LT was required?

No.

CortSether
Originally posted by King Kandy

Quit lying.

It didn't take LT, LT appeared and Zom practically shit himself just by looking at him. Oh, and he is definitely not stronger than Eternity, especially when freakin' Dormammu was able to bind Zom to the Chains of Living Bondage.

Shuma-Gorath wins.

guysangel
Zom

CortSether
^ No.

Warlord
zom

SoulDevourer
octopus

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by CortSether
^ No.

While I agree that the LT wasn't required for Zom, I don't believe Zom would trash Shuma.

CortSether
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
While I agree that the LT wasn't required for Zom, I don't believe Zom would trash Shuma.

So what are you saying?

I really don't see how Shuma-Gorath loses to Zom as Zom really hasn't shown anything to make him the least bit extraordinary.

He was first defeated by circumstances unknown, but it is shown that Dormammu was able to bind Zom to the Chains of Living Bondage. Now if Dormammu was able to do this to Zom then that doesn't look well for Zom, especially since there are scans where Dr. Strange states how much greater in power Shuma is to Dormammu.

Other than that Zom gets easily banished by LT and we have nothing else to go by, at least nothing that would even hint that Zom could take on Shuma-Gorath.

Knowsbleed33
replace "don't" with "do". Zom is just on another level than Shuma. It took the combined efforts of Dormammu and Eternity to defeat and imprison Zom the first time. I'd put Zom on the same level as Slorioth.

CortSether
replace "don't" with "do". Zom is just on another level than Shuma. It took the combined efforts of Dormammu and Eternity to defeat and imprison Zom the first time. I'd put Zom on the same level as Slorioth.

If it "took" Eternity to dispatch Zom than Dormammu would be a non-factor. Eternity is leaps and bounds greater than Zom. If Doctor Strange was backed with the same prep that he had against Shuma he would have destroyed Zom just as easily.

Knowsbleed33
If it "took" Eternity to dispatch Zom than Dormammu would be a non-factor. Eternity is leaps and bounds greater than Zom. If Doctor Strange was backed with the same prep that he had against Shuma he would have destroyed Zom just as easily.

I don't doubt that you believe everything you typed here, but just understand that it is completely incorrect.

CortSether
I don't doubt that you believe everything you typed here, but just understand that it is completely incorrect.

I wait for you to prove me otherwise then.

The Nuul
Zom near stomps.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Zom wins.

CortSether
replace "don't" with "do". Zom is just on another level than Shuma. It took the combined efforts of Dormammu and Eternity to defeat and imprison Zom the first time.

And it took Sise-Neg to banish Shuma-Gorath.

Sise-Neg > Eternity

C wat I did thar.

galactusischere
Is it in Shuma's realm? then he wins
if not...

King Kandy
Zom said that Eternity himself could not stop him, and it took both Dormammu and Eternity to imprison him in the Amphora. His evil was so great the LT was going to destroy the Earth to contain it as it might have otherwise unbalanced the entire multiverse. Eternity is not above him. Not at all.

Endless Mike
I'm pretty sure Strange himself said Zom was stronger than Shuma

King Kandy
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I'm pretty sure Strange himself said Zom was stronger than Shuma
I doubt that as Shuma premiered quite a while after Zom did. I mean, even LT took a helluva long time to reappear after that, and Strange was calling Eternity the strongest magical entity in existence even after meeting Shuma and Sise-Neg.

cpd12589
So what are you saying?

I really don't see how Shuma-Gorath loses to Zom as Zom really hasn't shown anything to make him the least bit extraordinary.

He was first defeated by circumstances unknown, but it is shown that Dormammu was able to bind Zom to the Chains of Living Bondage. Now if Dormammu was able to do this to Zom then that doesn't look well for Zom, especially since there are scans where Dr. Strange states how much greater in power Shuma is to Dormammu.

Other than that Zom gets easily banished by LT and we have nothing else to go by, at least nothing that would even hint that Zom could take on Shuma-Gorath.

That wasn't the real Dormammu. That was an illusion that Shuma-Gorath made to intimidate Doctor Strange. Doctor Strange even figures it out when he says Dormammu would never say anything like that. Doctor Strange however has said that Dormammu is his "most terrible foe" and that "at full power no one could stand against". Also it wasn't just Dormammu and Eternity that took Zom down. It was Dormammu, Odin, Doctor Strange, Ancient One and Eternity. Although Dormammu and Eternity did the majority Odin, Doctor Strange and the Ancient One were there also. With their energy Dormammu bound Zom with the Chains of Living Bondage then forced him to wear the Crown of Blindness then Eternity sealed Zom away in the Amphora.

All that being said Zom should take Shuma-Gorath down for sure on neutral ground. Shuma-Gorath only wins this if the battle is in the Chaos Dimension where he is near omnipotent . If the battle is literally anywhere else other than the Chaos Dimension then Zom would definitely take Shuma-Gorath. Now that's not saying that Shuma-Gorath is not powerful outside of the Chaos Dimension, because he definitely is. Just that Zom is more powerful on neutral ground.

StiltmanFTW
bump

zopzop
Gonna say Gorath. Before Annihilation I would have said Zom, but Annihilation sort of cemented his power level in relation to other beings.

The Galactus Engine (which was owning a dozen+ Celestials, Galactus, and T&A) was dwarfed by the MAOs (the sensors on Medusa's ship were registering them as larger and more powerful than the Engine itself).

We know it took a top tier Abstract to put the MAOs down : Death.

According to Annihilation Gorath is above top tier cosmics : Galactus/Celestials/T&A but below top tier Abstracts : Death/Infinity/Eternity/Oblivion.

Galan007
Originally posted by zopzop
Gonna say Gorath. Before Annihilation I would have said Zom, but Annihilation sort of cemented his power level in relation to other beings.

The Galactus Engine (which was owning a dozen+ Celestials, Galactus, and T&A) was dwarfed by the MAOs (the sensors on Medusa's ship were registering them as larger and more powerful than the Engine itself).

We know it took a top tier Abstract to put the MAOs down : Death.

According to Annihilation Gorath is above top tier cosmics : Galactus/Celestials/T&A but below top tier Abstracts : Death/Infinity/Eternity/Oblivion. *Thanos Imperative

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
*Thanos Imperative
My bad.

CortSether
Zom is also one of the most poorly designed monsters in a comic too.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zopzop
Gonna say Gorath.

Bumped it for you.

I am. Shuma. Gorath. Say it with me big grin

zopzop
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Bumped it for you.

I am. Shuma. Gorath. Say it with me big grin
See what you've done!?

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Great set thumb up You. Are. Shuma. Gorath. Now.

CortSether
I am happy that Zop has fully embraced chaos. Never thought I'd see the day.

Blue Area Vet
Leaning Shuma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.