What would happen if Yoda defeated Sidious in ROTS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
In Revenge of the Sith, Sidious kicked Yoda's hide but what if that was the other way around? What would happen in the future if Yoda defeated Sidious?

Slash_KMC
No OT. Just rebuilding Jedi Order and stuff.

REXXXX
I wonder if the clonetroopers would have maintained their orders to slaughter the Jedi even with the passing of Palpatine, especially since Palpatine had already established his 'Jedi plot' story in the Senate.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by REXXXX
I wonder if the clonetroopers would have maintained their orders to slaughter the Jedi even with the passing of Palpatine, especially since Palpatine had already established his 'Jedi plot' story in the Senate. I doubt it. Wasn't Palpatine the only one with the power to issue out order 66?

truejedi
...but he had already issued it.

SIDIOUS 66
Oh, my bad (lol). I was thinking it was what if Windu killed him.

I'm a dork.

Ms.Marvel
if the clones adhere to general military policy... even if palpatine was killed the clones would continue to carry out the order unless the next highest ranking officer gave a direct order to desist.

truejedi
who is the next highest ranking official then? was it Tarkin at that point?

Lord Lucien
I don't think so. Tarkin only gained the rank of Admiral following the Ghorman massacre in 18 BBY. The Clones would likely have fallen in to anarchy, being claimed by various high-end military and political leader close to Palpatine, like Sate Pestage. It may have only been the beginning of the Empire, but like it was by RotJ, Palpatine likely made no efforts to ensure political succession following his demise---as his demise would be something he'd plan against, not for.

truejedi
would it have defaulted to Yoda then? Or Yoda would at the very LEAST have had some claim to it, considering Mace's statements from ROTS. If the Jedi expected to be able to seize power, there had to be SOME legislation allowing that.

I mean, if MACE had killed Sidious, they would have had that same power vaccuum if they didn't have a plan in place.

Lord Lucien
If this alternative is a result of Yoda killing Palpatine in their duel, then that mans the Emperor's already established the New Order and branded the Jedi as fugitives and outlaws. Palpatine's ridiculous popularity at the time would have meant that his death at the hands of the Grandmaster would have only pushed the Jedi even further from public opinion. No one, especially not the Clones who are pre-programmed to kill Jedi, would follow their saviour and Lord's (respectively) killer.

truejedi
except that the victors write history. very possible that Yoda would be able to make the necessary connections between Sidious and the Confederacy. That is what it would all boil down to. would there be evidence linking Sidious with the Confederacy?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by truejedi
except that the victors write history. very possible that Yoda would be able to make the necessary connections between Sidious and the Confederacy. That is what it would all boil down to. would there be evidence linking Sidious with the Confederacy? Well the Confederacy is effectively dead at this point anyway, at least the leaders. And all droids units were shut down. Palpatine's manipulation of the audio tapes during the duel in his office really cemented the Jedi as usurpers and villains. And with most of them killed, Yoda and Kenobi are short on allies and armies (the Clones of course holding no loyalty to their master's enemies and killers).

Then there's the issue of Palpatine's numerous agents. If they weasel out and help the Jedi, they could likely come up with enough evidence against Palpatine's name. But if they decide to take a shot at grabbing the Empire themselves, then you look at a period of inter-office conflicts in the upper echelons. At which point the Jedi would be best to capitalize on the chaos, regroup their decimated numbers, and work on ousting Palpatine's reputation. But winning over a galactic population that believes you killed the greatest man alive would be a B*TCH. Oh God, then there's all the fecking senators to contend with. The Palpatine-loyalists, the greedy opportunists, the spineless cowards...

-Pr-
one thing that id also worry about is how much of the dark side would have been diminished by palpatine's passing. it was said more than once that the dark side clouded everything. with palps dead, the jedi's connection to the force might have been reforged, and they would have been able to show the senate just what palpatine had been planning...

just imo...

Lord Lucien
While the Shroud of the Dark Side would have been lifted with the Sith's final death, I don't think clairvoyance on behalf of the mystics' part is going to propel people to realization.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
While the Shroud of the Dark Side would have been lifted with the Sith's final death, I don't think clairvoyance on behalf of the mystics' part is going to propel people to realization.

obviously not just that, but any sway palpatine might have had over people would have also been lifted...

truejedi
Yoda would have killed all the clones.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.