The Shadow King vs Cassandra Nova

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
who's the more skilled telepath and who has greater power?

complexbrother
cassandra nova is far more powerful than the Shadow king.

Prep-Man
I'd like to see these 2 meet, just to see the look on SK's face. Facing off against a true powerhouse.

In his first appearances, wasn't it revealed that SK > Xavier?

ExodusCloak
From the way Nova embarassed an Xavier with 10 times the power I'd give it to Nova.

In his first appearance it stated that Shadow King was more powerful, but inspite of this Xavier bested him. In Worlds Apart however Xavier was stated to be more powerful. Even during the fat Karma arc, SK feared Xavier. Also SK is wreckless and stupid, Nova is a far better planner and overall a lot more powerful she brought the Shiar Empire to it's knees.

guy222
CN

Survivor19
I do not think Cassie in her current state can do much...

pinksushi1
The Shadow King has existed since the dawn of humanity. That gives the Shadow King a lot of telepathic skill. The Shadow King's telepathic raw power increases as he feeds upon negative energy, such as hatred, violence, etc. The Shadow King held his own against both Jean Grey and Charles Xavier in the Muir Island Saga. In short, Xavier needed the X-Men's help to the Shadow King. The first time they met, the Shadow King was just toying with Xavier. Xavier was lucky and barely escaped with his own life. The Shadow King is quite arrogant at times and that makes him lose a lot of battles against other people. The Shadow King would have defeated Xavier, if the Shadow King did not underestimate him. In my opinion, the Shadow King losing to Rogue, Psylocke or Karma is PIS. However, it is important to note that Magneto has defeated the Shadow King, as has Storm (not when she was young). That is because both Storm and Magneto have very strong telepathic resistance. Magneto simultaneously held his own against both Jean Grey's and Xavier's telepathic attacks. In addition, Storm held her own against the combined telepathic assaults of Psylocke, Xavier and Oracle.

Cassandra Nova was defeated by Emma Frost. Emma Frost snapped her neck. Cassandra Nova is Charles Xavier to the highest potential, meaning that Nova is simply more powerful than Xavier. Also, Cassandra Nova is just as telepathically skilled as Xavier is. She basically is a blood lusted Xavier, if you will. However, Xavier has been re-powered by the M'Kraan Crystal, making him even more powerful than any of his other incarnations. So as of now, Xavier can defeat Cassandra Nova.

In my opinion, the Shadow King should win here, assuming that he takes this battle seriously. If not, then Cassandra Nova wins. However, if both are blood lusted and at full power, then the Shadow King would win after a very long battle.

pinksushi1
I would love to see it though.

comicfan11
CN.
Another reason why G Morisson's X-Men were top.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by pinksushi1
However, Xavier has been re-powered by the M'Kraan Crystal, making him even more powerful than any of his other incarnations. So as of now, Xavier can defeat Cassandra Nova.
Xavier has become more powerful than his previous incarnation with telepathic ability magnified to the tenth power?

Because that's who Nova completely embarrassed.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Xavier has become more powerful than his previous incarnation with telepathic ability magnified to the tenth power?

Because that's who Nova completely embarrassed.

Pretty much, Xavier being cited as more powerful then ever and yet he gets outsmarted by Mrs. Sinister and blocked by Emma.

Cassandra Nova would absolutely destroy the Shadow King, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if she gives him a psychic swirly or throws up on his mind.

Kris Blaze
Cassandra Nova destroys Emma Frost, Ms. Sinister or any other telepathic whore Marvel comes up with.

As well as the Shadow King.

the ninjak
CN spent alot more time in the psychic plane than Xavier did, due to being dead and all.
She is also more powerful than Xavier was back then.
CN FTW

pinksushi1
"Pretty much, Xavier being cited as more powerful then ever and yet he gets outsmarted by Mrs. Sinister and blocked by Emma."

That does not have to do with telepathy. Stryfe sticked Mr. Sinister into releasing the Legacy Virus. That just means that he is gullible or was not paying attention. Same with Xavier. Xavier is too peaceful, while characters like Emma are cold and calculating. So, in my opinion, it has nothing to do with telepathy.

"Cassandra Nova would absolutely destroy the Shadow King, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if she gives him a psychic swirly or throws up on his mind."

I wouldn't say that it would be that easy. Cassandra Nova knows Xavier so well and that is why she easily defeated him. The Shadow King has existed since the dawn of humanity. That gives the Shadow King a lot of telepathic skill. The Shadow King's telepathic raw power increases as he feeds upon negative energy, such as hatred, violence, etc. The Shadow King held his own against both Jean Grey and Charles Xavier in the Muir Island Saga. In short, Xavier needed the X-Men's help to the Shadow King. The first time they met, the Shadow King was just toying with Xavier. Xavier was lucky and barely escaped with his own life.

ExodusCloak
"Pretty much, Xavier being cited as more powerful then ever and yet he gets outsmarted by Mrs. Sinister and blocked by Emma."

That does not have to do with telepathy. Stryfe sticked Mr. Sinister into releasing the Legacy Virus. That just means that he is gullible or was not paying attention. Same with Xavier. Xavier is too peaceful, while characters like Emma are cold and calculating. So, in my opinion, it has nothing to do with telepathy.

Well then that is a stupid opinion.

The Shadow King can be as old as the Earth for all I care he's still and idiot. FYI Selene is hag old and she gets punked by Dani Moonstar go figure.

Cassandra punked Xavier and Jean with utter ease might I add.

Xavier defeated the Shadow King in their first encounter, so did Psylocke. Why? Because he's an idiot.

BTW The Shadow King is still in idiot as proven by his World Apart appearance. Pulling Storm on the Astral Plane, he could have just left her there to die but he wanted to toy with her first. He should be Idiot Supreme.

Kris Blaze
*Cassandra Nova overpowers Xavier easily while he's in Cerebra*

"This is because Nova knows him"

pinksushi1
"Well then that is a stupid opinion."

Explain. I am not convinced.

"The Shadow King can be as old as the Earth for all I care he's still and idiot. FYI Selene is hag old and she gets punked by Dani Moonstar go figure.
Cassandra punked Xavier and Jean with utter ease might I add.
Xavier defeated the Shadow King in their first encounter, so did Psylocke. Why? Because he's an idiot.
BTW The Shadow King is still in idiot as proven by his World Apart appearance. Pulling Storm on the Astral Plane, he could have just left her there to die but he wanted to toy with her first. He should be Idiot Supreme."

I totally agree that the Shadow King is stupid most times. He is arrogant and underestimates everyone. Selene's primary power is not telepathy. Selene is basically a female version of Blackheart. Did Nova defeated Xavier and Jean at the same time? Because in the Muir Island Saga, The Shadow King held his own against the both of them. Remember that it was Emma who defeated Nova. Emma is a slight notch below Xavier.

Here is the situation: ( It is long so if you don't want to read it, ignore it)
"In their first encounter, SK and Xavier were equal in power with SK having far more skill and experience. He was enjoying himself in that fight with Xavier, savoring it, thus toying around with Xavier instead of just taking care of business and going for the kill. If SK were blood lusted in that first fight, he would have destroyed Xavier. In the second fight, he was grinding Xavier's bones to powder and was about to kill him when the other X-Men arrived to help Xavier. He beat Xavier hands down in the Muir Island Saga which is why the other X-Men intervened.

Shadow King did have a host body in "Psi-War." He was possessing Ainet. There is no heresay. Shadow King requires a host to anchor himself to the physical world. That fight with Karma was not on the Astral Plane, hence Karma's friend could see it and help her out. Well, the issue stated that SK ran back to the Astral Plane where she could not follow, so that in itself tells you the fight was not there. With his connection to Doug was not fully formed, he was less than full power in that fight. Karma challenged the Shadow King by trying to possess Doug while the SK occupied his body. Shadow King had not yet completed his bond with the new host body, Doug, and was thus weakened. Karma attacked him while he was weak and that was why she was able to win. That was the whole point with their Astral Forms, etc. Karma managed to overcome a weakened Shadow King forcing him out of Doug and sent him running back to the Astral Plane where she could not follow. Karma is no match for a fully powered Shadow King by any stretch of the imagination.

In the case with Psylocke, the story completely established that Psylocke was no threat to Shadow King in battle. In fact, Xavier was established to be the only telepathic threat to Shadow King. The only reason Betsy was successful in neutralizing him was he had expended all of his power mind controlling billions of minds across the world. He had spread his power out so much that he exposed his psionic nexus. At the moment Betsy attacked him, he was not even aware of her as he was so intoxicated with mind-controlling billions of minds and he had no power left to defend himself from any kind of psychic attack. Betsy took this opportunity to sneak attack him, grab his psionic nexus and imprison it. She never overpowered Shadow King in a fight. As a matter of fact, she was too afraid to attack him head on to his face."

Well there is the long situation.

"This is because Nova knows him"

Exactly. And Nova does not know the Shadow King.

ExodusCloak
"Well then that is a stupid opinion."

Explain. I am not convinced.

Don't need to explain the fact that she can block him has everything to do with telepathy. And Xavier is pretty cold and calculating too. Your statement was random.

Did you even read the issue: The first time Emma "beat" Nova she snapped her neck in Diamond Form. Emma is immune to telepathy in Diamond Form. Secondly Emma actually snapped Xavier's neck in that issue, Nova switched bodies with Xavier.

The second time she beat her, she tricked her into entering Stuffs body. So againI'm wondering if you actually read the issue.

And yes Cassandra Nova beat Xavier, Jean, Cyclops, Beast and Wolverine at the same time with utter ease. This was I'm manifesting the Phoenix Force Jean too.

I have read all of that, and all that makes him an idiot.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Don't need to explain the fact that she can block him has everything to do with telepathy. And Xavier is pretty cold and calculating too. Your statement was random.

Did you even read the issue: The first time Emma "beat" Nova she snapped her neck in Diamond Form. Emma is immune to telepathy in Diamond Form. Secondly Emma actually snapped Xavier's neck in that issue, Nova switched bodies with Xavier.

The second time she beat her, she tricked her into entering Stuffs body. So againI'm wondering if you actually read the issue.

And yes Cassandra Nova beat Xavier, Jean, Cyclops, Beast and Wolverine at the same time with utter ease. This was I'm manifesting the Phoenix Force Jean too.

I have read all of that, and all that makes him an idiot.

If that is true, then how did Mr. Sinister not know what Stryfe was planning to do in X-Cutioner's Song? How did Sinister not know that Stryfe gave him the Legacy Virus?

ExodusCloak
If that is true, then how did Mr. Sinister not know what Stryfe was planning to do in X-Cutioner's Song? How did Sinister not know that Stryfe gave him the Legacy Virus?

It's random because comparing those two events is like comparing apples and oranges.

In one instance you get Stryfe hand over a cannister that requires the use of special equipment to open. Once opened they found "nothing" and Sinister said it was to be expected not realizing that it was the Legacy virus.

In World War Hulk Xavier tries to make the X-Men back off psychically and Emma blocks his powers. Xavier even says it.

I don't see your point?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.