Hero lyrics!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kris Blaze
Let's start a thread dedicated to songs that mention super-heroes or have some sort of reference to comics!

Like in Electric Six' song "Rip it" there is a reference to Delph/Zod.

Disappear
wesley willis' popular "i whupped spider-man's ass" is all about him fighting spider-man. i believe he was a "i kicked batman's ass" song, as well

WickedDynamite
Doesn't that song "Rapper's Delight" mention Superman and Lois Lane? I think it does.

Original Smurph
The Ballad of Barry Allen by Jim's Big Ego

Alpha Centauri
Method Man has LOADS, too many to name.

One of them, from memory, on the song Triumph by Wu-Tang Clan:
"Out of the frying pan, into the fire/Transform into the Ghost Rider.". His nickname is Johnny Blaze, on top of that.

Another Method Man one from The ?:
"Control hammer like the mighty Thor/Bringin' thunder down.".

Ghostface Killer has two Marvel-based nicknames: Tony Starks and Ironman (Was a cameo for him in the movie, it's a deleted scene).

From Protect Ya Neck by Wu-Tang Clan (Inspectah Deck):
"Swingin' through your town like your neighborhood Spider-Man.".

M.F. Doom features Dr. Doom on a lot of his art, wears a metal mask.

One from Vast Aire (Also Blueprint), on the song Zenith:
"I understand all the reasons for pain/That makes my soul metal like Logan's skeletal/Adamantium in the core within.".

From the same song (Blueprint):
"Burn your face like the depths of Hell/I'm like a wolverine with an adamantium shell.".

From Stress Rap by Cannibal Ox (Vast Aire):
"They used to call me Crazy Joe, add a bazooka/Now they can call me Batman; beyond your manuevers.".

From Battle for Asgard by Cannibal Ox (Vordul Mega):
"We mind-bogglin', spine-tinglin'/Got the scroll of Galactus now I'm planet-swallowin'/Megala's got the surfboard and he's hollerin'.".

The obvious references to Asgard and also one to Odin COULD be considered a Marvel ref, given the aformentioned ones, but I don't want to assume.

Some from Nrrd Girl by MC Chris:
"She's more like a wallflower/Like the one that Stryker sniped/I'm like elixir when I'm with her cos I think I like her type.".

"Always ravin' 'bout her favs/Wanna conquer her like Kang, when you kiss like Cassie Lang.".

"X-23 and Hellion, odd couple, to be kind/She's in my heart, in my mind and now she's in my rhymes.".

From My Name Is... by Eminem:
"Clothes rip like The Incredible Hulk/I spit when I talk/I f*ck anything that walks.".

Also, I think I recall one from Purple Pills by D12, during Proof's verse:
"I thought I was incredible and killed the Hulk.".

Paul McCartney did a song called Magneto and Titanium Man I believe.

Additionally, I believe the M.C. David Banner bases his name off the T.V. show.

I know of a rather excellent female M.C. named Jean Grae.

Not all lyrics, but references.

-AC

Badabing
http://www.geocities.com/chris_0126/songs.html

Icy Ninja
Jay-Z return from retirement album is called Kingdom Come one of his comic book fan friends gave him the idea for the album when he told him the story of the Kingdom Come comic this is the wiki article where I found the info

Album Inspiration
In 2006, a supposedly retired Jay-Z was to release his first album in three years. Jay-Z's friend Young Guru, who is a comic book fan, told Jay-Z about the plot for the comic, where a nearly elderly Superman comes out of retirement to show the heroes of the future what a true hero really is. Inspired by this, Jay-Z named his album Kingdom Come. Jay-Z even mentions Superman's name in a song on the album with the same title.

Doctor-Alvis

Kris Blaze
MF Doom/Vic Vauhn/Madvillain has a couple of songs. The more popular ones Vaudeville villain:

"On borrowed-time rhymes, gassed by the silver screen
They cat like their monkey ass can heal back like Wolverine"

And in Never dead he has a reference to Peter Parker and Transformers:

"Flippin like optimus prime to a ten wheeler
V set the scheme on his own team like star scream
Then go hit the bar scene all like 'na mean? '"

"If I don't study I'm a cheat off Peter Parker
Keep a liter of vodka inside my locker"

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
"Never seen a girl like you in the comic book store. She buy 4 issues of Hulk, I buy 4 issues of Thor."

Is that me? laughing

starlock
Captain America's been torn apart
Now he's a court jester
with a broken heart
He said-
Turn me around and
take me back to the start
I must be losin' my mind-
"Are you blind?"
I've seen it all a million times

Guns & Roses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.