New game ideas wanted! POST NEW GAME IDEAS HERE FIRST!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
This is the thread in which to suggest new game ideas and see if people want to play. ANY idea that other people think is something they want to play in is a good one. If ideas posted here get much interest, then when I approve them you can start to open the threads to start PLAYING them.

There are two types of RP around here:

1. Most on-line RPs are more a form of continuous group storytelling with no or few rules as such, just each person adding to the story one at a time, normally in some form of persona. These stories are very easy to create- you just need a background setting can take any number of players and are very easy to play. However, there can often be story conflicts (like if two people want the exact oppopsite thing to happen there is a problem) and the plots tend to be a little diffuse.

2. The style I brought in around here is an on-line version of 'table-top' RPing that I do in real life (though table-top is a misnomer as people rarely use miniatures any more; it's all in the head). How this works is that one person is in charge. He writes the setting and the plot of what is going to happen. Everyone else takes a single character and plays through this story- which should, of course, be open-ended and very liable to change according to what the players do. The guy in charge plays all the people the players meet, tells the players what is going on and what the other people are saying. The players say what they want to do, and the guy in charge tells them the result, using whatever rules system he sees fit to use. This method creates good, interactive stories with strong characterisation and solid plots. However, such games tend to be limited to how many people they can hold, and players have to accept that there are rules and they cannot always do what they want.

Experience has taught me that different styles suit different people; most places prefer the first but around here only the second style has ever been successful, creating a small but dedicated (and very vigorous!) Star Wars RPing area.

As far as I am concerned this place should be perfectly capable of running either style- we can try and run whatever people want. As mod I will have final say on what does and does not go in but if other people want to run their own games in here I will be happy to help make that happen if I think there is the support for it.

Ok, I would love to hear your ideas! And if anyone wants any help or advice, simply contact me.

Ushgarak
Cleared this place out to make it less cluttered for upcoming ideas.

SpikeSpiegel
How about a Cowboy Bebop RPG? You don't play as any of the main characters but someone could post bounties and you go and get them, you could run into one of the main characters, and fly around in a ship like the Bebop and then jet off on something like the red tail or the swordfish II. And you could go off in search of bounties only to be beaten to it, growing friends and rivals along the way. What do you think?

SpikeSpiegel
So I take that as a no then.

ragesRemorse
setting takes place during the dark ages, The anti christ has been reborn. after the age when he learned of his purpose in the universe, he used his charisma and persuasion to amass a major army. With a few key victories he soon collects an army of intimidating numbers and continues to roll over kingdoms. preaching his twisted visions for a new way of life people start to worship him and join his side freely,

with near domination of Europe his words spread across the world and people with ambitions to join his cause and people who see past his masquerade and fear what he is really is capable of travel from all over the world to eigther engage in battle against the evil being or reinforce his vision. after a fluke in battle he is taken down with an arrow, The mages by his side revive him and when he returns he returns with knowledge of the darkest reaches of existence. Seeing how it took him three months to fully recover the battle shifted and became more equal. He pases his newly found knowledge onto his mages which are now able to conjur the undead and evil beings to there cause

There are many different bands or kingdoms that stand against this threat but there is only one major kingdom that stands against the warlords threat, It is the only kingdom to not be defeated when attacked. The kingdom is an alliance with waariors from all over the world. It is the kingdom of Jurnon and it is only because of the talents and resistance to be controlled that has kept this kingdom from falling. Thieves and spies have gained valuble imformation about war tactics and spell conjuring from the opposing side. This knowledge strengthens the chances for the all that is good.

Characters can range any where from humans to werewolves or even warlocks, if youve read medival stories or played any RPG's from the era you know the extreme wide variety of characters you can shoose so pick what you like as long as the character is plausible and relevant to the story. like most RPG's there are three sides to choose from good,evil, independant and this is the most important desicion you have to make. will you assist the darkness of death and evil into swallowing everything or will you fight for that ray of light that defies the dark. Or maybe you want to ride the line dividing the two and see where the battle is going before you make your final desicion

OMGTEHUBASNIP3R
Mine is a slightly-futuristic WW3 RPG

By slightly i mean 5 years into the future.

I already made a thread about it telling the prologue. (SRY IM NEW)

OMGTEHUBASNIP3R
In mine you can be one of 4 types of people. Soldier, Political Leader, Citizen, or a Hero. There are only 5 heroes. And each type has its advantages and disadvantages.

punkchik
I thing there should be an Rp that is D&D related, and fantasy based. I am a serious Rper and a DM and a D&D player and would be SUPER excited if i could make a fantasy Rp, set in a middle earthish kind of place!!!!! that would rock big grin smile

FallingBlue
so make it, your welcome to start a thread, i know i would join, gotta love me some elven archers! smile

Ushgarak
I think three players is enough to run a game, if you get the interest.

SpikeSpiegel
So anyone like my cowboy bebop idea?

Dexx
umm...no

Fire
Punk I love D&D it's awesomely cool, nice idea, tho I doubt I'll be joining in, I do however have a game ready for play, should some ppl care, but if you want to run your own game fine by me

punkchik
Um I asked you if i could start a topic, and i did, so why for the love of all thats holy are you closing it? I was following the rules, i am sorry that i didnt answer your question!! I was going to then my browser shut down and i forgot about it. I am sorry if that makes you mad. I did ask.... oh well.... sad confused

Ushgarak
Ok, after talking to Punkchik, just to clarify something- I do actually have to give a game the go ahead myself! If it has people interested that is mostly a formality, but PLEASE check with me first!

Mist
i like highlander. celsius wants a highlander rpg as well. you could be immortals and have a battle much like the SW battles, but you have to try nto cut your opponents heads off and take their power.

Ushgarak
That would indeed be not dissimilar to my SW set-up only nowhere NEAR as 'friendly'- people really would be playing for keeps!

fungrl515
i thinkmit would be cool to do cowboy bebop. can i be ed?

gambit88
What about a all out Marvel Role Player where you can be pretty much any marvel character? against i dunno a world threatening force?

Ushgarak
Hmm... I am just worried that we might be reaching saturation point on Hero/Superhero games!

Bespin Bart
Well, Rex thinks his may be dead since it's been buried by the 'more popular' ones.

Captain REX
Yep, I think so... sad

Darth Revan
How about a KotOR RP? As you can tell from my username, I am obsessed with that game.

Ushgarak
Heh... well, it would belong in the SW RP section... but what do people think?

Sylvannas
Havn't a clue what a KOTOR stands for, anywho, heres my take on an rpg thrown around in my mind.

{/SNIP}

To anyone that read about the RPG, try to forget what I posted, I'll just PM find someone to help brainstorm for ideas...

Ushgarak
Aww, I wanna know what you said!

KOTOR= Knights of the Old Republic.

Sylvannas
________

Captain REX
Star Wars video game, Sylvannas. Thousands of years before the movies. Or less.

Howdy Sylvannas! smile *waves*

Sylvannas
Hello!...so...out of curiousity...did you manage to read the preview thing I had...if so, tell me if it was garbage or not >.> <.< bah...keep posting it then editting it with a blank line out of fear of being picked to pieces by the expirenced rpers...

Ushgarak
Hang on... yeah, I DID see it- fantasy thing, yes?

Please, post it and be proud!

Sylvannas
Maybe this'll stay on the board for a whole two minutes >.>
Word to the wise, don't press refresh if your lucky enough to read the story, because I'm may delete it...again...

One hundred years ago, growing from a small conflict to a full-scale war, The Dragon Wars began. They had been going on and off for those past one hundred years, each side starting campaigns against the other, each side capturing land from the other, then losing it during the next campaign of the opposing side. This land was barren and dry, no one wished to set foot on it, let alone cultivate it. These wars would be come to known as the bloodiest and costliest series of wars to have ever been seen. Both sides, Kaithul and Sherejekt, were devastated. Their armies were at less than half manpower. Their lands and people were exhausted from the wars. The minor breaks between the wars gave them some relief, but there was never enough time to make the repairs needed.

There were more losses than just land and men. One of the proudest and most powerful race, the Dragons, was lost. Very few were left. Some would say there were none. In the early campaigns they were used as war mounts and spearheads of assaults. They took a heavy toll, and quickly. The dragons were big targets, and the commanders didn't understand that their size didn't make them invulnerable. The bodies of dragons fell quickly; they were most likely the first causality in a battle. This, coupled with their slow reproduction rate, doomed them.

There were some dragons remaining, but they were few and far between. They were also reclusive, and never allowed anyone to know where they were. They were rumored to be the wisest and strongest, and that is why they had survived as long as they had. It was also rumored that the King of Sherejekt had come to acquire a very powerful dragon. It supposedly held great power in magic, and could devastate armies with ease. Since this dragon was under the control of the King of Sherejekt, he wasn't hesitant to use it against Kaithul.

That was the first 3 or 7 paragraphs. I'd allow pople to play as either humans, elfs, merfolk and possibly angels, demons and dragoons. Obviously, I'd add in a description of each race.
But of course, other than the biggining I havn't a clue what to put in in terrms of twists and turns.

Captain REX
Wow! I like that idea! I'm interested, Sylvannas!

Ushgarak
A-ha! It's there now and it's staying... if people are interested then you can go for it.

Sylvannas
One problem>.> <.< havn't hammered out the darned story due to semi-laziness, apart from the intro and description of the races, I got nothing. So, just think of this as a preview for a story which may never arrive....unless I get someone to help. HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT >.>...... HINT!

Ushgarak
Ow! Stop throwing those hints at me!

What kind of help were you after?

Fire
lol that was obvious smile

Sylvannas
To help with adding either to the available races or extending the plot. The basic plot is already typed up (just not fully posted on this board yet). If you'd like to help, I could discuss it furthur with you on the pm thingy.

Ushgarak
Feel free! Bit busy this weekedn so do not expect immediate answers.

Sylvannas
Goody goody gumdrops. I'll probably pm you tommorow, or later today. But on a completely unrelated note: do you allow duels to be posted here?

Captain REX
Indeed, I think so.

Sylvannas
Do I just post here and wait for someone to take up the duel, or do I make a new topic? I've got my intro, just want to see if I'll get a responce from someone.

Ushgarak
Oh, what sort of duel?

Sylvannas

Ushgarak
Ok, would ot be the same system you would use in your eventual game?

Sylvannas
Yes, I plan on using Gaw's Law for this and the rp that may never come >.> <.> x.x

Ushgarak
Then I recommend you make a thread about it, explaining all! Then see if people want to fight.

Sylvannas
Shweet, didn't think I was allowed to make threads on this board. I'll make it after I find a links to G's law.

Ushgarak
Oh yeah, you have my permission!

Sylvannas

Ushgarak
Heh... awwwww...

Captain REX
I like the idea! I...uh...guess I didn't read the full thing though! Started pulling out my guns... embarrasment

Sylvannas
Well, thanks for at least considering it CR. happy

Captain REX
I did a retry! big grin

Sylvannas
Thanks! Now I can begin my first duel like thingy, now all I need is....er....six hours to think of something decent to write.....but still, thanks for taking up the duel. happy smile

Captain REX
laughing out loud

SpikeSpiegel
Could I make a sort of table-top Final Fantasy/Golden Sun/other RPG style one I've worked out exactly how to do it.

SpikeSpiegel
I've typed it all up and worked out how to do everything, I just need the OK.

Ushgarak
Absolutely no reason why not, if people are interested.

tigereyes456
k now hear this...what about a martial arts based game. Set in the age of Samurai. It would be played in a school where they learn martials arts, such as Taekwon-do, Karate, Kung Fu and Judo.
I would need people to take on positions as teachers fpr each kind of martials arts and each student would have to chose up to two kinds of martials arts to "learn." After a surtain period of time i would start some sort of war where the students would have to fight.
Here are the levels i was consittering:
Teacher: able to perform anything to their martial art. 9th degree black belt carries either bow and arros and sword or two swords. You chose which kind of sword.
Advanced: Black belt 1st degree. (will be apointed by myself) Able to perform all basic and m the start of advanced skills. Carries sword of that you chose.
Intermidiatesadwill be apointed by me) Karte: Blue-Brown
Taekwon-do: Blue- Hi-brown
Kung-fu: blue- red
Judo- Green-red.
Able to perform all basic skills carries sword of their choosing with my consent.
Beginnersad yellowand up will be apointed by myself.) Karate:white-green
Taekwon-do: white- Hi-green
Kung-fu- white-green.
Judo- white- orange.
learning basic skills not very famillaire with much. Carries sword of my choosing basic on their level.
Umm yah so thats about it....

tigereyes456
ignore the sad faces lol>

Captain REX
laughing out loud Yeah, that's what the space button is for, I suppose...

Captain REX
I think I suggested this once, but what do people think of a Pokemon RPG?

Captain REX
Also, I've got another idea for an RPG...don't know what it shall be called yet, but I am forming ideas as I go! It involves transformations, elements, weapons, etc. I think I might have a little write up for ya soon!

Ushgarak
Neat...

Bespin Bart
Both sound kinda interesting...

silversaber
Sounds interesting. PM me when you have the whole thing.

Anyway....

I know the movie Brother Bear is way below our age group, but I think if I pressed the right buttons (expression from my small town) it could make an interesting RPG. I'd have one thread for creating characters, one for taking this quiz thing to discover your totem and another for the actual game.

tigereyes456
K have have an idea for a rpg based on the show The O.C. It would be sort of like it was the next season and totally new characters and it would involve three threads in all 1) general disscuision/casting 2) the Beach 3) Harvard high nad bepending on how many people wish to play a 4th for housing/ residencal area!
pm me with you wish to help me corrdinate or have any coments or ideas.

Captain REX
Alright, I have an idea on how to create characters, and where everything will be taking place. The title of the RPG is Tomahawk, based upon my old story ideas and BB's written stuff. Taking advantage of the fact that I have a nice map. wink

tigereyes456
DOES NO ONE LIKE MY IDEA???

silver_tears
i do big grin i like that show yes

tigereyes456
YAY!!!!!

LanceWindu
Sorry Ush, I started a RPG type thread without coming here first...move it to the Un-hosted RPG,

Ushgarak
Okidokey...

tigereyes456
k so can i start the oc rpg cus must people don't cmoe here to see new ideasso maybe if i post it more people will come!

FallingBlue
IGNORE! WRONG THREAD

The Force
hmmm, that would be cool, i kinda like that idea.

Ushgarak
Plenty of people come here, Tigereyes! But why not PM people you think might be interested?

Captain REX
Well, there's one for the Pkmn RPG.

The Force
no i'm not one, i'm all big grin

Captain REX
laughing out loud

The Force
...well i guess i'm just one of 2, we should get more

Ushgarak
Like I say, ask around, PM people to see if they are interested, that kinda thing.

The Force
hmmm, ok, that i'll do...

Bespin Bart
Well, so far, me and Force are up for Pokemon. Zink will probably support you, Rex.

The Force
and blue and fungrl, said that they might join

Captain REX
Excellent! I got the PM, The Force, so I'll start up character creation, if Ush is up for it being started.

The Force
good, this rp should be great thumb up

*TaBY_bOOmer!
can i do one of underworld?

Might ne1 b interested in a, like, I don't remember what its called, like where a bunch of people come together and try to like see who will be the next rockstar or something? I don't know much about it, but I thought it might be fun. Like, ne1 who wanted to join would start out with like 2 or 3 ppl, then as the game progresses you keep having one of your ppl like voted out or something, till thers only a select group of players fav and most developed ppl.

Sylvannas
If this gets any positive attention, then it'll become an RP. Yeah, it's not very detailed but...moving on:

War...Every race is seemingly destined to be consumed by its influence, that is how it has been, and forever shall be. Such is the case with the races of Therion. Originally the war was said to be that of a holy war, to cleanse the world of the lesser races. Constant war ravages the land and has succeeded only in the cleansing of the innocent minds, only to then plague them with the lethal disease of hatred. But of course, by no means are all the inhabitants war-like by nature. Many villages, towns, entire countries have tried to maintain a peaceful standard of living. Unfortunately, all peace proposals have ended in some form of betrayal or bloodshed.

However, there is a chance for peace. A way to end the enduring war. There is the Sprit Tear. A legendary rune blade, it is said that whomever wields the Spirit Tear would possess insurmountable power. The uses are said to be limitless, from slaying kings, ruining towns and beating high mountains down too having a panacea to cure all illness and enlarge the weakest soul. Although no one could ever be certain of the sword's whereabouts or true identity, various rumours and folklore point to the highest peaks of the Dragonmount, a gigantic
mountain towards the Northern end of the world. The Dragonmount is shrouded in mystery, as none whom have ventured there have returned to tell the tale.

Okay, the storyline is thus: As you can guess by the name, The Draconian Chronicles, the story will focus on the Draconians, as this story chronicles their last years as one of the prominent races, and catalogue their fall from the position as the most powerful race in Therion. This story is about the Draconians power-hungry quest to get to the Spirit Tear, and use it to further their control over anything and everything. Feel free to make up towns, cities, and people as you like, just make sure you don't control any npc's that I deem important(Unless I stick someone else in charge for some reason). If you are a wizard/mage and are not an elf, fairy or draconian, choose one of the listed god(ess), due to the fact that only those races are able to naturally use magic, whereas the others must receive their spells from praying to their god.

SpikeSpiegel
Cool,I'ld do that

Ushgarak
Sylvannas!!! You are back?

Sylvannas
Yes, yes I am, more or less...

I know I'm forgetting something so...

What have I done, what can I do to make up for it, and is my RP any good?

Ushgarak
It looks good to me!

And you haven't done anything, as such; just that I gave you your big intro into LOTR and then yuo were gone!

Captain REX
stick out tongue

Hiya, Sylvannas!

Sylvannas
stick out tonguehttp://http://www.deathwyrminn.com/images/yhelo.jpg

Sylvannas
Ush: Sorry bout the disappearance act I pulled back then...don't suppose I can make up for that now?

And seeing that the other idea doesn't have any chance of working, hers another one.

And by the way, the original idea is stolen from: Xythe ( I'm sure he'll join soon enough to kill me, or send someone one his behalf, but until then XD)
>.>
<.<

The hunt is on.

Boston, Massachusetts

Karen Anderson sat alone at her table, in a little known cheap-but-good French restaurant. She had only arrived there less than five minutes ago, and was quietly waiting for a waiter or waitress to come along and take his order. There were a few other people at the small restaurant named, 'Bon Apetit', but the place was far from crowded. Karen could see two other couples talking quietly with each other, plus the waiters, cooks, and other restaurant employees, making a total of fourteen people currently in the restaurant. Quite a small number, considering the 'dangerous and unlawful' capacity of 45 people... a limit that would almost be filled before the night was through.

That's the one? The waiter peered cautiously at Karen from the kitchen one last time before moving. She doesn't look dangerous... he thought as he approached the her. "Bonjour and Bob Apetit!" he said enthusiastically with an obviously forced French accent. In reality, however, he was nervous as hell about the operation. What if something goes wrong? What if the public hears about it? Jean knew that there was nothing he could do about it, though. He was just a simple waiter with complicated orders. "May I take your order, sil vous plait? he asked, playing his part word for word. Karen responded, and Jean wrote something down on his little waiter's pad... but it wasn't Karen's order. Instead, he wrote, "Table 3 male brown hair medium build" all in one jumbled sentence. When Karen was finished, she responded with "Merci, monsieur", and hurried back to the kitchen. "Very good, Jean. Now just wait here until I give you further orders. You will be paid if the operation is a success.

Karen was fidgeting with the vase of cheap flowers at her table when she realized that one of the couples had left. After taking another look around, she discovered that both the couples had left. She then realized just how quiet the place had become. She was now their only customer, when there were usually about ten other people at the restaurant at this hour. Karen glanced at her watch. The hands pointed to 9:30. Strange... my drink should've been here almost five minutes ago. She thought, looking around the restaurant again. She then realized that neither of the couples had paid... or even eaten. Okay. Calm down. They don't know. They can't know. Karen was getting nervous now. The whole thing looked like a setup. Slowly rising, she leaned over her table and took a quick peek at the kitchen. Nobody there. Here's my chance. Suddenly, Karen bolted towards the exit and pulled on the door. It was locked. "Freeze! Don't move a muscle!"

_________________Continuation mark 1(Think of this as an intermition for those of you that can't red hugh amounts of writing all at once):

Jeremy Smith knew exactly what he was doing. He and his team were some of the best trained men in the country, and he was sure that they would do well, even though this was only the first time they had worked together. Most of them didn't even know why they had been ordered to go after this woman, or any of the other 'innocent' individuals on the list. "They're still human, aren't they?" some said, "They deserve to live just as much as we do!" They were fired. A few days later, they had turned up dead. That's what happens when you know too much, though. Nobody said it was fair. Besides, they couldn't afford to have the secret get out. It was worth the sacrifice.

"Now Karen, slowly put your hands above your head." Jeremy knew that there could be no mistakes tonight. If she got away, not only would it mean Jeremy's death, but the secret would get away with him, and to Jeremy, that was worse than death.

I'm caught. Karen didn't know how they had found her, and she didn't care much either. Knowing that they would kill her, Karen only cared about one thing- and that was survival. As she slowly raised her hands up in front of her body, her back to the team of soldiers, she came up with a plan. Her hands, invisible to his aggressors, formed a few quick symbols before rising above her head. Two seconds later, Karen formed the final symbol, a dove. At that moment, a giant cloud of red smoke exploded from her position, temporarily blinding everyone in the restaurant. She ran towards the kitchen as the men fired randomly into the smoke. Bursting out of the red mist and into the kitchen, Karen realized that it wasn't over yet. Two guards stood only seven feet away from her. Karen's eyes suddenly turned a deep shade of blue as they looked into them.

What's going on? Blake thought, seeing her still alive in front of him, I could've sword I just unloaded a full clip on her. Blake turned to his teammate and saw a look of bewilderment on her face. Karen began to form more seals. Both guards ejected their clips from their guns and began to reload. Damn! We'll never make it in time! In under two seconds, both men had been tossed violently against the walls, and crumpled to the ground next to their discarded ammunition- both full clips of .45 caliber rounds. I love that trick... she thought as she ran towards the back exit. Just as she slammed the door behind her, a torrent of bullets smashed against their metal frames behind. Karen turned around, exhausted and confused. In front of her stood a single man. "Impressive, Karen, but I'm afraid that this is the end of the line."

_____________Continuation mark number 2:

Karen was stunned. Is this how they found me? But he would never give away my identity! The man in front of her was tall and had light brown skin. His black hair fell down in front of his face in spiked clumps. He wore a light gray jacket and regular grey pants, and carried no weapons whatsoever. "But... why? What could they possibly have paid you that's valuable enough?" Karen knew that she had been betrayed. She instantly recognized the man as Shailin, a member of a mysterious organization that studied Ki, witchcraft, and other supernatural powers. An organization which Karen belonged to. They had been kept secret for so many years, and Karen could not believe that this man would betray them, and yet here he was- the only thing now that stood between her and freedom. The bastard.

Shailin felt nothing for this woman. She was going to die, and there was nothing that could change that now. She was cursed with the same curse that would eventually kill Shailin himself, but it was a curse that must be destroyed. Not only the powers, but the secrets that they held. If the world knew... The church, the governments of countless nations, all would be gone. And Shailin was sure that his kind would all be killed, too. The entire planet would organize a modern day witch hunt, and millions would be killed, and millions more who were innocent. "I know you believe your 'gift' can be used for good." he said calmly, extending his arm as he spoke, "But it can only result in destruction." Shailin made a few quick gestures, and in seconds, Karen was face down on the ground in a pool of her own blood and vomit.

Sylvannas

Ushgarak
"Ush: Sorry bout the disappearance act I pulled back then...don't suppose I can make up for that now?"

Well, you can just join in the game right now at Rivendell!

Trickster
I would play that! the magic one!

Ushgarak
We seem to keep losing track of Sylvannas...

Sylvannas
Lost? Nope. Miss-placed? Yup.

If anything, I'll just stick my character near an inn/bar/restaurant type place thing, and if I can find some place to fit into the plot, great! If not...well...then I'll just fade into the background again.

Ushgarak
At Rivendell is a superb place to join, Sylvannas...

Sylvannas
I meant an inn/bar/restaurant type place in Rivendell, Ushgarak...

Trickster
In Rivendell? I don't know if there are any. That would ruin it for me if there was. I think you should just say that you are staying at the house. Although I'm not in that thread so you can do whatever you want.

Ushgarak
I'll post something in there for you, Sylvannas.

tptmanno1
Ok, I have an Idea,
I think that a Ninja RP would be fun. I could rip Ush's matrix combat thingy,(hehe) and I'd try to makeit Historicly accurate with people pulling assasinations and such, but it would be tied into a major plot,
Would there be any intrest?

Captain REX
Sounds interesting...

tptmanno1
yup
we can, like the matrix game have paths and such, but stealth and style would be a big part,
if you barge into a room in the martix you can shoot everyone, but if you do that in my game, you'll be dead for sure. cuz people have guns and you don't you only have a sword and shriken(sp)
if Ush doesn't have a copyright on them smile then i'll use a path system

Ushgarak
I don't; the base game system does though so we are all in trouble if they notice.

tptmanno1
say what...
ETM has no paths in it though, ( i think that what you said)

Ushgarak
I meant the base RP game.

Captain REX
I'm sure their'll be more than swords, Tpt...

tptmanno1
well, swords, knives, shriken, little throwing daggers, little rice/egg ball that blind, poison darts ect. just no firearms for ninja

Captain REX
Pfft, being a Ninja sucks... stick out tongue

j/k

tptmanno1
haha,
well we got the matrix RP to get our gun nutting needs outta our system\
this is for our hack and slash needs,
I was thinking of making it a Ninja/Samuri one, but then there would be no one to fight..

Captain REX
That might be a problem...

I also have a thing for applying some of Ush's Matrix combat system to my untouched Super Hero game, that I might reintroduce.

tptmanno1
soo Rex, you're up for it??

pssst ush, can i go ahead and start? (PM)

Ushgarak
Blimey, I am turning everyone into role-players here!

Sure, go for it, Burn.

Trinity_Matrix
I'm actually working on my own RPG...heh...it'll be a Final Fantasy game with the story based off of Final Fantasy X but will elements pulled in from other various Final Fantasy games. It'll have a class system similar to that in Final Fantasy Tactics. I'll post more info on it when I work out the story and the play system a bit more...but would I have any interested people in playing?

Ushgarak
You may well do- Cloud does already fiun a FInal Fantasy game, I think, will there be a clash?

Trinity_Matrix
I didn't know his was FF...heh. But no, I don't think there should be any clashes between them.

(can anyone tell that I love Final Fantasy? big grin)

Ushgarak
I kinda picked up a hint of that, yeah...

Captain REX
Well, you're game is very popular...

SpikeSpiegel
My names Spike...

Ushgarak
Him too.

SpikeSpiegel
Final Sun's (My name for Final Fantasy) will get alot more interesting after this boss fight. The true enemy will be shown, the plot'll be let out a bit more and any Player-Orientated plots will be implemented.

Trinity_Matrix
Heh, cool ^_^ I'm working on the system for mine, it's complex in making it up but damn easy to use. It'll loosely follow the story from FFX.

Trinity_Matrix
Well, I've gotten pretty much the entire system worked out (except for one little part I haven't touched yet and may not have to, depending on whether or not anyone picks a certain class...), and more or less it's ready to start going up big grin

Ushgarak
Neat...

Trinity_Matrix
Yes...so can I start a thread for it now?

Ushgarak
Yup!

Trinity_Matrix
Alright ^_^ I'm working on typing up the info in Word right now, and I'll transfer it over when I'm done smile

Gotwa
Ush. I'd like to start a Starcraft-related rp. Get like 5 people together, and we decide on a race, and just rp life in some giant war and such.

Ushgarak
I always thought Starcraft would be a difficult nut to crack. But if you casn get the interested people then by all means.

Gotwa
Well, I'm pretty sure I can get one default. Thanks. smile

Trickster
I'll jion you Gotwa! Ush, do our RPs have to be based on something? Seems everone's is so far?

Captain REX
I'm considering reintroducing my Super Hero game, but with a different system.

Gotwa
I just need a few more people now.

Sylvannas
*Is interested in a Starcraft RP*

Gotwa
That makes 3 total, including me.. What race you guys wanna do? =o

Ushgarak
Hmm... try and get one more, Gotwa.

And they don't HAVE to be based on anything no.

Captain REX
Yeah, I think you should get at least one more, Gotwa.

I would join, but I've never played Starcraft...

Gotwa
Well yknow if they wanan do more than one race, that's cool.. but I figured it'd be cool to have one where we're all the same race.. and I was planning on one more.. stick out tongue

Sylvannas
Gotwa: My vote goes to the terrans; doubt I'd be able to Rp the alien things (Zerg?) or the Protoss properly.

Anyway, would anyone be interested in Rping a character stuck in a former amusement park that's now a possessed outpost for hell?

I know it sorta sounds werid and pretty sketchy, but I have the whole idea mapped out. (Kinda) I basically just need the Ush brand seal of approval and the players to get started.

Trickster
I say Terran Gotwa. The hell amusement park, I would need to know some more.

Sylvannas
...Once again, "I.G.U".

Darth Revan
You know what would be really cool is a mafia RPG. Games where you get to play someone evil are the coolest.

Ushgarak
In my experience they have to be done well lest they become blase.

As ever, if people want to try it and have good ideas on a story then go for it!

SpikeSpiegel
There's a Mafia RPG in the Unhosted section

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>