Who is the greatest comic character....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheGame17
In terms of depth, meaning that there are many dimensions to the character, such as personality, past experiences, childhood,..... Even in terms of the words they say.

Basically I wanna get your guy's take on who the BEST WRITTEN comic character. This is not in terms of POWER.

Any thoughts?

TheGame17
I'll throw out a random name to start: How about Thor? Is he quality written or have a good story behind his character?

Mindset
Doom

TheGame17
Interesting. I hadn't thought of him. Is it his drive for power?

carver9
Superman, Thor, Spiderman.

Ranked them in order

thanos-prime
Daredevil,hercules,iron man,thanos

TheGame17
Why Hercules? I don't know much about his background..

thanos-prime
Originally posted by TheGame17
Why Hercules? I don't know much about his background.. he is a great character i definitely recommend his current series if you don't have it

AsbestosFlaygon
Superman

Slaanesh
Hal Jordan

dmills
Spawn, Batman and Spiderman. Great origins, neither wanted to be who they are, but through great tragedy they were forged into what they are.

Warlord
Asterix smile

Mshinu
Magneto, Thanos, Apocalypse, Mystique.

A good Villain is always more interesting smile

shokosugi
Superman and Batman.

Martian_mind
Jason Todd

SamZED
How aout Joker. The fact that he doesnt have deinite origin only makes it more interesting.

h1a8
In terms of depth, meaning that there are many dimensions to the character, such as personality, past experiences, childhood,..... Even in terms of the words they say.

Basically I wanna get your guy's take on who the BEST WRITTEN comic character. This is not in terms of POWER.

Any thoughts?

This is a hard one. I definitely like the way Thor talks and goes about things better than most characters. I really love Rulk but he doesn't have enough years under his belt. Thanos is another one who's possibly the best. Spider-man when written well has the best personality and flair IMO with some heck of trials and tribulations. Superman is meh, although he has hella past experiences (including Death). I love Wolverine too. Batman may be the deepest though, from his childhood to what he has become. He is still a mystery to me.

Probably between Thor and Spider-man as the best in that regard. I don't have a friggin clue.

Placidity
Spider-man or Batman

Nestical
spider-man is a good pick, we all relate in some way. i like magneto too

Kherani
Batman

Master Court
To name a few. In no particular order.

Thor, Hulk, Superman, Captain America, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Batman...

Philosophía
Superman & Batman.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor. Wally West.

My two favorites as well.

WickedDynamite
Superman and Batman

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Superman and Batman

One's a blatant f@ggot. Pink Kryptonite didn't change him at all. Just had him act his true self.

The second is a petafile. Nightwing's still scared of chest up.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
One's a blatant f@ggot. Pink Kryptonite didn't change him at all. Just had him act his true self.

The second is a petafile. Nightwing's still scared of chest up.

laughing but true

rotiart
Magneto. The sometimes good sometimes bad guy... Who started as a good soul but went through tragic times. An loving but strict person his ideals cause him to show no weaknesses but to his family that is difficult. Powerful but not immortal... He has had his peoples interests at heart.

Xavier has had an intersting past the guy has relations with aliens... Loves people but what about his son David (legion)...

Least interesting to me but one of The more popular? Wolverine. Bleah.

Wild Shadow
their are plenty my personal favorite is logan from his creation to mid 90's...

he had a mysterious past, was an alcoholic bench drinker and smoker. signs of being self destructive struggling to remember his past and control his basic instinct. hating ppl in general being more comfortable in the woods with his animal friends..

i personally perfer heroes/anti heroes with tragic past and a hard life... ppl like daredevil, punisher and moonknight i find them more complicated..

ppl like spiderman or batman i just dont find interesting nor any real depth to them.... batman begins quote: " you think b/c ur mommy and daddy got shot you know the ugly side of life but u dont you never tasted desperate...

it takes more then one tragedy in life to define a person its a long slow progressive series of events..

one tragedy and the next day u put on a costume to fight injustice doesnt do it for me..

Prep-Man
Batman. Easily. Next comes Spider-Man.

Mindship
Rorschach

Kurosaba
cardiac

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Mindship
Rorschach

good one.. wink thumb up

Mindship
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
good one.. wink thumb up ...and the movie really did him justice.

Bouboumaster
Spider-Man, Batman, Doom/4 Fantastic, Silver Surfer/Galactus, Superman

TheGame17
Originally posted by Mindship
Rorschach

BINGO! I was waiting for someone to finally mention him. And what makes him so unique is that he only appeared in one story, but the writer's were still able to make him memorable and question what 'justice' really is.

I firmly believe he's one of the best-written characters of all time in terms of his past and moral philosophies. A true gem.

Juntai
Lex Luthor is up there too.

TheGame17
Originally posted by Juntai
Lex Luthor is up there too.

Yeah I can buy that. Anything from "Man of Steel" and Beyond, they really developed him into a more quality character, compared to his "mad scientist" phase in the gold and silver age.

Badabing
Moving. Not a vs thread. Well over the allowed number of characters.

jrodslam
DD, Cyclops, Namor, Superman, Batman, Flash(wally), Hal, Spiderman, Nightwing, FF.

The Pict
http://marvel.com/universe3zx/images/thumb/e/e7/Joe.jpg/440px-Joe.jpg

Monkey Joe

TheGame17
Originally posted by jrodslam
DD, Cyclops, Namor, Superman, Batman, Flash(wally), Hal, Spiderman, Nightwing, FF.

I can understand most of your list, but why Namor?

psycho gundam
given the op's criteria, batman is the greatest.

TheGame17
Originally posted by psycho gundam
given the op's criteria, batman is the greatest.

He's a close 2nd in my mind. VERY good character though.

hugekent
Wolverine IMO. Yes he's way overused but there's heaps there.

Mythological characters such as Thor have a lot too them as well.

Darth Jello
Daredevil, Spider-Woman (the real one), Typhoid Mary, and Jessica Jones.

tjcoady
John Constantine.

outavodka
Deadpool Nightcrawler Nova Spiderman
Hal Dick Tim Damien

Aztec123
These are my pick:

Superman:
Wonder Woman
Hal Jordan
Richard Grayson (Batman)
Cyclops

TheGame17
Originally posted by Aztec123
These are my pick:

Superman:
Wonder Woman
Hal Jordan
Richard Grayson (Batman)
Cyclops

Why Cyclops?

TheGame17
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Daredevil, Spider-Woman (the real one), Typhoid Mary, and Jessica Jones.

I haven't looked into spider-woman. What's her story?...

Aztec123
Why Cyclops?

He's respected by his peers, the leader of the x-men and gets hot girls. He's the guy I want to become. Furthermore, he's a noble guy and reminds me of myself.

TheGame17
Originally posted by Aztec123
He's respected by his peers, the leader of the x-men and gets hot girls. He's the guy I want to become. Furthermore, he's a noble guy and reminds me of myself.

I guess the visor is a real turn on for the ladies. Who knew! stick out tongue
He's definitely a good leader.

Aztec123
I guess the visor is a real turn on for the ladies. Who knew! stick out tongue
He's definitely a good leader.

I'm sure Jean and Emma are turn on, by what's behind the visor. stick out tongue
And yes, I agree he's definitely a good leader. Imo personality wise he's the marvel superman.

Darth Jello
I haven't looked into spider-woman. What's her story?...

Kinda complicated. I'm referring to the first and current one, Jessica Drew. Basically she's a Brit who's parents were members of HYDRA and due to a botched experiment, she developed powers from birth. She was recruited into HYDRA at a young age and personally trained by Taskmaster. She broke with them and was kinda jostled around between being a freelance crime fighter and HYDRA and SHIELD to the point where she's been used, abused, and manipulated her entire life almost to the level of Wolverine. Eventually she became a private investigator and had issues with her powers and acted as a mentor to the newest Spider-Woman (Mattie Franklin). Eventually she returned to New York after Mattie got herself into trouble, regained her powers and joined the Avengers while again dealing with SHIELD and HYDRA messing with her. She was then kidnapped and replaced by the Skrull Queen Veranke and after Secret Invasion is dealing with the trauma of her ordeal, that no one trusts her, and that she is now an Agent of SWORD tasked with policing aliens on Earth and killing every single Skrull left.

Her powers are superhuman strength, agility, speed, dexterity, stamina, and durability. She can fly and shoot "venom blasts" which are basically low to high voltage electric shocks. She's also immune to all poisons and harmful radiation. She also produces a pheromone that produces sexual desire in males and fear in females which she covers up with perfume. She a skilled fighter near or equal to the likes of Crossbones, Daredevil and Bullseye in armed and unarmed combat and has a preference for double action hand guns.

That's kind of a summary in a nutshell. It's also funny to me that her costume is actually a modified HYDRA super soldier uniform that she doesn't even like that much because she thinks it makes her ass look huge.

TheGame17
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Kinda complicated. I'm referring to the first and current one, Jessica Drew. Basically she's a Brit who's parents were members of HYDRA and due to a botched experiment, she developed powers from birth. She was recruited into HYDRA at a young age and personally trained by Taskmaster. She broke with them and was kinda jostled around between being a freelance crime fighter and HYDRA and SHIELD to the point where she's been used, abused, and manipulated her entire life almost to the level of Wolverine. Eventually she became a private investigator and had issues with her powers and acted as a mentor to the newest Spider-Woman (Mattie Franklin). Eventually she returned to New York after Mattie got herself into trouble, regained her powers and joined the Avengers while again dealing with SHIELD and HYDRA messing with her. She was then kidnapped and replaced by the Skrull Queen Veranke and after Secret Invasion is dealing with the trauma of her ordeal, that no one trusts her, and that she is now an Agent of SWORD tasked with policing aliens on Earth and killing every single Skrull left.

Her powers are superhuman strength, agility, speed, dexterity, stamina, and durability. She can fly and shoot "venom blasts" which are basically low to high voltage electric shocks. She's also immune to all poisons and harmful radiation. She also produces a pheromone that produces sexual desire in males and fear in females which she covers up with perfume. She a skilled fighter near or equal to the likes of Crossbones, Daredevil and Bullseye in armed and unarmed combat and has a preference for double action hand guns.

That's kind of a summary in a nutshell. It's also funny to me that her costume is actually a modified HYDRA super soldier uniform that she doesn't even like that much because she thinks it makes her ass look huge.

Oh I think her booty is perfect the way it is stick out tongue
Thanks.

jrodslam
I can understand most of your list, but why Namor?

Story is quite amazing imo. Although born into royalty, hes always been sort of an outcast. Never fully accepted by neither human or atlantean. trying to find his place among his people growing up, then finally when he got older developing a hate towards humans. Loving them and befriending quite a few while still yet young.

Betrayal from family, friends loved ones. Still having a duty to serve and protect his own although being cast out at a time or 2. The trials hes been through from little to now would make for a great novel and/or movie.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by jrodslam
Story is quite amazing imo. Although born into royalty, hes always been sort of an outcast. Never fully accepted by neither human or atlantean. trying to find his place among his people growing up, then finally when he got older developing a hate towards humans. Loving them and befriending quite a few while still yet young.

Betrayal from family, friends loved ones. Still having a duty to serve and protect his own although being cast out at a time or 2. The trials hes been through from little to now would make for a great novel and/or movie.

Well that, and he kept destroying New York City prior to WWII and is the oldest active Marvel Superhero unless they bring back the original Human Torch again or the original Ka-zar.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.