Superman vs Thanos (Pure Slugfest)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
No range or energy attacks.

Who wins?

quanchi112
Thanos beats him to death rather easily.

King Kandy
Thanos smashes him as easily as he did surfer.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos beats him to death rather easily.

Starscream M
thanos can't even fly though...how is this different from WWH vs Superman?

KuRuPT Thanosi
He can levitate and teleport that is how it's different

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Starscream M
thanos can't even fly though...how is this different from WWH vs Superman?

You made the thread and said PURE SLUGFEST

Lostedge
I really like Thanos, but no way in hell does he win a slugfest. In physical strength Thanos is not Hulk (Thanos mentions that he has avoided confrontation with Hulk, and that is a Thanos with cosmic powers). Yeah, he can manipulate energy, teleport, his shield can take blows from beyonder and Galactus, he has some of the most advanced tech and he can shoot beams from his arse. But without his cosmic powers he would lose: he is slow compared to superman and can not even fly ...

Wild Shadow
in a pure slugfest neither can superman ur basically grabbing both char and putting each other in a ring and telling them to fight till one gets pounded to putty somehow i see supes being putty long before thanos with just pure strength and fighting ability..

Lostedge
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
in a pure slugfest neither can superman ...

If Thanos is a fast as Superman or even half as fast. Then I give the victory to Thanos.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Parmaniac
You made the thread and said PURE SLUGFEST and? that just means there are no energy attacks...it doesn't mean a character can't fly, run or jump

Starscream M
in a pure slugfest neither can superman ur basically grabbing both char and putting each other in a ring and telling them to fight till one gets pounded to putty somehow i see supes being putty long before thanos with just pure strength and fighting ability.. nope, a slugfest just means characters are going melee...it doesn't mean they can't move around

guy222
thanos

DarkOdin
Originally posted by guy222
thanos

Hey Guy can you check out the ownage thread. If you have a scan of what we are talking about in it oculd you post it please.

KuRuPT Thanosi
He can still amp his punches, afterall he is still only punching and not firing blasts. Even if he can't.. he has the durability, strength and reflexes to deal with supes.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by King Kandy
Thanos smashes him as easily as he did surfer.

With energy attacks and amplified punches?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

as long as he is only punching amplified punches should be ok

KuRuPT Thanosi

So, why can't he amp his punches again? He is still only punching and his cosmic powers are very much apart of him just as supes and solar energy is him. So, you want to take away part of Thanos's being and yet keep Supes being the same. Granted he needs all the help he can get to beat Thanos. However, that would be like saying.. supes is devoid of taking in anymore solar energy and can just fight with what he has in a place of total darkness...

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
So, why can't he amp his punches again? He is still only punching and his cosmic powers are very much apart of him just as supes and solar energy is him. So, you want to take away part of Thanos's being and yet keep Supes being the same. Granted he needs all the help he can get to beat Thanos. However, that would be like saying.. supes is devoid of taking in anymore solar energy and can just fight with what he has in a place of total darkness... Exactly. People want to take away his very powers yet leave superman's reliance on solar energy intact. Anyway to take away from Thanos it seems.

Thanos has already proven himself to be a lot stronger than Professor Hulk and the Thing.

kevdude
Thanos should take the slugfest

xJLxKing
Thanos wins

nicamarvin
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Thanos wins thanos is a monster if fighting like a brick and there are very few bricks that can KO him

I will list them

1.SA Mangog
2.Amp Kurse
3.ant may(Destroyer Armor)
4.8th day Juggernaut(IF no BFR is allowed)
6.WWH(potentialy,but Thanos will not let him get angry in time.. wink )
7.Harald Jaekelsson
8.superman(.......just kidding... laughing )

SORRY for all the Supes Fanboys... smokin'

King Kandy
Originally posted by Lostedge
I really like Thanos, but no way in hell does he win a slugfest. In physical strength Thanos is not Hulk (Thanos mentions that he has avoided confrontation with Hulk, and that is a Thanos with cosmic powers). Yeah, he can manipulate energy, teleport, his shield can take blows from beyonder and Galactus, he has some of the most advanced tech and he can shoot beams from his arse. But without his cosmic powers he would lose: he is slow compared to superman and can not even fly ...
Oh god not this again, you know Thanos has overpowered Hulk and Drax at the same time before, physically...

redhotrash
Thanos couldnt lay a hand on, and was bloodied by Gamora, who isnt even close to Supes in terms of speed, strength, or durability.

Slaanesh
Thanos stomp..

redhotrash
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Thanos stomp..

Excellent reasoning.

Grinning Goku
Thanos

Slaanesh
Originally posted by redhotrash
Excellent reasoning.

everyone knows why thanos win..no need to give any reason..

redhotrash
Yeah why not, since he was schooled by a slower, weaker, less durable female. I mean no way would Supes, who moves faster than light and can destroy planets, would be able to take him. Not to mention Thanos with a frigging infinity gem was nearly killed by the weakest incarnation of Thor...

h1a8
I don't think Thanos is 1/1000000 as powerful as Superman. There is no way in hell he could win one here let alone last 1 min. He couldn't even touch Superman for one.

redhotrash
Thanos apparently has superspeed hes been holding out on showing us.

Mindset
Originally posted by h1a8
I don't think Thanos is 1/1000000 as powerful as Superman. There is no way in hell he could win one here let alone last 1 min. He couldn't even touch Superman for one. laughing out loud

nicamarvin
I don't think Thanos is 1/1000000 as powerful as Superman. you are wright FANBOY....he is 1000000/1 stronger than Supes... smokin'

Colossus-Big C
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/990103-untitled_super.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by nicamarvin
you are wright FANBOY....he is 1000000/1 stronger than Supes... smokin' times negative one.

nicamarvin
times positive one. FIXED.. smokin'

thanos-prime
nope, a slugfest just means characters are going melee...it doesn't mean they can't move around Actually a slugfest means the character's stand there and exchange blows until one falls.

D-Block
Thanos

Warlord
thanos

King Kandy
Yeah why not, since he was schooled by a slower, weaker, less durable female. I mean no way would Supes, who moves faster than light and can destroy planets, would be able to take him. Not to mention Thanos with a frigging infinity gem was nearly killed by the weakest incarnation of Thor...
Hey i've got an idea how about we use the worst showing in his entire history as an argument over his power.

BTW he was not "nearly killed", he just got hit a few times. He took on far stronger Thors and easily won even without gems.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Did I see someone trying to compare Supes with Gamora in terms of MA skill? It's not even close and Gamora is way more adept at h2h fighting than supes.

Oooo God in H1a8 starting again with his bs statistics? Some people never learn...

Lostedge
Oh god not this again, you know Thanos has overpowered Hulk and Drax at the same time before, physically...

Eh, he baitch slapped Hulk and Drax at the same time ... and you know that he was holding IG? Aunt May could beat Hulk with Infinity Gauntlet. I admit it that Superman has some really low showings when Thanos has only few (Squirrel Girl being one of them: clone or not).

Thanos is more into shooting energy blasts and standing there like a smug than in hand to hand combat.

jasofisc
thanos every non superman fanboy knows this

jasofisc
oh by the way pre-crisis supes couldn't lay a hand on karate kid and thanos is way more durible and faster then KK.

i'm just joking to shame those who brought up the gamora thing. fanboys make me want to hate superman but i try not to let them spoil it for me.

Lostedge
Originally posted by jasofisc
thanos every non superman fanboy knows this

Actually I am Thanos fan boy with around 150 comic issues where thanos is appering and I say that if Thanos has only his physical strength and no prep he loses, because he is not as fast as superman. If Thanos has his cosmic powers, tech and so on ... Superman loses.

jasofisc
Actually I am Thanos fan boy with around 150 comic issues where thanos is appering and I say that if Thanos has only his physical strength and no prep he loses, because he is not as fast as superman. If Thanos has his cosmic powers, tech and so on ... Superman loses.

he does have those he just can't use range attacks

Mshinu
This thread should be named "how many supes are needed to put Thanos down in a pure slugfest" As it is, this is spite.

KuRuPT Thanosi

In other words you feel Thanos is more durable and stronger than Thanos? What are you basing this on? By the way Squirrel Girl is NOT a low showing. She's undefeated and could beat skyfathers and up imo. To say nothing of the fact that it was a clone.

quanchi112
I really like Thanos, but no way in hell does he win a slugfest. In physical strength Thanos is not Hulk (Thanos mentions that he has avoided confrontation with Hulk, and that is a Thanos with cosmic powers). Yeah, he can manipulate energy, teleport, his shield can take blows from beyonder and Galactus, he has some of the most advanced tech and he can shoot beams from his arse. But without his cosmic powers he would lose: he is slow compared to superman and can not even fly ... Thanos has thrown down with the Hulk before. Why just seek out a confrontation with the Hulk? It serves him no purpose so to suggest he is afraid of the Hulk well that is being dishonest.

in a pure slugfest neither can superman ur basically grabbing both char and putting each other in a ring and telling them to fight till one gets pounded to putty somehow i see supes being putty long before thanos with just pure strength and fighting ability.. Yes, in a slugfest both men stand in front of each other and trade blows till the other one falls. Speed isn't an issue here. People don't seem to understand that.Originally posted by Starscream M
and? that just means there are no energy attacks...it doesn't mean a character can't fly, run or jump Yes, it does. They just pound on each other until one hits the ground.

Thanos couldnt lay a hand on, and was bloodied by Gamora, who isnt even close to Supes in terms of speed, strength, or durability. This is a slugfest. Thanos wasn't serious when he battled Gamora anyways. You are also arguing cbr type rules for Superman alone here.Originally posted by h1a8
I don't think Thanos is 1/1000000 as powerful as Superman. There is no way in hell he could win one here let alone last 1 min. He couldn't even touch Superman for one. This is why you will always be ignored and scoffed at. You never make any sense, never cite any comics as evidence, and go from one insane claim to the next.Originally posted by redhotrash
Yeah why not, since he was schooled by a slower, weaker, less durable female. I mean no way would Supes, who moves faster than light and can destroy planets, would be able to take him. Not to mention Thanos with a frigging infinity gem was nearly killed by the weakest incarnation of Thor... No, he wasn't. Thanos was playing with the heroes and was attacked from all directions after he depowered himself to give them an actual chance. Thanos just got knocked around a bit. Thanos had Gamora killed before in his weakest incarnation prior to the ig. Originally posted by thanos-prime
Actually a slugfest means the character's stand there and exchange blows until one falls. Exactly.Originally posted by King Kandy
Hey i've got an idea how about we use the worst showing in his entire history as an argument over his power.

BTW he was not "nearly killed", he just got hit a few times. He took on far stronger Thors and easily won even without gems. I know. Thanos took on power gem Thor and after taking a pounding smiled and only had a bloody nose. He is just mad that Thanos wins this thread.

Eh, he baitch slapped Hulk and Drax at the same time ... and you know that he was holding IG? Aunt May could beat Hulk with Infinity Gauntlet. I admit it that Superman has some really low showings when Thanos has only few (Squirrel Girl being one of them: clone or not).

Thanos is more into shooting energy blasts and standing there like a smug than in hand to hand combat. No, he wasn't. He did not have the ig when he did so. He later easily overpowered Prof. Hulk and the Thing.

Thanos beat the crap out of the Surfer mainly through punching and what not. He easily manhandled Champion with his hands. He also took on a more powerful doppleganger by getting up close and personal as well. Thanos gets down and dirty when the situation calls for it. He also decked Tyrant to the ground with his fists.

King Kandy

Thanos is more into shooting energy blasts and standing there like a smug than in hand to hand combat.
Fool, he was not holding the IG when he did that, in fact this was right after Warlock got it.

http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/2608/strength5dh3.jpg

Here he pwns a bunch of top tiers at once:

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/3678/strength7qj7.jpg

Here, in his weakest, least upgraded form, he oneshots Thing and Thor at the same time:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/587/fight61ol0.jpg
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6950/fight62ck0.jpg

quanchi112
Fool, he was not holding the IG when he did that, in fact this was right after Warlock got it.

http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/2608/strength5dh3.jpg

Here he pwns a bunch of top tiers at once:

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/3678/strength7qj7.jpg

Here, in his weakest, least upgraded form, he oneshots Thing and Thor at the same time:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/587/fight61ol0.jpg
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6950/fight62ck0.jpg I love that scan when he mocks their strength and easily overpowers them.

redhotrash
He was toying with Gamora? Odd since specifically Drax asks if they are being serious and is told yes. As for the Thor nearly killing him, Thanos was layed out. Thor would have smashed him in the back of the head and killed him. You present nothing that shows he can handle Superman's speed. Yes hes beaten Surfer before, but Surfer was Starlin'ed out and apparently forgot hes quick. On the forums characters do fight to the their abilities, and thanos doesnt move at light speed.

quanchi112
He was toying with Gamora? Odd since specifically Drax asks if they are being serious and is told yes. As for the Thor nearly killing him, Thanos was layed out. Thor would have smashed him in the back of the head and killed him. You present nothing that shows he can handle Superman's speed. Yes hes beaten Surfer before, but Surfer was Starlin'ed out and apparently forgot hes quick. On the forums characters do fight to the their abilities, and thanos doesnt move at light speed. He still wasn't going all out. He then faked serious injury. Thanos had her killed earlier in their history when she went against him.

Thor knocked him down. Thanos couldn't be killed by Thor with the ig anyways.

Thanos creates his shields and can negate any speedblitz thrown his way. He also stopped the Fallen One via tk or shield whichever you believe occurred in the scan.

Thanos crushes the Surfer. The comics have more than established this as common knowledge.

King Kandy
He was toying with Gamora? Odd since specifically Drax asks if they are being serious and is told yes. As for the Thor nearly killing him, Thanos was layed out. Thor would have smashed him in the back of the head and killed him. You present nothing that shows he can handle Superman's speed. Yes hes beaten Surfer before, but Surfer was Starlin'ed out and apparently forgot hes quick. On the forums characters do fight to the their abilities, and thanos doesnt move at light speed.
He has taken much worse blows from Thor. Even though you think it could have killed him, he has taken harder hits from a power gem Thor without any gem of his own. So how you came to the conclusion that Thor was going to kill him just baffles me.

Pre-upgrade, he one-shotted Gamora.

h1a8
Did I see someone trying to compare Supes with Gamora in terms of MA skill? It's not even close and Gamora is way more adept at h2h fighting than supes.

Oooo God in H1a8 starting again with his bs statistics? Some people never learn...

Evidently he's not that good in h2h since he's been tagged countless times by lesser than Namora skilled people. I don't care how good Thanos is because Thanos would be a statue to Superman and Superman would combo him to ko. I don't even believe Thanos is strong enough to phase Superman at his best. It would be as Thing hitting Sentry with no effect.

quanchi112
Evidently he's not that good in h2h since he's been tagged countless times by lesser than Namora skilled people. I don't care how good Thanos is because Thanos would be a statue to Superman and Superman would combo him to ko. I don't even believe Thanos is strong enough to phase Superman at his best. It would be as Thing hitting Sentry with no effect. This isn't cbr. They fight in character here and a slugfest is when both characters stand there until one falls. Speed isn't an issue.

Thanos is well above Superman and you thinking he can't phase him is further proof you have no idea about another character.

h1a8
This isn't cbr. They fight in character here and a slugfest is when both characters stand there until one falls. Speed isn't an issue.

Thanos is well above Superman and you thinking he can't phase him is further proof you have no idea about another character.

No its proof that I think Superman and other D.C. characters are far far beyond many Marvel characters in strength and speed. Speed, Strength, and Durability are the only issues here (maybe skill).

Assuming Superman has the same blunt force durability as Thanos (not energy durability) then Superman would stomp Thanos since his blows would be far more powerful and he will hit Thanos far more times.

thanos-prime
No its proof that I think Superman and other D.C. characters are far far beyond many Marvel characters in strength and speed. Speed, Strength, and Durability are the only issues here (maybe skill).

Assuming Superman has the same blunt force durability as Thanos (not energy durability) then Superman would stomp Thanos since his blows would be far more powerful and he will hit Thanos far more times. how are his blows more powerful?Speed is not an issue unless he were dodging or had the strength to put him down before he get's hit.You can assume they have the same blunt force durability but they don't thanos is more durable.

quanchi112

Assuming Superman has the same blunt force durability as Thanos (not energy durability) then Superman would stomp Thanos since his blows would be far more powerful and he will hit Thanos far more times. Based on what? You are just saying they are stronger. Prove they are.

If anything marvel characters seem more powerful than dc top tiers.

Based on what? Give me something here. You just go from one random unsupported statement to the next.

Naija boy
Based on what? You are just saying they are stronger. Prove they are.

Based on what? Give me something here. You just go from one random unsupported statement to the next.

He admittedly hasnt read many comics and ignores the few he has read most of the time.

Supermex
most like Supes get one shoted.....

h1a8
Originally posted by thanos-prime
how are his blows more powerful?Speed is not an issue unless he were dodging or had the strength to put him down before he get's hit.You can assume they have the same blunt force durability but they don't thanos is more durable.

Thanos is less durable, very less durable.

h1a8
Based on what? You are just saying they are stronger. Prove they are.

D.C. characters are like trillions to quadrillions to bazillions of tons. And marvels characters are like 100 to 1000 to 100000 tons. Big big difference.

h1a8
Originally posted by Supermex
most like Supes get one shoted.....

Thanos couldn't even harm Supes at all. His strength is more like in the thousands of tons where Supes is in the sextillions of tons. Supes could give Thanos an hour of free hits and not a scratch. That is how weak Thanos is to Superman. Supes could definitely could one shot him if he wasn't holding back.

-Pr-
D.C. characters are like trillions to quadrillions to bazillions of tons. And marvels characters are like 100 to 1000 to 100000 tons. Big big difference.

that's a pretty sweeping statement given some of the high feats marvel guys have pulled off like thor or gladiator. feats that are well above 100,000 tons.

Mshinu
http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/dcdirectdick32.jpg

gogogadgetgo
Superman

Deadline

Talking out of your arse.....again.

Philosophía
Superman.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Mshinu
http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/dcdirectdick32.jpg laughing they should redo that one but use Batman instead of Thanos it would be a classic like the old Adam West series

zeel

sick

jasofisc
This isn't cbr. They fight in character here and a slugfest is when both characters stand there until one falls. Speed isn't an issue.

you forgot one important conclustion based on his post and that is, he is a huge huge superman fanboy

jasofisc

oh kill me please their is no way your really this dence. several several marvel characters have shown them selves to be trillions of tons characters (not sure if the other two are really numbers) are you basing your stuff on handbook? sounds like you are

jasofisc
Thanos couldn't even harm Supes at all. His strength is more like in the thousands of tons where Supes is in the sextillions of tons. Supes could give Thanos an hour of free hits and not a scratch. That is how weak Thanos is to Superman. Supes could definitely could one shot him if he wasn't holding back.

love how you don't give any comic book support they should make a movie and you could be the star the name of the movie would be "confessions of a Superman fanboy"

quanchi112

h1a8
Originally posted by -Pr-
that's a pretty sweeping statement given some of the high feats marvel guys have pulled off like thor or gladiator. feats that are well above 100,000 tons.

Glads yes, Thor no. What feats have Thor above 100,000 tons?

-Pr-

midgard serpent?

h1a8
Based on what? Based on him being cut by bone claws by Wolverine. I don't care if it is a non canon example. It shows me what the writer's think of his durability. Logan's claws would have broke when hitting Superman (canon or not). I will forever see Thanos as just a super stiff pillow with about thousands of tons of strength.
WW is a bazillion ton being. Her strength and durability is comparable to his not Thanos's. And not only is Thanos not stronger than Superman he is a lot weaker. What makes you think Thanos is even stronger than Thor let alone Superman?

Thor with PG is still a lot weaker than Supes.
There is no evidence to how much the PG quantifiably amped him. Hell from some of Thor's hits (knocking Thanos around) it seems he was hitting at his usual strength. Meaning the PG was just for decoration.

h1a8
Originally posted by -Pr-
midgard serpent?

That feat is garbage to me. Most of the serpent was in 'ethereal' form and the boat was help pulling. It was only 'magically' crushing the Earth and not physically.

His most impressive feat is when he couldn't manage to lift the Midgard Serpent. He could only manage to get 1 paw of the cat off the ground. I approximate that this as a fraction of the weight of the serpent. The feat far exceeds 100,000 tons (it's somewhere into the millions of tons) but not the billions though. Using this feat then Thor's strength is in the millions of tons range. My mistake. Man he is strong.

tkitna
I would enjoy seeing the beating that Superman would recieve during this encounter.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That feat is garbage to me. Most of the serpent was in 'ethereal' form and the boat was help pulling. It was only 'magically' crushing the Earth and not physically.

His most impressive feat is when he couldn't manage to lift the Midgard Serpent. He could only manage to get 1 paw of the cat off the ground. I approximate that this as a fraction of the weight of the serpent. The feat far exceeds 100,000 tons (it's somewhere into the millions of tons) but not the billions though. Using this feat then Thor's strength is in the millions of tons range. My mistake. Man he is strong.

The serpent was physical. What don't you get? Read the damn comic. Loki and his soldiers use the serpent as a bridge to cross the Earth, as it's tail was tied to Asgard. If it was ethereal how the hell does that work?

You got that information from a handbook did you not? Screw handbooks. They mean shit if they don't match up with the comic.

The cat was an illusion. Here we see him lifting the serpent.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_Thoraccomplisheschallenges.jpg

Thor's also easily supported and shrugged of the weight of half the planet. The planet is about 6.6 sextillion tons.

I'm enjoying my comics, log in, and find this crap. As usual.

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The serpent was physical. What don't you get? Read the damn comic. Loki and his soldiers use the serpent as a bridge to cross the Earth, as it's tail was tied to Asgard. If it was ethereal how the hell does that work? The Serpent can materialize and dematerialize at will and choose which section that materializes and which section that doesn't. By the OHOTMU only the A section materialized. Also one can magically walk on the Serpent (like a force field). Force fields weigh nothing. Not only is the Serpent visible on Earth but it is intangible, otherwise everyone would keep bumping into the damn thing. "What the hell was that?" But that doesn't destroy the other point. The boat helping in the pull.

Actually Thor only managed to get 1 paw off the ground which represents a fraction of the Serpent's weight. From the other scan Thor is only seen lifting 1 section of the Serpent, not the whole thing. This is understood since he didn't manage to lift the cat completely from the ground. After calculating I find that Thor can indeed lift millions of tons and not thousands as I previous thought. This feat of lifting 1 paw off the ground proves it.

Thor never supported nor shrugged of the weight of half a planet. Where do you get this from?

King Kandy
The boat did not help in pulling. If he didn't have the strength to lift it, it would have just pulled him off the boat instead of the other way around.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The Serpent can materialize and dematerialize at will and choose which section that materializes and which section that doesn't. By the OHOTMU only the A section materialized. Also one can magically walk on the Serpent (like a force field). Force fields weigh nothing. Not only is the Serpent visible on Earth but it is intangible, otherwise everyone would keep bumping into the damn thing. "What the hell was that?" But that doesn't destroy the other point. The boat helping in the pull.

Again I don't care what the hell the handbook said. In the issue the serpent was clearly physical.

Where did it say, they were magically walking on a Force Field? Pure speculation. Loki clearly used it as a bridge. And why on earth would it be choose to not materialize when it's wrestling against Thor to stop him from destroying the Earth.

And do you even listen to yourself? If it was not materialized then how the hell was it crushing the entire planet in it's grip? It clearly says on panel, that it's crushing the planet Earth in it's grip. If it was not materialized then how is this happening? Your argument doesn't even make sense to me.

And at the same time when Thor was trying to pull him off Earth his tail was tied to Asgard, further backing up the fact that he was materialized. To say otherwise is just stupid.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_MidgardSerpent.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_MidgardSerpent1.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_MidgardSerpent2.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_MidgardSerpent3.jpg

Like I've said before, that boat did nothing but provide leverage for Thor. Ground to stand on. It clearly said that it was Thor's strength that made the Serpent shatter it's grip. Stop trying to twist shit.

Actually Thor only managed to get 1 paw off the ground which represents a fraction of the Serpent's weight. From the other scan Thor is only seen lifting 1 section of the Serpent, not the whole thing. This is understood since he didn't manage to lift the cat completely from the ground. After calculating I find that Thor can indeed lift millions of tons and not thousands as I previous thought. This feat of lifting 1 paw off the ground proves it.

We see Thor lifting one paw, but then when the illusion is broken, it's shown him lifting the serpent. Albeit he said he only lifted it slightly but he still said he lifted it. Lifting something a bit is different than lifting a portion of something.

Thor never supported nor shrugged of the weight of half a planet. Where do you get this from?

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/th_ThorvsGrowingMan3.jpghttp://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/th_ThorvsGrowingMan4.jpghttp://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/th_ThorvsGrowingMan5.jpg

the Darkone
Thanos will murder Superman, Thanos has more durability than Superman, IMO.

zeel

Here we go again lets bring up superman LIFTING feats. supes has more lifting feats then like anyone.

it means shit.

Supes puts up a fight for a short time till thanos gets serious and supes falls, this is takeing nothing away from supermans character. thanos is just on another level then supes.

h1a8
The boat did not help in pulling. If he didn't have the strength to lift it, it would have just pulled him off the boat instead of the other way around.

Imagine you were pulling a 300lb weight with a rope and couldn't manage to pull it. Now if I grab your waist and pulled with you then you would now certainly succeed. Better yet, get in a moving truck and then see how easily you would succeed.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Again I don't care what the hell the handbook said. In the issue the serpent was clearly physical. It only looked physical but wasn't. The panel said it was in ethereal form.
It is inferred that they were using some sort of magic to walk on the Serpent since the Serpent was in ethereal form. The Serpent was 'magically' crushing the Earth not 'physically' as stated. It is written and explained that the Serpent can materialize whenever it chooses. You a Thor fan don't know this? If the Serpent can never dematerialize then it would kill nearly everyone on Earth by suffocating nearly entire continents. Everyone else would keep bumping into it right and left. I don't recall Spider-man or Aunt May ever bumping into an invisible Serpent, do you? Yes his tail was tied but not materially. The Serpent was in ethereal form and intangible. Only through magic could it be causated with. I don't care what it says, without the boat moving back Thor could never pull an astronomically long Serpent off the Earth with only 3ft arms. It's grip could have been only 10,000 tons of magical force who knows. All I know is what the panel says and what the handbook backs up. Are you kidding me? Thor only lifted a section, nothing more. The rest of the Serpent lay flat on the Earth. Can you lift a super long rope completely off the ground if it lays straight and flat and you lift from the middle only? Hell no!Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/th_ThorvsGrowingMan3.jpghttp://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/th_ThorvsGrowingMan4.jpghttp://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/th_ThorvsGrowingMan5.jpg

I don't believe in Kang's words. Marvel in those days were full of hyperbole. But at least we see Thor can't manage to overpower the weight of half a planet, lol.

h1a8
Originally posted by zeel
Here we go again lets bring up superman LIFTING feats. supes has more lifting feats then like anyone.

it means shit.

Supes puts up a fight for a short time till thanos gets serious and supes falls, this is takeing nothing away from supermans character. thanos is just on another level then supes.

Alright. What makes you think Thanos is stronger than Superman? What feats Thanos has done to make you think that he can duplicate Supes best strength feats?

Deadline

It only looked physical but wasn't. The panel said it was in ethereal form.

The Serpent was 'magically' crushing the Earth not 'physically' as stated. It is written and explained that the Serpent can materialize whenever it chooses. You a Thor fan don't know this? If the Serpent can never dematerialize then it would kill nearly everyone on Earth by suffocating nearly entire continents. Everyone else would keep bumping into it right and left. I don't recall Spider-man or Aunt May ever bumping into an invisible Serpent, do you? Yes his tail was tied but not materially. The Serpent was in ethereal form and intangible. Only through magic could it be causated with. I don't care what it says, without the boat moving back Thor could never pull an astronomically long Serpent off the Earth with only 3ft arms. It's grip could have been only 10,000 tons of magical force who knows. All I know is what the panel says and what the handbook backs up. Are you kidding me? Thor only lifted a section, nothing more. The rest of the Serpent lay flat on the Earth. Can you lift a super long rope completely off the ground if it lays straight and flat and you lift from the middle only? Hell no!

laughing laughing laughing

Mshinu

Is not!

http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/dcdirectdick27.jpg
http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/dcdirectdick28.jpg

ColossusGrundy
Some ppl here are DUMB.

Thanos would get RAPED in a slugfest.

Supes has Superspeed, which means he could hit like 10 punches to one of Thanos' at MINIMUM>

SUPES HAS LIFTED MANHATTAN.....NOT a building...the WHOLE dang island.

Thanos could NOT do that. You ppl overrate Thanos. Without the infinity gauntlet, he's just not THAT uber. Supes in a H2H 10/10.

Mshinu
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy

Thanos could NOT do that. You ppl overrate Thanos. Without the infinity gauntlet, he's just not THAT uber.

Thanos` Balls >>> Manhattan

Indeed you are stick out tongue

Nihilist
Some ppl here are DUMB.

Supes has Superspeed, which means he could hit like 10 punches to one of Thanos' at MINIMUM>

Thanos could NOT do that. You ppl overrate Thanos. Without the infinity gauntlet, he's just not THAT uber. Supes in a H2H 10/10. lulz

Naija boy

It only looked physical but wasn't. The panel said it was in ethereal form.

Ethereal has more than one meaning. And from the clear indication of physicality being shown in the comics (walking across the serpent) its quite clear that the ethereal being used in that text is referring to something heavenly and otherworldly. Not something insubstantial. Ur inference that they must have been walking across it magically is born out of retardation and recalcitrance. If they didnt need anything to solid to walk on in the first place (since by ur idiotic assumption, the serpent wis intangible), then why the hell would they need to use the serpent as a bridge? They would have just floated all the way to earth as there is no difference between that and walking on an intangible serpent.

quanchi112
Based on him being cut by bone claws by Wolverine. I don't care if it is a non canon example. It shows me what the writer's think of his durability. Logan's claws would have broke when hitting Superman (canon or not). I will forever see Thanos as just a super stiff pillow with about thousands of tons of strength.
WW is a bazillion ton being. Her strength and durability is comparable to his not Thanos's. And not only is Thanos not stronger than Superman he is a lot weaker. What makes you think Thanos is even stronger than Thor let alone Superman?

Thor with PG is still a lot weaker than Supes.
There is no evidence to how much the PG quantifiably amped him. Hell from some of Thor's hits (knocking Thanos around) it seems he was hitting at his usual strength. Meaning the PG was just for decoration. If you don't care if it's noncanon or not there is no point debating with you at all. This is why you are random statement to the next random statement guy on here. You need to be consistent and at least pretend to follow the rules.

How would something unbreakable break on superman? Do you even know how strong/durable adamanatium is?

What? Thanos was holding his own strength wise against Thor who was increasing his strength each second and above top tier. Thor has matched up well against the Hulk before who has all the strength feats out there. WW wasn't killed. That's the point. Who has injured Thanos more so than this at Superman's level of strength?

Just for decoration? Hahahahaha. You clearly like usual didn't read the story and are just being a troll.

quanchi112
Some ppl here are DUMB.

Thanos could NOT do that. You ppl overrate Thanos. Without the infinity gauntlet, he's just not THAT uber. Supes in a H2H 10/10. Slugfest means they stand there and trade blows.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Even if supes uses speed thanos has shown to have very very quick reflexes and would still be able to deal with the situation. He's more durable than superman as he doesn't have the low showings supes does.

The best part is when H1a8 goes well.. I've caclulated that Thor was lifting.... He's calculated the exact amount of weight thor was lifting LOL.

Raptor22
thanos ftw. he's stronger, more durable, smarter, and has the reflexes to keep up with supes. If supes can fly in this match can thanos teleport?

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Raptor22
thanos ( ) more durable your kidding right? confused

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
your kidding right? confused

Why would he be kidding? I assume then you feel supes durability is superior. What are you basing this on?

SoulDevourer
Why would he be kidding? I assume then you feel super is superior. What are you basing this on? I dunno about superior

he said Thanos more durable, thats the lol part

KuRuPT Thanosi
I dunno about superior

he said Thanos more durable, thats the lol part

Yes and that is what I was asking. What makes you feel like Supes is more durable than Thanos? Why is that so funny? I happen to agree with that as well.

SoulDevourer
Yes and that is what I was asking. What makes you feel like Supes is more durable than Thanos? Why is that so funny? I happen to agree with that as well. confused

ok heres why

Id like to see how Thanos gonna fare against this

or this

or this

lol

oh guess what : Supe dont even feel these things big grin

KuRuPT Thanosi
confused

ok heres why

Id like to see how Thanos gonna fare against this

or this

or this

lol

oh guess what : Supe dont even feel these things big grin

This is a joke right? You think those things would kill Thanos? Certainly you jest

SoulDevourer
This is a joke right? You think those things would kill Thanos? Certainly you jest where do i say "kill"? roll eyes (sarcastic)

i thought were talkin about DURABLITY
these things can HURT him & pirce/cut thru his skin like sissors thru paper (but they wont do shit to Supe)

KuRuPT Thanosi
where do i say "kill"? roll eyes (sarcastic)

i thought were talkin about DURABLITY
these things can HURT him & pirce/cut thru his skin like sissors thru paper (but they wont do shit to Supe)

I'm curious what makes you think they will go through him like paper when stronger forces never have?

SoulDevourer
I'm curious what makes you think they will go through him like paper when stronger forces never have? *stronger* forces? like wut?

(btw dint Drax cut thru Thanos with a sword or somethin?)

KuRuPT Thanosi
*stronger* forces? like wut?

(btw dint Drax cut thru Thanos with a sword or somethin?)

Now your going to bring up Drax... who is kryptonite to Thanos. That is like saying.. Ooo look supes can't even stand up to a little rock. That example is not really relevant. Yes stronger forces such as a multiple blasts from a pissed off Odin, Surfer, Tyrant, Galactus, Champion, Thor w.PG etc etc. Unless of course, you feel a bullet from a gun is stronger than those forces. Need I remind you of superman low durability showings.. I.E. Gas stations and one shots from people?

SoulDevourer
Yes stronger forces such as a multiple blasts from a pissed off Odin, Surfer, Tyrant, Galactus, Champion, Thor w.PG etc etc. no expression thats just ENERGY attacks

like coal is super heat resistant but any1 can cut it or just crush it with bear hands

Thanos aint got no durablity feats against slashin/pircing attacks

KuRuPT Thanosi
no expression thats just ENERGY attacks

like coal is super heat resistant but any1 can cut it or just crush it with bear hands

Thanos aint got no durablity feats against slashin/pircing attacks

So, you feel a shot from a gun is a stronger attack than other things Thanos has survived from with no issue?

When has Thanos been KO'd by a gas station explosion or a plant explosion or KO'd from one punch? So, I'm guess supes has no durability for these things?

SoulDevourer
So, you feel a shot from a gun is a stronger attack than other things Thanos has survived from with no issue?

When has Thanos been KO'd by a gas station explosion or a plant explosion or KO'd from one punch? So, I'm guess supes has no durability for these things? supe also tank a nuke with no prob & survive inside core of the sun without a sweat. we keep best feats for vs topics dont we? ^^

as 4 stronger attacks...imagine u get to choose : become fire-resistent, or become bullet-proof, which one r u gonna choose? u tell me...cuz i dam well know which of the 2 me & most ppl gonna pick cool

iceman24567
Superman is obviously 100 times more durable no expression

Kris Blaze
supe also tank a nuke with no prob & survive inside core of the sun without a sweat. we keep best feats for vs topics dont we? ^^

So has Thor, but we know who's more durable between him and Thanos.

carver9
Supes 6/10

carver9
In this scenerio

SoulDevourer
So has Thor, but we know who's more durable between him and Thanos. who? sad

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
Supes 6/10 ohno

What's your game voting for Supes? uhuh

stick out tongue

King Kandy
Imagine you were pulling a 300lb weight with a rope and couldn't manage to pull it. Now if I grab your waist and pulled with you then you would now certainly succeed. Better yet, get in a moving truck and then see how easily you would succeed.
But the thing is, in the first case you're holding me steady and in the second i'm actually stuck in the truck. Thor was just standing on the boat and if I didn't have the strength, and nothing was keeping me in the truck, the weight would whip me right out of the truck (or right out of my hands) when I started driving.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Badabing
ohno

What's your game voting for Supes? uhuh

stick out tongue i want to know also

carver9
I cant see thanos beating thor or supes in a brawl. Its his powers that gives him the advantage over them, without that he will have a fight on his hand that he'll possibly lose more than not and whos best to take him out than supes

quanchi112
Alright. What makes you think Thanos is stronger than Superman? What feats Thanos has done to make you think that he can duplicate Supes best strength feats? Feats don't decide anything. Why won't you realize this? It's how these characters stack up against each other. Thanos>>Thor
Thanos>>Hulk

Both of these guys are insanely strong yet compared to Thanos they are nothing.Originally posted by SoulDevourer
your kidding right? confused Why would he be kidding?

no expression thats just ENERGY attacks

Thanos aint got no durablity feats against slashin/pircing attacks Even if this were the case what's it have to do with this thread? Supes doesn't have a sword so what's your point?

I cant see thanos beating thor or supes in a brawl. Its his powers that gives him the advantage over them, without that he will have a fight on his hand that he'll possibly lose more than not and whos best to take him out than supes No, it isn't. He is insanely strong on his own and he easily manhandled/overpowered Hulk and the Thing simultaneously.

He matched Thor with the power gem and didn't break a sweat.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I cant see thanos beating thor or supes in a brawl. Its his powers that gives him the advantage over them, without that he will have a fight on his hand that he'll possibly lose more than not and whos best to take him out than supes

Huh?

So, you feel supes is stronger than Thanos? You feel he's more durable than Thanos? A better h2h combatant than Thanos? I obviously disagree, but I'm curious if this is how you feel. Unless of course, your going with the Thanos won't hit supes theory. However, I will point out his reflexes have been on display before and I doubt this would be significant issue.

Kris Blaze
who? sad

Guess.

carver9
Huh?

So, you feel supes is stronger than Thanos? You feel he's more durable than Thanos? A better h2h combatant than Thanos? I obviously disagree, but I'm curious if this is how you feel. Unless of course, your going with the Thanos won't hit supes theory. However, I will point out his reflexes have been on display before and I doubt this would be significant issue.

I dont think supes is stronger at all and I dont think of him as being more durable, I also think that thanos should be able to tag supes without to much trouble. The only reason I give Supes the edge over than is because he is just better suited for this fight, he will find a way to win, to beat thanos and supes does have a small edge in speed so he should be able to land more licks.

Thanos with his powers win this in a stomp.

Without his powers Superman would give him major trouble and possibly pull a majority. Going fist cuff with supes without using any other abilities is kind of dangerous, even for thanos.

quanchi112
I dont think supes is stronger at all and I dont think of him as being more durable, I also think that thanos should be able to tag supes without to much trouble. The only reason I give Supes the edge over than is because he is just better suited for this fight, he will find a way to win, to beat thanos and supes does have a small edge in speed so he should be able to land more licks.

Without his powers Superman would give him major trouble and possibly pull a majority. Going fist cuff with supes without using any other abilities is kind of dangerous, even for thanos. What do you mean without his powers? Are you taking away Superman's solar energy as well? Thanos ha dno glowing fists when he mocked the Hulk and the Thing's strength doing his own three stooges impersonation.

carver9
What do you mean without his powers? Are you taking away Superman's solar energy as well? Thanos ha dno glowing fists when he mocked the Hulk and the Thing's strength doing his own three stooges impersonation.

This is a brawl right? A brawl is just punching without any use of energy attack which includes charged fist.

Without any amping or use of energy powers Thanos is losing this.

quanchi112
This is a brawl right? A brawl is just punching without any use of energy attack which includes charged fist.

Without any amping or use of energy powers Thanos is losing this. He easily overpowered the Hulk and the Thing without charging or amping himself. Could Superman?

Starscream M
He easily overpowered the Hulk and the Thing without charging or amping himself. Could Superman? superman could overpower the hulk that thanos beat. thing is useless.

carver9
He easily overpowered the Hulk and the Thing without charging or amping himself. Could Superman?

That was professor hulk. You do know that Drax the Destroyer overpowered that hulk also?

carver9
superman could overpower the hulk that thanos beat. thing is useless.

Naah, I dont think thing is useless

King Kandy
That was professor hulk. You do know that Drax the Destroyer overpowered that hulk also?
Drax had the Power Gem when that happened, so that's not a bad showing for Hulk at all.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Without his powers Superman would give him major trouble and possibly pull a majority. Going fist cuff with supes without using any other abilities is kind of dangerous, even for thanos.

Of course, this is supes best chance to beat Thanos in a straight up fight. I agree with that. I could see maybe one victory or two. However, a majority no way no how. Yes professor hulk isn't as strong, but lets remember he does have pretty good feats up strength and vs. battles. He's no weakling. Thing is well a little less but does have some strength and decent vs. showings. The point is he made them both, at the same time, look inferior. Just like when he slaps away powerhouses like Drax, Thor, Hulk and Thing to name a few. It shows his clear superiority in basically every area including h2h reflexes, stricking power and strength. I think supes is just simply overmatched.

psycho gundam
Drax had the Power Gem when that happened, so that's not a bad showing for Hulk at all. hulk only started to get mad at the end of the fight, then he got cheapshotted by mind gem moondragon.
thanos had this hulk in one hand and thing in the other like they were children.

this is the second time where he's made fools of top tier strong men while they had the thing for backup, last time thor did a little bit better...but thanos was pre-death amp though.

thanos' casual, walking around strength is too high for high heralds to fight him fairly.

h1a8
Originally posted by Naija boy
Ethereal has more than one meaning. And from the clear indication of physicality being shown in the comics (walking across the serpent) its quite clear that the ethereal being used in that text is referring to something heavenly and otherworldly. Not something insubstantial. Ur inference that they must have been walking across it magically is born out of retardation and recalcitrance. If they didnt need anything to solid to walk on in the first place (since by ur idiotic assumption, the serpent wis intangible), then why the hell would they need to use the serpent as a bridge? They would have just floated all the way to earth as there is no difference between that and walking on an intangible serpent. So do you think a mere human with a spacesuit on could just travel to Asgard by simply walking or driving a vehicle on the Serpent? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Why haven't any one ever bumped into it in comics? Judging how big it looked in the picture no one could be able to drive from New York to California without bumping into it. The handbook points out that the Serpent was intangible except for its A section (whatever that is). I believe that's the head though.

h1a8
If you don't care if it's noncanon or not there is no point debating with you at all. This is why you are random statement to the next random statement guy on here. You need to be consistent and at least pretend to follow the rules. I use non canon evidence only if it shows the true opinions of the writers. It is not against the rules to believe in non canon evidence since it is my opinion. Others do not have to accept it since it is the rules and they are protected by it when they don't won't their character to lose. As long as I'm convinced is all that matters.
Adamantium is not unbreakable, never has been and never will be.
Captain America's shield which is stronger than adamantium has been broken and dented several times proving your statement false.
And they were energy beams and not adamantium itself that Superman resisted. The beams were designed to cut through adamantium.

Hulk has good strength feats. But what destroys any good showings against him is the fact that his strength is variable. Some times Hulk was far stronger when less mad than other times when he was seriously pissed. This is either inconsistent writing or that Hulk's strength is random and unpredictable. So holding your own against Hulk can not tell us how much strength it took to do so, unless Hulk performed a quantifiable feat right before the engagement.
I have the comics man (the genuine paper versions too). You should know that. Thor's hits looked the same as his usual self, nothing special. The comic didn't even mention that Thor's strength was amplified super greatly. And since these characters don't exist then the only way to know how much it amped his strength is in the opinion of the writer. Till then the comic only showed the gem on his forehead as decoration I tell you. laughing

guy222
Still open.....

Badabing
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t410605.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.