Choosing one of these powerhouses for you team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
If you were creating a team and you had to have one major power house for your team, which person would you choose for this team?

Thor
Superman
Silver Surfer

Out of these 3 who would be the primary power house, your team leader?

redhotrash
Superman. He might not be as versatile or powerful as the others (which in itself is debatable) but he has plenty of leadership experience, is a bit more inspiring, and probably has less baggage than the rest. Not to mention the Fortress of Solitude would make a nice base.

Placidity
Silver Surfer - probably the most powerful without PIS. Aside from his usual ownage, cosmic awareness would be invaluable to the team.

redhotrash
Surfer is too much of a gullable pacifist. You are thinking pure power levels, not leadership for a team. Surfer has traditionally always either been a loner or a follower.

Slaanesh
Surfer..no contest..he's the most powerful and versatile without any known weaknesses..

carver9
Well I said primary power house which would mean the person to carry the weight of the team in a fight.

redhotrash
Just a lot of inside the box thinking. Sentry was picked based purely on power, yet Bullseye contributes more to the team than he does. Still it should be expected on here...

Slaanesh
what are u talking about man..are u comparing this three to Sentry??Sentry is crazy..that's why he didn't contribute much..Surfer on the other hand..is a genius and like i said..the most powerful and versatile..he can do virtually anything..

redhotrash
Yes hes consistantly being clowned by people way under him who exploit his personality. Dr. Doom has had Surfer served up a bunch of times for example.

-Pr-
Superman. Best man for the job imo.

Philosophía
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman. Best man for the job imo.

thanos-prime
Thor

The Nuul
This depends on whos on my team already, some powers and personalities compliment or clash better than others.

rotiart
Surfer has rarely lead.... Ie. Adam warlock or thanos or ff4 etc tell him what to do.... One if the few times he's lead is against tyrant when leading the othe heralds...

Superman and Thor are both huge morale boosters when on the floor. Both have charisma....

However it's superman that everyone... Including green lanterns look to save them and lead them...

Powerset wise I'd say surfer But base on the op I gotta go superman.

Lord Feron
Supes would be a good leader... and the normal people are total gay for him. Would be a great morale booster, along with his amazing PIS whenever there is something no one else can possibly do, for some reason the writers make him able to do it.

Then again... Surfer came knocking on your door I would shit my pants just a bit faster. But just power level wise i mean SS can just do so much more. I would def choose SS as my powerhouse but Supes as a figurehead.

dmills
If I were building a team that's in need of a powerhouse I personally would choose Nova. He was the leader of the resistance in Annihilation. He even led beings that were more powerful then him.

But for the sake of the thread I'd probably pick Supes. The other 2 are more powerful/versatile but Thor comes across as a bit of a tool and the non-Galactus influenced Surfer is too much of an ideologue.

WickedDynamite
I really don't see the leadership skills here with SS and Thor.

No contest Superman is my boss for the team.

Kris Blaze
Surfer based on all aroundness.

Thor based on power.

Superman based on leadership.

dmills
If I just needed a powerhouse I'd take Thor. If we needed a leader I'd take Supes, though I must say that I don't think that Supes is a leader as much as he's an Independent minded individual that works well in a group setting. I don't really see him as a leader of men in a Cap or Nova sense.

james2099
I would want a leader whos power and stamina can stand the test of time... The one with the warriors spirit and a weapon of great power and ability... Thor would be my pick.

Bouboumaster
If I have to create my team and I have a major player into it, it would be Thor.

I wouldn't choose him Sups, because he's the least versatile of the trio.
I wouldn't choose Surfer, because he's like Doc Manhattan, too rational, the head in the stars.

Thor understand humanity, is noble, and most importantly, is more bad ass that the other 2. He would fit well in my team.

King Kandy
Thor he has more raw power and brains than the others and is very versatile as well. Wouldn't choose surfer because of his personality, and wouldn't choose Supes because I don't think he's got as much power or versatility in him.

psycho gundam
surfer

among his vast plethora of abilities, he can create tech for my teammates with a though, regardless of how weak/strong they are , or just...evolve them to a higher level no expression .

Kris Blaze
Surfer can heal people.

That ability is almost invaluable.

shokosugi
Superman - leader and most powerful of the team (physically and mentally)

Thor - mentally unstable (don't let this guy lead)
Silver Surfer - more of a follower (not a leader)

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by shokosugi
Superman - leader and most powerful of the team (physically and mentally)

Thor - mentally unstable (don't let this guy lead)
Silver Surfer - more of a follower (not a leader)

How is Thor mentally unstable?

psycho gundam
don't expect an answer, that kid is only programed to praise superman.

Denny Crane
Am I in marvel or in DC?

If in DC then I'd pick superman, cause lets face it, TPTB just can't let him lose.

If in Marvel, while I would still pick Supes, you just know that the corrupting influence of the semi-real world would lead him towards alcoholism and eventually spousal abuse (and it being superman just one "respect" backhanded slap means instant death).

Surfer commits genocide for a living and thor is just way too gay for me to even consider. Aryan gods? really?

Starscream M
For this scenario, I think it's hands down Superman.

Silver Surfer is too remote, has not shown great leadership potential, and just lacks the mental aspects.

Thor is likewise not as smart as superman and would not be good as the leader.

psycho gundam
can superman raise the dead?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Starscream M
For this scenario, I think it's hands down Superman.

Silver Surfer is too remote, has not shown great leadership potential, and just lacks the mental aspects.

Thor is likewise not as smart as superman and would not be good as the leader.

It's not a question of leadership, because it's just having the most powerful member in the team. You could pick Cap America, after that, if you absolutly need leadership.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.