Aang VS Ichigo Kurosaki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsbestosFlaygon
http://api.ning.com/files/x1cSuRy7XCfkl3vxZXX*f-rGX-7UuqKp1LbA1cnztcyh-A71JVR34JS7-UuCh9YCzXReRl8ipW*A2EkNPSqdeU0VAbEqPWzp/avatareang.jpg

Aang, the Last Airbender (Avatar State)

VS

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3231/3097296630_daa584df79.jpg

Ichigo Kurosaki (Hollow Form)

NemeBro
Aang wins because his picture was really cool and Ichigo's was crappy.

No but seriously Ichigo wins.

EvilAngel
Which hollow form?

Trying to work out if this is spite or not.

AsbestosFlaygon
Full Hollow Form, pictured above

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsThsWhdBls&feature=player_embedded

dadudemon
Fully released avatar state, the one that fought the Fire Lord, doesn't even hold a candle to a lieutenant.

Endless Mike
Can you say speedblitz? Aang is not even supersonic

Hellspawn28
Avatar is not really a anime but Ichigo should speed bitz him before he attacks.

danteiscool
Aang becomes Ichigo's punching/hacking and slashing bag. Aang is no where near Ichigo's level of strength, speed, durability, or reflexes. he'll give him some trouble at first with his avatar state, but Ichigo will just slaughter him.

NemeBro
Originally posted by EvilAngel
Which hollow form?

Trying to work out if this is spite or not. Hun, Ichigo does not need to use more than his Shikai. stick out tongue

braveheart
ichigo would win easly

ChileconCarnage
Okay to enlighten you all,
Aang could kill (but he won't) Ichigo for three valid reasons

1. Since he's a skilled Aikido fighter, he could easily dodge any slashes, hits, Ceros, etc. that Ichigo throws at him

2. He's the enitity of the freaking planet!

3. Aang could easily blood-bend Ichigo into suspended animation and use his energy-bending to strip Ichigo of his hollow form, thus permanently turning him into a regular ol' fighter.

TheAuraAngel
Kurosaki cuts Aangs head off with nary a difficulty.

KingD19
Originally posted by ChileconCarnage

1. Since he's a skilled Aikido fighter, he could easily dodge any slashes, hits, Ceros, etc. that Ichigo throws at him

3. Aang could easily blood-bend Ichigo into suspended animation and use his energy-bending to strip Ichigo of his hollow form, thus permanently turning him into a regular ol' fighter.

Hate to burst your bubble, but only 1 of those points is correct.

1. Aang doesn't use Aikido, Airbending is based on Ba Gua. And the Bleach-verse is at much higher levels speed wise to Avatar. Aang couldn't dodge Ichigo.

2. That's true, the Avatar is the embodiment and spirit of the Earth itself.

3. Aang never learned how to blood bend. Only Hama and Katara knew how, and I doubt Katara taught him. And there's no facts supporting that energy bending can work on Hollow/Shinigami powers.

NemeBro

How does this avoid the issue of Ichigo being much faster than Aang?

Who was killed by a lightning bolt.

Aang never learned blood-bending, nor used it.

Also... Energy-bending hasn't shown to be capable of taking away parts of someone's soul, only blocking chi to disallow bending. Neither of which Ichigo uses.

Q99
Also in order to spirit bend, the target had to be immobilized. Not happening.

---

Let's not forget damage resistance. Ichigo takes *far* greater his than Aang. He could pretty much power through what Aang throws.

Avatar's a great show, but power level wise it's much lower. In that the people are physically just tough humans who can jump well, while Shounen characters are massively superhuman tanks.

TheAuraAngel
I motion we make this Kon in Ichigo's body vs Season 1 Aang, no AS. stick out tongue

NemeBro
Well, I would say the Avatar characters are low superhuman physically.

Zuko is impossibly physically powerful for his size.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
Also in order to spirit bend, the target had to be immobilized. Not happening.

---

Let's not forget damage resistance. Ichigo takes *far* greater his than Aang. He could pretty much power through what Aang throws.

Avatar's a great show, but power level wise it's much lower. In that the people are physically just tough humans who can jump well, while Shounen characters are massively superhuman tanks.

Yep. Avatar characters tend to be Glass Cannons. Still, you do have people like Iroh reacting to Lightning.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by KingD19
Hate to burst your bubble, but only 1 of those points is correct.

1. Aang doesn't use Aikido, Airbending is based on Ba Gua. And the Bleach-verse is at much higher levels speed wise to Avatar. Aang couldn't dodge Ichigo.

2. That's true, the Avatar is the embodiment and spirit of the Earth itself.

3. Aang never learned how to blood bend. Only Hama and Katara knew how, and I doubt Katara taught him. And there's no facts supporting that energy bending can work on Hollow/Shinigami powers.

1. You are both partially correct. Airbending is BASED of Ba Gua, however Aang clearly displays knowledge and use of Aikido forms as well during the series.

2. As you said it's true, but we know it has nothing to do with winning this fight.

3. Correct.

Speaking of bubble though the few things that may give Aang a fighting chance...

A. He can fly and to my knowledge Ichigo cannot. This alone gives Aang an immense advantage as he can keep at a distance where Ichigo cannot use his most powerful attacks, and Aang can use the entire environment to his advantage.
B. Ichigo couldnt just hack and slash him at will. Aang's air sphere could shield him. It's been shown able to take massive trauma without letting anything through.

C. Aang is faster than some give him credit for. He can run for distances so that he appears as only a blur and a human eye cannot make him out. He can also run fast enough to run on water and has broken the sound barrier in a short burst.

Not saying he wins but it's a more interesting fight than some say.

ichigo12
Well, it is the Aang from the start of the series or the one that fighted Ozai?
If it is the first option Ichigo OWNS Aang but if it is the second option, well, I dont know what to say because I havent seen Ichigo fighting in his Hollow Form.

Lunacyde
As stated in the OP this is Aang in the Avatar State. (As he was in the Sozin's Comet Finale)

marwash22
Originally posted by Lunacyde
A. He can fly and to my knowledge Ichigo cannot. This alone gives Aang an immense advantage as he can keep at a distance where Ichigo cannot use his most powerful attacks, and Aang can use the entire environment to his advantage. Ichigo (and all bleach character), for all intents and purposes, can fly.

C. Aang is faster than some give him credit for. He can run for distances so that he appears as only a blur and a human eye cannot make him out. He can also run fast enough to run on water and has broken the sound barrier in a short burst. Aang would still appear to be moving in slow motion to Ichigo.

Q99

A. He can fly and to my knowledge Ichigo cannot. This alone gives Aang an immense advantage as he can keep at a distance where Ichigo cannot use his most powerful attacks, and Aang can use the entire environment to his advantage.

Ichigo can throw his ranged attack that'll destroy Aang (one of his main attacks is ranged), and as mentioned he can easily get in melee anyway.

No trauma anywhere near what Ichigo dishes out, he'll blast right through it like it's not there.

You really don't get the power difference here.

Which is horribly slower than Ichigo.

No, he's still massively outmatched even in super avatar state.

If you want a better fight for Aang against a shonen character, you need to aim lower than Captain Class bleach characters.

marwash22
what about Aang vs. Jin from YYH?

Q99
That'd be better. Dark Tournament Jin vs super Avatar State Aang, not 3-Kings Jin, of course (that'd be another brutal stomp).

Or maybe one of the Fairy Tail characters.

ichigo12
Bleach is an anime of strong subnormal( laughing ) characters but Avatar characters are more likely human.

Getsugamoon

Cool and all but Ichigo whilst in his Soul Reaper/Hollow for is a SOUL! Aang CANNOT touch him! and the Energy Bending blocking think takes Bending away, not Reishi. The only people who could do such things are Quincys, and Aang is not a Quincy. Also, while Aang may be a part of the planet, he is still a human and therefore is bogged down by the normal human rules. Plus Each time Hollow Ichigo is hit, he uses High Speed Regeneration. Plus his speed and power. Aikido or not, I'd like to see a human with slightly higher than human reflexes dodge a Flash Step slash (As in, Flash step to Aang and slash at him) Plus most all Bleach characters move at like Mach 2 or 3 for a normal speed.

Lord_Talron
stop saying avatar form cannot bloodbend. thats completely stupid.

Q99
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
stop saying avatar form cannot bloodbend. thats completely stupid.

Aang doesn't know bloodbending.

Nor does he know metalbending.

Both were invented very recently, and Katara never taught him bloodbending, nor Toph metal.

Also, I don't think bloodbending would necessarily work even if Ichigo was in a human body. It's using someone's blood to puppet their movements, i.e. push them down to make them go down, and so on. However, the bending can't push down nearly as hard as Ichigo can push back.

TheAuraAngel
Well actually bloodbending has been throw in the dark. It's hard to tell if what's her name really did invent it since there are people who seem to have no connection to her bloodbending. But that's neither here nor there. Amon demonstrated resistance to bloodbending and Ichigo is far stronger than him. He'll be able to take it just fine if Aang does have it(which is just speculation mind you).

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Q99
Aang doesn't know bloodbending.

Nor does he know metalbending.

Both were invented very recently, and Katara never taught him bloodbending, nor Toph metal.

Also, I don't think bloodbending would necessarily work even if Ichigo was in a human body. It's using someone's blood to puppet their movements, i.e. push them down to make them go down, and so on. However, the bending can't push down nearly as hard as Ichigo can push back. its highly improbable that one if not more of the hundreds (possibly thousands) of previous avatars (all of which are immensely powerful benders) knew how to bloodbend or possibly even metal bend.

if we take that knowledge along with what we learn in LoK we find that bloodbending is common knowledge and even illegal (we know that katara would never have taught anyone this so if she and that woman were the only ones why was it made illegal?)
we also find that in the avatar state, aang is able to instantly deal with yakun's bloodbending, implying a previous avatar's knowledge of the art.

ZeldaFan180
Although I really love both, and honest to God I thought hard about this one, but I really think Avatar Aang has a bigger chance of winning the fight.

Sure Ichigo has a hell of a lot more speed, but speed isn't the only thing that matters. I don't know who said it, but its a good point that Aang couldn't see him, but Aang isn't a normal human either.

Anyone who has watched Avatar knows that most of the Avatars are extremely powerful, and to say that in the avatar state Aang has the power of ALL of his past lives...

Aang has the power to entirely block anyone's chi, would would be as good as saying Ichigo's spiritual pressure would be gone.... and without it, Ichigo would be nothing.

With that air ball (in the avatar state) with winds that powerful, there is no way on earth Ichigo will be able to get near Aang....

AND WORST CASES******

Aang is smart enough to know when his opponents are better than he is, so all he has to do is surrender and be killed, then he would be reincarnated to Korra.... which has additional power because the Avatar State now contains Aang's power along with Korra's...

Aang dies (out of the Avatar State) and he will come back at Ichigo with more power the next life. If thats not enough, guess what, Ichigo will have to surrender or die...

I love both of them, but I believe that Aang has the upper hand here....

NemeBro
Ichigo punches Aang's head off.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
Ichigo punches Aang's head off.

But then he has to deal with Korra according to the new guy. She'll be even more powerful than Aang.

NotAllThatEvil
Bloodbending seems to be aang's only advantage. Other thsn that, he's screwed.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by ZeldaFan180
Aang is smart enough to know when his opponents are better than he is, so all he has to do is surrender and be killed, then he would be reincarnated to Korra.... which has additional power because the Avatar State now contains Aang's power along with Korra's...

Aang has never considered this course of action. Considering dying is not something the human animal wants.

But Korra wouldn't fair any better. You are seriously underestimating the speed difference here.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Bloodbending seems to be aang's only advantage. Other thsn that, he's screwed.

So basically, he's screwed, since his one advantage according to you isn't an advantage he actually has.

NotAllThatEvil
He did counter that gangster's bloodbending in the avatar state. Granted, 12 year old aang never pulled it off.

Nephthys
Him countering it doesn't prove he has it. Remember that it was the middle of the day and Yakone was the only one who could bloodbend during the day. Even if Aang could theoretically have bloodbending, he couldn't do it during the day, thus it was not how he countered Yakone.

NotAllThatEvil
Because the avatar state doesn't give you extra power? The only other counter to blood bending we have for comparison is amon, who out bloodbended his brother. Aang in the avatar state could do basic bloodbending.

Demonic Phoenix
He did counter that gangster's bloodbending in the avatar state. Granted, 12 year old aang never pulled it off. Yes, and Mako countered it as well. I guess he knows bloodbending also.

You're engaging in pure speculation here. There's no solid evidence that Aang or any Avatar knew the art. Until such evidence is given, it won't be counted as a part of his powerset.

Unless you want Mako to be a bloodbender as well.

NotAllThatEvil
Mako didn't counter it he just shot lightning at amon, breaking his hold.

Demonic Phoenix
Watch the fight again. Mako resisted it which is why he was able to use Lightning in the first place, and Amon outright states as such.
He resisted it, much like Amon did against Tarlokk, but obviously to a lesser degree.

So again, Mako obviously knows bloodbending right? After all, anyone who can resist bloodbending must know basic bloodbending.

NotAllThatEvil
Bloodbending doesn't seem to work on the little stuff like your eyes, mouth, organs. Amon just wasn't micromanaging his fingers.

Tarlokk was obviously counter bended by amon.

AuraAngel
Mako has latent bloodbending abilities guys. Not that hard to figure out.

NotAllThatEvil
I wouldn't put it past him...

Demonic Phoenix
Bloodbending doesn't seem to work on the little stuff like your eyes, mouth, organs. Amon just wasn't micromanaging his fingers.

Tarlokk was obviously counter bended by amon.

Yes, and anyone who resists bloodbending can bloodbend. So Mako knows bloodbending, or your theory about only bloodbenders being able to resist just got a one way ticket to debunk-ville.

Originally posted by AuraAngel
Mako has latent bloodbending abilities guys. Not that hard to figure out.

How else could he get two hot chicks to fall for him at the same time? True Psychic Bloodbending.

NotAllThatEvil
Amon aang could behave semi normally while being bloodbended while amon just forgot to lock mako's fingers. Aang can at least bloodbend a little.

Demonic Phoenix
Quit flip-flopping.
No, Amon never forgot to lock his fingers. Otherwise, Amon would have stated that it was his mistake, not that Mako got the better of him.

So, as per your theory about only those who know bloodbending being able to resist bloodbending, Avatar State Aang is a Bloodbender. As is a non-Waterbending Korra, and a Firebending Mako.

ares834
I don't see how you can compare how Aang countered bloodbending to how Mako did. Aang cancelled it out; Mako briefly muscled past it.

AuraAngel
I love how Amon's bloodbending is supposed to be superior to Tarrlok's but Amon couldn't stop two teenagers from overcoming him. The same two teenagers Tarrlok casually restrained.

I hate bloodbending.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by ares834
I don't see how you can compare how Aang countered bloodbending to how Mako did. Aang cancelled it out; Mako briefly muscled past it.

I don't have to compare them to see that Bloodbending isn't a requirement for overcoming Bloodbending.

Does the Avatar know Bloodbending? Possibly. Given its nature, the Avatar would have likely decided not to use it had he/she/it discovered it.
There's not enough evidence to tell. As it stands though, Hama discovered it, and only she, Katara, Yakone, Amon & Tarlokk knew how to use it.

Originally posted by AuraAngel
I love how Amon's bloodbending is supposed to be superior to Tarrlok's but Amon couldn't stop two teenagers from overcoming him. The same two teenagers Tarrlok casually restrained.

I hate bloodbending.

Tarlokk was able to kill a peak level Amon while he was powerless. vin
Get over yourself. sneer

Luffygear4
ichigo hes faster, does more damage. is much more durable, and if push comes to shovehe'll be part of another species and it will help him survive. i didnt read the details of this fight but i'm assuming hollow isnt allowed

SSJGGogeta
While Demonic Phoenix and I almost never see eye to eye, I have to go with him on this one. Saying Aang knows blood bending because he resisted it is retarded. Why not just say that Guy and Kakashi know Tsukiyomi because they resisted it? Or that Frieza knows spirit bomb because he resisted it? Or that Ichigo can use Senbonzakura Kageyoshi because he resisted it? Or that Gohan and Krillin can stop time because they beat Guldo? Just because someone beats another person doesn't mean they get their powers and abilities. This isn't Highlander. The quickening doesn't apply to Aang. Ichigo is over mach 500 and can destroy mountains with a swing of his sword. He wins. Period.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.