thor with odin force vs thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darealninja
who wins

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Badabing
Thor in a stomp.

thanos-prime
thanos

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Badabing
Thor in a stomp.

2x

nicamarvin
thor wins

iceman24567
Thor

quanchi112
Thor in a stomp. I'll see you in hell.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by quanchi112
I'll see you in hell. Well at least when you get there you can hang out with your buddy thanos after Thor kills him....again

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Well at least when you get there you can hang out with your buddy thanos after Thor kills him....again I am Thanos. I am sitting right next to my Mistress right now. wink

Ps. With all the good things Thanos(I've) done do you really think he'd go to hell.

Philosophía
Thor godblasts his ass down.

DarkOdin
I am Thanos. I am sitting right next to my Mistress right now. wink

Ps. With all the good things Thanos(I've) done do you really think he'd go to hell.

laughing This explains sooo much

quanchi112

nicamarvin

quanchi112

Lord Feron
To be honest Big G always needs to feed, only when he is not currently eating. By the way the godblast seems to be greater than the "annoyance" blast Big G hit Thanos with. Not saying it was a weak blast or anything but imo Godblast is a notch greater.

Anyway Thanos is going to win, Thor's only avenue is the Godblast. To me Thanos can find ways around that problem. IMO he would be able to tank it but imo he would get out of the way or something.

Philosophía
Thor easily absorbs his shield. (am I the only one forgetting he's been able to absorb a blast capable of destroying a big part of the Universe ?!?!?)

In fact, he absorbs everything Thanos can possibly throw at him.

And once he tries to get physicall, BAM! godblast.

quanchi112

Batman-Prime
Thanos durability is awesome, he can take punishment like few other beings in de MU. But his fight against Thor (w/ Odinpower) would be even even more hopeless, then his fight against Odin.

While he has to take everything Thor will throw at him, he has almost nothing that can really hurt Odinpower-Thor.
It isn't an question who will win but how long Thanos will survive. Not even the greatest Fanboy can believe that Thanos can take an beating for eternity, or that Thor's energy will get sooner depleted.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Not even the greatest Fanboy can believe that Thanos can take an beating for eternity, or that Thor's energy will get sooner depleted.

roll eyes (sarcastic) O boy you are going to eat those words in a minute laughing out loud

dmills
Thanos durability is awesome, he can take punishment like few other beings in de MU. But his fight against Thor (w/ Odinpower) would be even even more hopeless, then his fight against Odin.

While he has to take everything Thor will throw at him, he has almost nothing that can really hurt Odinpower-Thor.
It isn't an question who will win but how long Thanos will survive. Not even the greatest Fanboy can believe that Thanos can take an beating for eternity, or that Thor's energy will get sooner depleted. I'd have to agree with this. I'm probably in the minority on this but I think that Current/Classic Thor cutting loose would give Thanos a nice run if he utlized all of his abilities. Thor with Odin force would stomp.

quanchi112

It isn't an question who will win but how long Thanos will survive. Not even the greatest Fanboy can believe that Thanos can take an beating for eternity, or that Thor's energy will get sooner depleted. Eternity would crap all over Odin amped in the Destroyer armor with all of asgard's souls.

Thanos went toe to toe with Odin before his final upgrade. Thanos achieved more power after marvel's the end arc in which he became the supreme being.

Thanos has the power, the tech, the experience, and the durability to beat Thor all day. What has Thor done to make you believe he beats Thanos here?

Philosophía
I just saw it's ODIN force Thor!! Silly me.

He stomps on Thanos!

DarkOdin
Eternity would crap all over Odin amped in the Destroyer armor with all of asgard's souls.

I think when he said eternity he meant the amount of time not Eternity abstract from marvel.

SO batman-prime how did that taste?? big grin

DarkOdin

quanchi112

Batman-Prime
Eternity would crap all over Odin amped in the Destroyer armor with all of asgard's souls.

Thanos went toe to toe with Odin before his final upgrade. Thanos achieved more power after marvel's the end arc in which he became the supreme being.

Thanos has the power, the tech, the experience, and the durability to beat Thor all day. What has Thor done to make you believe he beats Thanos here?

For eternity, not the Eternity-being... oh boy.

Thanos went toe to toe with Odin? When? From what i saw of this fight the only one capable of looking at some toes was Thanos wink . He went down and stood up, he took a lot, good durability feat but he never came close to do some harm, he was surviving nothing more nothing less, and he couldn't survive forever. He was lucky.

What are his upgrades? What can he do now that would hurt Odin/Thor?

Do you honestly believe that the Thanos - Odin fight was even for`an second in Thanos favour? Do you honestly believe that he could have won? Do you really believe that he could have withstood Odin forever?

no expression

dmills

If by toe to toe you mean Thanos SURVIVED then yes, he went "toe to toe" with Odin.

quanchi112

Thanos went toe toe toe with Odin? When? From what i saw of this fight the only one capable of looking at some toes was Thanos wink . He went down and stood up, he took a lot, good durability feat but he never came close to do some harm, he was surviving nothing more nothing less, and he couldn't survive forever. He was lucky.

Do you honestly believe that the Thanos - Odin fight was even for`an second in Thanos favour? Do you honestly believe that he could have won? Do you really believe that he could have withstand Odin forever?

no expression The same fight Odin told him prior to realizing Thanos wasn't defeated that it's been eons since he went against a foe such as he.

This was all prior to Thanos' final upgrade. Odin didn't even put down a weaker Thanos. This hardly helps your case.

He launched Galactus and easily defeated the Maker. I think that's proof enough for me.

Where that Odin/Thanos fight was going is speculation at best. I know Odin failed to put him down in a significant amount of time out to kill. That's before Thanos' power increased for the final time.

quanchi112
Originally posted by dmills
If by toe to toe you mean Thanos SURVIVED then yes, he went "toe to toe" with Odin. No, he wasn't defeated. He went toe to toe and was amping his fists and itching to go after Odin some more. Thanos disputed his advantage the entire fight while against someone like Galactus he knew he was outgunned.

dmills

Thanos went toe to toe with Odin? When? From what i saw of this fight the only one capable of looking at some toes was Thanos wink . He went down and stood up, he took a lot, good durability feat but he never came close to do some harm, he was surviving nothing more nothing less, and he couldn't survive forever. He was lucky.

Do you honestly believe that the Thanos - Odin fight was even for`an second in Thanos favour? Do you honestly believe that he could have won? Do you really believe that he could have withstand Odin forever?

no expression It's called FIS. Fan induced stupidity. It happens when a fanboy of a certain character takes a particular panel showing and twists it to conform to their view of said character.

Batman-Prime
The same fight Odin told him prior to realizing Thanos wasn't defeated that it's been eons since he went against a foe such as he.

This was all prior to Thanos' final upgrade. Odin didn't even put down a weaker Thanos. This hardly helps your case.

He launched Galactus and easily defeated the Maker. I think that's proof enough for me.

Where that Odin/Thanos fight was going is speculation at best. I know Odin failed to put him down in a significant amount of time out to kill. That's before Thanos' power increased for the final time.

What the f**k?

Wow, I don't know what to say. Either you are joking and making fun out of me or you do mean what you write, means you are hopeless.

BTW laughing out loud at the Maker "fight" or mindrape. If this is the best you can get. It seems you view things quite onesided, without any reason. Cya wink

dmills
No, he wasn't defeated. He went toe to toe and was amping his fists and itching to go after Odin some more. Thanos disputed his advantage the entire fight while against someone like Galactus he knew he was outgunned. Odin only used a fraction of his full power against Thanos. We all know that.

DarkOdin
Odin only used a fraction of his full power against Thanos. We all know that. Lets not forget what the thanos clone said/admits to Odinbig grin

dmills
Lets not forget what the thanos clone said/admits to Odinbig grin I can't recall what was said?

DarkOdin
I can't recall what was said? That when he fought Odin he lost to him.

Nihilist
Thanos.

dmills
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos. I'm shocked big grin

dmills
edit

Lostedge
Thanos made Galactus his lackey when they fought the hunger and Odinforce is nothing to Galactus. I wonder why in cosmic battles you never even see Odin ... Just Celestial, Eternity, Galactus, Stranger, Chaos, Order and so on. These things almost consider Thanos their equal in confrontations ...

iceman24567
Originally posted by Lostedge
Thanos made Galactus his lackey when they fought the hunger and Odinforce is nothing to Galactus. I wonder why in cosmic battles you never even see Odin ... Just Celestial, Eternity, Galactus, Stranger, Chaos, Order and so on. These things almost consider Thanos their equal in confrontations ... What the f**k?

DarkOdin
Thanos made Galactus his lackey when they fought the hunger and Odinforce is nothing to Galactus. I wonder why in cosmic battles you never even see Odin ... Just Celestial, Eternity, Galactus, Stranger, Chaos, Order and so on. These things almost consider Thanos their equal in confrontations ...
hysterical

iceman24567
I'm just going to act like i never read that.

dmills
Thanos made Galactus his lackey when they fought the hunger and Odinforce is nothing to Galactus. I wonder why in cosmic battles you never even see Odin ... Just Celestial, Eternity, Galactus, Stranger, Chaos, Order and so on. These things almost consider Thanos their equal in confrontations ... WOW. When you get it, you get it and when you don't... See above.

Philosophía
disgust I expect better of you don't slip up again or..............spam_laser

You're just a fanboy and the truth hurts!

Lostedge
Originally posted by iceman24567
I'm just going to act like i never read that.

Also act that you never saw these pictures either ...

http://www.picamatic.com/show/2009/10/21/11/52/5682334_bigthumb.jpg http://www.picamatic.com/show/2009/10/21/11/52/5682335_bigthumb.jpg http://www.picamatic.com/show/2009/10/21/11/52/5682340_bigthumb.jpg http://www.picamatic.com/show/2009/10/21/11/52/5682339_bigthumb.jpg http://www.picamatic.com/show/2009/10/21/11/52/5682341_bigthumb.jpg

iceman24567
Of course i have but they don't prove much as far as power ranking is concerned and Odin has been in at least one of those cosmic meetings erm

DarkOdin
Also act that you never saw these pictures either ...

http://www.picamatic.com/show/2009/10/21/11/52/5682334_bigthumb.jpg http://www.picamatic.com/show/2009/10/21/11/52/5682335_bigthumb.jpg http://www.picamatic.com/show/2009/10/21/11/52/5682340_bigthumb.jpg http://www.picamatic.com/show/2009/10/21/11/52/5682339_bigthumb.jpg http://www.picamatic.com/show/2009/10/21/11/52/5682341_bigthumb.jpg

Yes i like the picture you posted where Thanos admits if he faces Big G in person he would die eek!

Lostedge
Yes i like the picture you posted where Thanos admits if he faces Big G in person he would die eek!

And? Are you saying that if Thor with Odinforce faced Galactus he would win? The point was Galactus was "suprised".

WOW. When you get it, you get it and when you don't... See above.

Atleast I added some pictures instead of being gay ... See above.

Nihilist
I'm shocked big grin Im not.

Thor w/odin didnt show anything to say he could beat anyone at Thanos lvl.

Kris Blaze
Im not.

Thor w/odin didnt show anything to say he could beat anyone at Thanos lvl.

He beat Surtur no expression

quanchi112
What the f**k?

Wow, I don't know what to say. Either you are joking and making fun out of me or you do mean what you write, means you are hopeless.

BTW laughing out loud at the Maker "fight" or mindrape. If this is the best you can get. It seems you view things quite onesided, without any reason. Cya wink I am not joking. The comic fight supports my viewpoint not your own.

The Maker did something Odin didn't do and that's knock Thanos out. When Thanos came back prepared he stomped her and mindraped her because he didn't want to kill her not that he couldn't.Originally posted by dmills
Odin only used a fraction of his full power against Thanos. We all know that. Not based on the dialogue. I have no idea what you are basing this from?Originally posted by Lostedge
Thanos made Galactus his lackey when they fought the hunger and Odinforce is nothing to Galactus. I wonder why in cosmic battles you never even see Odin ... Just Celestial, Eternity, Galactus, Stranger, Chaos, Order and so on. These things almost consider Thanos their equal in confrontations ... Galactus was clueless on how to deal with the Hunger. You are right about Galactus being well above Odin as well.

WOW. When you get it, you get it and when you don't... See above. What's wrong with his statement?

Nihilist
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
He beat Surtur no expression This is the recent Thor w/odin force.

King Kandy
Odin only used a fraction of his full power against Thanos. We all know that.
This is absolutely false. There is nothing anywhere in that comic that indicates this other than that it is what you want to believe.

quanchi112
Originally posted by King Kandy
This is absolutely false. There is nothing anywhere in that comic that indicates this other than that it is what you want to believe. Exactly. People who can't stand the fact that Thanos was going toe to toe with Odin. There's lots of them on the internet. I'll get to them one at a time.

smile

bbrem123
thanos wins

Kris Blaze
This is the recent Thor w/odin force.

That's not stated anywhere.

Thor doesn't have the odinforce anymore, so the current version won't go. And since it's not specified that Thor has a certain percentage of the unlimited force (I know, makes no sense), we assume he has the whole thing. Which means that he has already defeated Surtur with it. Naturally, if this is Thor with some of the Odinforce, it would be different.

Nihilist
That's not stated anywhere.

Thor doesn't have the odinforce anymore, so the current version won't go. And since it's not specified that Thor has a certain percentage of the unlimited force (I know, makes no sense), we assume he has the whole thing. Which means that he has already defeated Surtur with it. Naturally, if this is Thor with some of the Odinforce, it would be different. It says in the rules most recent version, and that is the most recent version with the Odin force.

Kris Blaze
It says in the rules most recent version, and that is the most recent version with the Odin force.

With parts of the Odin force.

Nihilist
With parts of the Odin force. Yes, the one that recently beat the shit out of Iron Man.

Kris Blaze
Yes, the one that recently beat the shit out of Iron Man.

You're not reading me. It doesn't say "parts of the Odinforce"

Since the thread started is banned, we will never know which one he meant. So I'll just open a thread and include both versions.

quanchi112
With parts of the Odin force. Why wouldn't it say King Thor then? It's recent Thor with the odinforce not that it changes anything. It makes it a lot closer, but Thanos still prevails.

Nihilist is correct.

dmills
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2380/147/93/912747/n912747_42699461_6940339.jpg

At least I added some pictures of me being gay ... See above.

Fixed it for ya. cool

SoulDevourer
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8006/ovsg.jpg

dmills
This is absolutely false. There is nothing anywhere in that comic that indicates this other than that it is what you want to believe. This is a FACT based on his long history and of me knowing what the character is capable of. You can't possibly be suggesting that Odin went all out in this battle? Thanos was all busted up while Odin looked like he didn't break a sweat.

iceman24567
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8006/ovsg.jpg Lovely

Badabing
Exactly. People who can't stand the fact that Thanos was going toe to toe with Odin. There's lots of them on the internet. I'll get to them one at a time.

smile Yes, Thanos went toe to toe...then knees to toe...because Thanos was defeated...on his knees. laughing out loud

biscuits

iceman24567
He's used to being on his knees eek!

The Nuul
Yes, Thanos went toe to toe...then knees to toe...because Thanos was defeated...on his knees. laughing out loud

biscuits

You would also be defeated if you were on your knees....eek!

Kris Blaze
He's used to being on his knees eek!

Then he has something in common with Quanchi after all.

iceman24567
laughing

dmills
You mean to tell me that this guy could beat King Thor? Take his ass to jail.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/50835/998435-copthanos9yk_super.jpg

stick out tongue laughing

Badabing
He's used to being on his knees eek! laughing out loudOriginally posted by The Nuul
You would also be defeated if you were on your knees....eek! You and your lurid fantasies...sickOriginally posted by Kris Blaze
Then he has something in common with Quanchi after all. Poor Quan...sad

stick out tongue laughing Insult to injury. Quan's head may explode now. sad

King Kandy
This is a FACT based on his long history and of me knowing what the character is capable of. You can't possibly be suggesting that Odin went all out in this battle? Thanos was all busted up while Odin looked like he didn't break a sweat.
Odin was going all out and carried an easy win because of it. You seem to be suggesting that the more power he used, the harder the fight should have been for him... on the contrary the more power Odin used the easier the fight was for him. He even pulled out Gugnir because his regular power wasn't doing the trick.

King Kandy

stick out tongue laughing
You are just trolling now. That is non-canon and happened in an electric company crossover.

D-Block
Thor wins

dmills
You are just trolling now. That is non-canon and happened in an electric company crossover. Relax. I know it's non canon thus the stick out tongue at the end of the scan. Lighten up a little cool

dmills
Odin was going all out and carried an easy win because of it. You seem to be suggesting that the more power he used, the harder the fight should have been for him... on the contrary the more power Odin used the easier the fight was for him. He even pulled out Gugnir because his regular power wasn't doing the trick.

Turning up the heat a bit isn't the same as going all out. Otherwise you could consider this all out;

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6066/galactus48na.jpg

Galan had to turn up the heat a bit to get through Thanos's force field but clearly Galan isn't going all out. Odin is a legit galaxy buster. He wasn't going all out.

quanchi112
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8006/ovsg.jpg Thor comics also call Odin omnipotent. We know Galactus' power is far superior than Odin's. Thor has been easily defeated since then by a weakened Galactus. He used a godblast which shows how powerful he is, but Galactus was slightly weakened and is more than powerful enough to easily kill Thor.Originally posted by Badabing
Yes, Thanos went toe to toe...then knees to toe...because Thanos was defeated...on his knees. laughing out loud

biscuits That's where Odin wanted him the rabid homosexual that he is. Thanos quickly regained his feet and wanted to bring this perverted old man down. Lucky for Odin BrB saved his old, wretched life.
Then he has something in common with Quanchi after all. I have a gf. Originally posted by iceman24567
He's used to being on his knees eek! No, Thanos is not.Originally posted by dmills

stick out tongue laughing This isn't canon to Thanos. It's about as relevant as that bum beating up Darkseid.Originally posted by dmills
Relax. I know it's non canon thus the stick out tongue at the end of the scan. Lighten up a little cool No harm done. To argue against Thanos people get desperate. I forgive you.

King Kandy
Turning up the heat a bit isn't the same as going all out. Otherwise you could consider this all out;

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6066/galactus48na.jpg

Galan had to turn up the heat a bit to get through Thanos's force field but clearly Galan isn't going all out. Odin is a legit galaxy buster. He wasn't going all out.
What you think he wasn't going all out because he didn't destroy any galaxies? He actually hit his target this time. What do you think the caption would say, "it was a galaxy destroying blast, good thing there were no galaxies that got hit!"?

Badabing
Thor comics also call Odin omnipotent. We know Galactus' power is far superior than Odin's. Thor has been easily defeated since then by a weakened Galactus. He used a godblast which shows how powerful he is, but Galactus was slightly weakened and is more than powerful enough to easily kill Thor. That's where Odin wanted him the rabid homosexual that he is. Thanos quickly regained his feet and wanted to bring this perverted old man down. Lucky for Odin BrB saved his old, wretched life.
I have a gf. No, Thanos is not. This isn't canon to Thanos. It's about as relevant as that bum beating up Darkseid. No harm done. To argue against Thanos people get desperate. I forgive you. Quan, stop the unprovoked trolling and bashing. no expression Thanks.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Quan, stop the unprovoked trolling and bashing. no expression Thanks.

laughing out loud no expression laughing out loud no expression laughing out loud

Which is it?

shifty

Badabing
no expression laughing out loud no expression laughing out loud

Which is it?

shifty

stick out tongue

dmills
What you think he wasn't going all out because he didn't destroy any galaxies? He actually hit his target this time. What do you think the caption would say, "it was a galaxy destroying blast, good thing there were no galaxies that got hit!"?

What the f**k? Galaxy busting is the potential level of power that Odin can unleash, hence me stating that he only used a fraction of his power against Thanos. He started out with kid gloves and then he turned up the heat a little more after Thanos shook off his regular attacks.

quanchi112
What the f**k? Galaxy busting is the potential level of power that Odin can unleash, hence me stating that he only used a fraction of his power against Thanos. He started out with kid gloves and then he turned up the heat a little more after Thanos shook off his regular attacks. All writers vary with these kinds of feats. This doesn't prove anything unless this was the same writer who wrote Odin busting up galaxies. was it?

If Sentry blows up a planet and fails to blow one up when it's clearly stated he went all out do we then assume he held back because planets weren't destroyed?

dmills
All writers vary with these kinds of feats. This doesn't prove anything unless this was the same writer who wrote Odin busting up galaxies. was it?

If Sentry blows up a planet and fails to blow one up when it's clearly stated he went all out do we then assume he held back because planets weren't destroyed? If he's blown up planets in the past but then fails to do so after it's clearly stated he's going all out specifically to blow one up then I'd call it PIS. How this relates to Odin V Thanos is beyond me since it was never stated or implied that Odin was going all out.

It seems to me that you're taking what I said in an ultra literal sense. When I said Odin is a legitimate galaxy buster, I meant his more-so his level of power, potential and standing within the MU. In other words he had a much deeper reservoir of power to draw from if he had to but he didn't. He was just getting warmed up against Thanos.

At any rate we're getting off topic now. King Thor wins.

Nihilist
This is a FACT based on his long history and of me knowing what the character is capable of. You can't possibly be suggesting that Odin went all out in this battle? Thanos was all busted up while Odin looked like he didn't break a sweat. You do know the context behind a "all out Odin" and that its is mostly not under his own power.

King Kandy
What the f**k? Galaxy busting is the potential level of power that Odin can unleash, hence me stating that he only used a fraction of his power against Thanos. He started out with kid gloves and then he turned up the heat a little more after Thanos shook off his regular attacks.
But the thing is, you have no reason to say he "started out with kid gloves". HE never fired off a blast towards a galaxy or anything. We don't know what sort of collateral damage they could have done.

gogogadgetgo
Why wouldn't it say King Thor then? It's recent Thor with the odinforce not that it changes anything. It makes it a lot closer, but Thanos still prevails.

Nihilist is correct.

no its not. just says thor with odin force. if its current or recent thor with part of the odinforce, the OP would bo

thor with PART of the odinforce
or
thor wiht SOME of the odinforce
or
thor with A LITTLE odinforce
or
current thor with PART of odinforce

since its says, thor WITH odinforce and nothing else, then its thor with the FULL odinforce

gogogadgetgo
But the thing is, you have no reason to say he "started out with kid gloves". HE never fired off a blast towards a galaxy or anything. We don't know what sort of collateral damage they could have done.

well, Odin did start the fight with out his trident (forgot what its called..guradall or something), then he materialized it and used it to channel his Power and blasted thanos. with this, we can assume that odin didn't go all out at the onset of the fight and only started getting serious once he saw that thanos could take the beating.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
well, Odin did start the fight with out his trident (forgot what its called..guradall or something), then he materialized it and used it to channel his Power and blasted thanos. with this, we can assume that odin didn't go all out at the onset of the fight and only started getting serious once he saw that thanos could take the beating.

True however Odin even used Gungir to fight Thor. So to assume that if Odin uses gungir = he going all out is not correct.

DarkOdin

Philosophía
Yes, Thanos went toe to toe...then knees to toe

laughing out loud

Bouboumaster
I'll say Thanos. And the reason why is I think that Thor doesn't have the experience of his pop in the art of mastering the power of the Odinforce.

And btw, does Thor still have it?

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

And btw, does Thor still have it? No Current Thor only had a small piece of the Odinpower, which he had to give up to fix Mjolnir.

quanchi112
If he's blown up planets in the past but then fails to do so after it's clearly stated he's going all out specifically to blow one up then I'd call it PIS. How this relates to Odin V Thanos is beyond me since it was never stated or implied that Odin was going all out.

It seems to me that you're taking what I said in an ultra literal sense. When I said Odin is a legitimate galaxy buster, I meant his more-so his level of power, potential and standing within the MU. In other words he had a much deeper reservoir of power to draw from if he had to but he didn't. He was just getting warmed up against Thanos.

At any rate we're getting off topic now. King Thor wins. His words, the situation, and actions lead most to believe he wouldn't hold back as they had his son in chains. He felt asgard was being invaded.

Thanos was mopping the floor with asgardians and stood toe to toe with Odin. There is nothing to suggest he held back.

Thanos was also getting warmed up. Neither expelled all their power so what's your point?

I don't see how King Thor wins. Do you mind explaining it to me?Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
no its not. just says thor with odin force. if its current or recent thor with part of the odinforce, the OP would bo

thor with PART of the odinforce
or
thor wiht SOME of the odinforce
or
thor with A LITTLE odinforce
or
current thor with PART of odinforce

since its says, thor WITH odinforce and nothing else, then its thor with the FULL odinforce Yes, and he had a portion of the odinforce recently. Most current version with the odin force unless otherwise specified.Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
well, Odin did start the fight with out his trident (forgot what its called..guradall or something), then he materialized it and used it to channel his Power and blasted thanos. with this, we can assume that odin didn't go all out at the onset of the fight and only started getting serious once he saw that thanos could take the beating. No, that doesn't make any sense. Odin's blasts weren't doing any real damage so he tried another approach. It seemed to be much more effective but Thanos was under a concentrated blast and ran through it which caused the bulk of the damage he took throughout the entire fight.

dmills
His words, the situation, and actions lead most to believe he wouldn't hold back as they had his son in chains. He felt asgard was being invaded.

Odin's attitude towards Thanos was dismissive, condescending and mildly amused. Hell he even back handed Thanos at one point!

Pure FIS. You're equivocating going "toe to toe" with not backing down. There's a HUGE difference. Going "toe to toe" means that you actually had to have dished out just as much punishment to your opponent as you received. Thanos showed that he had a lot of heart and was very powerful in his own right, but he was clearly outclassed while Odin was looking just as fresh at the end as when it began.

I assume you mean Odin. When Odin goes all out it's a galactic event felt across dimensions. See his respect thread. The Thanos fight was a sparring match for him and nothing more.

He was getting warmed up all right, like a thanksgiving turkey.

SoulDevourer

I don't see how King Thor wins. 1) check this : http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7135/sh1uu.jpg

2) check this : http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8517/sh2o.jpg (look at size of dent & remeber this is Caps sheild)

3) now imagine Thanos head instead of the sheild

4) and now imagine Thanos brain matter splatered all over the place

stick out tongue

quanchi112
Odin's attitude towards Thanos was dismissive, condescending and mildly amused. Hell he even back handed Thanos at one point!

Pure FIS. You're equivocating going "toe to toe" with not backing down. There's a HUGE difference. Going "toe to toe" means that you actually had to have dished out just as much punishment to your opponent as you received. Thanos showed that he had a lot of heart and was very powerful in his own right, but he was clearly outclassed while Odin was looking just as fresh at the end as when it began.

I assume you mean Odin. When Odin goes all out it's a galactic event felt across dimensions. See his respect thread. The Thanos fight was a sparring match for him and nothing more.

He was getting warmed up all right, like a thanksgiving turkey. If you ignore everything I just stated then sure.

Odin resorted to pulling out a weapon when all his previous attacks were doing minimal to zero damage. That changed the fight and gave him the upper hand, but how it would have ended it anyone's guess.

No, that's just a different feat by a different writer. This comic showed up they are both in the same league. Asgard was getting demolished and Odin's words themselves lean towards great opponent, he's in my league.

Odin was out to kill and failed to even win the battle. That's a fact.

quanchi112
1) check this : http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7135/sh1uu.jpg

2) check this : http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8517/sh2o.jpg (look at size of dent & remeber this is Caps sheild)

3) now imagine Thanos head instead of the sheild

4) and now imagine Thanos brain matter splatered all over the place

stick out tongue That's going to damage Thanos, but it isn't even close to bringing him down. The guy took Odin's blasts for quite some time preupgrade and was itching for more.

Think Power Gem Thor and how superior he was to Strange, Watch, and the Surfer yet he ran into a brick wall against Thanos.

dmills
If you ignore everything I just stated then sure.

Odin resorted to pulling out a weapon when all his previous attacks were doing minimal to zero damage. That changed the fight and gave him the upper hand, but how it would have ended it anyone's guess.

No, that's just a different feat by a different writer. This comic showed up they are both in the same league. Asgard was getting demolished and Odin's words themselves lean towards great opponent, he's in my league.

Odin was out to kill and failed to even win the battle. That's a fact. We're just jumping rope now. Let's just agree to disagree.

quanchi112
We're just jumping rope now. Let's just agree to disagree. If you want to take the easy way out, sure.

dmills
If you want to take the easy way out, sure.

Yep. Keeps my blood pressure in check.

quanchi112
Yep. Keeps my blood pressure in check. Whatever works for you.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yep. Keeps my blood pressure in check.

Question then... IF you think Odin wasn't going all out.. I assume you think Thanos was? I await your answer

roughrider
If you ignore everything I just stated then sure.

Odin was out to kill and failed to even win the battle. That's a fact.

If you ignore the fact Odin was thrashing Thanos around physically, while Thanos wasn't even capable of making Odin take a step backward, or stumble.
If Odin did intend to kill him, he wouldn't have addressed him as a worthy foe by the end, and asked him to yield. Thanos stood up very painfully and refused. How much of this was affected by the fact Thanos was barred from Lady Death's realm at the time? It probably saved him against Odin.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by roughrider
If you ignore the fact Odin was thrashing Thanos around physically, while Thanos wasn't even capable of making Odin take a step backward, or stumble.
If Odin did intend to kill him, he wouldn't have addressed him as a worthy foe by the end, and asked him to yield. Thanos stood up very painfully and refused. How much of this was affected by the fact Thanos was barred from Lady Death's realm at the time? It probably saved him against Odin.

Actually IIRC he wasn't barred from death's realm at that time. As I ask somebody else and I'm curious as to your thoughts as well..

1. If you say Odin wasn't going all out... Do you feel Thanos was? I certainly don't but curious as to your thoughts.

2. Do you feel Odin is more experienced and better equiped to take on Thanos than his less experienced son?

3. Do you feel Thanos is any stronger now, then he was when he faced Odin the first time?

I don't feel Odin was going all out but do feel he was trying. His words and actions certainly point towards him putting forth a good amount of energy and having the motivation to kills thanos. His words speak very clearly to this. However, that being said... Obviously Odin was winning that fight.

dmills
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
1. If you say Odin wasn't going all out... Do you feel Thanos was? I certainly don't but curious as to your thoughts.

I do think Thanos may have had another gear to go to, but I also don't think it would have mattered much because Odin was many levels above Thanos at the time.

He is much stronger now then he was then. Maybe not Odin level but certainly Skyfather level. That was proven when he was allowed to appear before the cosmic pantheon (much to Eternities chagrin). I think Thanos would do much better currently. Well maybe not, seeing as both of them are dead! laughing

A very well reasoned and logical observation. I disagree about him wanting/trying to kill Thanos, but it's certainly within the scope of reason.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I do think Thanos may have had another gear to go to, but I also don't think it would have mattered much because Odin was many levels above Thanos at the time.

He is much stronger now then he was then. Maybe not Odin level but certainly Skyfather level. That was proven when he was allowed to appear before the cosmic pantheon (much to Eternities chagrin). I think Thanos would do much better currently. Well maybe not, seeing as both of them are dead! laughing

A very well reasoned and logical observation. I disagree about him wanting/trying to kill Thanos, but it's certainly within the scope of reason. thumb up Fair enough. We are pretty much on the same page.

quanchi112
If Odin did intend to kill him, he wouldn't have addressed him as a worthy foe by the end, and asked him to yield. Thanos stood up very painfully and refused. How much of this was affected by the fact Thanos was barred from Lady Death's realm at the time? It probably saved him against Odin. Odin thought he was/should have been defeated a few times. He respected his will and as a warrior and gave him the option of surrendering when he saw Thanos was still ready for more.

No, that wasn't addressed at all in this comic.

roughrider
Odin thought he was/should have been defeated a few times. He respected his will and as a warrior and gave him the option of surrendering when he saw Thanos was still ready for more.

No, that wasn't addressed at all in this comic.

Well, I think if it had kept going after that, it was going to end with Odin killing him (if Thanos wasn't barred from entering Death's realm at the time.) Luckily, the Infinity Watch broke it up after that.

quanchi112
Well, I think if it had kept going after that, it was going to end with Odin killing him (if Thanos wasn't barred from entering Death's realm at the time.) Luckily, the Infinity Watch broke it up after that. I don't think the fight was anywhere near close to being finished and we don't know if Thanos would abandone his tactics of just trading energy blasts with him.

Odin is just as lucky as Thanos it was broken up. The issue didn'tmake it seem like Thanos was barred from death at all.

roughrider
I don't think the fight was anywhere near close to being finished and we don't know if Thanos would abandone his tactics of just trading energy blasts with him.

Odin is just as lucky as Thanos it was broken up. The issue didn'tmake it seem like Thanos was barred from death at all.

laughing I'm just laughing at these rationalizations.
Odin was lucky the fight got stopped? He was pimp-slapping Thanos all around Asgard! If he looked annoyed that Thanos was unwilling to surrender, that's because that's all Thanos could do to him - annoy.
This is like saying the Thing was close to defeating Champion during the first Contest Of Champions, when he got beat half to death but still kept staggering around the ring. Champion was impressed enough by Grimm's valour to halt it there. The same thing happened with Odin & Thanos.

quanchi112
laughing I'm just laughing at these rationalizations.
Odin was lucky the fight got stopped? He was pimp-slapping Thanos all around Asgard! If he looked annoyed that Thanos was unwilling to surrender, that's because that's all Thanos could do to him - annoy.
This is like saying the Thing was close to defeating Champion during the first Contest Of Champions, when he got beat half to death but still kept staggering around the ring. Champion was impressed enough by Grimm's valour to halt it there. The same thing happened with Odin & Thanos. Thanos wasn't staggering though. He was mistakenly thought to be defeated.

Odin's words paint a different picture than your twisted interpretation.

roughrider
Thanos wasn't staggering though. He was mistakenly thought to be defeated.

Odin's words paint a different picture than your twisted interpretation.

While fans of Thanos put on their blinders and see what they want to see.

dmills

Odin was lucky? huh Now that's some serious myopia. You can't reason or argue with that right there.

bbrem123
thanos wins...his latest upgrade puts him above thor with odin force

dmills
Originally posted by bbrem123
thanos wins...his latest upgrade puts him above thor with odin force And which upgrade would that be? What feats back up your assertion?

bbrem123
they have been said before and u kno them...

but i will add that in annihilation thanos had studied galactus and how is powers work...and i would say that kinda of knowledge is huge...i wouldnt doubt he got something from that too(just an assumptions tho)

dmills
Originally posted by bbrem123
they have been said before and u kno them...

but i will add that in annihilation thanos had studied galactus and how is powers work...and i would say that kinda of knowledge is huge...i wouldnt doubt he got something from that too(just an assumptions tho) I have short term memory loss. Refersh my memory.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Blasting Galactus from his ship and tumbling across the moon, to me at least, shown an increase in firepower. Granted we have no way to measure such things. Yet, if we take Odin to be in the relative ballpark of Galactus, and Thanos couldn't budge Odin. Then, looking at what he did to Galactus seems to speak towards in increase.

What he did to the Maker is another example. Thanos is rarely ever KO'd yet the Maker KO'd him with one shot. That speaks towards her power and backs up the on cannon words describing her. Yes of course it wasn't the TRUE beyonder in all his glory. Not even close. However, she was made to be a threat and powerful in her own right. Thanos didn't just mind rape her.. He exchanged blasts with her, defeated her, then mind raped her into shutting down.

His battle with DP Tyrant... A battle he went looking for simply for the challenge. We all know what Tyrant did to those high heralds with ease. We all know how his battle went against Galactus. People will say that battle was PIS, but it wasn't, it matched up with everything all characters said. Tyrant was a huge threat and powerful. Thanos tangled with him and knocked him down and stalemated him for a time in a wrestling match. Granted Tyrant was above him and he thus had to leave. However, bare in mind he didn't use his shields or really fight smart in general. Yet, he was right there. In a battle with King Thor or Odin on KMC he would.

Him being allowed to appear at the cosmic counsel speaks towards his powers and place so to speak. Can't quantify anything by that. However, to me it shows the respect and powers higher up feels he had. Shoot even odin commented on his powers being much like hjs in a way.

Those to me are the indications of his increases in power since the Odin fight.

quanchi112
While fans of Thanos put on their blinders and see what they want to see. He was hurt a bit but got to his feet and wanted more.Originally posted by dmills
Odin was lucky? huh Now that's some serious myopia. You can't reason or argue with that right there. That's about as relevant as saying Thanos got lucky.Originally posted by dmills
And which upgrade would that be? What feats back up your assertion? Beating the Maker and flooring Galactus who is a lot more powerful than Odin.

Omega Vision
Thanos is not as powerful as the Odinforce, that's just common sense. Thanos is a low to mid level skyfather (he might be able to take on a Guardian of the Universe, maybe) while the Odinforce is the power of a high-end Skyfather.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Thanos is not as powerful as the Odinforce, that's just common sense. Thanos is a low to mid level skyfather (he might be able to take on a Guardian of the Universe, maybe) while the Odinforce is the power of a high-end Skyfather. No, you are wrong. The Guardians also haven't proven their merit to be anywhere near Thanos or Odin level power.

Thanos was in league with Odin prior to his upgrade which made him capable of launching Galactus a football field or more.

Omega Vision
Guardians have been able to destroy beings like Doomsday and Superboy Prime (technically bfr) so don't act like they aren't powerful. They're like living Green Lantern Rings without the limitations.

Thanos has never been in Odin's league that's an exageration if I've ever seen one. Maybe he's in Odin's league in the sense that the Question was in Lady Shiva's league (he lasted more than three panels).

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Guardians have been able to destroy beings like Doomsday and Superboy Prime (technically bfr) so don't act like they aren't powerful. They're like living Green Lantern Rings without the limitations.

Thanos has never been in Odin's league that's an exageration if I've ever seen one. Maybe he's in Odin's league in the sense that the Question was in Lady Shiva's league (he lasted more than three panels). The Guardians were all assembled together and one reacted desperately and bfr'd him. That looked more like an act of desperation than anything else. DD was causing all sorts of problems with one ring and this version was weaker than the dos version so it really hurts your case more than anything.

Odin's comments and their one on one battle suggest they are.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.