John Preston vs. Riddick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
Riddick inadvertently enters a wormhole while traveling through space.

He ends up on John Preston's future Earth.

Riddick gets uppity with the initial investigators and ends up killing them with his blades.

John Preston is sent in to "clean up."

They meet in a warehouse...some rooms are completely dark, some rooms are not.

Match them up in the following scenarios:

1. John Preston has his automatic handguns and Riddick has any gun he used in the movies (to be amended if I'm forgetting that he used a BFG type gun.)

2. Bladed weapons: John gets his katana and Riddick gets his knife/blades.

I'll follow up with some images and maybe some alternate bullshit...depending on if I forgot something.

In the mean time, get this debate started.

Kazenji
Who's John Preston ?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kazenji
Who's John Preston ?

Google is your friend?

wl71js_Cne0

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
Google is your friend?

wl71js_Cne0

what is google? isn't google a virus?? big grin

I think Preston takes the majority

Rogue Jedi
Preston pwns Riddick with guns, Riddick pwns Preston with blades, 11/10.

Robtard
Don't know, Preston can cut a fool's face clean off. That is levels of bad-ass I don't think Riddick ever achieved.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Don't know, Preston can cut a fool's face clean off. That is levels of bad-ass I don't think Riddick ever achieved.

You're so sexy. cry

Rogue Jedi
Don't know, Preston can cut a fool's face clean off. That is levels of bad-ass I don't think Riddick ever achieved. Riddick versus a shitload of Necromongers, pwning them left and right with his blades, that trumps Preston defacing one brotherman.

There is no comparison here, Riddick will gut Preston like a fish.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Riddick versus a shitload of Necromongers, pwning them left and right with his blades, that trumps Preston defacing one brotherman.

Watch the video I posted. That's just one of dozens or even hundreds of the world's most highly trained soldiers. Preston was that much better than they were.

IMO, Cleric soliders>necros. big grin

Rogue Jedi
Watch the video I posted. That's just one of dozens or even hundreds of the world's most highly trained soldiers. Preston was that much better than they were. With GUNS, dude, NOT with a blade. He pwned them with his GUNS.

dadudemon
With GUNS, dude, NOT with a blade. He pwned them with his GUNS.

He also pwned the best of the best clerics with his sword. big grin

Rogue Jedi
He also pwned the best of he best cleric's with his sword. big grin One man. And a large part of that was trickery, he thought Preston was this good, when he was that good.

Kazenji
Google is your friend?

Well durrr..........i did that

i needed a bit more info since theres more then one John Preston related to movies

but nevermind i know who he is now from that vid.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well durrr..........i did that

i needed a bit more info since theres more then one John Preston related to movies

but nevermind i know who he is now from that vid. Youtube "Equilibrium John Preston."

Kazenji
Youtube "Equilibrium John Preston."

I know what Equilibrium is........but before dadudemon posted that vid i did'nt know which John Preston

never mind go read my previous post.

golem370
I go with Riddick for not looking like a pansy and being hell of alot cooler

Robtard
Originally posted by golem370
I go with Riddick for not looking like a pansy and being hell of alot cooler

WTF? Preston's body in many times more ripped (and sexy) than the bulky Riddick, who should really drop about 3-4% body-fat.

Robtard
Riddick versus a shitload of Necromongers, pwning them left and right with his blades, that trumps Preston defacing one brotherman.

Necros for little more than cannon fodder.

Preston's calm aggro and blood-bath was more impressive. There's also the scene where he beat to death 5-6 guys with the butt of his guns; that was pure sex.

dadudemon

Preston's calm aggro and blood-bath was more impressive. There's also the scene where he beat to death 5-6 guys with the butt of his guns; that was pure sex.

The way RJ and I discussed it, Preston is more....trained, professional, precise, clean. Whereas Riddick is more of a brawler/berserker...compared to Preston. However, Riddick is still very skilled and martial arty...just compared to Preston's style, it is more berserker.

Robtard
The way RJ and I discussed it, Preston is more....trained, professional, precise, clean. Whereas Riddick is more of a brawler/berserker...compared to Preston. However, Riddick is still very skilled and martial arty...just compared to Preston's style, it is more berserker.

And with all his berserkiness, he'd probably get his ****ing face cut off.

http://www.moviedeaths.com/equilibrium/brandt/

Blinky
It's clear that Riddick would get a bunch of free glory-holes in a gun fight.

Can anybody post some you-tube clips of both fighting with blades? I'm too f*cking lazy to look. It's been awhile since I've seen any of the Riddick movies and a long-ass time since I've seen Equilibrium. Anyways are you guys counting that Riddick cartoon?

Ms.Marvel
vin diesel is cooler and much more hunkish in every way than christian fail so he gets a win from me yes

Rogue Jedi

Preston's calm aggro and blood-bath was more impressive. There's also the scene where he beat to death 5-6 guys with the butt of his guns; that was pure sex. Those guys were pretty much just beat cops.

dadudemon
Those guys were pretty much just beat cops.

No, you mean the world's most skilled and heavily trained soldiers. All the cleric enforcers pass through the same school as everyone else: each being taught gun kata, H2H combat techniques, rules, etc.

Rogue Jedi
Proof of that?

dadudemon
Proof of that?

The movie.

KingD19
John was the best and the most highly trained one, everyone else was either like a regular cop, or a security guard. Just like the highly skilled Necromongers were nothing to Riddick.

dadudemon
All law enforcement involved in the field destruction and retreival of EC-10 rated materials are done by the clerics. The clerics are the apex of the tetragrammaton(SP?) military.

Originally posted by KingD19
John was the best and the most highly trained one, everyone else was either like a regular cop, or a security guard. Just like the highly skilled Necromongers were nothing to Riddick.

I agree that he was the best, based on movie feats. However, he wasn't the most highly trained. He just happened to be the best. He received the same training everyone else did.

And, yes, I agree with your analogy. To Riddick, the necro's were almost fodder. To a regular human, they'd be quite formidable. Same with the Clerics compared to Preston. Edit - The Clerics were so uber that the resistance or other people taking part in EC-10 goods stood no chance against them. However, the Clerics stood no chance against Preston.

Same with the Necros compared to Riddick.

Rogue Jedi
John was the best and the most highly trained one, everyone else was either like a regular cop, or a security guard. Just like the highly skilled Necromongers were nothing to Riddick. This was what I meant, well said.

People are forgetting Riddick pwning the alien creatures in Pitch Black. Could Preston match that feat? No way no how. Just like Preston would not have been able to go up against the Necros like Riddick did and survive.

Preston kills one man with a blade and all of a sudden he can beat Riddick with a blade. Laughable really.

Riddick is stronger, more durable, an all around better fighter.

Rogue Jedi
BTW, you pwned me here on the Ranger thing:

http://riddick.wikia.com/wiki/Richard_B._Riddick

haermm

Rogue Jedi
Here ya go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_B._Riddick#Physical_abilities

Physical abilities
Aside from his more supernatural skills, Riddick is in excellent physical condition and is an exceptional fighter with or without the use of his eyes. Whether as a result of his Furyan heritage or simple training, Riddick is portrayed in both films as being stronger, faster, tougher, more resistant to damage and injury, possessing more acute senses, immense stamina, and recovering more quickly than most humans from injuries; he is shown on more than one occasion dislocating his limbs for brief moments with only slight signs of discomfort. In general, Riddick possesses an abnormally high pain threshold and psychologically channels what pain he does feel into anger.

Riddick's abilities at hand-to-hand combat are particularly formidable, confronting one of the night-creatures of Pitch Black with only his bare hands and a shiv he had made, breaking its neck, as well as defeating one of the Lord Marshall's best Necromonger warriors in a matter of seconds in Chronicles.

Intelligence
Despite his harsh upbringing and violent attitude, Riddick has been shown to have a certain knack for deduction, rapidly concluding what had happened to the original inhabitants of the mining base where he and the other crash survivors had been staying, as well as finding the creature's blind spot in Pitch Black and swiftly deducing what had caused the firefight between the wardens and Toombs' men in Chronicles. He has also been described as having "a knack for escape", surviving not only the Lord Marshall's purge of the Furyans when he was an infant but subsequently escaping from various prisons over the course of his life. He is also able to quickly judge the quality of, and find even seemingly minor flaws in most weaponry, down to very specific details. In one case, Riddick concluded that the prized dagger of a Necromonger was "half a gram too heavy on the back end" after an inspection lasting all of a couple seconds. His only weakness (other than light sensitivity, leaving him in pain when in daylight without his goggles), as stated in the Pitch Black DVD, is his soft spot for children and anyone who really grows on him (those people become his friends), which resulted in his capture by the bounty hunter Johns (Cole Hauser).

In addition to raw analytical power, Riddick is generally an astute judge of character, especially in the dark side of human nature. A killer himself and resident of almost one hundred maximum security facilities, he is often able to predict an individual's negative impulses before they act on them. He has been known to be surprised on occasion, such as when Carolyn Fry in Pitch Black altruistically gave up a fast escape to save Jack (Kyra) and Imam from the alien creatures, and underestimated Jack's (Kyra's) affection toward him between Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick, only learning of it after she had become a mercenary and resident of a maximum security slam. Otherwise, he correctly predicted which of the group in Pitch Black would turn on each other (in particular that Johns would try to double-cross Fry), and that the mercs and guards on Crematoria would turn on each other prior to his escape attempt.

Willpower
One major characteristic of Riddick is his indomitable will. Despite finding himself in situations where the odds of survival and/or escape would seem insurmountable, Riddick always pushes forward and never gives up. Faced with several creatures far more powerful than himself, or any other human for that matter, he has shown himself to be capable of evading, killing, or even taming them. He has escaped out of prisons when most prisoners would resign themselves to captivity. When Riddick was mentally probed by the Quasi-Dead of the Necromongers, he not only resisted them, but also retaliated, the Quasi-Dead's containers actually exploding from the strain of trying to process Riddick. Given the Necromongers' apparent faith in and respect for the power of the Quasi-Dead, this is a very impressive feat. Perhaps even greater was his ability to resist the Lord Marshall's attempt to steal his soul.

Dunno what else is need to show that Riddick is way superior to Preston, who is human. A badass highly trained human, but still human.

Quincy
Preston

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quincy
Preston With guns? Yes. With Blades? Well....

Here ya go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_B._Riddick#Physical_abilities

Physical abilities
Aside from his more supernatural skills, Riddick is in excellent physical condition and is an exceptional fighter with or without the use of his eyes. Whether as a result of his Furyan heritage or simple training, Riddick is portrayed in both films as being stronger, faster, tougher, more resistant to damage and injury, possessing more acute senses, immense stamina, and recovering more quickly than most humans from injuries; he is shown on more than one occasion dislocating his limbs for brief moments with only slight signs of discomfort. In general, Riddick possesses an abnormally high pain threshold and psychologically channels what pain he does feel into anger.

Riddick's abilities at hand-to-hand combat are particularly formidable, confronting one of the night-creatures of Pitch Black with only his bare hands and a shiv he had made, breaking its neck, as well as defeating one of the Lord Marshall's best Necromonger warriors in a matter of seconds in Chronicles.

Intelligence
Despite his harsh upbringing and violent attitude, Riddick has been shown to have a certain knack for deduction, rapidly concluding what had happened to the original inhabitants of the mining base where he and the other crash survivors had been staying, as well as finding the creature's blind spot in Pitch Black and swiftly deducing what had caused the firefight between the wardens and Toombs' men in Chronicles. He has also been described as having "a knack for escape", surviving not only the Lord Marshall's purge of the Furyans when he was an infant but subsequently escaping from various prisons over the course of his life. He is also able to quickly judge the quality of, and find even seemingly minor flaws in most weaponry, down to very specific details. In one case, Riddick concluded that the prized dagger of a Necromonger was "half a gram too heavy on the back end" after an inspection lasting all of a couple seconds. His only weakness (other than light sensitivity, leaving him in pain when in daylight without his goggles), as stated in the Pitch Black DVD, is his soft spot for children and anyone who really grows on him (those people become his friends), which resulted in his capture by the bounty hunter Johns (Cole Hauser).

In addition to raw analytical power, Riddick is generally an astute judge of character, especially in the dark side of human nature. A killer himself and resident of almost one hundred maximum security facilities, he is often able to predict an individual's negative impulses before they act on them. He has been known to be surprised on occasion, such as when Carolyn Fry in Pitch Black altruistically gave up a fast escape to save Jack (Kyra) and Imam from the alien creatures, and underestimated Jack's (Kyra's) affection toward him between Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick, only learning of it after she had become a mercenary and resident of a maximum security slam. Otherwise, he correctly predicted which of the group in Pitch Black would turn on each other (in particular that Johns would try to double-cross Fry), and that the mercs and guards on Crematoria would turn on each other prior to his escape attempt.

Willpower
One major characteristic of Riddick is his indomitable will. Despite finding himself in situations where the odds of survival and/or escape would seem insurmountable, Riddick always pushes forward and never gives up. Faced with several creatures far more powerful than himself, or any other human for that matter, he has shown himself to be capable of evading, killing, or even taming them. He has escaped out of prisons when most prisoners would resign themselves to captivity. When Riddick was mentally probed by the Quasi-Dead of the Necromongers, he not only resisted them, but also retaliated, the Quasi-Dead's containers actually exploding from the strain of trying to process Riddick. Given the Necromongers' apparent faith in and respect for the power of the Quasi-Dead, this is a very impressive feat. Perhaps even greater was his ability to resist the Lord Marshall's attempt to steal his soul.

Dunno what else is need to show that Riddick is way superior to Preston, who is human. A badass highly trained human, but still human.

Quincy
One man. And a large part of that was trickery, he thought Preston was this good, when he was that good.

Nah you dont know what you're talking about.

Preston was surrounded in a small circle by the highest guard of clerics, with no weapon. He was completely encircled, stole a sword, and killed them all in seconds.

So you probs shouldn't bank on "Preston beats one sword guy" argument.

dadudemon

Sure, Riddick is more durable than Preston.

Yup, his vision is better than a Preston's.

And, yup, Riddick is stronger than Preston.

Doesn't change the fact that Preston is more skilled and faster with a bladed weapon than Riddick.

Quincy
Speed blitz ftw

Rogue Jedi
I guess you two didnt read "physical abilities."

Quincy
K ignore me.

Yeah that wikipedia page says "He's fast and he's strong and he's a formidable fighter."

Oh and he can dislocate his limbs...which is....useful?

Rogue Jedi
Nah you dont know what you're talking about.

Preston was surrounded in a small circle by the highest guard of clerics, with no weapon. He was completely encircled, stole a sword, and killed them all in seconds.

So you probs shouldn't bank on "Preston beats one sword guy" argument. And those guys were mere humans, highly trained badass humans, but humans nonetheless. They were trained the same as Preston apparently, so he knows their capabilities.

Riddick against Irgun. Riddick is unarmed, Irgun attacks, Riddick, evades, takes the knife from Irgun's back, and kills him with it.

Riddick, he knew shit about the Necros, he went up against them and pwned in epic proportions. I cannot find a youtube vid of it, but Riddick killed at least 40 Necromongers in a couple of minutes (I just watched the scene.) That trumps any feat Preston has to offer.

Necromongers are obviously superior to humans, Faako lifts one human over his head like a rag doll. Superior strength. And they are harder to kill. Remember the scene where the Necros are attacking New Mecca? That one Necro, the one who thrust the staff in the ground, it took several shots to take him down. And the Necro who had the knife in his back? He wasn't slown down, not even a little bit. Add the fact that they wear heavy armor and Riddick still mowed them down like they were nothing, yeah, put Preston in that situation and he gets pwned.

More proof Necros are superior to humans? When that inmate tackled Faako, Faako spun at him like a ninja and killed him by lifting him over his head, as if he weighed nothing, and broke his back.

So, Riddick killed 40ish Necros in one sitting, while Preston killed 4 or so clerics in one sitting. Necros are superior than and harder to kill than humans. Do the math, Riddick is the better killer of the two, unless Preston has his guns. Riddick pwns Preston with blade, h2h, any scenario where Preston has no guns. To deny this is to ignore screen feats, which Riddick pwns Preston in. Throw in Riddicks FAR superior physical attributes, and you've got one dead cleric. Faster, stronger, far more resistant to pain, superior in every imaginable way.

dadudemon
Riddick, he knew shit about the Necros, he went up against them and pwned in epic proportions. I cannot find a youtube vid of it, but Riddick killed at least 40 Necromongers in a couple of minutes (I just watched the scene.) That trumps any feat Preston has to offer.

And Preston took out 20+, fully automatic, armored, clerics in mere seconds. Clerics that have bene trained to dodge gunfire in a way that would make any Necro salivate. big grin

That trumps any scene Riddick has been in. awesome

On top of that, he took out an entire room of the top bladed Clerics...the absolute best clerics, all without having a blade at all, in just mere little measly seconds. awesome awesome awesome awesome

See, RJ, this is what I've been talking about. Sure, Riddick is fast, strong, has great sense; but he's not as fast as Preston and he's not as skilled with a blade or a gun. All of that Necro strength means nothing to Preston becaue they won't even touch him.

KingD19
He's also got that ill defined Wrath of the Furyans thing.

Quincy
And those guys were mere humans, highly trained badass humans, but humans nonetheless. They were trained the same as Preston apparently, so he knows their capabilities.

Riddick against Irgun. Riddick is unarmed, Irgun attacks, Riddick, evades, takes the knife from Irgun's back, and kills him with it.

Necromongers are obviously superior to humans, Faako lifts one human over his head like a rag doll. Superior strength. And they are harder to kill. Remember the scene where the Necros are attacking New Mecca? That one Necro, the one who thrust the staff in the ground, it took several shots to take him down. And the Necro who had the knife in his back? He wasn't slown down, not even a little bit. Add the fact that they wear heavy armor and Riddick still mowed them down like they were nothing, yeah, put Preston in that situation and he gets pwned.

More proof Necros are superior to humans? When that inmate tackled Faako, Faako spun at him like a ninja and killed him by lifting him over his head, as if he weighed nothing, and broke his back.

So, Riddick killed 40ish Necros in one sitting, while Preston killed 4 or so clerics in one sitting. Necros are superior than and harder to kill than humans. Do the math, Riddick is the better killer of the two, unless Preston has his guns. Riddick pwns Preston with blade, h2h, any scenario where Preston has no guns. To deny this is to ignore screen feats, which Riddick pwns Preston in. Throw in Riddicks FAR superior physical attributes, and you've got one dead cleric. Faster, stronger, far more resistant to pain, superior in every imaginable way.

Well, I think you are looking at it a little out of whack. Your statements make it seem that because there are no necros in the Equilibrium-Verse, that makes Riddick the more obviously talented - because he's killed them.

Tell me, do any humans kill a Necro? If so, than your whole argument is moot.

As for the better killer comment, in The Chronicles of Riddick, Riddick kills 67 people.

In Equilibrium, John Preston kills 118 people. Just putting some perspective on it.

A Necro can be as strong as shit, as your evidence states, but it's pointless if your opponent is more skilled in fighting and is faster. I havent seen a Necro kill anyone as quickly and efficiently as Preston has throughout the entire movie.

EvilAngel
Preston in both.

Good idea as Riddick is pretty badass, but that isn't enough to cut it against a Cleric stick out tongue

Quincy
Hinata knows

Rogue Jedi
Well, I think you are looking at it a little out of whack. Your statements make it seem that because there are no necros in the Equilibrium-Verse, that makes Riddick the more obviously talented - because he's killed them.

Tell me, do any humans kill a Necro? If so, than your whole argument is moot.

As for the better killer comment, in The Chronicles of Riddick, Riddick kills 67 people.

In Equilibrium, John Preston kills 118 people. Just putting some perspective on it.

A Necro can be as strong as shit, as your evidence states, but it's pointless if your opponent is more skilled in fighting and is faster. I havent seen a Necro kill anyone as quickly and efficiently as Preston has throughout the entire movie.

Whacked how? You are missing my point. Lets say, for arguments sake, that Necros and clerics are on the same level. Preston killed like 4 in one sitting, while Riddick killed over 40 in one sitting.

Yes, a necro is killed by a human, the one who thrusts the staff in the ground on new Mecca, he is killed by several humans. Point?

The better killer WITH A BLADE is Riddick, how many did Preston kill with a blade? Under 10 throughout the movie, if I remember correctly, he killed the majority of them with his guns.

So no Necro killed as fast as Preston, so what? Point is Riddick killed far more Necros than Preston killed clerics with a blade, and he did so faster and more efficiently than Preston did.

Robtard
Whacked how? You are missing my point. Lets say, for arguments sake, that Necros and clerics are on the same level. Preston killed like 4 in one sitting, while Riddick killed over 40 in one sitting.

Yes, a necro is killed by a human, the one who thrusts the staff in the ground on new Mecca, he is killed by several humans. Point?

The better killer WITH A BLADE is Riddick, how many did Preston kill with a blade? Under 10 throughout the movie, if I remember correctly, he killed the majority of them with his guns.

So no Necro killed as fast as Preston, so what? Point is Riddick killed far more Necros than Preston killed clerics with a blade, and he did so faster and more efficiently than Preston did.

But they're not, which is the point. A Grammaton Cleric is far superior to a Necromonger. Head and shoulders above.

Preston is/was a total bad-ass with a sword. His Katana would also give him a considerable edge over Riddick's knife. This is enough to offset Riddick's super-human abilities.

IMO, Riddick get's his face cut off.

Rogue Jedi
But they're not, which is the point. A Grammaton Cleric is far superior to a Necromonger. Head and shoulders above.

Preston is/was a total bad-ass with a sword. His Katana would also give him a considerable edge over Riddick's knife. This is enough to offset Riddick's super-human abilities. Far superior? If you mean highly trained and better at killing, I agree, but Necros are harder to kill. Riddick killed more Necros with a blade than Preston did with a blade, it's simple math. 40 plus killed versus 4-5 killed. What is being done here is like comparing Marv from Sin City (Riddick) to McClane (Preston.) McClane is uber badass, but pit him against Marv h2h and Mac gets pwned.

So Preston has a longer blade. Preston attacks, Riddick blocks with one blade, then guts Preston with the other.

dadudemon

Actually, no, Riddick did not kill faster and more efficiently that Preston, with his blades. The exact opposite is true. That's what we've been trying to get across to you throughout several posts.

Not only is Preston better with a bladed weapon, he's so good at it that he can even start withOUT a bladed weapon and still slay more people per second, than Riddick can while starting WITH a blade.

Robtard
Far superior? If you mean highly trained and better at killing, I agree, but Necros are harder to kill. Riddick killed more Necros with a blade than Preston did with a blade, it's simple math. 40 plus killed versus 4-5 killed. What is being done here is like comparing Marv from Sin City (Riddick) to McClane (Preston.) McClane is uber badass, but pit him against Marv h2h and Mac gets pwned.

So Preston has a longer blade. Preston attacks, Riddick blocks with one blade, then guts Preston with the other.

When those superior skills make you nigh-impossible to hit, I'd wager that would translate into the "harder to kill" category.

I could easily script out a fight where Preston guts Riddick, so doing that is pointless. Blocking a katana with a knife isn't that easy. Fact remains, a katana is far superior vs a knife in an open fight.

Someone asked for Preston's feats, here's a few of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENh3sQuOmf8

Edit: LOLZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxkr4wS7XqY&feature=related LOLZ <-- unrelated, but funny.

Robtard

Not only is Preston better with a bladed weapon, he's so good at it that he can even start withOUT a bladed weapon and still slay more people per second, than Riddick can while starting WITH a blade.

To further the point, there are multiple scenes where Preston starts weaponless and destroys mother****ers with a combo of hand attacks and using his opponents weapons against them. So there's a chance he could use Riddick's knives against him.

dadudemon
40 plus killed versus 4-5 killed.

That's not accurate, now is it?

TbP2djP0h5g

Seems that Preston takes out quite a bit more than 4 or 5 in that final sword fight scene...and in just mere seconds.

Robtard
8(9?) guys in 12 seconds, starting off with no weapon of his own. That's one death every 1.5 seconds.

Rogue Jedi
Right, I miscounted. Still, 8 to 9 guys in seconds compared to Riddick killing 40 plus Necros just as fast, with SHORTER blades, BONG, trumped. Not to mention Preston is a king shit cleric, he knew their training, he knew how they would react, while Riddick took on the Necros not having a clue as to their methods.

Ms.Marvel

Edit: LOLZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxkr4wS7XqY&feature=related LOLZ <-- unrelated, but funny.

AHMEHGAWD. crylaugh

why are they screaming so much? lol

Robtard
Right, I miscounted. Still, 8 to 9 guys in seconds compared to Riddick killing 40 plus Necros just as fast, with SHORTER blades, BONG, trumped. Not to mention Preston is a king shit cleric, he knew their training, he knew how they would react, while Riddick took on the Necros not having a clue as to their methods.

Riddick didn't kill that many that fast, dude.

Cleric's are superior fighters. Necros are shit, with the exception of a few with notable skills/talent. For the most part, they're brainwashed civilians from conquered planets. Their weapons are also slow.

So Preston both kills faster, kills more lethal opponents and does so often without a weapon(s) of his own. Put THAT in your bong and smoke it.

Ms.Marvel
i remember a scene where riddick like threw his knives in the air backflipped over a necromonger punched him/used the necros weapon in his hand against him then still managed to catch the knives before they hit someone else. so thats still pretty fast all things considering. not faster than preston but fast enough to kill 9/10 guys in a short amount of time.

Leytenánt Book
You also have to take into account that Riddick was on a completely dark planet fighting flying animals that pretty much all they did was kill things that weren't them. Well, until the things that weren't them ran out.

Rogue Jedi
Riddick didn't kill that many that fast, dude.

Cleric's are superior fighters. Necros are shit, with the exception of a few with notable skills/talent. For the most part, they're brainwashed civilians from conquered planets. Their weapons are also slow.

So Preston both kills faster, kills more lethal opponents and does so often without a weapon(s) of his own. Put THAT in your bong and smoke it. I acknowledged Clerics are superior fighters, what you need to acknowledge is that Necros are way harder to kill.

Preston killed by OSPing a sword, so what? Riddick improvised a shiv from the wreckage in Pitch Black and pwned with it. He also entered the Necro ship unarmed, killed one of the Lord Marshalls best, and strolled out.

And if you watch Chronicles, yes, there are clips from the fight scene on Crematoria where Riddick kills even FASTER than Preston. AND he was under energy weapon fire the entire time. The first time Preston swings his sword, Riddick is gonna counter, rush in, and break his neck.

Ask yourself this, what if Preston had been surrounded by 45 clerics instead of the 8-9? AND they were all firing on him AND attacking with swords?

Bottom line is that Riddicks onscreen feats with a blade are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY superior too Prestons with a blade. Think about that a second, take a reality pill and get back to me.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i remember a scene where riddick like threw his knives in the air backflipped over a necromonger punched him/used the necros weapon in his hand against him then still managed to catch the knives before they hit someone else. so thats still pretty fast all things considering. not faster than preston but fast enough to kill 9/10 guys in a short amount of time. No, that IS faster than Preston and trumps any physical feat Preston has to offer.

Riddick: 45 kills.

Preston: 9 kills.

Do the math, people.

Ms.Marvel
i dont think it was 45 by himself though remember kara and those other two guys who had escaped with him were there fighting too.

Rogue Jedi
There were alot more than 45 killed, I watched the scene several times, Riddick killed 45ish by himself.

Robtard
I acknowledged Clerics are superior fighters, what you need to acknowledge is that Necros are way harder to kill.

Necros can take more damage, but they're not harder to kill. A guy you can't hit is harder to kill than a guy who can take extra damage before he falls.

Rogue Jedi
Necros can take more damage, but they're not harder to kill. A guy you can't hit is harder to kill than a guy who can take extra damage before he falls. So on that note, would Riggs be harder to kill than McClane?

Robtard
So on that note, would Riggs be harder to kill than McClane?

Riggs doesn't have some super-human-like ability to avoid bullets/attacks.

Rogue Jedi
Riggs doesn't have some super-human-like ability to avoid bullets/attacks. Answer the question, who is harder to kill? Riggs or McClane?

dadudemon
Answer the question, who is harder to kill? Riggs or McClane?

Riggs.

Riggs is so hard to kill that he can't even kill himself.

Baddoom doom. Thank you, I'll be here all night.

Robtard
Answer the question, who is harder to kill? Riggs or McClane?

McClane, as he's escaped harder situations.

Your question is irrelevant(and loaded) based on the "can't get hit" angle, like I said, Riggs doesn't have the ability to completely avoid attacks, like a Cleric does. Riggs has been hit many a time throughout the LW films, notably when Jet Li ****ed his shit up, he's also been shot.

Rogue Jedi
McClane, as he's escaped harder situations.

Your question is irrelevant(and loaded) based on the "harder to hit angle", like I said, Riggs doesn't have the ability to completely avoid attacks, like a Cleric does. Riggs has been hit many a time throughout the LW films, notably when Jet Li ****ed his shit up. Right, Mac is harder to kill, even though Riggs is technically a better fighter and is more flashy than Mac. It's an analogy that I am hoping puts things in perspective for you. See, right now you are where I was when I was convinced that Riggs pwns Mac. See, Preston is all graceful and kills with a sword all flashy and shit, while Riddick is the more McClane of the two, he relies on brute force and making shit up as he goes. Death by teacup, dude.

You also got the 45 kills to 9 thing.

PWNED.

Robtard
Right, Mac is harder to kill, even though Riggs is technically a better fighter and is more flashy than Mac. It's an analogy that I am hoping puts things in perspective for you. See, right now you are where I was when I was convinced that Riggs pwns Mac. See, Preston is all graceful and kills with a sword all flashy and shit, while Riddick is the more McClane of the two, he relies on brute force and making shit up as he goes. Death by teacup, dude.

You also got the 45 kills to 9 thing.

PWNED.

No, not really. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Both Riggs and McClane get hit, they're not like Preston/Clerics who simply does not get hit, except by others with the Gunkata training.

That teacup was a bad-ass move, it wouldn't hit Preston though.

dadudemon
Edit.

Preston killed more people in Equilibrium than Riddick did in his film.

Preston killed about a forth of the number of people Riddick did in his film, but he only used a blade very briefly in the film. Riddick wsa using one practically the whole time. It's not a parallel comparison. However, we can say that John is the better as he doesn't even get touched by those he fights whereas Riddick does.

Rogue Jedi
No, not really. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Both Riggs and McClane get hit, they're not like Preston/Clerics who simply does not get hit, except by others with the Gunkata training.

That teacup was a bad-ass move, it wouldn't hit Preston though.

It's not apples and oranges, man, it's a fair analogy in every aspect.

Clerics are not trained to fight someone like Riddick. They are trained to fight sense offenders, which, if we go by what was seen in the movie, are shit. Naturally a cleric versus a cleric will usually be a good fight because they are trained the same, and when you take someone like Preston, who is a cut above the rest, yeah, he is gonna pwn any other cleric, because he is better at what he does, AND he knows their moves, he KNOWS what they will do before they do it. He showed this versus Taye Diggs, he knew how and when he would atttack and exploited it. Versus Riddick, Preston will have no clue to Riddicks fighting style. Nor will he be able to match Riddicks speed, stamina, endurance, or brute force. Preston will be completely outmatched in every imaginable way.

Robtard
It's not apples and oranges, man, it's a fair analogy in every aspect.

Clerics are not trained to fight someone like Riddick. They are trained to fight sense offenders, which, if we go by what was seen in the movie, are shit. Naturally a cleric versus a cleric will usually be a good fight because they are trained the same, and when you take someone like Preston, who is a cut above the rest, yeah, he is gonna pwn any other cleric, because he is better at what he does, AND he knows their moves, he KNOWS what they will do before they do it. He showed this versus Taye Diggs, he knew how and when he would atttack and exploited it. Versus Riddick, Preston will have no clue to Riddicks fighting style. Nor will he be able to match Riddicks speed, stamina, endurance, or brute force. Preston will be completely outmatched in every imaginable way.

Apples to Oranges, sir.

The same holds for Riddick, he has no idea of Preston's style in avoiding attacks. So, your point is pointless here.

What we do know, Preston doesn't get touched and he kills more guys and does it faster, many a time with no starting weapon. He also fights harder to kill opponents, ie other Clerics.

dadudemon
Clerics are not trained to fight someone like Riddick.

Explicityly? No. But, by that argument, anyone from any other unrelated movie against the other character falls under this same exact category.

Generally? Yes. Preston is more than trained well enough to fight someone like Riddick.

They are trained to fight sense offenders, which, if we go by what was seen in the movie, are shit.

Well, if you consider that there were what...a dozen of them with automatics all on the edge of a the room. Preston busts right in, takes them all out. He was in the center of the room with no cover...and he still took them all out. The gap between Riddick and Preston his huge. Preston versus a bunch of Necros: it woudl be a slaughter as those slow moving bulky Necros would be easier targets. Preston would lay-waste to them like they were stationary targets.

Versus Riddick, Preston will have no clue to Riddicks fighting style.

Again, this is a logical fallacy. The same holds true for Riddick. Riddick isn't going to have a clue about Preston's fighting style. Neither will know each others'.

Nor will he be able to match Riddicks speed,

Preston will be able to match Riddick's speed, only if Preston slows down. no expression

stamina,

Arguable. Preston did not show fatigue after taking out dozens upon dozens of Clerics. Not even winded. We do see Riddick getting worn out by his fight with Lord Marshal.

endurance,

Arguable. Again, Preston was not fatigued and we see Riddick getting fatigued.

or brute force.

Agreed.

Preston will be completely outmatched in every imaginable way.

You've got that grossly wrong.

Riddick only has Preston in Durability, Strength, and sight.

Edit - Preston has Riddick in speed, bladed skill, gun skill, intelligence, endurance, evasiveness, agility, and even clothing style.

Rogue Jedi
Apples to Oranges, sir.

The same holds for Riddick, he has no idea of Preston's style in avoiding attacks. So, your point is pointless here.

What we do know, Preston doesn't get touched and he kills more guys and does it faster, many a time with no starting weapon. He also fights harder to kill opponents, ie other Clerics.

Riddick had no idea how the Necros would attack, and he cut through them like wet toilet paper. Surround Preston with 45 Clerics, and throw in the fact that he has no idea of their training or fighting style, he gets pwned like a drunk cheerleadr on prom night.

And Riddick got touched? He killed 45 Necros taking no damage. He was touched, yes, as in skin on skin contact, but he took ZERO damage.

Necros are harder to kill than Clerics, man. There's really no room for argument here.

dadudemon
Riddick had no idea how the Necros would attack, and he cut through them like wet toilet paper. Surround Preston with 45 Clerics, and throw in the fact that he has no idea of their training or fighting style, he gets pwned like a drunk cheerleadr on prom night.

Logical fallacy.

Preston was surrounded by 8-9 clerics, with no weapons, and he pwned them all like they were nothing.

He was almost completely surrounded by 20+ clerics, each having body armor, and fully automatic assault rifles. So, we almost have that same exact scenario.

Also, Riddick was not surrounded by 40+ Necros.

Throw Riddick into the same Scenarios Preston was put in and he either ends up as swiss cheese or he ends up in pieces on the floor.

And Riddick got touched? He killed 45 Necros taking no damage.

Correction, he got blasted like 20 feet into the air by one of those guns, had to brawl with them with punches, slams, etc., and took a few hits.

Necros are harder to kill than Clerics, man. There's really no room for argument here.

Incorrect. 1 average cleric could take out 20+ Necros without effort....and that's even with the Necros being armed.

Rogue Jedi
Logical fallacy.

Preston was surrounded by 8-9 clerics, with no weapons, and he pwned them all like they were nothing. Same as Riddick did with 45 Necros.

And Preston was armed with guns the whole time. I already acknowledged Preston pwns Riddick with guns. Stop backpedaling.

But they were coming at him from all angles, AND they had guns. The 8-9 clerics had no guns. Pwned.

Nah, Riddick grabs a blade and does the same as Preston did.

That was at the end, Faako did a ***** move and attacked Riddick while Riddick was engaged in combat. Truth be told, dude at the desk shoulda grabbed his gun and shot Preston while Preston was fighting the other clerics. Pwned.

Bullshit. Clerics fight average humans. Necros are far superior to an average human. Clerics are badass, but they fight half ass sense offenders who cannot shoot for shit.

dadudemon
Same as Riddick did with 45 Necros.

Cept he wasn't surrounded.

And Preston was armed with guns the whole time. I already acknowledged Preston pwns Riddick with guns. Stop backpedaling.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it isn't a counter to your point.

But they were coming at him from all angles, AND they had guns. The 8-9 clerics had no guns. Pwned.

Correct. You pwned yourself. Riddick had weapons, Preston didn't. Riddick wasn't surrounded, Preston was. Preston was in multiple scenarios where he was literally surrounded from all sides, Riddick wasn't.

Nah, Riddick grabs a blade and does the same as Preston did.

Post it.

That was at the end, Faako did a ***** move and attacked Riddick while Riddick was engaged in combat.

Again, self pwnage. The point was still a counter to yours. Just because you don't like what happened in the movie, doesn't mean it didn't happen. It happened. You said something that was wrong.

Truth be told, dude at the desk shoulda grabbed his gun and shot Preston while Preston was fighting the other clerics. Pwned.

Truth be told, that would have been out of his character. He was all about NOT having to lift a finger living a posh life as the hypocritcal father. Also, there was no reason for him to assume Preston wouldn't be slashed to pieces by 8-9 of the top clerics.

Bullshit. Clerics fight average humans. Necros are far superior to an average human. Clerics are badass, but they fight half ass sense offenders who cannot shoot for shit.

That logic works just fine until you consider Preston took out the Clerics just as easily as he did the humans. Pwned.

Quincy
I can see RJ's argument having some leg to stand on if Preston had struggled to defeat the clerics in the final scene, but he didn't. Who's to say he couldn't take out 40-45ish (by RJ's count) as well? We could say "Oh no he def couldn't" if Preston was getting his ass-kicked and won barely - but he didn't - Preston cleaned house with little to no effort.

Rogue Jedi
Cept he wasn't surrounded. They were coming at him from all angles, tow and three at a time and shit, it's the same.

It's not a counter in any way. You are using Prestons fighting with guns as a crutch, as if it has any bearing on his h2h skills. It doesnt. Pwned, get over it.

Preston was in three scenarios where he was surrounded, two of them he had his guns. In two of them, his victims were regular police. And stop with the whole "Riddick was never surrounded" shit, he had Necros coming at him from all around him. Wait, all around him.....SURROUNDED.....pwned.

And again, 45 kills compared to 9.

Epic pwn.

Just did.

I was talking about the end battle up until Faako shooting him, you know that, dont be stupid, it doesnt look good on you.

We tried the whole character morality thing here, didnt float.

Sure it dies, man, sure it does.

45 kills to 9 kills.

Pwned with a side of gravy fries.

Riddick wins with a blade 10000/10.

Rogue Jedi
I can see RJ's argument having some leg to stand on if Preston had struggled to defeat the clerics in the final scene, but he didn't. Who's to say he couldn't take out 40-45ish (by RJ's count) as well? We could say "Oh no he def couldn't" if Preston was getting his ass-kicked and won barely - but he didn't - Preston cleaned house with little to no effort. And Riddick killed the 45ish Necros without breaking a sweat. Point?

And no, Preston would have been killed if it were 45 Clerics.

Quincy
And no, Preston would have been killed if it were 45 Clerics.

But how can you say that?

Rogue Jedi
But how can you say that? Because he would have been overwhelmed by their sheer numbers.

Quincy
Not a problem for Riddick though?

Rogue Jedi
Not a problem for Riddick though? You said it, babe.

Think about it, you're among 45 clerics that have Preston surrounded, and you see him mowing them down like rag dolls. What would you do?

dadudemon
They were coming at him from all angles, tow and three at a time and shit, it's the same.Riddick wins with a blade 10000/10.

Oh really?

It was almost completely from the front.

Pwned.

It's not a counter in any way. You are using Prestons fighting with guns as a crutch, as if it has any bearing on his h2h skills. It doesnt. Pwned, get over it.

Sure it is.

You said:

There are several things wrong with this post:

1. John was surrounded by almost that many and on multiple occasions, he was literally surrounded on all sides.

2. It commits a very strange logical fallacy: neither character knows the other's training or fighting style.

3. Riddick was never surround by 45 Necros. In fact, almost every last one he approached from his front.

So, I replied with the following:

Because it was a direct counter to your point and basically said your point was crap, you replied with the following:

Which has nothing to do with you proposing a counter-point by saying to surround Preston with 45 Clerics when that didn't occur in the first place.

Furthermore, you point falls flat on it's face from a second angle, as well: Riddick most certainly used the guns from the Necros as he was fighting them. "Pure bladed fight" it is not. By that reasoning, Riddick would have died had he not used their guns on multiple occasions: else he use them? Just the same as Preston dying had he not grabbed the assault rifle in the long hall gun fight, or the katana's in the Father's office.

Preston was in three scenarios where he was surrounded, two of them he had his guns. In two of them, his victims were regular police. And stop with the whole "Riddick was never surrounded" shit, he had Necros coming at him from all around him. Wait, all around him.....SURROUNDED.....pwned.

At the minimum of five but possibly 7.

1. Beginning of the film when he busts down the door and takes all of those dudes out.

2. When he get surrounded by the clerics for the puppy incident. There may have been two times that he was surrounded.

3. That time when Preston is in the field and the Clerics surround him and he beats them all to death.

4. In the office when he was taking his polygraph.

5. In the Father's office.

And, stop with the "regular police" b.s. No where does it say they are regular police. They are clerics and their job is to find EC-10 materials and execute rebels.

And again, 45 kills compared to 9.

Epic pwn.

If only the kills were:

1. Came from being completely surrounded.

2. Were done completely with a blade.

3. Came at Riddick not taking a single hit or even being touched.

It just so happens that Preston got all three. no expression On top of this, the Clerics are much more skilled than the Necros.

Epic PWN.

I just didn't.

Corrected it for you. doped

I was talking about the end battle up until Faako shooting him, you know that, dont be stupid, it doesnt look good on you.

1. Lose the petty insults. I'm your boy. Don't turn this into a childish insult match. There's no reason to get immature with it. I'm fine with the silly smilies and the "pwn" statements as they are all in good fun.

2. You've missed the point entirely. How many times did Preston get launched? How many times did someone get the drop on him? How many times did he get the beat down?

We tried the whole character morality thing here, didnt float.

This is a strawman and in no way changes anything I've said. That's unrelated to what I said.

Besides, Preston could quite easily dodge those shots from the pistol, meaning, your "counter" point is moot.

Sure it dies, man, sure it does.

45 kills to 9 kills.

Pwned with a side of gravy fries.

Riddick wins with a blade 10000/10.

But, it does matter. You just tired to pass off his destruction of the humans as, "the regular rebels are just fodder." I countered with, "but Preston treated the Clerics like they were fodder, just the same."

And, again, you can't say "45 kills to 9 kills" because that's not the same at all. Here's why:

1. Riddick was armed at the beginning of the fight.

2. Riddick wasn't completely surrounded.

3. The people Riddick was fighting were not nearly as skilled with guns as the Clerics.

4. The people Riddick fought were not even remotely as skilled as the Clerics with their blades.

5. Riddick used guns to kill some of those people, so it wasn't pure blades.

6. Riddick had to physically move people out of his way, body slamming them, flipping them, etc.

And that's just 6 points to jus the what's wrong with your "45 to 9" statement of yours.

Oh, and, PWN3D! pained

Rogue Jedi
Oh really?

It was almost completely from the front.

Pwned. No, it was from all angles, AND they had guns. If the clerics had had guns, Preston would have been killed in seconds. Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!! Try harder, this is too easy.

John was never surrounded by 45 men, not at anytime, not ever. Lie.

Preston knew the clerics fighting style, he knew what they would do before they did it. Riddick knew shit about the Necros and their fighting styles, thats the point.

Afraid not, some approached from the front, some the sides, some the back. Fact.

The hypothetical "Preston being surrounded by 45 clerics" thing was to prove a point, that Preston would not survive IF it happened. Doesnt matter if it never occured.

Riddick killed maybe a few Necros with the guns, I counted the 40 plus he killed with BLADES, I never counted the gun kills.

The long hall gun fight and the fight in the office while surrounded are two seperate incidents, dude.

And yes, the second scenario here starts and ends with blades, or h2h, both of which Riddick is light years ahead of Preston. Superior onscreen feats prove this.

Dude, I was talking about incidents where he fought without using his guns.

They are beat cops, thats all. The sense offenders had no trouble killing them in the beginning.

As I said, I counted only the blade kills. And the fact that Riddick took hits and seemed only o go faster and get more deadly as he fought on shows and proves that he is superior to Preston.

Better fighters, not near as hard to kill as Necros. AND the Necros had GUNS, dude. Guns......

the bridge called, your rent is due.

That wasnt an insult, read between the line's.

Because 99% of the time he was fighting sense offenders, pretty much cannon fodder.

Preston doesnt dodge bullets.

Dude, the cleric he stole the blade from was standing a foot away with the hilt of the blade in Prestons face, hell, I coulda grabbed it.

He had attacks coming from all sides, and they had GUNS!!! haermm

Irrevelant. There were at least 70 or 80 of them.

Those clerics were shit, watch the scene again and you'll see how useless they were wth their blades. Lemmee guess.....PIS?

Already pwned you here.

Which proves Riddicks fighting skill. Keep digging that hole deeper K?

Nah, you're not even close to countering me yet.

dadudemon
No, it was from all angles, AND they had guns. If the clerics had had guns, Preston would have been killed in seconds. Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!! Try harder, this is too easy.

No, this:

John was never surrounded by 45 men, not at anytime, not ever. Lie.

Whew, glad I didn't say he was then, right?

And, neither was Riddick: not at anytime, not ever.

Preston knew the clerics fighting style, he knew what they would do before they did it. Riddick knew shit about the Necros and their fighting styles, thats the point.

That's a moot point. It has no bearing, whatsoever. Unless you can prove that John developed an Anti-Cleric technique. (Obviously, he didn't and you can't.) John Preston simply used all the same training everyone else got. He was just much better. no expression

Afraid not, some approached from the front, some the sides, some the back. Fact.

The hypothetical "Preston being surrounded by 45 clerics" thing was to prove a point, that Preston would not survive IF it happened. Doesnt matter if it never occured.

And that strawman point of yours was countered already, as well. These are circles.

Riddick killed maybe a few Necros with the guns, I counted the 40 plus he killed with BLADES, I never counted the gun kills.

How does this change the fact that the Necros aren't even on level with a low level Cleric?

Also:

The long hall gun fight and the fight in the office while surrounded are two seperate incidents, dude.

Why are you pointing this out?

And yes, the second scenario here starts and ends with blades, or h2h, both of which Riddick is light years ahead of Preston. Superior onscreen feats prove this.

Just the opposite, actually. Preston is light years ahead of Riddick. This is what we've been trying to tell you. On screen feats prove this.

Dude, I was talking about incidents where he fought without using his guns.

So? I wasn't. This isn't just about blades. It doesn't matter if you've conceded the point. The fact that Preston has been completely surrounded on numerous occasions and Riddick hasn't, speaks volumes of John's reaction...which is obviously far superior to Riddick.

As I said, I counted only the blade kills. And the fact that Riddick took hits and seemed only o go faster and get more deadly as he fought on shows and proves that he is superior to Preston.

How is that even remotely a counter to this:

And, no, Riddick is inferior to Preston. See the above points.

Better fighters, not near as hard to kill as Necros. AND the Necros had GUNS, dude. Guns......

1. Both types were wearing armor.

2. Their guns were powerful concussive blasts that were single shots. Hardly even close to being as deadly as fully automatic assuault rifles. There's no way you should think those guns are even on level with fully automatic assault rifles. The concussive blasts even travel much slower than the bullets. There's no comparison.

Because 99% of the time he was fighting sense offenders, pretty much cannon fodder.

I disagree on fact. In the movie, the majority of people he killed were Clerics.

In other words, you reply doesn't actually address point #2, at all.

Preston doesnt dodge bullets.

He sure does. Moving to a location that is most likely to avoid a bullets directory. Sounds very much like a fancy way of saying, "dodgin bullets."

You want "dodging bullets" to actually mean something it doesn't. Plain and simple, Preston avoids bullets. Your strawman argument above does nothing, in the slightest, to actually address the fact that Preston would dodge the gunfire just the same as he did the entire film.

Dude, the cleric he stole the blade from was standing a foot away with the hilt of the blade in Prestons face, hell, I coulda grabbed it.

1. This does absolutely nothing to actually address point #1.

2. If you did reach for his blade, you'd end up on pieces on the floor. Or are you trying to imply that you're as uber as Preston?

He had attacks coming from all sides, and they had GUNS!!! haermm

Irrevelant. There were at least 70 or 80 of them.

Irrelevant.

1. Riddick didn't kill all of them.

2. Some he just threw.

Those clerics were shit, watch the scene again and you'll see how useless they were wth their blades. Lemmee guess.....PIS?

They were shit compared to Preston, only. That's it. Do YOU honestly think you could take a Necro on? Of course not.

Already pwned you here.

No you didn't. You didn't address it all, actually.

Which proves Riddicks fighting skill. Keep digging that hole deeper K?

The point went right over your head. Here's the point you're supposed to take out of that:

Preston is so fast and skilled that he didn't HAVE to do that. He dropped them all so fast that they couldn't get close enough. no expression

Nah, you're not even close to countering me yet.

You mean, that you are not even close to actually addressing my points, right?

Robtard
RJ, can you post this scene where you say Riddick guts 45+ guys solo with a knife?

If you meant this scene (@3:25), it wasn't 45+, they weren't coming at him from all angles, he didn't just use a knife and he had people fighting along side him.

Also of note, his fighting speed is considerably slower than Preston's.

dadudemon
RJ, can you post this scene where you say Riddick guts 45+ guys solo with a knife?

If you meant this scene (@3:25), it wasn't 45+, they weren't coming at him from all angles, he didn't just use a knife and he had people fighting along side him.

Also of note, his fighting speed is considerably slower than Preston's.

I thought he was talking about that scene, as well.

It's possible he's talking about something else, but I don't remember another scene.

There was the scene where they approach him when he's in that room...

Rogue Jedi
Youtube isn't working for me, post the vid using youtube brackets. If it's where he tells Kyra "You know that favorite game of yours? Let's play", then yes, I watched the scene several times and counted how many he pwned. My count might be off by a few, but it was around 40, maybe 45, it was all happening so fast. I didn't count the ones he pwned with a gun, and I didnt count the ones the others killed, I counted the ones he killed with knives or h2h. And no, his fighting speed is not "considerably" slower than Prestons.

Rogue Jedi
This counts, right?

http://video.clipta.com/The_Chronicles_Of_Riddick_-_Dark_Fury_-_Trailer__v5e9aca19328ac35b3a06

Of course it does, it's a feature film.

Here's the full movie.

Part 1: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2wgha_riddick-dark-fury-12-fr

Part two: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2whwz_riddick-dark-fury-22-fr

It's in French, but that's not important, watch closely at Riddicks feats.

Ms.Marvel
you wany us to watch the whole movie even though its in french? no expression

Rogue Jedi
Well, if you wanna see Riddick doing things that Preston can only dream of, yes. It's only half an hour.

KingD19
Dark Fury was crazy, no way in hell Preston could even last a couple seconds against those jellyfish strobe light things.

Rogue Jedi
Exactly, Riddick had his hands bound and was unarmed, but pwned them, AND cut the explosive device from his neck.

dadudemon
The cartoon is an exaggeration of Riddick's universe and of the Riddick mythos.

Obviously, it's not allowed.

I thought better judgment would prevail and everyone would assume that the cartoon that exaggerates the live action counterpart, would obviously be ignored. Apparently not. Of course, everyone ignored it until now.

If someone wants to create a versus thread with the Dark Fury version, that's fine. But retarded shit like that is not allowed in live action versus threads.

Don't turn this into a joke thread, guys. Keep it serious.

Rogue Jedi
Not your call, dude, Impediment has been notified and we'll await his judgement.

KingD19
Well Dark Fury is canon to the Riddick mythos, since it fills in the time gap between Pitch Black and Chronicles.

Rogue Jedi
Well Dark Fury is canon to the Riddick mythos, since it fills in the time gap between Pitch Black and Chronicles. Exactly, which is why it should be allowed, AND it is written by David Twohy, the creator of the Riddick character.

dadudemon
It's a cartoon that exaggerates everything about Riddick. Sometimes, the visuals in the cartoon get so exaggerated that some of the characters end up with 6 foot arms. A couple of times, Riddick moves like the Flash.

Sure, the Cartoon is awesome. But I won't allow it in my thread on the grounds that it's not parallel to the live action Riddick and Preston doesn't have his own exaggerated cartoon to compare with it.

We're going to stick to live action versions, only.

Rogue Jedi
MVF rules #7, dude:

7) When the thread starter makes a new thread, it is very important to cement the conditions of the scenario in the first few posts. This is to avoid confusion and frustration among the other posters. It will not be acceptable for the thread starter to randomly change the conditions of the thread at random intervals. Once the settings/weapons/gear/handicaps/abilities/etc have been cemented in the first few posts of the thread, that is how they will stay. Therefore, be very sure and for certain of how you want your thread to be constructed.

When the thread starter makes a new thread, it is very important to cement the conditions of the scenario in the first few posts.

Once the settings/weapons/gear/handicaps/abilities/etc have been cemented in the first few posts of the thread, that is how they will stay.

You failed to specify which version of Riddick we can use here in the FIRST FEW POSTS OF THE THREAD. Too late to go back and clarify now.

Also, here:

Originally posted by Blinky
It's clear that Riddick would get a bunch of free glory-holes in a gun fight.

Can anybody post some you-tube clips of both fighting with blades? I'm too f*cking lazy to look. It's been awhile since I've seen any of the Riddick movies and a long-ass time since I've seen Equilibrium. Anyways are you guys counting that Riddick cartoon?

Page 2. You had a chance there to disallow Dark Fury, but you didn't. That's two chances you had, so yeah, it's out of your hands. Impediment will decide if he supports you breaking MVF rules #7.

KingD19
I'll say this, Preston is a beast, but he's not to the point where Riddick can't hit him, and he's not to the point where Riddick can't react to his moves. In the end of Chronicles, the only reason the Lord Marshal survived is because of that whole, separate your soul, and it moves somewhere else, then you follow at super speed. And after Vaako steps in and he runs, Riddick is fast enough to catch the Lord Marshal. Prestons good, but not enough to put down Riddick.

Plus they're the wrath of the furyans abilitiy, which was shown off screen in Escape from Butcher Bay, and when Vaako shot Riddick. The result was an energy blast that knocked down every Necromonger near Riddick, and I think it killed a few of them.

Ms.Marvel
well if were going to ignore canon than i say riddick wins both considering he has to be gimped to give preston a chance...

Robtard
well if were going to ignore canon than i say riddick wins both considering he has to be gimped to give preston a chance...

Not allowing an animation which is a clear over-exaggeration of the films doesn't count as a "gimping". Bringing it up now is nothing more than a sad effort to make Riddick win against a superior foe, which is a gimp towards Preston.

Riddick's clearly many times more powerful in the anime than he is in the movies, simply because animation allows for this. To prove this, he would has destrpyed the Lord Marshall in seconds, by himself, if he has the anime abilities.

Ms.Marvel
all three of them are "films".

so how do you know the cartoon version doesnt show his real abilities whereas the live action movies gimp them because its harder to make those feats look believable in live action? because the live actions came first? thats not sound logic dark fury isnt any less canon than the other two movies are...

for the record i didnt watch the movie rj posted because im not watching any half hour movie in french... so please keep that in mind before you attempt to guess my intentions for brining up anything. i have no idea how amazing his actions are in the cartoon and this virtual fight doesnt mean anything to me. the only thing i have conflict with is ignoring established canon. you have no idea what the wirters and directors intended when they made riddick fight the way he did in the cartoon compared to how he did in the live action films so how can you possibly know for sure that the cartoon is inacuurate in its protrayels?

Robtard
all three of them are "films".

so how do you know the cartoon version doesnt show his real abilities whereas the live action movies gimp them because its harder to make those feats look believable in live action? because the live actions came first? thats not sound logic dark fury isnt any less canon than the other two movies are...

for the record i didnt watch the movie rj posted because im not watching any half hour movir in french... so please keep that in mind before you attempt to guess my intentions for brining up anything.

With SFX, Riddick could do anything on film. If Riddick was intented to move at super-speeds on film, they could have done this, along with anything else he did in the anime.

Bringing in the Dark Fury feats is nothing more than a last ditch effort, because Preston's points people brought up couldn't be countered.

I've watched the anime, that Riddick could solo Pitch Black Riddick, Chronicles Riddick, Preston, all the other clerics and The Lord Marshall without breaking a sweat. It's clearly an exaggeration for the sake of entertainment.

Rogue Jedi
Not allowing an animation which is a clear over-exaggeration of the films doesn't count as a "gimping". Bringing it up now is nothing more than a sad effort to make Riddick win against a superior foe, which is a gimp towards Preston.

Riddick's clearly many times more powerful in the anime than he is in the movies, simply because animation allows for this. To prove this, he would has destrpyed the Lord Marshall in seconds, by himself, if he has the anime abilities. Riddicks fight against the Necros in COR is more impressive than anything DF has to offer.

Doesnt matter, because DF is totally canon to the other two movies. It has the same characters, it is totally in sync with the movies.

Did you notice how in Pitch Black Riddick was badass, but in COR he was like uber badass? It's the same thing. Dark Fury was the first time he was shown fighting large groups of humans, so it was the first time we got to see him in that aspect. Also, Riddick pwned the Pitch Black aliens just as bad as he did the Dark Fury aliens.

Nothing sad about it, on the contrary, DDM doesn't want to include it because it buries Preston in Furyan shit. Too late to say Dark Fury doesn't count, MVF rules state this. If something from COR did the same, buried Preston, and DDM said he meant Pitch Black Riddick only, what then?

Ms.Marvel
With SFX, Riddick could do anything on film. If Riddick was intented to move at super-speeds on film, they could have done this, along with anything else he did in the anime.

but it wouldnt look believable. erm if you dont believe me look at George Lucas and the clone wars cartoons. he came out and said that the way mace and yoda were fighting in the clone wars cartoons more accurately represented how he envisioned the jedi to fight but it would looked corny in a live action film. its a common problem for science fiction in the halo novels master chief can run half a kilometer in 19 seconds with a torn ankle and moves so fast that bullets move in slow motion to his eyes... according to bungie they felt that showing it that way in the games would ruin the experience and so even though that is how fast the chief actually moves hes dumbed down in the game for our enjoyment.

the point im making is that, no, they couldnt make him move that fast, or at least its very possible that they thought they couldnt and not mke him look cheesy.

... why do you think this? why do you think i care that much?

maybe. shrug the cartoon version of mace windu could solo all of the droids in the geonosis arena that he almost died against in the movies... but what he does in the cartoon is still canon. he canonically fought and destroyed an army of droids with his bare hands. what you and i say cant really change that erm

Rogue Jedi

Bringing in the Dark Fury feats is nothing more than a last ditch effort, because Preston's points people brought up couldn't be countered.

I've watched the anime, that Riddick could solo Pitch Black Riddick, Chronicles Riddick, Preston, all the other clerics and The Lord Marshall without breaking a sweat. It's clearly an exaggeration for the sake of entertainment. Exaggeration or not, it's a feature film. Its canon to the other two. Its penned by David Twohy. Thats really all that matters.

If you are going to use the "exaggeration" argument, then I can rightly say that Prestons skils were greatly exaggerated in the final scene, as compared to his first fight with Taye Diggs. Saying Preston was "holding back" is a matter of opinion.

Whatever the case, Impediment will make his call later. If he decides not to include Dark Fury, then he is allowing DDM to break MVF rule 7, and is therefore giving him special treatment.

Ms.Marvel
i dont think it matters that much because its ddm's thread so imo he should call the shots on what can be included not anyone else. if ddm says no then people should just move on...

Rogue Jedi
For the record, the Clone Wars cartoons and the Dark Fury FEATURE FILM are completely different. The Clone Wars cartoons were made for TV, Dark Fury was made for DVD, it was meant to bridge the gap between Pitch Black and COR.

Rogue Jedi
i dont think it matters that much because its ddm's thread so imo he should call the shots on what can be included not anyone else. if ddm says no then people should just move on... Read MVF rule 7. If he does this now, 6 pages in, he is breaking it.

Robtard
Go ahead and shit storm a decent thread where both characters are fairly matched, having pluses and negatives.

It's telling though, that you bring in the anime (which is clearly an exaggeration, anyone can see that) now, since all you points have falling on their face thus far.

Very sad and childish.

Ms.Marvel
may the great white jesus bless you robtard

Rogue Jedi
Go ahead and shit storm a decent thread where both characters are fairly matched, having pluses and negatives.

It's telling though, that you bring in the anime (which is clearly an exaggeration, anyone can see that) now, since all you points have falling on their face thus far.

Very sad and childish. haermm OK, man. Butthurt much?

You want someone to ***** at? ***** at DDM for not being clear which Riddick to use. He wasnt specific, and when I brought in a version that would rape Preston, the two of you go apeshit and accuse me of being "childish."

Admit it, the only reason you want Dark Fury negated here is that it proves Riddick rapes Preston. As if Dark Fury is needed, I have proven without a doubt that Riddick wins here, you just dont like it.

You and DDM, I have never, not once, seen either of you admit when you are wrong. You are both wrong here. Couple of ****ing control freaks, I tell ya.

I really dont give a shit anymore, have the thread, have at it, I aint posting here anymore. Whatever decision Mattie makes, fine. Riddick rapes here, accept it.

Buh bye.

Impediment
Jesus Christ on a cracker.......

What is the beef here, guys?

To be honest, I'm not much of a Riddick fan, so I won't be of much help without some insight from you guys.

Let me see if I get this right:

According to RJ, DDM did not clarify which version of Riddick is being used for this match, and, therefore, didn't cement the conditions of this fight, a la MVF rule #7, and is trying to change scenarios?

Or is the argument about not adhering to official canon?

Help me out here.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment

Help me out here.

Don't bother, you've more important things to do than bother with this childish nonsense, like go about your life.

KingD19
Basically, the 3 movies involving Riddick: Pitch Black, Dark Fury, Chronicles(In order). Are all part of the canon, however, DDM didn't specify that we could only use live action movies. It's six pages in, and only recently did DDM say Dark Fury couldn't be used, even though it was brought up in page 1 or 2.

Rogue Jedi
Jesus Christ on a cracker.......

What is the beef here, guys?

To be honest, I'm not much of a Riddick fan, so I won't be of much help without some insight from you guys.

Let me see if I get this right:

According to RJ, DDM did not clarify which version of Riddick is being used for this match, and, therefore, didn't cement the conditions of this fight, a la MVF rule #7, and is trying to change scenarios?

Or is the argument about not adhering to official canon?

Help me out here.

Basically, the 3 movies involving Riddick: Pitch Black, Dark Fury, Chronicles(In order). Are all part of the canon, however, DDM didn't specify that we could only use live action movies. It's six pages in, and only recently did DDM say Dark Fury couldn't be used, even though it was brought up in page 1 or 2.

On the plus side, I was cleaning my crib and ran across a buncha old porn DVD's.

Impediment
So why wouldn't the animated version of Riddick be considered canon?

Robtard
So why wouldn't the animated version of Riddick be considered canon?

Because it's a ridiculous exaggeration of his abilities from the movies, super-speed (like being a blur) being one of them.

Peter Chung took the character his own way. This Riddick could destroy everyone in Pitch Black, Chronicles of Riddick and Equilibrium combined.

Ms.Marvel
theres no argument either way for it being not canon because it is, factually, canon. the creator of the riddick character contributed to the movie as well as the writers of the live action films.

the dispute is that riddick's fighting abilities are vastly superior to his abilities in the live action movies. from what i understand robtard and whoever else thinks that the feats he performs in the cartoon should be void in a debate because theyre inconsistent with the live action feats.

it isnt really a question (imo) of which movie is more canon so much as which of the type of movies is a more accurate and credible portrayal of riddicks abilities.

imo because dark fury is the newest addition to the canon and the creators of the franchise never stated that it is a simple exxageration it should overwrite the older canon but that is just my opinion. im sure other people have different views.

EDIT- robtard beat me to the punch. so what he said. xD

Rogue Jedi
Because it's a ridiculous exaggeration of his abilities from the movies, super-speed (like being a blur) being one of them.

Peter Chung took the character his own way. This Riddick could destroy everyone in Pitch Black, Chronicles of Riddick and Equilibrium combined. David Twohy wrote the story, dude.

Robtard
theres no argument either way for it being not canon because it is, factually, canon. the creator of the riddick character contributed to the movie as well as the writers of the live action films.

the dispute is that riddick's fighting abilities are vastly superior to his abilities in the live action movies. from what i understand robtard and whoever else thinks that the feats he performs in the cartoon should be void in a debate because theyre inconsistent with the live action feats.

it isnt really a question (imo) of which movie is more canon so much as which of the type of movies is a more accurate and credible portrayal of riddicks abilities.

imo because dark fury is the newest addition to the canon and the creators of the franchise never stated that it is a simple exxageration it should overwrite the older canon but that is just my opinion. im sure other people have different views.

EDIT- robtard beat me to the punch. so what he said. xD

That'd make sense, except Dark Fury takes place between Pitch Black and Chronicles.

So he somehow become super-duper powered after PB and then lost it in Chronicles. No.

Silly to include something that was done as a clear over-the-top for no other reason than it looking cool in anime. That and Peter Chung is Asian.

Robtard
David Twohy wrote the story, dude.

And Peter Chung directed. You really thing Riddick has super-speed to the point where he's a blur?

This would contradict your earlier post of his powers.

Rogue Jedi
And Peter Chung directed. You really thing Riddick has super-speed to the point where he's a blur?

This would contradict your earlier post of his powers. Twohy wrote it, it is canon to the movies, thats all that matters. Impediments decision now, give it a rest.

Ms.Marvel
That'd make sense, except Dark Fury takes place between Pitch Black and Chronicles.

So he somehow become super-duper powered after PB and then lost it in Chronicles. No.

Silly to include something that was done as a clear over-the-top for no other reason than it looking cool in anime. That and Peter Chung is Asian.

all very possible yes

Blinky
Also, here:

Page 2. You had a chance there to disallow Dark Fury, but you didn't. That's two chances you had, so yeah, it's out of your hands. Impediment will decide if he supports you breaking MVF rules #7.

That's why I asked if the cartoon was allowed WAY back there. Look at the nastiness this has caused.

Robtard
Twohy wrote it, it is canon to the movies, thats all that matters. Impediments decision now, give it a rest.

You didn't answer my question.

I don't care what the decision is, I am done with the 'who would win' aspect of this thread, I also already said Anime-Riddick would destroy all a page or two back.

Robtard
all very possible yes

Probable, no. It only takes common sense to see that anime-Riddick isn't movie-Riddick.

Ms.Marvel
not really no

anime riddick isnt live action movie riddick.

theres no reason to assume that live action riddick is the more canon of the two though. how do you know anime riddick isnt how the creators truly envision him to be? whereas the live action version is scaled down to appeal to the audience more ala lord of the rings halo and star wars?

Robtard
not really no

anime riddick isnt live action movie riddick.

theres no reason to assume that live action riddick is the more canon of the two though. how do you know anime riddick isnt how the creators truly envision him to be? whereas the live action version is scaled down to appeal to the audience more ala lord of the rings halo and star wars?

Because there is no reason to "scale down". There's also two movies depicting him as mildly super-powered and then one direct to DVD anime where he's the ****ing Flash. 2 > 1.

Also see 'common sense'; apply it.

Impediment
My opinion is that the director of the anime film portrayed Riddick in such a manner as to make the film more visually enjoyable. That, and it's an animated film, FFS. He's a bad ass in the live action films, why not make him the same way in an anime film, but in an animated fashion?

Am I wrong?

Remember, I have only seen Pitch Black, and none of the other films.

Should I watch these other two films? Are they like Pitch Black? I liked it, TBH. I give it an 8.5.

Impediment
BTW, Riddick never stabbed Fry.

Rogue Jedi
haermm

Ms.Marvel
Because there is no reason to "scale down". There's also two movies depicting him as mildly super-powered and then one direct to DVD anime where he's the ****ing Flash. 2 > 1.

2 > 1? is that the best you can come up with at this point? how do you know there is "no reason to scale down"? are you the director? no youre not. you have no idea why they may have decided to do it and i notice that youve conveniently ignored my examples of characters being powered down twice now. in all three instances there is "no reason to scale down" that you and i can see but the writers had it done anyway because they wanted to, because they felt that showing the character as strong as they think he actually is might not go over well in the release. im getting tired of repeating myself and seeing your replies which have every single time so far not even bother to address what im actually saying and basically amount to a "nuh uh".

i have not insulted you once i have not spoken to you in an aggressive or disrespectful way so why do you feel the need to berate me and make implications and accusations toward me in your posts? for one thing this is an internet forum and a discussion nothing more nothing less and these little statements do not contribute to the topic at all. secondly im not your daughter or your wife and im not going to tolerate comments from some guy i will never meet simply because he feels the need to be an ******* on the internet. if you feel that you absolutely cannot have a discussion with me without attacking my intelligence then we simply we wont be talking. its nothing personal i think youre an alright guy but i dont like being told that i lack common sense by someone who cant even address all the points of my post and cant even bother to reply to posts that he either can not or doesnt feel like replying too. if you think you can handle having a discussion with me like an adult then say so otherwise... im done.

dadudemon
My opinion is that the director of the anime film portrayed Riddick in such a manner as to make the film more visually enjoyable. That, and it's an animated film, FFS. He's a bad ass in the live action films, why not make him the same way in an anime film, but in an animated fashion?

I agree and this is what I've been saying. Dark Fury is badass, but it's a damn cartoon that has a specific artistic portrayal than the live action version.

I already clarified.

I didn't see Blinky's post waaaay back when. I thought everyone would ignore the exaggeration fest from Dark Fury.

Rogue Jedi
I agree and this is what I've been saying. Dark Fury is badass, but it's a damn cartoon that has a specific artistic portrayal than the live action version.

I already clarified.

I didn't see Blinky's post waaaay back when. I thought everyone would ignore the exaggeration fest from Dark Fury. Irrelevant. It is a feature film, it is canon to the series, and Twohy wrote it. Thats all that matters. It being anime and exaggerated means nothing.

Ms.Marvel
well impediment seems to have made his decision so thats water under the bridge no? yes

Robtard
2 > 1? is that the best you can come up with at this point? how do you know there is "no reason to scale down"? are you the director? no youre not. you have no idea why they may have decided to do it and i notice that youve conveniently ignored my examples of characters being powered down twice now. in all three instances there is "no reason to scale down" that you and i can see but the writers had it done anyway because they wanted to, because they felt that showing the character as strong as they think he actually is might not go over well in the release. im getting tired of repeating myself and seeing your replies which have every single time so far not even bother to address what im actually saying and basically amount to a "nuh uh".

i have not insulted you once i have not spoken to you in an aggressive or disrespectful way so why do you feel the need to berate me and make implications and accusations toward me in your posts? for one thing this is an internet forum and a discussion nothing more nothing less and these little statements do not contribute to the topic at all. secondly im not your daughter or your wife and im not going to tolerate comments from some guy i will never meet simply because he feels the need to be an ******* on the internet. if you feel that you absolutely cannot have a discussion with me without attacking my intelligence then we simply we wont be talking. its nothing personal i think youre an alright guy but i dont like being told that i lack common sense by someone who cant even address all the points of my post and cant even bother to reply to posts that he either can not or doesnt feel like replying too. if you think you can handle having a discussion with me like an adult then say so otherwise... im done.

I'm giving you reasons why it's logical to think that the anime is nothing more than an exaggeration of his powers.

Wasn't being disrespectful, am saying just apply common sense to what is seen. 1st film he has mild powers. 2nd film he has mild powers. 3rd anime film (which takes place between 1&2) he has super-duper powers. Do you really think it's logical that this direct to DVD anime overwrites the actual films?

Neither of us know what the directors had in mind, so until they come in here and tell us why Riddick wasn't using his super-speed and sleuth of other uber abilities he had in the anime in the other two films, we can only apply logic and common sense.

P.S. Calm down.

Impediment
My opinion is that Dark Fury is canon.

Need I say anything else?

Rogue Jedi
Nope. Good call.

dadudemon
I'm not allowing Dark Fury in this thread, though.

You can start a new thread if you want to use Dark Fury.

KingD19
Not trying to get back in this argument, but the time frame on not allowing Dark Fury has passed.

dadudemon
Not trying to get back in this argument, but the time frame on not allowing Dark Fury has passed.

Indeed. I didn't allow it days ago.

Rogue Jedi

Impediment
It doesn't matter whether or not you won't allow it, DDM.

Unless you can offer me solid proof that Dark Fury is not, in fact, canon, then it will be allowed.

Sorry, but rules are rules.

If it can be proved that it isn't canon, then, by all means, continue unabashed, sir.

Impediment

There no need to bait, RJ. Comments like that are unnecessary.

Continue with the thread.

Rogue Jedi
I wasnt baiting, I was stating the obvious.

dadudemon
Wait wait wait...

You're saying that we are not allowed to debate the live action versions of characters?

On top of this, we aren't able to dissallow a cartoon that:

1. Gives the main character abilities that are not present in the live action series.

2. Are so exaggerated that some of the characters end up with 3 foot necks, 6 foot arms, etc. (This is stylized animation during the fight scenes.)

3. Has Riddick moving as fast as the flash in some portions of the animation.

4. Has regular humans quite consistantly doing superhuman things that, obviously, their human counterparts couldn't and didn't do.

Sorry, I'm not using Dark Fury as "canon feats".

IMO, using Dark Fury is just grasping at straws because people want their character to win. If an over-the-top animation existed for Equilibrium, I'd reconsider.

I'm not using Dark Fury as part of a live action vs. debate. Anyone who brings it up as "feats" will be ignored.

Edit - In fact, this thread was over when I countered all of RJ's points earlier in the thread. There is nothing left to debate, really, about the live-action characters unless someone has something from Chronicles of Riddick that hasn't been brought up.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>