Brainy Quotes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fitch
What's u're favorit brainy quote?
mine are under my sig but I will add more....

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting. (Sun Tzu)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.(Lao Tzu)
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold,it would be a merrier world.(Tolkien)

Tex
"Beans, beans, the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you toot!"-Plato
big grin

mah
"What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Tex
That's what it says on the back of the Gamecube box.

mah
is it?

Tex
Yup!

mah
not on the PAL versions

Tex
What is PAL?
Let me scan it in for you...might take a while, I have to go digging through my closet.......

Fitch
there's another one:

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like anhour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute.THAT'S relativity.-----Albert Einstein

mah
PAL is the european tv standards..you guys have NTSC

Fitch
yeah,but most of the products can be used on both standards.....

mah
no, not VHS, DVD, tv-games, if you havent got anything region-free devices..but anyhow, back on topic.

sorta not a quote, but whatever:
President Bush was once asked what his favorite childhood book was, his reply was "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". Unfortunately that book wasn't published until a year after he graduated from college.

Tex
Cant find it Mah, must be in the attic.
But if your curious, Im sure somone at one of your Nintendo forums could verify.

finti
most vhs take the US systems

finti
One thing I have no worry about is whether God exists. But it has occurred to me that God has Alzheimer's and has forgotten we exist.

Fitch
Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.-Benjamin Franklin

mechmoggy
"Sometimes the road least travelled is less travelled for a reason" - Jerry Seinfeld

"Mmmmmm, organised crime...." - Homer Simpson

"You can never be too rich or thin" - Peter Straub

"I can't believe we've got the technology to put a man on the moon yet you can't buy a bed with a toilet roll dispenser on the headboard" - Frank Skinner

big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.