Mace Windu/ Revan (redeemed) vs Exar Kun,Darth Bane Obalisks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Mace Windu
Revan

vs.

Lord of the Sith Exur Kun
Darth Bane w/Obalisks

Netural battlefield.

Hewhoknowsall
Team 1

Nephthys
Team 2.

Ms.Marvel
revan solos laughing out loud

Dr McBeefington
Definitely team 2

Hewhoknowsall
Wait...

Revan = unknown!

So just to be fair, let's replace him with another known character...like, say, Luke.

And so is Kun (sort of...right?) so let's replace him with a known character...like, say, Leia.

Team 1 stomps.

mattatom
Team two.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by mattatom
Team two.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
revan solos laughing out loud
thatiswhat she said.

truejedi
team two, cause Unknowns can't help.

Red Nemesis

Slash_KMC
We do know a lot about Revan, but we definitely know he is the strongest Force user that we have ever seen. I don't know why people question it.

truejedi
thats true. Clone Wars Logic dictates revan to be stronger than anyone else in the mythos. The problem is, we can't dictate what form his unquestionable domination takes. Perhaps he channels his unparalleled ability solely into being the greatest player of rock-paper-scissors that the galaxy has ever seen.

Red Nemesis

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Red Nemesis

mattatom
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
-1 -10

Hewhoknowsall

/0

Red Nemesis

+3.1415

mattatom
+3.1415 thumb up http://www.mathteacherstore.com/middle/midlpost/5-8/PiPoster.jpg

Red Nemesis
H He Li Be B C N O F Ne Na Mg Al Si P S Cl Ar K Ca Sc Ti V Cr Mn Fe Co Ni Cu Zn Ga Ge Se Br Kr

mattatom
H He Li Be B C N O F Ne Na Mg Al Si P S Cl Ar K Ca Sc Ti V Cr Mn Fe Co Ni Cu Zn Ga Ge Se Br Kr http://www.corrosionsource.com/handbook/periodic/periodic_table.gif thumb up

Physics major smile

Red Nemesis
woo science. That's as far as I've got memorized. I started in Math class today.

Nephthys
You guys put too much effort into it.

mattatom
Sad sad guy.

Hewhoknowsall
Funny how in almost all classic-y RPGS there are only 5 or so elements...

mattatom
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Funny how in almost all classic-y RPGS there are only 5 or so elements... Because you touch Revanyourself at night.

ares834
Because you touch Revanyourself at night.
Nah, I touch Bandon. I'm cool like that. cool

mattatom
Originally posted by ares834
Nah, I touch Bandon. I'm cool like that. cool I think I love you.

Lord Lucien
I think I love you. That either makes you Bandon, or the gayest thing to hit this forum since Gideon's fetish for wrinkled old despots.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
That either makes you Bandon, or the gayest thing to hit this forum since Gideon's fetish for wrinkled old despots. You've seen through my cloud of darkness, for I am the gayest thing to hit this forum since Gideon's fetish for wrinkled old despots. Darth BANDON!

Slash_KMC
You've seen through my cloud of darkness, for I am the gayest thing to hit this forum since Gideon's fetish for wrinkled old despots. Darth BANDON!

Somehow, I always knew. Srsly, you weren't being too subtle hiding your identity.

Unlike me *evil laugh*.

mattatom
Somehow, I always knew. Srsly, you weren't being too subtle hiding your identity.

Unlike me *evil laugh*. Oh yeah, I see now Slash why you always claim Revan is > Bandon, because you hold a grudge against me, for when I pushed you into that Power Conduit you are the Force Ghost of the Ensign!

Slash_KMC
Oh yeah, I see now Slash why you always claim Revan is > Bandon, because you hold a grudge against me, for when I pushed you into that Power Conduit you are the Force Ghost of the Ensign!

Your memory seems to be faulty. Maybe the Jedi captured you and replaced your memories. How unoriginal.

Lord Lucien
You want to know what's original? Sacrificing yourself for the sins and betterment of all humanity. That was a helluva week, I'm telling you.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by ares834
Nah, I touch Bandon. I'm cool like that. cool

Blasphemy!

Darth Truculent
Slash - I'm a fan of Revan, but I would definitely not say he is the most powerful Force user. Sidious, Luke, Caedus, Yoda maybe even Kyp are more powerful. Vader definitely was stronger. It also can be argued that Bane could succesfully defeat him. We need more evidence on how really powerful he was. Not being offensive here.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Slash - I'm a fan of Revan, but I would definitely not say he is the most powerful Force user. Sidious, Luke, Caedus, Yoda maybe even Kyp are more powerful. Vader definitely was stronger. It also can be argued that Bane could succesfully defeat him. We need more evidence on how really powerful he was. Not being offensive here.

Hmm, you're not new are you?

Originally posted by truejedi
i just realized, our obvious (to each other) constant sarcasm about Revan, Bandon, Traya, (the whole KOTOR fun bag of shits and giggles) is genuinely going to confuse our cute, cuddly new members, whose innocence is challenged only by their ignorance of any canon older than The Force Unleashed.

Hewhoknowsall
To be honest, the sarcastic Revan/Bandon fanboy/girl-ism is geting old.

Time for Jar Jar fanboyism!

mattatom
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
To be honest, the sarcastic Revan/Bandon fanboy/girl-ism is geting old.

Time for Jar Jar fanboyism! Jar Jar fanboyism was around as soon as TPM came out, that stage has passed, and no it's not retro yet, or ever will be.

Samurai100
Bane solos

truejedi
Originally posted by Samurai100
Bane solos

I am throwing up a little in my mouth now.

Samurai100
Bane is the sith'ari so Bane>Revan+Mace

Lord Lucien
Bane is also Jesus.

Slash_KMC
And Revan is God.

God > Jesus

mattatom
And Revan is God.

God > Jesus I can't let this go that easily... Bandon is Hillary Clinton.

Clinton > God >Jesus.

Slash_KMC
I can't let this go that easily... Bandon is Hillary Clinton.

Clinton > God >Jesus.

I can't let this go either, can I now... Well, Revan post kotor is like an Obama.

Obama (apparently) > Clinton > God > Jesus.

Darth_Glentract
I'm going with team two on this one.

Nephthys
I'll go the other way (in more ways than one, REEEEOWW!!).

truejedi
i'm pretty sure that Revan was called the Sith'ari, am i wrong?

and tell me something else? What exactly is a sith'ari? And why should that mean ANYTHING in terms of ability.

And Bane is powerful. I'd put him second behind Sidious in Sith all time, with Caedus or Revan rounding out the 4.

But lay off Bane's "revan" already.

Samurai100
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith%27ari

Nephthys
Becuase the Sith'ari was supposed to be the perfect sith. Most importantly, the most powerful sith. 'Perfect strength, perfect power, perfect destiny'.

That link says its Bane huh? He was always my choice.

Lord Lucien
Well Bane was all that. Until he died. Then Palpatine took that from him.

Evilbigfoot
It doesn't even matter if Revan is unknown or not, team 2 still wins; however if "Revan" was on the "Star Forge" there would be a different outcome.

mattatom
Originally posted by Evilbigfoot
It doesn't even matter if Revan is unknown or not, team 2 still wins; however if "Revan" was on the "Star Forge" there would be a different outcome. Why?

truejedi
Originally posted by Samurai100
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith%27ari

wiki isn't canon. Book and pg. number please. and thank you. (not trying to be a dick, in case it comes across that way, merely want valid canon sources before accepting new facts, wikipedia is written with the bias of whoever the author is, and that author is not a canon writer)

Samurai100
read the part that says it ssays in the star wars complete encyclopedia that bane is the sith'ari

Slash_KMC
So, Bane is the second most powerful Sith Lord now? Guess I didn't get that memo.

Nephthys
Hasn't he always been? Though I always thought of Nihilus as having more power and Exar Kun as being up there too, Banes always seemed like the natural choice.

Darth_Glentract
So, Bane is the second most powerful Sith Lord now? Guess I didn't get that memo.

I don't think it means that. There are plenty of Jedi who were more powerful than Anakin. It depends on experience levels.

Lord Lucien
Being the person who "did a certain thing" doesn't equate to that person being the "most powerful". It just means he did that certain thing.

truejedi
forgot about kun actually. and i still dont know enough about nihilus to rank him.

Evilbigfoot
Why?

Because on the "Star Forge" his powers would be greatly enhanced; based off of KotOR anyway.

Darth_Glentract
forgot about kun actually. and i still dont know enough about nihilus to rank him.

Nihilus is a total beast. Forget the whole drain thing and he still was able to pull the Ravager up out of Malachor V and then hold the whole thing together. Thats freakin ridiculous. Now we have no idea how much difficulty they had, but it took the Exile, Visas Marr, and Canderous Ordo working together to take him down in a fight. He's pretty damn strong. Stonger than anything Bane has shown that I can think of.

mattatom
Originally posted by Evilbigfoot
Because on the "Star Forge" his powers would be greatly enhanced; based off of KotOR anyway. Wouldn't Kun or Bane be as well?

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
but it took the Exile, Visas Marr, and Canderous Ordo working together to take him down in a fight.

Not unless you wanted their help. The Exile I was playing took him alone once just for the fun of it.

Evilbigfoot
Wouldn't Kun or Bane be as well?

Yes, however "Revan" is the one more associated with it; so I went with that. smile

mattatom
Not unless you wanted their help. The Exile I was playing took him alone once just for the fun of it. Is that even possible? The game wouldn't let me continue without them.Originally posted by Evilbigfoot
Yes, however "Revan" is the one more associated with it; so I went with that. smile
Ahh I see, well in that case I think it would put revan at a disadvantage. Because you have Revan on one side then Bane and Kun on the other.

truejedi
I just had them keep healing themselves to see if i could beat nihilus without them. It worked too.

mattatom
I just had them keep healing themselves to see if i could beat nihilus without them. It worked too. Ahh okay. Though tbh, all bosses on KOTOR games are easy.

Darth_Glentract
That would fall under gameplay though. Canonically, it took the three of them to defeat him.

truejedi
where do you get your canon information? It IS gameplay, therefore no single scenario would be canon, unless there has been an issued statement elsewhere saying it took 3 of them, working together, to bring him down.

Autokrat
Well unless you think that it would be realistic to assume that two of them (since you had to take three) would just be chilling and healing themselves...

truejedi
we've been over this though, you can't assume. It must be stated. Gameplay, simply, isn't canon.

Darth_Glentract
The three of them going to fight Nihilus isn't dependent on gameplay. Because the player doesn't control that, it is canon. It also mentioned them in The Essential Guide: Jedi vs. Sith. Completely canon.

Autokrat
we've been over this though, you can't assume. It must be stated. Gameplay, simply, isn't canon.

Yes I can assume. I can assume that its more than reasonable to believe that all three of them took on Nihilus instead of only one person. How important the contributions of the other two were is vague, but that does not mean they did nothing.

The continued prevalence of this inane idea that we need specifics of what exactly happened is moronic.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Autokrat
Yes I can assume. I can assume that its more than reasonable to believe that all three of them took on Nihilus instead of only one person. How important the contributions of the other two were is vague, but that does not mean they did nothing.

The continued prevalence of this inane idea that we need specifics of what exactly happened is moronic.

We've been over this again, and again, and again.

We do need specifics of what exactly happened because the only thing that is known, is that the three of them were there and they beat Nihilus. Without this, you are merely speculating on, whether the fight went as fights normally go, or that something odd happened that made the fight go in the trio's advantage. We don't know, so it's not Canon.

@ Glentract: Can you type out what exactly The Essential Guide: Jedi vs. Sith says about the fight?

Dr McBeefington
I have JvS and it wasn't clear as to who actually killed Nihilus as it lists 3 of the characters as a maybe.

Slash_KMC
So, not a lot of details in there either...

truejedi
for that matter,was it required that it was THOSE three characters? Visas, Mandalore and Exile? I can't remember if i had options there or not.

Autok Assumptions of the logical ARE common sense, but they ARE'NT Canon. I will agree with you all day for instance, that Revan was PROBABLY one of the most powerful sith ever to live, but I will never tell you that I can prove it based on the probable.

Thats all I'm saying. I think you and I agree on this more than it seems sometimes. You never say anything about the KOTOR characters that I find improbable, i just find those statements unprovable.

Slash_KMC
I completely agree with TJ, common sense =/= Canon.

Lord Lucien
for that matter,was it required that it was THOSE three characters? Visas, Mandalore and Exile? I can't remember if i had options there or not.

Autok Assumptions of the logical ARE common sense, but they ARE'NT Canon. I will agree with you all day for instance, that Revan was PROBABLY one of the most powerful sith ever to live, but I will never tell you that I can prove it based on the probable.

Thats all I'm saying. I think you and I agree on this more than it seems sometimes. You never say anything about the KOTOR characters that I find improbable, i just find those statements unprovable. Truthiness.

darthbanelives
i really couldn't say who would win this one...with orbalisks i don't know how much could be done to bane and if kun has his amulets, it'd be a hard fight fore mace and revan. it'd be a great one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.