Mace Windu vs Pre-Suit Darth Vader and Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jinsoku Takai
Once again, the fight takes place on Geonosis in the Execution arena. Anything goes. Be specific though.

ares834
The duo wins. -_-

Lord Lucien
Yup.

Rampant ox
Count Dooku would win by himself.

ChakraStrings
Yeah, dooku is the soul reason why they would win. Pre-Suit Vader was god awful, and Mace Windu is a very skilled Jedi so he would have no trouble dealing with him. But when it came to Dooku, he would struggle and most likely lose. However, Samuel L. Jackson is badass so thats always debatable

Lord Lucien
The hell?

ares834
Originally posted by ChakraStrings
Yeah, dooku is the soul reason why they would win. Pre-Suit Vader was god awful
And yet he slays Dooku... Oh the irony.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by ChakraStrings
Yeah, dooku is the soul reason why they would win. Pre-Suit Vader was god awful, and Mace Windu is a very skilled Jedi so he would have no trouble dealing with him. But when it came to Dooku, he would struggle and most likely lose. However, Samuel L. Jackson is badass so thats always debatable

Pre-suit is "god awful"? WTF!!! And Dooku is superior to Mace... Bullshit!!! You've lost all credibility already.

DARTH POWER
Daft fight.. Mace has no chance.

Hybris
Mace has no chance against the two of them but would defeat either of them in a 1 on 1.

truejedi
he would have a chance. I don't see Anakin dealing well with Vapaad. Dooku was equal with mace many years prior to ROTS, when Mace was less-well trained, and Dooku was in his prime.

I think Mace loses, but i don't find it a curbstomp.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Hybris
Mace has no chance against the two of them but would defeat either of them in a 1 on 1.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by truejedi
he would have a chance. I don't see Anakin dealing well with Vapaad. Dooku was equal with mace many years prior to ROTS, when Mace was less-well trained, and Dooku was in his prime.

I think Mace loses, but i don't find it a curbstomp.

No Mace was Dooku's equal only 6 months before ROTS, according to Dark Rendezvous.. So dnt just make stuff up.

and you say Anakin wont hold up against Vapaad, but exactly how well will Vapaad hold up against 2 Sith Lords?!

Mace dnt have a chance. This is a complete Curbstomp and you have to be a total Mace fanboy to think otherwise.

Hewhoknowsall
Mace loses: he simply can't handle both of them at once. Dooku alone is at least a challenge for him, and with Vader in the mix...it's just too much.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
No Mace was Dooku's equal only 6 months before ROTS, according to Dark Rendezvous.. So dnt just make stuff up.

and you say Anakin wont hold up against Vapaad, but exactly how well will Vapaad hold up against 2 Sith Lords?!

Mace dnt have a chance. This is a complete Curbstomp and you have to be a total Mace fanboy to think otherwise. It's not a curbstomp. Mace is going down, but he's not "OMGWTFPWNED!"

And Vader wasn't much of a Sith Lord at this time, just a really pissed of Dark Jedi with a recently christened Sith name.

truejedi
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Listen up *******. give me the equal quote from DR RIGHT NOW, or STFU. and just a warning, you sure as hell better make sure that quote isn't from dooku's IN-UNIVERSE point of view.

Since you theorized it, you tell ME how vapaad would hold up against 2 sith lords. I prefaced my statement with the words "I don't see." You would be wise to do the same.

Finally, who the bloody ****ing hell do you think you are to make such a statement? If you knew anything about this forum you would already bloody well know I am not a mace fanboy. Now, since you made the statement:

and i hereby say " I don't think so."

You prove that I'm a fanboy, or stop making statements that you can't prove.

and sorry. i guess. i think your post really rubbed me the wrong way.

and orange is pretty.

Slash_KMC
Gimme exact quote from Yoda: DR.

Originally posted by Slash_KMC
"Among the other Jedi, perhaps only Mace Windu would have been his equal on neutral ground. But here on Vjun, steeped in the dark side, his bladework was malice made visible-wickedness cut in red light" -Yoda and Dooku duelling on Vjun.

I'm pretty sure this isn't from Dooku's POV.

Red Nemesis
omfg.

y rnt u Mace fanboy tj?

mattatom
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
omfg.

y rnt u Mace fanboy tj? He's not black.

Red Nemesis
I'm not black.

mattatom
I'm not black. Viavie, are you a Mace fanboy?

Slash_KMC
Hey guys, cut the racisme here. Them white folks can also be da Mace fanboiiz yo.

truejedi
What does that mean?

Oh, and i was thinking that entire fight came from Dooku's point of view?

mattatom
Hey guys, cut the racisme here. Them white folks can also be da Mace fanboiiz yo. No, they can't.

Slash_KMC

ares834
I'm saying it now... Mace is over rated. He is good, the second most powerful Jedi of the PT era but he aint the best ever.

mattatom
Originally posted by ares834
I'm saying it now... Mace is over rated. He is good, the second most powerful Jedi of the PT era but he aint the best ever. Agreed, he's >>Darksiders purely because of his saberstyle. Without that he's not got much going for him.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by mattatom
Agreed, he's >>Darksiders purely because of his saberstyle. Without that he's not got much going for him.

Except for Shatterpoint, a purple lightsaber and being black.

mattatom
So?
So he's gay?
Racist.
Hey guys, cut the racisme here. Them white folks can also be da Mace fanboiiz yo.

Slash_KMC
So?
So he's gay?
Racist.

1) Being gay is not bad.
2) I said that being black is one of his advantages.
3) You can't act like a mod, even though you were quoting me.
4) So there.

mattatom
1) Being gay is not bad.
2) I said that being black is one of his advantages.
3) You can't act like a mod, even though you were quoting me.
4) So there.
I never said it was bad? Trying to cover up your own distaste and hatred? Bigot.

See above.

I can act like a mod. I have experience as a mod. So therefore I can.

Thats what she said.

Slash_KMC
I never said it was bad? Trying to cover up your own distaste and hatred? Bigot.

See above.

I can act like a mod. I have experience as a mod. So therefore I can.

Thats what she said.

Matt, if you keep going off-topic, I'll have to give you a warning.

Red Nemesis
I'm saying it now... Mace is over rated. He is good, the second most powerful Jedi of the PT era but he aint the best ever.
disagreeOriginally posted by mattatom
Agreed, he's >>Darksiders purely because of his saberstyle. Without that he's not got much going for him.
disagree

And, girls? Keep it in your respective pants while ur flirting w/each other plz.

I'm trying to run a PG-13 bored up in hur.

mattatom
Is that your opinion Red? That i'm wrong?

Red Nemesis
At some point I'll have disputed more sucessfully the idea that Mace's style "super effective" against Darksiders necessarily, and also the idea that he is only capable of taking on darksiders.

Both ideas make me angry. So I'm going to remoev them with the only three sources I have available to me: Shatterpoint, EpIII, DR.

That is unless ppl have suggestions on where, specifically, Mace and Depa have been shown before? An allusion to some sort of circus or gang was made in Shatterpoint implying that there had been a previous book/comic about them?

ares834
Vaapad is my least favorite style. I hate how it channels the opponents darkness, not only does it make a Jedi nearly invulnerable against DS it makes them seem weak against anyone else. It would be far cooler if it simply channeled the user's darkness IMO.

truejedi
At some point I'll have disputed more sucessfully the idea that Mace's style "super effective" against Darksiders necessarily, and also the idea that he is only capable of taking on darksiders.

Both ideas make me angry. So I'm going to remoev them with the only three sources I have available to me: Shatterpoint, EpIII, DR.

That is unless ppl have suggestions on where, specifically, Mace and Depa have been shown before? An allusion to some sort of circus or gang was made in Shatterpoint implying that there had been a previous book/comic about them?

Vapaad is perfectly capable of taking on whatever opponent mace faces. The darkness is Mace's OWN.

Where did you get the idea people believe the poppycock you are going to disprove?

Lord Lucien
Vaapad is my least favorite style. I hate how it channels the opponents darkness, not only does it make a Jedi nearly invulnerable against DS it makes them seem weak against anyone else. It would be far cooler if it simply channeled the user's darkness IMO. Wait you mean it makes the Vaapad user seem weak against anyone else? But other than that, yeah, it's a Deus Ex Darkness.

truejedi
LOL!!! i read Red's post, and thought "no one believes that! " and posted without continuing to read, and the post DIRECTLY after Red's shows i guess at least Ares does believe that vapaad is less effective against lightsiders.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It's not a curbstomp. Mace is going down, but he's not "OMGWTFPWNED!"

And Vader wasn't much of a Sith Lord at this time, just a really pissed of Dark Jedi with a recently christened Sith name.

He was a good enough Sith to take out Dooku, who was a Sith.. So i dnt get what your saying.. And So yeah id say this is a curbstomp.

DARTH POWER

Listen up *******. give me the equal quote from DR RIGHT NOW, or STFU. and just a warning, you sure as hell better make sure that quote isn't from dooku's IN-UNIVERSE point of view.

ooohh your warning me... please stop im scared.

youve been given the quote a couple of times and most people seem to agree its not from Dooku's point of veiw.. If we take Dooku's point of veiw he in DR he seems to think he's Yodas equal!

Since you theorized it, you tell ME how vapaad would hold up against 2 sith lords. I prefaced my statement with the words "I don't see." You would be wise to do the same.

Well in terms of technique against the Master of Makashi AND as good as Djem So user there is Vapaad will most fail badly..
In terms of Metaphysical properties is the Vapaad's superconducting loop gna go rotate round the 3 of them?! Urm No.

Finally, who the bloody ****ing hell do you think you are to make such a statement?.

I think im Darth Power.

Then stop making daft fanboy statements like Mace has a chance against 2 extremely powerful sith lords together.

and sorry. i guess. i think your post really rubbed me the wrong way.

and orange is pretty.

Well it was quite an intense and fanatical reply but watever.. not bothered. its not like we're dicussing anything important here Lol

REXXXX
Truejedi, don't make posts like that. That's bashing and you know it. Putting things in spoilers doesn't mean they're not happening.

truejedi
Originally posted by REXXXX
Truejedi, don't make posts like that. That's bashing and you know it. Putting things in spoilers doesn't mean they're not happening.

yeah... I regretted posting that. Almost before I did. Sorry DP.

sad

Red Nemesis
LOL!!! i read Red's post, and thought "no one believes that! " and posted without continuing to read, and the post DIRECTLY after Red's shows i guess at least Ares does believe that vapaad is less effective against lightsiders.

There is a lot of "Mace pwns because of Vaapad" paired with equally unsupported "Mace's Vaapad won't do anything against because they aren't Dark."

Hell, DS used my (only) contribution to Project Holocron as "common knowledge" to disprove my (again, currently unsupported) idea that Vaapad's loop is irrelevant/different from common knowledge.

At this point I can no longer remember my original thesis but when I get the time I'm gonna put some work into it. But not now.

Red Nemesis
And, for the record, I'd be willing to give Mace only between two and three matches out of ten.

mattatom
And, for the record, I'd be willing to give Mace only between two and three matches out of ten. For the record you double posted.

Red Nemesis
for the record I could have triple poasted if I had wished.

mattatom
for the record I could have triple poasted if I had wished. Yes you could have done, for the record, I reported you. Or did I?

Slash_KMC
Is double posting against forum rules?

Slash_KMC
Just a question.

mattatom
Just a question. I think your existance is against the rules.

Slash_KMC
I think your existance is against the rules.

NO U

mattatom
NO U Mature.

Slash_KMC
Mature.

I learn from the best.

mattatom
I learn from the best. Faunus isn't around to hear your accolades so save it until then.

Slash_KMC
Faunus isn't around to hear your accolades so save it until then.

Yeah, I think DS may be right, perhaps he actually did start a social life. *puzzled look*

mattatom
Yeah, I think DS may be right, perhaps he actually did start a social life. *puzzled look* That or he discovered what a woman was, or that he can selfsuck.

Slash_KMC
That or he discovered what a woman was, or that he can selfsuck.

Ew. Srsly.

mattatom
Ew. Srsly. Yes. Srsly. Maybe Neb showed him.

Red Nemesis
I think your existance is against the rules.

*Existence

But, guys? Please keep it clean. I'm running an PG-13 boared up in hur.

mattatom
*Existence

But, guys? Please keep it clean. I'm running an PG-13 boared up in hur. Silence infidel i'm trying to look after twins here it's not easy.

Lord Lucien
Looking back at the past few months here, I think we can officially say that we're running out of stuff to discuss.

truejedi
this has been true for years. Soon we will repeat yet another old argument. just wait and see.

Lord Lucien
It'll coincide with the reemergence of Gideon, Faunus, and Janus all at once. Sorgo will try to sock his way in, Nebaris will gain a 58th wind, and 16 new members will join after they Googled the name of a recently released game or something.

Slash_KMC
It'll coincide with the reemergence of Gideon, Faunus, and Janus all at once. Sorgo will try to sock his way in, Nebaris will gain a 58th wind, and 16 new members will join after they Googled the name of a recently released game or something.

That's how I got here, by Googling for news about KotOR 3.

Jinsoku Takai

And your point is? Do you not want new members? I thought that was the whole point of this type of discussion forum.

truejedi
no, we are laughing(at ourselves) about the irony of spending so many years hashing and rehashing the same arguments. I know i don't really think of it as a negative, and i don't think that is what Lucien meant either.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
And your point is? Do you not want new members? I thought that was the whole point of this type of discussion forum. Gimme a sec, I'll put your offering with the others, here in my Big Bag of Taking Things Too Seriously Now Lighten the PLASTIC BAG Up.

Slash_KMC
Gimme a sec, I'll put your offering with the others, here in my Big Bag of Taking Things Too Seriously Now Lighten the PLASTIC BAG Up.

Can I light the plastic bag up? It's halloween after all.

Lord Lucien
Sure thing, Pumpkin.

DARTH POWER
yeah... I regretted posting that. Almost before I did. Sorry DP.

sad

No worries

DARTH POWER
And, for the record, I'd be willing to give Mace only between two and three matches out of ten.

Yeah maybe if 2 or 3 times out of 10 Mace convinces Anakin to turn on Dooku first.. Lol..

Seriously 2 or 3 out of 10 is a hell of a lot to give Mace in this fight! Could he ouduel both of these 2 at the same time?? The master of Makashi and the guy who outduelled the Master of Makashi both simultaneously?? Impossible!

Or Anakin duels him while Dooku uses the Force on him... Mace cant win even one out of 10 here. This is a complete stomping.

truejedi
read shatterpoint. Mace is capable of incredible speed. (described as invisible) I think dooku at least, would struggle with that kind of speed. Remember, this is the man who out-dueled sidious, whom Dooku was terrified of.

mattatom
read shatterpoint. Mace is capable of incredible speed. (described as invisible) I think dooku at least, would struggle with that kind of speed. Remember, this is the man who out-dueled sidious, whom Dooku was terrified of. Thats also with his fists, imagine the speed with his saber. Interesting point would Vastor take Dooku?

Jinsoku Takai
Thats also with his fists, imagine the speed with his saber. Interesting point would Vastor take Dooku?

Lol... yeah he'd damn sure take Dooku in h2h, but obviously not w/ a saber. Hell, I'd wager that Vastor could take damn near anyone in straight h2h, seeing as how he kicked Mace Windu's ass (who was a mutha ****a himself in unarmed combat).

ares834
read shatterpoint. Mace is capable of incredible speed. (described as invisible) I think dooku at least, would struggle with that kind of speed. Remember, this is the man who out-dueled sidious, whom Dooku was terrified of.
And yet Dooku was called his equal, the only adavntage Mace has over Dooku in sabers is the advantage that Vaapad provides him.

truejedi
i believe Mace and Dooku being equal came with the qualifier "perhaps" before it.

Red Nemesis
i believe Mace and Dooku being equal came with the qualifier "perhaps" before it.

Implying that Mace's equality is tenuous at best while Dooku was amped.

Dooku+ >= Mace

We don't know for sure if
Dooku < or > Mace

truejedi
Implying that Mace's equality is tenuous at best while Dooku was amped.

Dooku+ >= Mace

We don't know for sure if
Dooku < or > Mace

actually, the word PERHAPS throws the entire statement into a "maybe, maybe not" kinda equilibrium.

Perhaps, only mace was his equal, but perhaps, the rest were too. You see?

Red Nemesis
Of all the jedi, perhaps only Mace is his equal.

I see that you could twist it to include everybody, but the implication is that there are no equals, except maybe Mace.

rite?

Slash_KMC
Of all the jedi, perhaps only Mace is his equal.

I see that you could twist it to include everybody, but the implication is that there are no equals, except maybe Mace.

This is the most logical deduction.

truejedi
tis true it is the implication, but since we are using it as a "be-all, end-all" canon statement, it COULD be interpreted the opposite way, thus blunting its unarguability.

Red Nemesis
But to ignore the connotation of a line is just as big an offense as intentionally disregarding the denotation.

truejedi
But to ignore the connotation of a line is just as big an offense as intentionally disregarding the denotation.

no, not as big. it is an offense, to be sure, but certainly not to the point of ignoring its existence. If it were actually a person with a viewpoint, then what you said is true, but since it is text on a page, it, in-and-of itself is not offended, and opening debate over the meaning of the text merely calls into question the small point that can be debated, not the popular interpretation.

DARTH POWER
"On neutral ground of all the other jedi perhaps only Mace Windu could be his equal"

Its quite clear what that means... And that is that AT BEST Mace could be Dooku's Equal.. And no other Jedi (except Yoda whom he was fighting) in fair circumstances would have been Dooku's eqaul at that time(6 months before ROTS).. Of course we know 6 months later Anakin surpassed Dooku, and was more than his equal.

Red Nemesis
no, not as big. it is an offense, to be sure, but certainly not to the point of ignoring its existence. If it were actually a person with a viewpoint, then what you said is true, but since it is text on a page, it, in-and-of itself is not offended, and opening debate over the meaning of the text merely calls into question the small point that can be debated, not the popular interpretation.

Way to ignore the meaning of "offense."

a. A violation or infraction of a moral or social code; a transgression or sin.
b. A transgression of law; a crime.

Criticizing my word choice (erroneously) totally counters the point I made.

I did not understand this sentence:

Could you rephrase this please?

truejedi
i didn't criticize your word choice. I agreed with it. But because you didn't understand this sentence you didn't get that. let me explain.

I agreed, yes, it is an offense to do what i did, because any simpleton can read the sentence and come to the conclusion of what the author MEANT by the "perhaps... only his equal" quote.

I then that the offense I committed was not as bad as if I had ignored the existence of the source entirely. (which would have been a worse offense!)

Red Nemesis
Agreed.

That this ploy succeeded has realigned my default from "no ur dum y r u so rong?" and "well, he's probably not dumb, so I'll interpret for him" to "What do you mean by this?" Things are easier when not facing an enemy.

Hopefully this will allow the level of discourse to increase. (Freeing my immature sniping time up for use against the local paper, which is terrible.)

Edit: wordplay fear

(only instead of *fear*, try *rage*)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.