Superman vs Gladiator.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Fully confident Glads, supes not holding back.

Who wins?

carver9
Gladiator 7 or 8/10

kgkg
Superman.

BattleMage
Glads.Supes will tire first!

iceman24567
Superman

quanchi112
Superman wins a slight majority.

carver9
Glads is bringing

Durability that makes him withstand a solar system destroying blast without even feeling it.
http://img267.imageshack.us/i/wtfshipmh5.jpg/

Planet destroying strength.
http://img367.imageshack.us/i/destroyingworld1wl5.jpg/

Light speed blitz
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/4850/32505489pi3.jpg

And a actual lifting feat ; )
http://img530.imageshack.us/i/55storiespz0.jpg/

snoopdogg
Superman all day son.

Juntai
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Superman all day son.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
Glads is bringing

Durability that makes him withstand a solar system destroying blast without even feeling it.
http://img267.imageshack.us/i/wtfshipmh5.jpg/

Planet destroying strength.
http://img367.imageshack.us/i/destroyingworld1wl5.jpg/

Light speed blitz
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/4850/32505489pi3.jpg

And a actual lifting feat ; )
http://img530.imageshack.us/i/55storiespz0.jpg/ Feats are all well and good but they have never decided anything on their own. It's all about how these characters stack up against each other. Feats don't decide these matchups alone.

The Nuul
Like this hasnt been done before....

iceman24567
Originally posted by The Nuul
Like this hasnt been done before.... Too many times imo and Supes always wins

guy222
thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Feats are all well and good but they have never decided anything on their own. It's all about how these characters stack up against each other. Feats don't decide these matchups alone.

So what decides the fight when its pretty much plain and clear that one of the fighters is more powerful than the other?

quanchi112
So what decides the fight when its pretty much plain and clear that one of the fighters is more powerful than the other? How is it clear Glads is superior to Superman? Thor has matched Glads in strength before so I fail to see a case where Glads even comes out on top in a strength contest between these two let alone Superman.

Supes has beaten better opponents than Gladiator. Who has Gladiator beaten?

iceman24567
So what decides the fight when its pretty much plain and clear that one of the fighters is more powerful than the other? So now it's clear as day that Gladz is more powerful? no expression

carver9
How is it clear Glads is superior to Superman? Thor has matched Glads in strength before so I fail to see a case where Glads even comes out on top in a strength contest between these two let alone Superman.

Supes has beaten better opponents than Gladiator. Who has Gladiator beaten?

Of course Thor is going to give Glads a fight, its thor. Lets not even name all the people thor has given a challenge to and even with glads feats, I would still say that thor is well suited to give him a challenge.

Another thing; you made a point, yes, gladiator win record isnt that great but just put a little thought into it, he's a villian, of course he's going to have bad showings. He put nova down with ease, ran through the entire nova corps without to much trouble, one shotted binary, and one shotted vulcan. In almost all of his encounters they considered him one of the strongest beings in the universe (dont believe it, hyperbole BUT more than one acknowledged that).

He has low showings, I'm not even going to argue against that but in this match, if we go by feats, he is much powerful than supes.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
So now it's clear as day that Gladz is more powerful? no expression

Yes he is; you know that moon moving feat, glad probably could have done that by himself. You know that earth moving feat, glads probably could have done that by himself. You know that pyramid feat, glads would have one handed that.

Glads physically is far more powerful.

quanchi112
Of course Thor is going to give Glads a fight, its thor. Lets not even name all the people thor has given a challenge to and even with glads feats, I would still say that thor is well suited to give him a challenge.

Another thing; you made a point, yes, gladiator win record isnt that great but just put a little thought into it, he's a villian, of course he's going to have bad showings. He put nova down with ease, ran through the entire nova corps without to much trouble, one shotted binary, and one shotted vulcan. In almost all of his encounters they considered him one of the strongest beings in the universe (dont believe it, hyperbole BUT more than one acknowledged that).

He has low showings, I'm not even going to argue against that but in this match, if we go by feats, he is much powerful than supes. We don't just go by feats. he loses to other notable marvel heroes. I think Superman does better than Gladiator. You can't pull the villain card. he has impressive feats but drops the ball against other characters. He isn't always the villain to boot.

Glads isn't more powerful. he even lost to that bum, Masterson Thor.

iceman24567
Yes he is; you know that moon moving feat, glad probably could have done that by himself. You know that earth moving feat, glads probably could have done that by himself. You know that pyramid feat, glads would have one handed that.

Glads physically is far more powerful. Yes of course he could i won't even start i already know you are anti Superman so whatever.

carver9
We don't just go by feats. he loses to other notable marvel heroes. I think Superman does better than Gladiator. You can't pull the villain card. he has impressive feats but drops the ball against other characters. He isn't always the villain to boot.

Glads isn't more powerful. he even lost to that bum, Masterson Thor.

Can you stop bringing up that masterson thor feat because Glads was destroying him and he got dropped due to a sneak attack that would work on anyone.

I also agree, supes does do better since he star in more comics and is the embodiment of dc BUT glads has never been dropped with one punch like supes has (konvikt and despero) and thats a punch that is something that glad can conjure.

carver9
Yes of course he could i won't even start i already know you are anti Superman so whatever.

Let me add more people since you think its all about supes. You know that bridge that wonderwoman had to use her lasso against, glads could have done that with one arm tied behind him back.

iceman24567
Ok let me correct my statement

Yes of course he could i won't even start i already know you are Gladz fanboy

carver9
Ok let me correct my statement

laughing OMG (I do love glads though but that has nothing to do with this battle.)

xJLxKing
Superman wins.

james2099
Gladiator would beat superman to death.... It is amazing how a guy who koes himself ramming a moon is thought to be stronger than a guy who on panel destroyed a planet with his fist. Glads is faster, stronger, has FAR better stamina and is a FAR better fighter.... ALL are well known facts..... supes has been around for a very long time, yet he cannot match any of glads higher feats, and glads is not a main character..Gladiator is NOT based off of this weaker, slower superman... Marvel based him off of the planet smashing version, A FACT that superman fans leave out... Its just like current supes fighting pre-crisis supes and getting his azz murdered.

james2099
Originally posted by james2099
Gladiator would beat superman to death.... It is amazing how a guy who koes himself ramming a moon is thought to be stronger than a guy who on panel destroyed a planet with his fist. Glads is faster, stronger, has FAR better stamina and is a FAR better fighter.... ALL are well known facts..... supes has been around for a very long time, yet he cannot match any of glads higher feats, and glads is not a main character..Gladiator is NOT based off of this weaker, slower superman... Marvel based him off of the planet smashing version, A FACT that superman fans leave out... Its just like current supes fighting pre-crisis supes and getting his azz murdered.

iceman24567
Spam much?

xJLxKing
Troll!

Glad barely beat Colossus in DP Saga

iceman24567
Superman is overall better. Comparable feats but more noteworthy wins.

james2099
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Troll!

Glad barely beat Colossus in DP Saga Superman got knocked down by spiderman, a gasstation explosion.. so what.. TROLL.

james2099
Superman is overall better. Comparable feats but more noteworthy wins. To you he is.. Not marvel.

xJLxKing
Superman got knocked down by spiderman, a gasstation explosion.. so what.. TROLL.
laughing out loud
Sorry not accepted by DC, it's a crossover

iceman24567
To you he is.. Not marvel. Well to DC he is

lawest9
laughing out loud
Sorry not accepted by DC, it's a crossover If he's talking about what i think he is, spidey was charged with red sun radiation from a luthor device.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by lawest9
If he's talking about what i think he is, spidey was charged with red sun radiation from a luthor device.
It doesn't matter. It could have been anything. All that matters is that neither of the companies accept that crossover

james2099
laughing out loud
Sorry not accepted by DC, it's a crossover The daily planet globe and that gas station explosion and being one-shotted on panel is not crossovers... Something that has never happened to gladiator... you see, glads takes multiple shots to the head from thors hammer, a radiation bath and hits from the hulk and blasts that rivals odin and galaxy destroying blasts and gets back up and keep going... supes gets tired, fall dead or gets one shotted and stays on his azz or gets dogpiled.

xJLxKing
The daily planet globe and that gas station explosion and being one-shotted on panel is not crossovers... Something that has never happened to gladiator... you see, glads takes multiple shots to the head from thors hammer, a radiation bath and hits from the hulk and blasts that rivals odin and galaxy destroying blasts and gets back up and keep going... supes gets tired, fall dead or gets one shotted and stays on his azz or gets dogpiled.
The good thing is that I don't have make you look stupid. People just need to read you post if they can even do that, to release you are crazy.

iceman24567
Then he gets wrecked by Guthrie eek! You people and your low feats

james2099
The good thing is that I don't have make you look stupid. People just need to read you post if they can even do that, to release you are crazy. Tell them to read my bank statement... Something that is real and not made up in peoples minds like your sig.

james2099
The good thing is that I don't have make you look stupid. People just need to read you post if they can even do that, to release you are crazy. Another thing, do you think supes win because you say so?? Does it make you mad if other posters say supes lose?? Do you think you are all knowing? People have their own mind and will post who they think will win. The minute someone chooses the other fighter, here you come running your mouth. You cannot change my mind or anyone elses. You chose supes, i chose glads. You bring nothing to debate but insults. You cannot show one scan of supes destroying a planet with strength. You cannot show one scan of him moving at 100 times lightspeed. You present no facts, thus you resort to insults. You lose on so many levels. If you were a lawyer, you would lose every damn case. sad. I would not let you represent me even if they accuse me of raping darkseid.

h1a8
To be honest Superman has done far more impressive things than destroying planets (which takes far less force than moving it). He has moved one (solo), has turned the wheels of Mageddon which dwarfs the Earth moon system, and has proven to exert a force of more than 54 Earths combined, etc.

As far as speed Supes has traveled many lightyears away in mere moments (far more than 100times the speed of light) and has better instant speed (speed from rest) than Glads. As far as I know Glads in not that fast from rest. He needs time to accelerate to speeds faster than light whereas Superman can do so almost instantly. This is shown when he tries to bfr Hulk by carrying him. I don't think Glads can even vibrate, which one must achieve by instantly moving at light speed (or near it).

Lastly Glads is not subject to relativity in the Marvel universe as Superman is in the D.C. universe. As one nears the speed of light their mass increases and thus it would take near more force just to accelerate faster. In other words Supes has to exert more force to accelerate than Glads.

james2099
Originally posted by h1a8
To be honest Superman has done far more impressive things than destroying planets (which takes far less force than moving it). He has moved one (solo), has turned the wheels of Mageddon which dwarfs the Earth moon system, and has proven to exert a force of more than 54 Earths combined, etc.

As far as speed Supes has traveled many lightyears away in mere moments (far more than 100times the speed of light) and has better instant speed (speed from rest) than Glads. As far as I know Glads in not that fast from rest. He needs time to accelerate to speeds faster than light whereas Superman can do so almost instantly. This is shown when he tries to bfr Hulk by carrying him. I don't think Glads can even vibrate, which one must achieve by instantly moving at light speed (or near it).

Lastly Glads is not subject to relativity in the Marvel universe as Superman is in the D.C. universe. As one nears the speed of light their mass increases and thus it would take near more force just to accelerate faster. In other words Supes has to exert more force to accelerate than Glads. It is stated that superman employs the use of boom tubes to travel many lightyears. When flash fought zoom at near light speed, supes was a statue. Glads carried supreme into space, he instantly accelerated to near lightspeed to unearth a machine that was about to fire radiation at him. He instantly accelerated to 100 times lightspeed heading to earth as stated by reed. he accelerated so fast that torch and cannonball did not see him move. You state that it takes far less force to destroy a planet than to move one?? Pushing a planet is more of a flying feat. I can push my car but it will take 50 times that strength for me to hit it and destroy it. Supes koed himself trying to destroy a moon, he needed help to move the moon and the earth. When reed used tech to increase their speed so great that starships seemed to be frozen in time, gladiator increased his speed to catch and engage thor in combat whereas when flash and zoom increased their speed to near light, supes was a statue. Do you think glads would be allowed to kill hulk? Gladiator is noted to be able to rip stars in half, how many earths can you fit in the sun? Glads is based after pre-crisis superman, not current weaker supes. Current supes has never done anything that glads could not do, but glads has done things supes has never done. When glads came to fight wonderman and masterson thor, he was many lightyears away when he heard that beacon, and he used no boomtube to get there and was stated as having near-limitless strength where as current supes needs to sundipp to try and match.

zeel
No competition supes speed blitz's glads.

Glads is far to slow in-combat due to the coefficant of drag brought on by his mohawk =(

-Pr-
It is stated that superman employs the use of boom tubes to travel many lightyears.

he used boomtubes a few times, yes. he doesn't need them usually when he's travelling ftl, which he's done a fair few times (even at extreme velocities). he doesn't need a boomtube.

thread: Superman 7-8/10.

Philosophía
Superman.

The Nuul
Supes will always beat his knock offs.

Face of Olympus
Throw in the rest of the Imperial Guard and this might be more fair.

Seriously , Superman doesn't need any confidence in order to achieve power levels. And if there's anyone that can take your confidence away in a fight, its boy blue. Unless Gladiator is packing Kryptonite, he doesn't stand a chance. Hell, I wouldn't give Gladiator the majority over some of Marvels top tiers.

Naija boy
Supes wins 6-7/10

Badabing
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t301406.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.