feedback please

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NoogDeNoog
Stormtrooper Order of Battle.

Squad: The squad is the smallest unit in the Stormtrooper Order of Battle. A standard Stormtrooper squad consists of 12 troopers: a squad leader, an assistant squad leader and ten squad members. A Storm Commando squad consists 10 troopers: a squad leader, an assistant squad leader and eight squad members. A Scout Trooper squad is called a lance. It consists of five troopers: a lance leader and four lance members.

Platoon: A standard Stormtrooper platoon consists of 50 Stormtroopers. There are four squads and a command element of two. A sergeant commands a platoon.

Company: A standard Stormtrooper company consists of 153 Stormtroopers. There are three platoons and a command element of three. A lieutenant commands a company.

Battalion: A Stormtrooper battalion consists of 820 Stormtroopers. There are five companies, a heavy weapons platoon of 40 Stormtroopers (13 heavy repeating blasters), two scout lances (10 speeder bikes), and a command element of five. A captain commands a battalion. Most Stormtrooper battalions are of the standard type, however, one in four of these is of a specialized nature. These units are called Snowtroopers, Sandtroopers, Seatroopers, and Radtroopers to name a few. Rest assured, there is a specialized Stormtrooper unit for every type of environment in the Empire.

Division: A Stormtrooper division consists of 3,400 Stormtroopers. There are four battalions, a scout troop of eight lances (40 speeder bikes), a Storm Commando platoon of 40, and a command platoon of 40. The command platoon has a command element of four, a standard squad for security and two heavy weapons squads of 12 Stormtroopers each (a total of eight heavy repeating blasters). A commander commands a division.

Legion: A Stormtrooper legion consists of 14,000 Stormtroopers. There are four divisions, a scout squadron of five scout troops and a command element of 5 (205 speeder bikes), a Storm Commando company of 170(a command element of 10 and three Storm Commando platoons), and a command platoon of 25. The command platoon has a command element of 13 and a standard squad for security. A major commands a legion.

Ms.Marvel
what are you asking for feedback on?

NoogDeNoog
on the stuff i just posted on here. tried to expand on the stormtrooper OB a little.

Lord Lucien
Those are your own numbers right? Cause I don't think there were 14,000 Stormtroopers on Endor.

NoogDeNoog
well some of those are numbers i came up with and some aren't. 820 man battalions are in the imperial sourcebook on page 100 and 12 man squads are in the rebel specforce handbook. also, a division of stormtroopers has to be less than 9,700 men because ISD's carried a full stormtrooper division in addition to imperial naval troopers. finally, an SSD carries a full legion of stormtroopers in it's complement of 38,000 troops, so a legion has to be smaller than that.

why do you say that there had to be more than 14,000 stormtroopers on endor. all i have ever seen is that there was only one of the emperor's elite stormtrooper legions on the moon. how else could a bunch of ewoks destroy the imperial garrison. i have read somewhere that the ewok forces numbered somewhere in the millions.

how many stormtroopers do you think were on endor? and maybe that elite legion was just the one assigned to guard the shield generator base that we see in the movies.

finally, in the sourcebooks, it says a stormtrooper division corresponds to an army regiment and a stormtrooper legion corresponds to an army battlegroup. army combat battlegroups range from 14,000 to 16,000 roughly.

if i am missing any information sources, please let me know where they are located so i can adjust this.

Slash_KMC

NoogDeNoog
haha thanks, i see my calculations are pretty realistic and not that different from 30+ years BBY.

i do think i need to change my command structure, have a colonel be in charge of a legion and move everyone else down one unit.

Darth Truculent
A legion typically consits of 5,000 men - at least that's what the Romans used.

Hewhoknowsall

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
...that's for the GAR

Yes, that's what I said:

Read first, react next.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Yes, that's what I said:

Read first, react next.

Oops, my bad.

truejedi
NO!!! NO feedback for you!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.