John Preston versus Bob Lee Swagger...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Bob Lee Swagger is a sense offender in the Nether. John Preston is assigned to bring Swagger to justice, dead or alive. Swagger naturally has all the weapons he used in "Shooter", while Preston has his weapons from "Equilibrium."

Swagger is aware that Preston is coming, he is contacted by the Underground and warned of this the day before Preston comes for him. Can Swagger beat the king shit Cleric, or does Preston get pwned by the USMC Sniper?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Bob Lee Swagger is a sense offender in the Nether. John Preston is assigned to bring Swagger to justice, dead or alive. Swagger naturally has all the weapons he used in "Shooter", while Preston has his weapons from "Equilibrium."

Swagger is aware that Preston is coming, he is contacted by the Underground and warned of this the day before Preston comes for him. Can Swagger beat the king shit Cleric, or does Preston get pwned by the USMC Sniper?

Like I said, anyone who is susceptible to bullets and is approaching on foot, goes down...about a mile out from Swagger's location, first shot.

This is a spite thread. erm

If you wanted to make it more realistic, Swagger wouldn't be aware that the Cleric's are coming after him. He'd find out after John Preston showed up inside the building.

Rogue Jedi
No, we discussed Preston entering a building AFTER Swagger set up a nest. Big difference. Here, Swagger has no idea where Preston will be attacking from, Preston has no idea where Swagger will be, and they are both fully aware of each others capabiities. If Swagger has no idea Preston is coming, then his sniping abilities are nullified. Basically it's a hunt in the Nether.

Rogue Jedi
Gun Kata:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equilibrium_(film)#Gun_Kata

Gun Kata is a fictional gun-fighting martial art discipline that is a significant part of the film. It is based upon the premise that, given the positions of the participants in a gun battle, the trajectories of fire are statistically predictable. By pure memorization of the positions, one can fire at the most likely location of an enemy without aiming at him in the traditional sense of pointing a gun at a specific target. By the same token, the trajectories of incoming fire are also statistically predictable, so by assuming the appropriate stance, one can keep one's body clear of the most likely way of enemy bullets.

If this holds true, then shouldn't Preston be able to predict where and when Swagger will fire?

dadudemon
No, we discussed Preston entering a building AFTER Swagger set up a nest. Big difference. Here, Swagger has no idea where Preston will be attacking from, Preston has no idea where Swagger will be, and they are both fully aware of each others capabiities. If Swagger has no idea Preston is coming, then his sniping abilities are nullified. Basically it's a hunt in the Nether.

No, we discussed any fight against Swagger that he has time to setup...against an opponent that can be killed by bullets...would end up in the opponent's death every time. There's no point to this thread other than spite.

I'm still trying to think of susceptible someone who can survive being sniped....but I can't.

The only people I have are bullet proof people such as The Thing, Dr. Doom, Dr. Manhattan, etc.

Edit - DareDevil couldn't even do jack as the bullet travels 3 times faster than sound, if not faster. He'd be dead before he could "see" the sound from the gun.

dadudemon
Gun Kata:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equilibrium_(film)#Gun_Kata

Gun Kata is a fictional gun-fighting martial art discipline that is a significant part of the film. It is based upon the premise that, given the positions of the participants in a gun battle, the trajectories of fire are statistically predictable. By pure memorization of the positions, one can fire at the most likely location of an enemy without aiming at him in the traditional sense of pointing a gun at a specific target. By the same token, the trajectories of incoming fire are also statistically predictable, so by assuming the appropriate stance, one can keep one's body clear of the most likely way of enemy bullets.

If this holds true, then shouldn't Preston be able to predict where and when Swagger will fire?

No.

John has to be aware of the person, first. It's kind of too late when he has a bullet through his head. (And don't use the argument that John is already aware of the person. That's wrong. He is not aware of Swagger. He has knowledge that Swagger is in the are, not aware...which refers to the senses.)

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
There's no point to this thread other than spite.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Rogue Jedi
No, we discussed any fight against Swagger that he has time to setup...against an opponent that can be killed by bullets...would end up in the opponent's death every time. There's no point to this thread other than spite.

I'm still trying to think of susceptible someone who can survive being sniped....but I can't.

The only people I have are bullet proof people such as The Thing, Dr. Doom, Dr. Manhattan, etc. OK, fair enough, let's say it's the same scenario as the opening scene in Equilibrium, the very first killing of sense offenders.

Swagger is in a huge building, let's say 50 stories high, he is listening to Led Zeppelin and watching The Big Lebowski. He looks out the window from let's say the thirtieth floor and sees Preston pull up in his ugly ass white Caprice.

Swagger has just enough time to grab his weapons and evade, no time for planning, while Preston enters the building on the first floor with his team to kill all sense offenders.

And let's also say that Swagger has a group of sense offenders with him, equalling the number of police Preston has with him, all well armed. BUT, Swagger's main objective is escape. He will help his allies if he can, but his own escape supercedes that. Is it supercede or supersede? haermm

dadudemon
OK, fair enough, let's say it's the same scenario as the opening scene in Equilibrium, the very first killing of sense offenders.

Swagger is in a huge building, let's say 50 stories high, he is listening to Led Zeppelin and watching The Big Lebowski. He looks out the window from let's say the thirtieth floor and sees Preston pull up in his ugly ass white Caprice.

Swagger has just enough time to grab his weapons and evade, no time for planning, while Preston enters the building on the first floor with his team to kill all sense offenders.

And let's also say that Swagger has a group of sense offenders with him, equalling the number of police Preston has with him, all well armed. BUT, Swagger's main objective is escape. He will help his allies if he can, but his own escape supercedes that. Is it supercede or supersede? haermm

Then John kills them all as Gun Kata is so awesome that even being in the center of the room where everyone is firing an automatic weapon at you, results in 0 hits on Preston. John would just storm the room, take everyone at, and not even break a sweat. That includes Swagger.

Rogue Jedi
Swagger will be evading, man. He wont be in the room when Preston enters. He will likely be taking the high ground, armed with his sniper rifle, pistol, assault rifle and pipe bombs. Unless Preston can now teleport right to where Swagger is. The element of surprise is gone the moment Preston pulls up in his car.

And you forget, didnt the cops tell Preston how many men inside that room? Well, those men were shit trained. Swagger, with his USMC training, surely he will have a battle plan devised in case the clerics show.

dadudemon
Swagger will be evading, man. He wont be in the room when Preston enters. He will likely be taking the high ground, armed with his sniper rifle, pistol, assault rifle and pipe bombs. Unless Preston can now teleport right to where Swagger is. The element of surprise is gone the moment Preston pulls up in his car.

And you forget, didnt the cops tell Preston how many men inside that room? Well, those men were shit trained. Swagger, with his USMC training, surely he will have a battle plan devised in case the clerics show.

In addition, Swagger won't have time to setup his Pipe bombs.

Also, Swagger will come to him.

Rogue Jedi
Swagger has all the weapons he had in Shooter, pipe bombs included. They are ready to use from the get to.

How do you figure Swagger will come to him? Swagger knows what Preston can do, man, he isn't an idiot. He's gonna flee, find a good hiding spot, then, when Preston shows his face, BLAM, off with Prestons head. That, or Swagger blows him to bits with a remote detonated pipe bomb.

dadudemon
How do you figure Swagger will come to him? Swagger knows what Preston can do, man, he isn't an idiot. He's gonna flee, find a good hiding spot, then, when Preston shows his face, BLAM, off with Prestons head. That, or Swagger blows him to bits with a remote detonated pipe bomb.

Just cause.

And, if we are going to go ape-shit with explosives, Johyn Preston isn't sent in to a building with explosives. They just launch a ballistic weapon at the building, killing everyone.

If you want a fair match-up, let me know.

Rogue Jedi
But the thing is, the clerics are never shown using ballistic missiles. In all probability, they do not have these "Weapons of war."

See what I did there?

So Swagger hands Preston his ass on a silver platter, glad we are in agreement there.

Quincy
Sad

Rogue Jedi
Indeed. Poor little Preston.

Quincy
RJ buddy, I think you have some issues or something erm

Rogue Jedi
Sure, it's just me and not the others here. They are doing the same thing I am, you know.

Quincy
That makes it better. So much for being your own person.

Rogue Jedi
haermm It's called debating, dude, they think this person will win, I think that person will win, we are discussing the pros and cons of each character. Problem?

dadudemon
No, I don't think Preston will win.

Like I said, if you wan't a fair match-up, let me know.

Rogue Jedi
Aw, Butthurt?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.