Darth Maul vs Lumiya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ares834
Anything goes

SIDIOUS 66
I say Lumiya if she has her light whips.

mattatom
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I say Lumiya if she has her light whips. Agreed that and the fact she can compete with LOTF Luke. Though her bomb tricks won't work on Maul.

KingD19
Lumiya thrashes him, it took Luke using his saber in one hand, a shoto saber in his off hand, and he was going all out because he thought she killed Mara. Maul is nowhere near her league.

Hewhoknowsall
Don't know much about Lumiya, but from what I do know she wins

KingD19
She handed Luke Skywalker his ass, and he was hurt bad after their fight, the messed up part was, she was playing with him.

Red Nemesis
It isn't as though Luke has effortlessly destroyed a being far more powerful in the Force than Lumiya without a thought, or that he is considered "the most dangerous lightsaber combatant in the galaxy" by his nephew (who considers himself the most powerful saber combatant alive) or that the LotF series is riddled with inconsistencies and PIS.

None of that is important.

KingD19
The main reason she won is because fighting against a lightwhip is hard as sh*t no matter who you are. Maul loses because he is nowhere near Luke, who got handled by her at first.

ares834
I still am wondering how Lumiya was able to compete with Luke in LotF, I mean he did manage to thrash her later on with seemingly no effort. And Lobi, a random jedi master, was able to put up a fight against Lumiya and she only won with the help of Aleema... I would personnaly say Maul takes this.

truejedi
Luke won each time though. She gave him heck the first time in LOTF, but the second fight was a total curbstomp, in which LUKE DID NOT use the shoto. Just to clarify.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
It isn't as though Luke has effortlessly destroyed a being far more powerful in the Force than Lumiya without a thought, or that he is considered "the most dangerous lightsaber combatant in the galaxy" by his nephew (who considers himself the most powerful saber combatant alive) or that the LotF series is riddled with inconsistencies and PIS.

None of that is important. Never has been never will be.

Neither is the fact that Luke and Mara couldn't take a droideka.

Hewhoknowsall
Jacen was willing to train as her apprentice, which says a lot.

She also stood up to Luke.

And has a cool energy wip.

BoratBorat
Stood up to luke? LOTF is riddled with inconsistencies.

ares834
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Jacen was willing to train as her apprentice, which says a lot.

Sidious was willing to train Maul as an apprentice... WHich says even more.

Lord Lucien
F*cking OWNED!

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by ares834
Sidious was willing to train Maul as an apprentice... WHich says even more.

...huh?

By Jacen willing to train under Lumiya that means that Lumiya might be above pre-Caedus Jacen, or otherwise why train under someone that's weaker than you?

truejedi
Yoda became Qui-Gonn's padawan. You train under someone weaker than you in order to learn what they know.

Darth Truculent
First battle with Luke - there were civilians in the area causing Luke & Mara to restrict they're attacks.

Second fight - Luke completely kicked her ass. Look it up in the series.

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
First battle with Luke - there were civilians in the area causing Luke & Mara to restrict they're attacks.

Second fight - Luke completely kicked her ass. Look it up in the series.

QFT

Gideon

I love how causing your opponent to lose her footing due to the presence of a F**KING CLIFF, rather than defeat her with an awe-inspiring display of technique, constitutes as a "curbstomp."

Terrain and gravity curbstomped the b1tch, not Luke. Hell, I do recall a line where the final attack was a saberlock that Luke couldn't break until she slipped.

Not to mention... battle rage anyone?

Back on topic, Maul defeats her. His skills have been thoroughly substantiated, he's a high end master of multiple forms and one of the deadliest Sith apprentices in history. Lumiya is lethal, but due to misdirection, distraction, and cunning rather than outright ability.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.