Knights of the old Republic Comic-book coming to an end.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tsal Can
Issue 50 will be the last. Hits sometime in February. Saw this while reading TFN. Damn, really liked this series.

mattatom
Originally posted by Tsal Can
Damn, really liked this series. QFT

Kazenji
Damn

i was expecting to see Alex transform into Darth Malek.

REXXXX
The creators of the KOTOR comic series have mentioned that they are working on another project... and I'm hoping that it is related to KOTOR or maybe a continuation of the series under a different name?

Lord Lucien
It's called CGotOF----Cash Grabbers of the Original Franchise.

REXXXX
Heh. Were you a fan of the KOTOR comics at all, Lucien?

Lord Lucien
I never got around to reading them, and I've never been a fan of comics in general. Much prefer a novel.

That and when I learned that Malak's name was Squint...

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I never got around to reading them, and I've never been a fan of comics in general. Much prefer a novel.

That and when I learned that Malak's name was Squint... SW Comics have mostly been good quality whereas the novels have been, questionable.

Lord Lucien
Lucky for me most of the novels I choose to read are of decent quality.

mattatom
Lucky for me most of the novels I choose to read are of decent quality. Exactly "most". THe best novel by far is "Splinter of the minds eye".

REXXXX
Well, KOTOR currently holds the better storylines and characters compared to the other comics out there. Whether or not you enjoy comics is up to you, of course, but I feel that the KOTOR comics could trump some of the garbage novels out there.

Squint is just a nickname Malak had as a Knight; his name is Alek, though now he uses the Malak name.

Tsal Can
Originally posted by REXXXX
The creators of the KOTOR comic series have mentioned that they are working on another project... and I'm hoping that it is related to KOTOR or maybe a continuation of the series under a different name?

Mandalorian Wars?

Tsal Can
Originally posted by REXXXX
Whether or not you enjoy comics is up to you, of course, but I feel that the KOTOR comics could trump some of the garbage novels out there.

I agree, it will be missed.

Kazenji
The only good SW comics besides this one imo would be Dark Times

Well do you read Graphic Novels then ?

or still don't like comics whatever form they come in.

REXXXX
Agreed, Dark Times has been pretty excellent. Legacy is okay but it suffers from Post-ROTJ Syndrome, trying to top what happened before. My favorite plotlines are the ones that do not involve the Sith whatsoever, though Darth Wyyrlok is a scheming bastard, at least.

Lord Lucien
I just don't enjoy comics, at least not ones that aren't actually comical. Like when Watchmen came out. My friends got right in to the comic book. I couldn't get past the second page.

Don't get me wrong though, it's nice to see a picture given to some characters and events.

REXXXX
Doesn't work for some people.

Kazenji
I just don't enjoy comics, at least not ones that aren't actually comical.

Wow

that leaves out alot of titles...

Lord Lucien
Oh yeah. The stories are usually fine, the characters and plot well-conceived, but the presentation... comic-formatted... ugh.

Kazenji
I don't see the difference erm

your still reading a book just like a novel but instead its with pictures.

truejedi
how sad. but i am not sad, because i didn't read any of them ever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.