Yuga Khan vs a Celestial

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
This is an average Celestial. Both bloodlusted. Who wins?

galactusischere
Celestial
9/10

Omega Vision
You'd really go that high? You know what Yuga Khan is right?

galactusischere
Originally posted by Omega Vision
You'd really go that high? You know what Yuga Khan is right?

Darkesid's daddy?
access to the power of the source and crap.
people agreed that Galactus stomps him so why not the same for a celestial?

King Kandy
A bloodlusted Celestial sounds weird. They don't even have emotions.

Anyway, the celestial wins.

quanchi112
Celestial stomps.

boriquaking55
Celestial 8/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Celestial 8/10 How does the Celestial lose?

Knowsbleed33
Celestial 10/10.

galactusischere
Originally posted by quanchi112
How does the Celestial lose?

a rookie celestial might lose one or two times

guy222
Celestial FTW

King Kandy
Originally posted by galactusischere
a rookie celestial might lose one or two times
What's a rookie celestial, i've never seen any difference between young and old ones at all.

quanchi112
a rookie celestial might lose one or two times Point me to that rookie.

galactusischere
Point me to that rookie.

The ones that Ego beat?

guy222
In Exiles you mean

Remember friend, Celestials 'attacked' Super Ego and not much is know about the outcome, but Ego went insane

Galan007
yuga was able to transform into the primal energies of the source, on a whim. so imo, there is a logical chance that in a neutral universe he might also be able to transform into/harness the energies of hyperspace - to at least a level roughly equal to sue richards.

and if yuga did in fact accomplish the above, he would, in turn, possess no less than exitar-busting power.

just saying... happy

quanchi112
The ones that Ego beat? Is this canon for 616?
Originally posted by Galan007
yuga was able to transform into the primal energies of the source, on a whim. so imo, there is a logical chance that in a neutral universe he might also be able to transform into/harness the energies of hyperspace - to at least a level roughly equal to sue richards.

and if yuga did in fact accomplish the above, he would, in turn, possess no less than exitar-busting power.

just saying... happy That's a bit of a stretch.

King Kandy
If I remember correctly Sue didn't actually hurt the celestial in any permanent sense.

Galan007
That's a bit of a stretch. i don't think so, personally.

Originally posted by King Kandy
If I remember correctly Sue didn't actually hurt the celestial in any permanent sense. uatu stated it would take exitar "a few millenia" to reform. that would certainly constitute a forum win.

King Kandy
uatu stated it would take exitar "a few millenia" to reform. that would certainly constitute a forum win.
Do you have the scans from that? I don't really remember that whole exchange anymore.

Galan007
Originally posted by King Kandy
Do you have the scans from that? I don't really remember that whole exchange anymore.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_f41.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_f42.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_f43.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_f44.jpg

King Kandy
Wow that's pretty lame. Though it never says Exitar will take 1000 years to regenerate, just that that's how long it will take for the celestials to war with the watchers again. In fact iirc Exitar appeared in other comics later on, so it couldn't have taken too long.

Galan007
i was under the impression exitar has not been seen since that issue... could be wrong though

at any rate, what sue did = a win. exitar was obviously incapable of reforming in anywhere near a 'reasonable' amount of time.

King Kandy
Yeah. Really stupid but I guess that works. Silly Odin for not thinking that up.

Knowsbleed33
i was under the impression exitar has not been seen since that issue... could be wrong though

at any rate, what sue did = a win. exitar was obviously incapable of reforming in anywhere near a 'reasonable' amount of time.

Have we seen any hosts judge against planets since? That's about the only time you'll see Exitar.

quanchi112
i don't think so, personally.

uatu stated it would take exitar "a few millenia" to reform. that would certainly constitute a forum win. I do, I feel Yuga and his history strongly dealt with the Source Wall. I feel this is completely different.

Galan007
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Have we seen any hosts judge against planets since? That's about the only time you'll see Exitar. regardless, exitar hasn't been seen since that issue that's all i was saying.

I do, I feel Yuga and his history strongly dealt with the Source Wall. I feel this is completely different. just because yuga had long wanted to learn the 'secrets' behind the source wall, doesn't account for him having the ability to literally transform himself into the same energies of which the source itself is composed, on a whim.

that's why, in a neutral universe, i think it's logical to assume yuga might be able to harness the energies of hyperspace in a similar fashion. quite honestly, approximating powers equal to those of the invisible woman seems like it would be among the lower degrees of hyperspace control one can achieve - yet it's still more than enough to own a higher level celestial.

WhiteWitchKing
regardless, exitar hasn't been seen since that issue that's all i was saying.

just because yuga had long wanted to learn the 'secrets' behind the source wall, doesn't account for him having the ability to literally transform himself into the same energies of which the source itself is composed, on a whim.

that's why, in a neutral universe, i think it's logical to assume yuga might be able to harness the energies of hyperspace in a similar fashion. quite honestly, approximating powers equal to those of the invisible woman seems like it would be among the lower degrees of hyperspace control one can achieve - yet it's still more than enough to own a higher level celestial.

What your saying is a viable tactic for Khan but he's less likely going to accomplish that feat Sue did since she only had to deal with the anti-bodies of Exitar. Yuga Khan has to fight the Celestial itself and destroy it's brain to pull that off.

He'll pull out two or three wins against a Celestial if he can channel hyperspace.

Endless Mike
Most likely the Celestial unless Yuga Khan figures out how to tap into hyperspace.

Omega Vision
I'm thinking that Yuga Khan could shrink down so that he could do the same thing that Sue Strom did.
And when has it been said that Celestials = Galactus?

Endless Mike
I'm thinking that Yuga Khan could shrink down so that he could do the same thing that Sue Strom did.
And when has it been said that Celestials = Galactus?

It only worked because he power was from hyperspace which the Celestials are weak to

Galan007
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
What your saying is a viable tactic for Khan but he's less likely going to accomplish that feat Sue did since she only had to deal with the anti-bodies of Exitar. Yuga Khan has to fight the Celestial itself and destroy it's brain to pull that off.

He'll pull out two or three wins against a Celestial if he can channel hyperspace. i never claimed yuga would take a majority. it's merely my opinion that based on what he's shown the ability to do, it's certainly possible he could approximate the powers of hyperspace/pull out some wins.

WhiteWitchKing
i never claimed yuga would take a majority. it's merely my opinion that based on what he's shown the ability to do, it's certainly possible he could approximate the powers of hyperspace/pull out some wins.

I know you didn't. I'm just pointing out that Sue fighting anti-bodies and had to destroy Exitar's brain to take him down.

quanchi112
regardless, exitar hasn't been seen since that issue that's all i was saying.

just because yuga had long wanted to learn the 'secrets' behind the source wall, doesn't account for him having the ability to literally transform himself into the same energies of which the source itself is composed, on a whim.

that's why, in a neutral universe, i think it's logical to assume yuga might be able to harness the energies of hyperspace in a similar fashion. quite honestly, approximating powers equal to those of the invisible woman seems like it would be among the lower degrees of hyperspace control one can achieve - yet it's still more than enough to own a higher level celestial. I am sure even if this were possible that he couldn't last long enough if Exitar attacked him.

Blanket
In the middle of battle Yuga's like 'Boy, I wonder what it would do if I harnessed an otherwise useless/never used power... it would probably destroy this Celestial!!!', because that's a likely scenerio. Yuga 10/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by Blanket
In the middle of battle Yuga's like 'Boy, I wonder what it would do if I harnessed an otherwise useless/never used power... it would probably destroy this Celestial!!!', because that's a likely scenerio. Yuga 10/10 laughing out loud

Omega Vision
This isn't Exitar, this is an average Celestial.

King Kandy
I know that. Exitar would be even more of a stomp (barring weakness exploitation.)

WhiteWitchKing
This isn't Exitar, this is an average Celestial.

More than enough to manhandle Yuga Khan.

Galan007
In the middle of battle Yuga's like 'Boy, I wonder what it would do if I harnessed an otherwise useless/never used power... it would probably destroy this Celestial!!!', because that's a likely scenerio. Yuga 10/10 imo, a celestial's weakness to hyperspace-based energy would be common knowledge. what would not be common knowledge, however, is how to assume said energies.

...or we can always sweep that instance under the rug.

either way. ermm

Naija boy
With the very little that is known by most about the celestials how would their vulnerability to hyperspace energy be "common knowledge"?

Slaanesh
Celestial FTW

Xplosive
Yuga Khan

KuRuPT Thanosi
I feel that Yuga being able to manipulate/transform into source energy on a whim has a lot to do with that being the source behind his power. It's much more plausible that you'd be able to manipulate something running through you than some unknown outside power that you've never been in contact with imo.

guy222
Defalco's nonsense with Hyperspace was done because Thor was embarassed by the Celestials. Talk about vengeance on a high

Stupid ****er

Never been referenced again

I like Yuga, but he doesn't win here

Galan007
Originally posted by Naija boy
With the very little that is known by most about the celestials how would their vulnerability to hyperspace energy be "common knowledge"? because the one time hyperspace energy was used against one, it was destroyed..?

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I feel that Yuga being able to manipulate/transform into source energy on a whim has a lot to do with that being the source behind his power. It's much more plausible that you'd be able to manipulate something running through you than some unknown outside power that you've never been in contact with imo. with the exception of a few, the power of every single being in the DCU stems from the source. that said, i'm sure you can understand why it might be faulty to assume that's the only reason yuga was able to do what he did. especially when such was never even alluded to:

http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/2262609_yuga1.jpg http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/2262610_yuga2.jpg

and as you can see, even highfather was shocked by yuga's feat.

Originally posted by guy222
Defalco's nonsense with Hyperspace was done because Thor was embarassed by the Celestials. Talk about vengeance on a high

Stupid ****er

Never been referenced again

I like Yuga, but he doesn't win here laughing out loud

regardless, unless that instance is specifically retconned, then it remains canon.

guy222
oh hush

stick out tongue

Omega Vision
Yuga Khan is limited by the fact that he has few appearances but when he did show up he's been shown to be on a whole other level even when compared to skyfathers like Darkseid and Highfather. He's pretty much more powerful than all the other New Gods put together. It's a shame he hasn't appeared again, he was such an interesting concept. I still believe that a Celestial should win a majority but its not a stomp by any means.

WhiteWitchKing
because the one time hyperspace energy was used against one, it was destroyed..?

What he meant was that how can this be common knowledge when it's only one appearance and only a handful of beings were present. This isn't common knowledge to the public or heroes/villains.

Galan007
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
What he meant was that how can this be common knowledge when it's only one appearance and only a handful of beings were present. This isn't common knowledge to the public or heroes/villains. meh, i would rather not get into THAT argument. regardless, it doesn't need to be common knowledge for yuga to potentially transform into it. quite honestly, if yuga went into this battle knowing of the celestials' weakness to hyperspace, he could well take a solid majority. i would only count on him knowing the above, based on his 'cosmic senses'

but as i said before, there is *obviously* no way of knowing whether or not yuga would be able to mimic hyperspace energy - which is why i would only give him a few wins out of ten.

Omega Vision
So if Yuga has prep (ie: knowledge of the hyper-space weakness and knowledge of how to transform into it) he takes 8/10 because the Celestial still might be able to counter the strategy.
Otherwise Celestial 8/10

Naija boy
because the one time hyperspace energy was used against one, it was destroyed..?

.... that has absolutely nothing to do with my question. im talking about how the hell something that has been referenced only once and which hardly anyone even knows about can be seen as "common knowledge".

Blanket
meh, i would rather not get into THAT argument. regardless, it doesn't need to be common knowledge for yuga to potentially transform into it. quite honestly, if yuga went into this battle knowing of the celestials' weakness to hyperspace, he could well take a solid majority. i would only count on him knowing the above, based on his 'cosmic senses'

but as i said before, there is *obviously* no way of knowing whether or not yuga would be able to mimic hyperspace energy - which is why i would only give him a few wins out of ten. In other words, you really don't want to make it look like Yuga gets stomped.

Hell, using your logic, we might as well put Surfer in there because he can make energies and has cosmic senses.

Also lol at a Celestial's weakness being common knowledge.

Galan007
Originally posted by Naija boy
.... that has absolutely nothing to do with my question. im talking about how the hell something that has been referenced only once and which hardly anyone even knows about can be seen as "common knowledge". exact same thing WWK said. read above.

In other words, you really don't want to make it look like Yuga gets stomped.

Hell, using your logic, we might as well put Surfer in there because he can make energies and has cosmic senses.

Also lol at a Celestial's weakness being common knowledge. the notion that yuga could take a few wins, IF he were able to utilize a celestial's weakness, is hardly such an attempt.

yuga has shown the ability to transform into the same energy as the source. thus, the assumption that he might also be able to transform into hyperspace energy is perfectly logical, based on previously established feats.

read above.

Blanket
exact same thing WWK said. read above.

the notion that yuga could take a few wins, IF he were able to utilize a celestial's weakness, is hardly an effort like you mentioned. It is if you're arguing based off a shit load of assumptions.

Omega Vision
Aren't vs threads between characters of different universes always based on assumptions?

Galan007
It is if you're arguing based off a shit load of assumptions. what else is there to base cross-company battles on, dude?

for instance, surfer has never made kryptonite - but based on his feats, most people assume he would be able to in a neutral universe.

that said, yuga having the potential to transform into hyperspace energy is a perfectly logical and justified point, based on his feats.

Blanket
Aren't vs threads between characters of different universes always based on assumptions? no

Blanket
what else is there to base forum battles on, dude?

for instance, surfer has never made kryptonite, but most people assume he would be able to in a neutral universe, based on previously established feats.

that said, yuga having the potential to transform into hyperspace energy is a perfectly logical and justified point, based on his feats. The difference between Surfer/Superman and Yuga/Celestials is that Superman's weakness is common knowledge and Surfer actually uses a lot of matter manipulation. Plus people like to bring up the Gladiator instance... etc.

What feats?
The one time he was next to the Source's energies and replicated it? That probably means he'll go out of his way to create a never talked about or used energy to combat a Celestial.

Like I said, using your logic, we achieve the same result with Surfer in this thread as with Yuga.

Omega Vision
Couldn't Yuga go from planet to planet absorbing life force until he's powerful enough to take the Celestial on his own terms?

Blanket
Couldn't Yuga go from planet to planet absorbing life force until he's powerful enough to take the Celestial on his own terms? Couldn't a Celestial spend millenia gathering energy until he's even more powerful than Yuga who was also gathering energy?

Galan007
The difference between Surfer/Superman and Yuga/Celestials is that Superman's weakness is common knowledge and Surfer actually uses a lot of matter manipulation. Plus people like to bring up the Gladiator instance... etc.

What feats?
The one time he was next to the Source's energies and replicated it? That probably means he'll go out of his way to create a never talked about or used energy to combat a Celestial.

Like I said, using your logic, we achieve the same result with Surfer in this thread as with Yuga. it may be common knowledge that superman is weak to kryptonite, but creating kryptonite is certainly NOT common knowledge. however, most people still claim that in a neutral universe, surfer would be able to create it, based on feats. the exact same thing applies to yuga.

yuga wanted to enter the source, he sensed it's specific energies, he transformed into them, he entered the source. to assume he would be incapable of potentially doing the same basic thing with a celestial/hyperspace, is ridiculous.

Omega Vision
I suppose so but Celestials have never done that so far as I know whereas that's how Yuga regained his power after splitting from the Source Wall.

Blanket
it may be common knowledge that superman is weak to kryptonite, but creating kryptonite is certainly NOT common knowledge. however, most people still claim that in a neutral universe, surfer would be able to create it, based on feats. the exact same thing applies to yuga.

yuga wanted to enter the source, he sensed it's specific energies, he transformed into them, he entered the source. to assume he would be incapable of potentially doing the same basic thing with a celestial/hyperspace, is ridiculous. k, then you're still using three assumptions to the one of Superman vs Surfer.

That's what I just said. He had something to copy off of. And it's not like that even tells him the weakness.
Also, this is a battle btw, not a 'stand there and don't hit me until I figure out your weakness.'

Ridiculous!
There, now my point is better.

Omega Vision
It would be interesting to see Celestials try to study the Source Wall and get trapped on it. Their solution would probably be to send reinforcements. stick out tongue
I don't see how assuming SS would make Kryptonite is much different from Yuga exploiting the Celestial's weakness. Think about it, if they're both occupying a shared, neutral universe and have knowledge of one another then Yuga would be a damn fool to not have some contingency planned in case he had to fight a Celestial (which is more or less inevitable considering Yuga's cosmic stature and the Celestials' love of meddling) If Yuga could unlock secrets of the Source Wall that Izaya couldn't then I don't see why he couldn't discover the Hyperspace weakness.

Blanket
It would be interesting to see Celestials try to study the Source Wall and get trapped on it. Their solution would probably be to send reinforcements. stick out tongue
I don't see how assuming SS would make Kryptonite is much different from Yuga exploiting the Celestial's weakness. Think about it, if they're both occupying a shared, neutral universe and have knowledge of one another then Yuga would be a damn fool to not have some contingency planned in case he had to fight a Celestial (which is more or less inevitable considering Yuga's cosmic stature and the Celestials' love of meddling) If Yuga could unlock secrets of the Source Wall that Izaya couldn't then I don't see why he couldn't discover the Hyperspace weakness. This went from bloodlusted to prep.

Galan007
That's what I just said. He had something to copy off of.

And it's not like that even tells him the weakness.

Also, this is a battle btw, not a 'stand there and don't hit me until I figure out your weakness.' m'kay, even though it was never stated yuga needed the wall to be right in front of him in order to assume the source's energy type, are you forgetting that he would have a celestial right in front of him in this battle?

a celestial's power stems from hyperspace. thus the celestial itself would be yuga's link to it.

you're right. that's why i never once gave yuga favorable odds - just gave a justified opinion as to how he might be able to take a few wins.

Omega Vision
Damn somehow I forgot my own OP specifications embarrasment laughing

Blanket
m'kay, even though it was never stated yuga needed the wall to be right in front of him to assume the source's energy type, are you forgetting he'd have a celestial right in front of him?

a celestial's power stems from hyperspace. that would be yuga's link to it.

you're right. that's why i never once gave yuga favorable odds - just gave a justified opinion as to how he might be able to take a few wins. It never said it, and you're correct. But that's how it happened.

I realize. But again, that's just the power source. That has no telling of weaknesses, or even how the hyperspace would be effective in battle (at least, Yuga wouldn't know).

I am right, I know.
A different thread and Yuga would be taking all the wins, just not here.

Galan007
I realize. But again, that's just the power source. That has no telling of weaknesses, or even how the hyperspace would be effective in battle (at least, Yuga wouldn't know).

I am right, I know.
A different thread and Yuga would be taking all the wins, just not here. the same energy that powers the celestials is also their weakness. sue merely had to focus and hit the "proper harmonic chord" to rupture exitar's shell. so if yuga did assume hyperspace energy, i would logically have to think he'd also be able to hit the right "chord" very quickly.

huh? "in a different thread"? not following.

Blanket
the same energy that powers the celestials is also their weakness. sue merely had to focus and hit the "proper harmonic chord" to rupture exitar's shell. so if yuga did assume hyperspace energy, i would logically have to think he'd also be able to figure out the right "chord" very quickly.

huh? "in another thread"? not following. I didn't learn anything from that post.
I know, but like I said, his energy source doesn't say that that's his weakness. Just because he knows his energy source, that doesn't mean he knows his weakness, and as such that makes it hard to believe he would replicate the energy source. You know what I'm saying?
It makes it even harder to believe that he does so in the middle of battle.

If someone created another thread that had the stipulations of Yuga knowing the Celestial's weakness, then Yuga would probably win.

Galan007
I know, but like I said, his energy source doesn't say that that's his weakness. Just because he knows his energy source, that doesn't mean he knows his weakness, and as such that makes it hard to believe he would replicate the energy source. You know what I'm saying?
It makes it even harder to believe that he does so in the middle of battle.

If someone created another thread that had the stipulations of Yuga knowing the Celestial's weakness, then Yuga would probably win. in a 'best of ten' battle if yuga gets shitstomped the first couple times, he might say "damn, i needs to get me suma dat" - hence the possibility of him attempting to transform into the same energies as a celestial then all he apparently would have to do is exhibit invisible woman-level concentration, to start busting up a celestial

i agree.

Blanket
in a 'best of ten' battle if yuga gets shitstomped the first couple times, he might say "damn, i needs to get me suma dat" - hence the possibility of him attempting to transform into the same energies as a celestial then all he apparently would have to do is exhibit invisible woman-level concentration, to start busting up a celestial

i agree. That is not reaching at all. no expression

Galan007
That is not stretching at all. no expression how is it stretching?

yuga can duplicate very exotic types of energy, nigh-instantly. if he got annihilated by a celestial in one battle, can you honestly say he wouldn't try everything in his bag 'o tricks to win in the following battles? that goes against the very nature of... any character, really.

Blanket
In other words, you really don't want to make it look like Yuga gets stomped.

Galan007
Concession accepted.

Blanket
I am Thanos

Galan007
pray

KuRuPT Thanosi
Question though... I thought vs battles were treated as all new battles each and everytime. Not a oooo I learned this worked pretty well last time before I got stomped so lets try that first etc etc. What is the exact rule here?

Galan007
i was always under the impression that the characters learned from their past battles in an 'out of ten' scenario. otherwise, nothing would differentiate a single battle, from 10... hell 100 battles - as they'd all have the exact same victor.

Omega Vision
That could be. Of course the ten out of ten might be differentiated by random choices. Ie whether Yuga just goes for the throat or if he takes his time. Then again since both are bloodlusted the ten fights might be incredibly similar. In any case Yuga wouldn't be the only one to learn from the earlier fights so the Celestial takes a majority still. When I made this thread I assumed that Celestials were high skyfather level beings, now I know they're much more powerful than that. Still Yuga Khan is one of the few non abstract beings in the DCU with the power to keep a being like Galactus on his toes. The Celestial won't win easy.

KuRuPT Thanosi
i was always under the impression that the characters learned from their past battles in an 'out of ten' scenario. otherwise, nothing would differentiate a single battle, from 10... hell 100 battles - as they'd all have the exact same victor.

Yeah I just don't know the exact rule and maybe a mod could clarify this question. I will say, just because you might not be able to learn from your past fights, doesn't mean you'll attack the same way. Either way I guess I just never knew the exact ruling on this.

Badabing
in a 'best of ten' battle if yuga gets shitstomped the first couple times, he might say "damn, i needs to get me suma dat" - hence the possibility of him attempting to transform into the same energies as a celestial then all he apparently would have to do is exhibit invisible woman-level concentration, to start busting up a celestial

i agree. Wait...what? Are you talking about when someone posts "So and so wins 6/10"? If so that's just an expression of percentages won. Close battles like Supes vs Thor or Bats vs Cap are never a stomp and people use the fractions to show their opinion.

The vs forum is set up as who would win a single fight unless otherwise noted in the opening post. There is no learning by one character involved or best out of 10 fights. Tourny and gauntlet rules don't apply here in the vs forum.Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Question though... I thought vs battles were treated as all new battles each and everytime. Not a oooo I learned this worked pretty well last time before I got stomped so lets try that first etc etc. What is the exact rule here? Hope that helps.

Galan007
Originally posted by Badabing
Wait...what? Are you talking about when someone posts "So and so wins 6/10"? If so that's just an expression of percentages won. Close battles like Supes vs Thor or Bats vs Cap are never a stomp and people use the fractions to show their opinion.

The vs forum is set up as who would win a single fight unless otherwise noted in the opening post. There is no learning by one character involved or best out of 10 fights. Tourny and gauntlet rules don't apply here in the vs forum. hmm, i've seen 'best of ten' scenarios used in the same way i described on the versus forum ever since i joined - ie. the characters involved learning as the various battles progressed, in order to figure out more suitable tactics

apparently that's not how shit rolls though. thumb up

Badabing
hmm, i've seen 'best of ten' scenarios used in the same way i described on the versus forum ever since i joined - ie. the characters involved learning as the various battles progressed, in order to figure out more suitable tactics

apparently that's not how shit rolls though. thumb up You can make a thread with those stipulations, especially with characters like Taskmaster and Prometheus.

KuRuPT Thanosi
hmm, i've seen 'best of ten' scenarios used in the same way i described on the versus forum ever since i joined - ie. the characters involved learning as the various battles progressed, in order to figure out more suitable tactics

apparently that's not how shit rolls though. thumb up I see both sides of the argument really. I get what your saying and agree that could be a good way of looking at things. The flip side to that is it open up the door to then people saying... Ooo he learned from the first battle and now it pwns 9/10. It then becomes kinda like a prep battle when you remember what did and didn't work before and can thus bring new tactics to the table. I see both points.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Badabing
Wait...what? Are you talking about when someone posts "So and so wins 6/10"? If so that's just an expression of percentages won. Close battles like Supes vs Thor or Bats vs Cap are never a stomp and people use the fractions to show their opinion.

The vs forum is set up as who would win a single fight unless otherwise noted in the opening post. There is no learning by one character involved or best out of 10 fights. Tourny and gauntlet rules don't apply here in the vs forum. Hope that helps. This is exactly how I thought it went. I never ever thought a character learned from his losses and kept his memories. Each battle was completely separate with a character maybe taking a different action but not because he had any memory of any previous battles.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.