The mightiest of Angels vs the Mightiest of Celestials

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Not including Lucifer or Michael for the Angels. And not including Scathan for the Celestial side.

galactusischere
Tiamut, Exitar, TOAA, Arishem Vs.?

Prep-Man
the 7 first angeks, minus Michael. Spectre, Asmodel, Zuariel in true form, and the one from Great Evil Beast saga. Forgot his name.

galactusischere
how many celestials?
only 4

King Kandy
Isn't Gabriel supposed to be close to Lucifer and Michael in power anyway?

Prep-Man
Was Gabriel one of the OG 7? I think so.

King Kandy
I just remember the scan where The Presence creates Gabriel mike and lucy and tells them their roles, and he made it sound like they were all equals. But Gabriel always kind of seems in the background compared to the other two.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by King Kandy
I just remember the scan where The Presence creates Gabriel mike and lucy and tells them their roles, and he made it sound like they were all equals. But Gabriel always kind of seems in the background compared to the other two.

Gabriel got tricked by John Constantine

Omega Vision
I think the Angels win this.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Like I said, I don't know what he's done.

kevdude
Originally posted by Endless Mike

I would agree but the circumstances in which that happened shows how tricky John is, even tricking the First of the Fallen a few times, not many would want to do that. Gabriel didn't get tricked by John standing right in front of him, he did it behind his back and used a demon cloaked as a angel all the time while in the dark to accomplish it. The whole time Gabriel and John meet Gabriel always mistrusted him and never gave him the time of day.

Gabriel has been shown fighting Lucifer in the Great War (before the Universe was made). Destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah with The Spectre. He was able to stay alive with his heart ripped out, until the First of the Fallen got a hold of it.

Hewhoknowsall
I don't know much about DC angels, but...

what's the point of their existence? They're insignificant compared to Michael/Lucifer...

Which also confuses me in Christianity...why does God need an army? Isn't he like all powerful? Couldn't he just blink away any enemy that he sees?

Omega Vision
DC cosmology is a confused jumble (its the inability of DC to straight up separate Vertigo and DC proper really). There's Heaven and then there's the Silver City. The Silver City isn't the home of the Presence but it does have some connection to him. I think the Christian God in DC is separate from the Presence in most cases and he sits in the Silver City tended by guys like Zauriel and I imagine he's just a God that got the lion's share of the Godwave which explains why his Angels are so damn powerful when compared to the deities of other religions. So I think Lucy and Mike are separate from Zauriel, somehow. The less you think about DC's Heaven and Hell the better.

Prep-Man
Zauriel in his angelic form was able to grow very large. the point where he grabbed earth and cleansed it with one hand. He was indeed powerful. Asmodel had reality warping powers, I believe and cannot truly be destroyed.

Blanket
I don't even know who's in this thread, as characters keep being taken out.

Omega Vision
Sometimes it seems as if the Spectre is actually just a mid-ranking Angel in terms of power, in which case the Celestials get stomped.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
I don't know much about DC angels, but...

what's the point of their existence? They're insignificant compared to Michael/Lucifer...

Which also confuses me in Christianity...why does God need an army? Isn't he like all powerful? Couldn't he just blink away any enemy that he sees?

IDK maybe god is too busy being a pimp to deal with matters like the war between heaven VS Hell.

Omega Vision
God needs his angels to be superpowerful dicks that from time to time butt heads with Earth's superheroes but when shit hits the fan are either nowhere to be found or "forbidden from interfering"

Endless Mike
I don't know if it still counts but I remember that a fodder angel was able to physically contend with PC Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.