Ever had a nightmare/dream come true?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
I've never had a dream come true...unfortunately I had a nightmare come true, my girlfriend dumped me and told me I'd never get her back...and then 2 days later it happened sad

lord xyz
No. Never.

steverules_2
shame...

lord xyz
Well, I think JFK had a nightmare on Elm Street.

But that's all I've got.

steverules_2
Better than nothing I guess erm

One Free Man
No, but i have had the feeling i've seen aspects of some scenarios in dreams. A sort of wierd deja-vu-ish thing.

steverules_2
Interesting

Rogue Jedi
I dreamt once that I crapped my pants.

dadudemon
A small portion of my dreams are lucid almost every night. Sometimes, I confuse reality for dreams.

Such as, last night, I dreamt that it was today, Sunday, and that I pulled up to work. I was getting my things out of my car and walking towards the building. Then, I had an epiphany: I remembered that I had Asset Management Training that I was supposed to do on Wednesday. It was the last shot to actually get the training in and I was super worried about missing the training a second time. I couldn't believe that I missed the training as I set an alarm on my phone for that day and there was no way I could have missed that alarm as I was awake at the time. I then had thoughts of why my phone didn't go off.

I then worried about what my boss was going to say or how he was going to fix the situation. I was carrying my Lunch box and pulling my tote bag in my right hand. I was walking on the side-walk. When I got to about the 7th to last cement panel (I was looking down while thinking), I realized that there is nothing that could be done about it and I didn't need the training anyway. I reassured myself that the training was difficult to actually attend as I am off on Wednesday's, anyway. I then set my lunchbox down, which was in my left hand, then used my left hand to scan into the security panel to unlock the door.

I told you all that to tell you this: I realized today, on my way to work, when I was experiencing the deja vu moment, that the training was next Wednesday. I was like, "ah damn. I was worried about nothing." as the dream was so real that I just assumed that it was a truth. (I thought about missing asset training, earlier today, and just assumed that I had missed it and started to think about what the boss was going to do.)

Another lucid dream that I had recently was about my razor. I dreamt that my wife had placed it in the cabinet above the toilet. The next morning, when I went to shave, I went straight for the cabinet, honestly assuming that the razor was placed that because I "saw" my wife do it in the dream. When I couldn't find it, I became frustrated. I then realized that it was still on the right of my sink in the bathroom, where I had left it. Then I realized that my wife had only put it in the cabinet in my dream.

I know this isn't the same as a dream coming true, but is it a dream that I thought was true, with full honesty, but realized it wasn't.

I asked inimalist about this and he said it is normal, so I don't feel so bad about it. However, I do feel quite foolish when the epiphany hits me.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by One Free Man
No, but i have had the feeling i've seen aspects of some scenarios in dreams. A sort of wierd deja-vu-ish thing.

i feel this a lot. just recently, i had a couple of recurring dreams of a) i turned on the faucet and it wouldn't shut off, and b) i had no control over a car i was driving.

and i did that, once, after all those dreams. i turned on a faucet and i couldn't turn it off. it's a freaky deja-vu because this happening has happened in a lot of dreams, recurring and recurring. so when i got there in real life, it was just one of those moments where you feel like you understand it all and then - wham! it's too big for you so you go into shock mode.

it happened with the car, too. i was backing it out of a driveway, and had released the parking lever. i hadn't put my keys in yet though, but the car rolled backward with increasing speed and stepping on the brakes didn't work so i sat there with the creepy shock feeling until the car came to a stop going up the driveway across the street.

it's very weird. now, it's like that's what needed to happen, because i don't have those dreams any more. i'm always in control of the car, and the i never have difficulties with a faucet whilst dreaming. there have been a lot of other things as well, just little everyday things that i dream about extremely often and then happen, or i'll see something and remember a snippet of dream.

crazy stuff, man.

chomperx9
ive had nightmares of my parents trying to murder me.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I dreamt once that I crapped my pants.

...and had you?

I'm sure you said you did once hmm

Hitosu Moriko
I had a dream that my dad would get runover by a car and it came true 3 days later i laughed cause i hate the bastard for turning me to a bastard but he's still alive and yea

steverules_2
I think I'm winning

Nemesis X
I had a nightmare about going to school and that was true.

Also, I'm getting a lot of Anime dreams. Sure makes me wish I can somehow be in the world of Anime/Manga and meet everybody. Oddly I had one dream about me hugging Tsunade (before you ask, no I don't have a geek crush on her) no expression

There was also one dream where I was at a wedding with the entire Bleach cast there. The ones getting married I think were Ichigo and Orihime and I kinda wanted to get out of there because Ikakku kept challenging me to a fight. The only reason I didn't leave was because Rangiku wanted me to sit next to her.

BakaXero
it has happened a few time... but i can't remember one to tell you now.
But i do have these weird scenarios where i haven't seen someone for a long time, by long time i mean years, but then suddenly one day i remember them and usually the next day for some reason I bump into them.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by steverules_2
...and had you?

I'm sure you said you did once hmm Bewbz.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Bewbz.

I'd say where but...well...my avatar awesome

NemeBro
Not that I can recall, my dreams are generally so nonsensical and surrealistic that the chance of them manifesting in my life are highly unlikely.

steverules_2
Well my nightmare wasn't completely right, I didn't climb a ladder up boxes to get to my girlfriend or...ex girlfriend I should say

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.