Resistance 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/11/resistance-3-billboard-appears-way-ahead-of-its-time/

That's right PS3 owners, Insomniac will be making a third Resistance game.

Phanteros
Why am I'm not surprised?

S_D_J

Tsal Can
Wow, way to confirm Nemesis

Smasandian
I hope they fix the gamey factor the game has.

Just give me a sec to explain.

They make a huge effort to create a interesting world and alternate universe. They try to create this engrossing story. They succeed a tincy wee bit.

But the game feels like a game. Play Half Life 2, or even Uncharted 2, the gameplay makes you feel like your in the world and you really feel the story and characters belong through gameplay. Resistance not so much.

For example, whenever you face off against huge boss fights, they're exciting but when you face off against 15 of the same boss and it's annoyingly hard it feels like your playing a game. It's hard to explain but I never felt engrossed in the story. I just felt, "oh great, I have to kill those things again and they just put them there because they want to make the game challenging".

Nemesis X
With the statue of liberty being in the title, It's obvious this game will be set in New York.

Tsal Can
What I meant was, there is no obvious ways to see this as a confirmation. It may or may not be. What I used earlier was the ancient Chinese art of sarcasm.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Tsal Can
What I meant was, there is no obvious ways to see this as a confirmation. It may or may not be. What I used earlier was the ancient Chinese art of sarcasm.

So what you're saying is that even with the billboard, there may not be a Resistance 3? That's bull. That's like saying even with that huge Leviathan poster in LA, there won't be a Resistance 2 and yet we still got one.

In case nobody knew, yes, Insomniac promoted R2 by planting a huge poster of the Leviathan (from Resistance 2) on a building but since the year passed, I think it got torn down.

Zack Fair
I have no problem with Resistance. Its multiplayer is fun and the campaign is quite good. I'll be reserving this.

Dark Exile
Originally posted by Nemesis X
So what you're saying is that even with the billboard, there may not be a Resistance 3? That's bull. That's like saying even with that huge Leviathan poster in LA, there won't be a Resistance 2 and yet we still got one.

In case nobody knew, yes, Insomniac promoted R2 by planting a huge poster of the Leviathan (from Resistance 2) on a building but since the year passed, I think it got torn down.

Ofcourse there is going to be a Resistance 3, it doesnt take a fool to know that. It has just not been officially confirmed.
There have been advertisements for nonexistent things before. This is on a movie set after all. Anyone remember the BatMan and Superman banner in I Am Legend?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Dark Exile
Ofcourse there is going to be a Resistance 3, it doesnt take a fool to know that. It has just not been officially confirmed.
There have been advertisements for nonexistent things before. This is on a movie set after all. Anyone remember the BatMan and Superman banner in I Am Legend?

Well it seems pretty strange that out of all the make believe games there could've been on the billboard, Resistance 3 had to be on there no expression

Zack Fair
How does the Batman and Superman banner in a movie have anything to do with it?

S_D_J
Originally posted by Zack Fair
How does the Batman and Superman banner in a movie have anything to do with it?

he means that a billboard in a movie doesn't make what's advertised in said billboard real.

In the case of I Am Legend, they made a fake poster of "Batman VS Superman - The Movie" just for the movie, it wasn't real, it was just a wink, an easter-egg... never meant to be real.

The R3 poster is in the same situation, a billboard made for a movie, that's supposed to be set (and be released) the same year the video-game will be release or advertised... it's just planning ahead.

the difference is that a Resistance 3 game is more likely to happen then a Batman VS Superman movie....

and it serves as confirmation of R3 happening (it is pretty obvious)... the setting, however, it's not confirmed

BTW: I started to formally play Resistance 1, next week I'll finally play, all the way through, Resistance 2... and then Retribution

Zack Fair
Kickass.

Resistance for the win. Unfortunately I can't finish Retribution yet since I let a friend borrow it so he can play vice city stories...hey he did mod my shitbox after all awesome

Thanks for clearing the movie deal. Wasn't aware the sign was made for a movie.

However R3 is so obviously on the way...heck even Nathan said R2 was just the beginning.

Nemesis X
However R3 is so obviously on the way...heck even Nathan said R2 was just the beginning.

Right before Capelli blew his brains out. Now who's gonna be the main character? Better not be Capelli. I don't like that guy.

Zack Fair
I didn't like him either. I don't like the guy in retribution either. I wonder who could fit the bill.

Nemesis X
I didn't like him either. I don't like the guy in retribution either. I wonder who could fit the bill.

Maybe with Nathan's powers, he can regenerate even when shot in the head?

Zack Fair
I was thinking about that too...but I think that would be bad for the ending of R2. Nathan was badass but I think he should stay dead. Kind of ruins the whole "Sacrificed his humanity for the sake of mankind" stunt he pulled.

S_D_J
thanks for the spoiler tags, I never finished R2... now I'm off this thread until next week big grin

Nemesis X
I was thinking about that too...but I think that would be bad for the ending of R2. Nathan was badass but I think he should stay dead. Kind of ruins the whole "Sacrificed his humanity for the sake of mankind" stunt he pulled.

How would that ruin the ending of Resistance 2? Resistance fans are shocked for over a couple years after seeing Nathan getting shot in the head and when he makes a miraculous return in part 3, they're gonna cheer.

I would like to call R2's ending a temporary shock until we see him again which will raise his popularity.

Zack Fair
Dude...spoilers *sigh*

It ruins it because it takes away from Nathan's sacrifice

AsbestosFlaygon
Man, I am so pumped up with all the cool upcoming games coming up for the 360 and PS3!

This, GoWIII, and Left 4 Dead 2 are on top of my 'want' list.

I'm gonna piss my bro off with that crappy Wii of his. LOL!

Nemesis X
Here's the trailer.

qi7jLhGwuZA

S_D_J
yep! woop Official!!!

I absolutely loved R2, a bigger improvement over the first one.

can't wait for this one

Nemesis X
I just found out that Capelli will be the main character...

WWaLxFIVX1s

Smasandian
As a I said before, if they fix the "gamey factor" I'll be more inclined to play it but the first two games were annoying at times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.