Hercules vs Sasquatch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Battle to the death. No BFR.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/25807/615247-herc126_cov_super.jpg http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31499/774809-sasquatch_00_super.jpg

-K-M-
They have fought and looked pretty even, but I would give the nod to Hercules.

tkitna
Hercules

-K-M-
To the death? Oh Tanaraq might not let that happen, but regardless Hercules should win a straight up fight.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -K-M-
To the death? Oh Tanaraq might not let that happen, but regardless Hercules should win a straight up fight. yep, to the death.

could herc beat a tanaraq amped Walter?

-K-M-
Originally posted by Starscream M
yep, to the death.

could herc beat a tanaraq amped Walter?

Depends how amped, as it has been shown to have different levels of power. One version Tanaraq took over and just looking at someone he could attack their body and soul at the same time. Another version which is from the pic you posted, Tanaraq made walter see illusions and made it seem friends were enemies and Walter took it to Beta Ray Bill till he had a mental breakdown. That version apparently took a hit that could shatter a planet, and a vibranium shield (which is extremely durable) shattered against Walter's hide.

Starscream M
Depends how amped, as it has been shown to have different levels of power. One version Tanaraq took over and just looking at someone he could attack their body and soul at the same time. Another version which is from the pic you posted, Tanaraq made walter see illusions and made it seem friends were enemies and Walter took it to Beta Ray Bill till he had a mental breakdown. That version apparently took a hit that could shatter a planet, and a vibranium shield (which is extremely durable) shattered against Walter's hide. well, both versions you just described would seem to be able to beat herc.

-K-M-
well, both versions you just described would seem to be able to beat herc.

1st yes, but he was more Tanaraq then Walter and 2nd unknown as Beta Ray Bill and Hercules are similar in strength, but without the hammer.

Here's Walter and Hercules breif scuffle (non-amped). Hercules sucker-punched him twice, but Walter appeared to be ok more annoyed then anything
1. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlightv1101-01.jpg
2. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlightv1101-02.jpg
3. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlightv1101-03.jpg

snoopdogg
yep, to the death.

could herc beat a tanaraq amped Walter? Beta Ray Bill did.

Knowsbleed33
I don't think they could kill each other.

-K-M-
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Beta Ray Bill did.

No he didn't, the fight was interupted and then Walter had the mental breakdown

snoopdogg
No he didn't, the fight was interupted and then Walter had the mental breakdown Walter had a mental breakdown after BRB hit him with the hammer and Pointer intervened.

-K-M-
Walter had a mental breakdown after BRB hit him with the hammer and Pointer intervened.

Correct, but Walter was not defeated or out of the fight. He had his bell rung and then he had the breakdown. BRB did not beat him, could he? Definetly possible, but he didn't there,

snoopdogg
Correct, but Walter was not defeated or out of the fight. He had his bell rung and then he had the breakdown. BRB did not beat him, could he? Definetly possible, but he didn't there, He looked out of it even if it was briefly before Pointer intervened.

-K-M-
He looked out of it even if it was briefly before Pointer intervened.

Because he had his bell rung from a hit that apparently could have shattered a planet. He then quickly recovered and Talisman began to talk to him and tried to exorcize Tanaraq from him.

snoopdogg
Bill hit him with a hit that can smash a planet?

-K-M-
Bill hit him with a hit that can smash a planet?

Apparently, as just before he hit BRB bragged about with this hammer he has shattered planets with it and then hit Walter and over at Oeming's board (jinxworld) he suggested it too.

Also it was Oeming that wrote this and Stormbreaker I could see it being likely considering Walt was amped at the time.

snoopdogg
You'd think a planet busting attack would have been a littlre more dramatic imo.

-K-M-
You'd think a planet busting attack would have been a littlre more dramatic imo.

They wern't in Oeming's stormbreaker till BRB hit the planet itself.

snoopdogg
They wern't in Oeming's stormbreaker till BRB hit the planet itself. The hammer hit Sasquatch in face and it didn't look all that powerful imo.

-K-M-
The hammer hit Sasquatch in face and it didn't look all that powerful imo.

You could say the same for every hit Thor, Thunderstrike and BRB do, but we know they are powerful.

Master Court
If Hercules wants to beat him, it's over.

If Hercules wants to kill him, it's all over.

-K-M-
Agreed, killing would be hard but if Hercules does it quick I think it could be possible.

snoopdogg
I have been wondering something about that Omega Flight series. Why did Tanaraq need to use the Wrecking Crew to get Sasquatch near him? Why couldn't he just make him come by himself?

-K-M-
I have been wondering something about that Omega Flight series. Why did Tanaraq need to use the Wrecking Crew to get Sasquatch near him? Why couldn't he just make him come by himself?

He has before as well as the other Beasts made him come to their services, but Walter has developed a immunity to following their orders directly I believe.

PowerHerc
Hercules wins this one. Sasquatch is out-classed in evey way except size and I.Q.(and I.Q. doesn't mean being a smart or skilled fighter). Herc uses his centuries of combat experience and far superior strength, stamina and durability to regretably slay Sasquatch.

snoopdogg
1st yes, but he was more Tanaraq then Walter and 2nd unknown as Beta Ray Bill and Hercules are similar in strength, but without the hammer.

Here's Walter and Hercules breif scuffle (non-amped). Hercules sucker-punched him twice, but Walter appeared to be ok more annoyed then anything
1. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlightv1101-01.jpg
2. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlightv1101-02.jpg
3. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlightv1101-03.jpg BTW where do we see Sasquatch cheapshotted? We don't see it do we?

-K-M-
BTW where do we see Sasquatch cheapshotted? We don't see it do we?

Read the text, it strongly suggests Hercules started it for no reason from his comments and the Avengers comments towards Hercules. Also not the first time Hercules has done that

juggernaut74
But we do not see it.

iceman24567
Read the text, it strongly suggests Hercules started it for no reason from his comments and the Avengers comments towards Hercules. Also not the first time Hercules has done that I tend to agree Herc doesn't usually fight fair.

Mindset
Herc ALWAYS fights fair, you definition of fair is just wrong. big grin

snoopdogg
Originally posted by juggernaut74
But we do not see it. True.

Spire
Herc.

-K-M-
Originally posted by juggernaut74
But we do not see it.

No, but we are directly told it erm

Knowsbleed33
The hammer hit Sasquatch in face and it didn't look all that powerful imo.

I agree with this. BRB did make mention of being able to destroy a planet with a hammer strike, but the one he hit Walter with was clearly not the same level.

Not that I think it would've mattered at that point. Walter was on another level.

Kris Blaze
How strong can Sasquatch become when he taps in to Tanaraq?

This is he only shot at taking home some wins.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
I agree with this. BRB did make mention of being able to destroy a planet with a hammer strike, but the one he hit Walter with was clearly not the same level.

Not that I think it would've mattered at that point. Walter was on another level.

Errr? It looked like every other hammer strike Thor, Thunderstrike, BRB has ever done except this one had some special FX coming from it.

Oeming himself tend to suggested it was, and that strike looked like the same hits from what he was hitting Stardust with in Stormbreaker (also written by Oeming) erm

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
How strong can Sasquatch become when he taps in to Tanaraq?

This is he only shot at taking home some wins.

We don't know the limits, but I think Herc can put him down before he gets to crazy.

snoopdogg
No, but we are directly told it erm Where?

And you honestly think Hercules cheap shotted him twice? I don't see how Herc. could have punched him again without Walter knowing it was coming.

D-Block
Originally posted by iceman24567
I tend to agree Herc doesn't usually fight fair.

Herc was not serious he was just playing basicly.

Knowsbleed33
Errr? It looked like every other hammer strike Thor, Thunderstrike, BRB has ever done except this one had some special FX coming from it.

Oeming himself tend to suggested it was, and that strike looked like the same hits from what he was hitting Stardust with in Stormbreaker (also written by Oeming) erm

It looked the same in that he was swinging a hammer, you can't really make that look like anything else.

I'm talking about the energy and the outcome.

-K-M-
Where?

And you honestly think Hercules cheap shotted him twice? I don't see how Herc. could have punched him again without Walter knowing it was coming.

Pages 2-3, his comments and the Avengers directly talking about how Hercules is a fool and why would he do that? Pretty clear he wanted to fight Walter to lighten the mood while Sasquatch even mentioned Hercules started it erm

Clearly you never boxed before, it's quite easy to follow up a shot after an inital suckerpunch.

It looked the same in that he was swinging a hammer, you can't really make that look like anything else.

I'm talking about the energy and the outcome.

Look at what happened in Stormbreaker same thing and even Oeming mentioned it personally to me. I was on a first name basis with him and he even put my name in a special thanks section of his comic.

snoopdogg

Clearly you never boxed before, it's quite easy to follow up a shot after an inital suckerpunch.

But in boxing they don't stop after the first punch and have a conversation and punch you again. eek!

juggernaut74
Originally posted by snoopdogg But in boxing they don't stop after the first punch and have a conversation and punch you again. eek! Pretty much.

-K-M-
But in boxing they don't stop after the first punch and have a conversation and punch you again. eek!

and where did they have a conversation? and regardless have you been in a fight in generaly? One sucker punch can rock and daze you and most fighters do not recover right away. Look at any mma fight when one fighter gets dazed, and in some matches a punch after they were dazed can actually "wake" the person up.

snoopdogg
and where did they have a conversation? and regardless have you been in a fight in generaly? One sucker punch can rock and daze you and most fighters do not recover right away. Look at any mma fight when one fighter gets dazed, and in some matches a punch after they were dazed can actually "wake" the person up. They didn't have a conversation. Hercules stopped to say a few words then punched Sasquatch again. And Sasquatch wasn't dazed at all so that point is not really valid.

-K-M-
They didn't have a conversation. Hercules stopped to say a few words then punched Sasquatch again. And Sasquatch wasn't dazed at all so that point is not really valid.

Exactally, and you know this how? erm

snoopdogg
So are you saying a holding back Hercules was able to daze Sasqsuatch?

-K-M-
So are you saying a holding back Hercules was able to daze Sasqsuatch?

from a sucker punch? yes its definetly possible and has happened many times in comics, and even in the real world a sucker punch from a weaker (not Hercules, he is stronger here) can rock a stronger fighter if he is not prepared for it. That's fact. erm

snoopdogg
But on the first page you said he appeared to be ok and just aggravated. I agree with that. However I don't agree with the suckershot.

-K-M-
But on the first page you said he appeared to be ok and just aggravated. I agree with that. However I don't agree with the suckershot.

Because he recovered from the intital shot, not that hard to grasp really especially when it follows other fights and real world situations.

A sucker punch can leave the oppoenent with disorientation as they didn't know what just happened until they get their bearings back. That very well could have been what happened here and is highly probable.

snoopdogg
You lost me. You said he got sucker shotted twice but recovered after the second one rather than the first?

-K-M-
You lost me. You said he got sucker shotted twice but recovered after the second one rather than the first?

Yes, because from the intital sucker punch could have dazed him and would definetly left him with disorientation. Now while that was occuring Hercules would be able to (And did) follow up until Sas got his bearings and clued in what was happening. Also....

and where did they have a conversation? and regardless have you been in a fight in generaly? One sucker punch can rock and daze you and most fighters do not recover right away. Look at any mma fight when one fighter gets dazed, and in some matches a punch after they were dazed can actually "wake" the person up.

snoopdogg
So a follying blow from Hercules dazed Sasquatch who was cheapshotted? Fine with me.

BTW I never said they had a conversatio with each other. Hercules stopped his assault and then gave a little speech then punches Sasquatch again.

-K-M-
So a follying blow from Hercules dazed Sasquatch who was cheapshotted? Fine with me.

BTW I never said they had a conversatio with each other. Hercules stopped his assault and then gave a little speech then punches Sasquatch again.

No it would be the intital blow that left him disorientated, and the second blow was when he still didn't know what was happening erm

Actually yes you did, "But in boxing they don't stop after the first punch and have a conversation and punch you again"

snoopdogg
The point is Hercules stopped his asault to "talk" then punches Sasquatch again. What was Sasquach doing at this point? He must have been dazed then got punched again then woke up.

-K-M-
The point is Hercules stopped his asault to "talk" then punches Sasquatch again. What was Sasquach doing at this point? He must have been dazed then got punched again then woke up.

Being disorientated or dazed from a sucker punch erm

snoopdogg
Being disorientated or dazed from a sucker punch erm From a guy who was just follying. thumb up

snoopdogg
Here is the defition of frolic:

Definition:

play lightheartedly: to frisk around, behave, or play in a carefree, uninhibited way

Knowsbleed33
Look at what happened in Stormbreaker same thing and even Oeming mentioned it personally to me. I was on a first name basis with him and he even put my name in a special thanks section of his comic.

Meh, I tend to disregard a writers words when it doesn't really coincide with what we see on panel. They can write it, but Marvel ultimately has the final say on what sees print. If Oeming did indeed say that to you (I'm not doubting it) it doesn't really go with what the panels showed.

-K-M-
From a guy who was just follying. thumb up

It seriously doesn't take much from a sucker punch erm

Meh, I tend to disregard a writers words when it doesn't really coincide with what we see on panel. They can write it, but Marvel ultimately has the final say on what sees print. If Oeming did indeed say that to you (I'm not doubting it) it doesn't really go with what the panels showed.

Oeming wrote Stormbreaker and Omega Flight, and just before he laid the hit (that had special fx attached with it when most hammer strikes don't) he talked about smashing planets. On-panel would seem to suggest that as even the Crew mentioned they had power to bust the planet themselves and we saw the fight with Wrecker and BRB.

I got my shoot out in the back of Mice Templar #1 from Oeming which was pretty suprizing actually. Ive talked to several marvel workers actually, Scott Vandal one of the handbook writers switched the bio for Puck and Walter after I talked to him.

Knowsbleed33
I'm talking about the actual hit. Compare those same strikes in Stormbreaker to the ones in Godhunter. Same type of strikes, but looked more impressive.

It's like the difference between the GF blast Thor shot at Juggernaut compared to the ones he fired at Galactus and Exitar. Thor goes at length to compare the Juggernaut one to the ones he fired at the cosmic powerhouses, but the depiction suggested otherwise.

DarkOdin
Who cares if it was a sucker punch or not Hercules always fights dirty anyway. he is lucky he didn't get a sucker groin kick

snoopdogg
It seriously doesn't take much from a sucker punch erm

That hasn't been proven yet.

-K-M-
That hasn't been proven yet.

*face palm*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.