the.kenzo's grandpa is hospitalized

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

REXXXX
Ken is having difficulties accessing his account, but asked me to post this for him.

Mairuzu
Sorry to hear. That's depressing as ****.

Rogue Jedi
The power of prayer works, whether one is religious or not. Consider it done, dude.

gefallen_engel
I'm not a religious person, I can honestly say I have only prayed once in my life, and that was when my brother had his accident, I believe that our prayers helped in his recovery so I will say a prayer for you and your family.

WickedDynamite
I will have Ken's Grandpa in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your granfather gets better and wish him a speedy recovery.

Impediment
All my love to you, your Gramps, and your family, Ken. I hope everything gets better.

~Bun Bun~
Wow, my love goes out to you, your family and your grandpa. hug

guy222
Ur family is in my prayers

dadudemon
Hope your Grandpa reaches his comfort. I just lost my grandfather earlier this year. Twas tough. Hadn't bawled like that in a long time. I hope you don't have to deal with that kind of loss right now. If you are as close to your Grandfather as I was mine, a loss will take a while to get over. Your grandpa doesn't want to go, and you don't want him to go either. Let's just hop the Lord agrees with you guys. So, here's a prayer for you that might help the Lord agree with you guys.

IzmoMac
I'm prayin for you and your grandma Kenny

Ms Chelle
I'm sorry. I hope he gets better.. Much love and best wishes for a speedy recovery.. Will keep him and your family in my thoughts.

Leo.M
best wishes.

the.kenzo
Here's an update:

Grandpa was on the verge of dying there for a while, but he recovered. It was so bad that my uncle rushed his wedding by a few months so Grandpa could go before he passed.

He's still paralyzed on the left side of his body and is completely bed-ridden. My uncle, my mom, and myself take turns; changing his diapers, washing him, and working his muscles.

His speech has slightly improved but it's hard to understand what he says most of the time. I had to hear him a few times say that he wishes he was dead...that was tough.

He's going to be in his hospital bed the rest of his life, there's no chance for a full recovery. He no longer gets to build bicycles or work outside like he loved to do.

It's taking its toll on us all, but we're staying as strong as possible.

the.kenzo
Just got back from my uncle's place, where Grandma and Grandpa are staying at now.

Had to help Grandma with a few things: shower head needed to be changed, hang up curtain rods, etc.

While I was there, Grandpa needed a changing since he soiled his adult diapers. As I was changing him he broke down and cried, it finally dawned on him that he can no longer walk or do anything on his own. It was one of the hardest moments I've ever had to deal with, I fought to keep my own tears back because it hurts to see him like that.

After he was changed I sat him up in bed and gave him a big hug and a kiss on the head. Not long after that, it's like he forgot about it and was cheerful again. His mind is slipping.

Mairuzu
I'd throw in a few poop jokes during the process just to lighten to mood

Impediment
Sorry to hear about this, Ken. All I can say is that his last days will be with a loving family, and he will be loved until the end. Keep up your good deeds. You're more heartfelt than I am, I admit.

steverules_2
My grandpa died a few days after my 18th birthday, he was 94

the.kenzo
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I'd throw in a few poop jokes during the process just to lighten to mood

Trust me, I do! I'm always commenting on how I need to invest in a gas mask, or how he needs a cork up his ass. laughing

Originally posted by Impediment
Sorry to hear about this, Ken. All I can say is that his last days will be with a loving family, and he will be loved until the end. Keep up your good deeds. You're more heartfelt than I am, I admit.

Thanks. Yeah, we all love him very much. It's a hard job to do and it takes its toll on us.

Originally posted by steverules_2
My grandpa died a few days after my 18th birthday, he was 94

sad Sorry. But he lived a long life, hopefully it was an eventful one.

steverules_2
Originally posted by the.kenzo
sad Sorry. But he lived a long life, hopefully it was an eventful one.

I believe it was, it was really un-expected as well cuz although he was 94 we or I didn't really think he'd be going anytime soon and then I got a call from his home saying that he was dying so I had to call my dad and tell him what was happening. The only grandparent I have left is my gran who is slowly slipping away...she'll be the hardest cuz I was always very close to my gran sad

The Nuul
Jordan, please tell Ken that I hope the next year or so works out for him and his famliy.

Godspeed.

the.kenzo
Originally posted by The Nuul
Jordan, please tell Ken that I hope the next year or so works out for him and his famliy.

Godspeed.

blink I'm back now...

The Nuul
Originally posted by the.kenzo
blink I'm back now...

Cool, I hope the next year or so works out for you and your famliy.

Godspeed.

Tired-Hiker
Your grandpa is blessed to have you around, Ken. I wish you and him the best.

DeathKap
Good luck to him ken

leonheartmm
hospitals are no fun with family. hope he gets better

LanceWindu
My grandpa has been in and out of the hospital a lot the last few weeks. He's supposedly being moved to a nursing home now, this way we can be sure he has the proper care 24/7.

At one point he had a very bad ingrown toenail and they had to cut it out. During the healing, one of his idiotic nurses decided to scrape off the scab way too early and it cause an infection...which turned to gangrene. There was a time that the doctors were close to amputating his foot.

He had a catheter inserted a couple months back, but it kept giving him a bladder infection. They went in and did surgery 2 weeks ago, took the catheter from his urethra and went in through his belly button and into his bladder directly.

His left leg (the paralyzed side) tenses up on its own, we used to be able to work his muscles and the leg would relax. Lately the leg will tense up so bad that it will be bent up to his chest and painful to the touch.

He's incredibly weak. While my mom was visiting him at the hospital 2 days ago, he had her come back in while my grandma was in the hallway. He told her that he was ready to go, so my mom asked if he wanted to go home. He said no, that he was ready to go to heaven. My mom told him that he should go then, that we will all miss him but that we will be together soon.

My uncle visited him later that day and told him the same thing. His other kids from around the country have called and told him that they love him and that they will miss him, but we want him to be at peace finally...except for one aunt who thinks that he will make a full recovery, but we already know that's impossible.

I know that a lot of the members of KMC don't like me, but we all have that commonality of having loved ones we care about and can't imagine being without them. So I'm asking for your words of encouragement for myself and my family, and know that if I seem to be in a bad mood it's because I have a ton on my mind lately.

I love my grandpa tremendously and it hurts to know that he will be gone soon. He's always been around since I was a baby. Never too far away.

Grandma and Grandpa at their 52nd Anniversary party (Feb. 14th 2009):
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2535/anniversarys.jpg

The day of his stroke (Oct. 26th 2009):
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5700/stroke.jpg

Grandpa at the hospital yesterday (Apr. 2nd 2010):
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8716/yesterdayb.jpg

Rogue Jedi
I know you aren't religious, but I'll say a prayer for him. I like the top picture, he looks so happy. He reminds me of my deceased Grandpa, my hero.

Keep your chin up, Bro.

Tired-Hiker
F*ck, Ken. I'm about to cry like a baby. I hope he finds his peace, man. I really do.

Bardock42
I'm sorry, Ken. My grandma is also going through what might be the last few months for her and I know it feels horrible. Sometimes all you can hope for is that the last days are peaceful and spend with the people they love.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I know you aren't religious, but I'll say a prayer for him. I like the top picture, he looks so happy. He reminds me of my deceased Grandpa, my hero.

Keep your chin up, Bro.

Thanks John. That means a lot.

Originally posted by Tired-Hiker
F*ck, Ken. I'm about to cry like a baby. I hope he finds his peace, man. I really do.

I've been on the edge of tears the whole time I was writing that, but I just lost it.

I hope he finds his peace too, thanks Preston. smile

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Bardock42
I'm sorry, Ken. My grandma is also going through what might be the last few months for her and I know it feels horrible. Sometimes all you can hope for is that the last days are peaceful and spend with the people they love.

I really don't want to be there when he goes because it will hurt too much, but I know he'd want me there. The shitty part is that where he's going to be is over an hour away, so I hope to be able to make it to him before its all said and done.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Thanks John. That means a lot.

I've been on the edge of tears the whole time I was writing that, but I just lost it.

I hope he finds his peace too, thanks Preston. smile How old is he? I think you told me once..... embarrasment

LanceWindu
How old is he? I think you told me once..... embarrasment

88, I joked around and said his birthday should have been Back to the Future themed.

Rogue Jedi
88, I joked around and said his birthday should have been Back to the Future themed. WOW, that's pretty damn respectable, man.

My Grandpa was 90, Grandma 88. Hopefully I'll live that long.

LanceWindu
WOW, that's pretty damn respectable, man.

My Grandpa was 90, Grandma 88. Hopefully I'll live that long.

I don't want to get that old, seeing how our bodies break down with age...I want to die in my mid-70's at the latest.

Rogue Jedi
I don't want to get that old, seeing how our bodies break down with age...I want to die in my mid-70's at the latest. Well there is that, but by that time you will have grandkids, your mindset could change.

Impediment
All I can say, Kenny, is that your gramps is lucky to have you and your family there to be with him during his final days.

Truth be told, I wouldn't have the strength for such a deed. I'm too much of a piece of shit.

LanceWindu
Just talked to my mom. He's being moved to a home real soon. We looked into it before, but they wanted $8000 a month! We would have done it, if we had anywhere near that kind of money.

The hospital said that since they are sending him there, the first 80 days will be covered 100%, after that the next 120 days will be paid 80% and even after that we will get lots of help with finances. We're really not sure how long he's going to last, so knowing the finances will be covered is a big weight off of everyone's shoulders.

The doctors finally took full scans of his leg that draws up to his chest. His nurses said that he was going into the fetal position, but we knew that wasn't the case because he has no control of that side of his body. The scans revealed that since the stroke, his leg is becoming calcified and hardening up like bone. I believe they have it stretched out again and will keep it down like that, so if it hardens more, at least it will be in a better position for him.

Well there is that, but by that time you will have grandkids, your mindset could change.

If I have grandkids, that is. laughing

Originally posted by Impediment
All I can say, Kenny, is that your gramps is lucky to have you and your family there to be with him during his final days.

Truth be told, I wouldn't have the strength for such a deed. I'm too much of a piece of shit.

You say that now, but I'm sure you would find the strength needed when the time arises. I somewhat know you away from the boards and I don't believe you to be a piece of shit. If someone put that into your mind, don't believe them.

queeq
Hang in there, John. Such support from a grandchild... that's great man.

Rogue Jedi
Hang in there......John?

LanceWindu
Originally posted by queeq
Hang in there, John. Such support from a grandchild... that's great man.

lol wut? haermm

Rogue Jedi
haermm

~JP~
On Valentines Day I lost my great aunt who was very much like a mother to me. She was 91 and she was miserable. She kept saying she didnt know why she was still on earth when all her family was in heaven. The day before she died she re-iterated that sentiment and I told her to stop it, that she wasn't going anywhere. She was in pain all the time and that was evident from her facial expression. When the assisted living center called me the morning she died ( I had power of attorney) and I went out there, she had such a look of peace on her face that I knew she was happy and pain free. You are a good grandson and I know it hurts to think of losing your grandpa Ken, but there comes a time when we have to let go and let them be pain free and at peace. You know if the roles were reversed he wouldn't want you to suffer I'm sure. Be strong, its still going to hurt like hell but it will get better. hug

LanceWindu
...fffuuu Now my Grandma is being taken to the hospital! Her heart is acting up on her and they fear she may be having a heart attack.

wyq012
Right on, write on about whatever you feel best. confused

LanceWindu
Grandpa, 1 year ago for his 88th birthday...
http://a.imageshack.us/img839/5310/62262076.jpg

Grandpa, today for his 89th birthday... (and he looks tons better today than he has been looking in a long time)
http://a.imageshack.us/img411/9396/73769192.jpg

LanceWindu
Well poo on you guys too.

Dave_97
he might be 89, but he looks like a party animal.

LanceWindu
He flirts with all his nurses.

LanceWindu
To those who care...my grandpa lost his fight tonight. sad

That ACDC Chick
that really sucks
my condolences

Mist_haermm

Sorry to hear mate, my grandpa's going through a rough patch in hospital right now so I can relate. All the best.

Scythe
I'm sorry, Ken.

mikeydude
Im very sorry for your loss Ken,

Sappho
yea, i dont know you much, but im terrible sorry dude. try to stay as strong as you can.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.