Harry Brown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MildPossession
Trailer for a new film starring Michael Caine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARroxMaEXXE

I like a good old revenge/vigilante thriller film, especially when it's Michael Caine dishing out the punishment!!

Described as a "modern urban western" the titular Harry Brown (Caine) is an elderly widower and former Royal Marine who has lived to see his neighbourhood overrun by violent gangs, drugs and crime. When his best friend Leonard (Bradley) is brutally murdered and the gang leader responsible walks free, Harry finds himself snapping. Soon, his desire for revenge leads to the unlikely vigilante facing up to the young thugs, with terrifying results.

http://www.harrybrownthemovie.com/

Can see a better quality trailer at the official film site.

Produced by Matthew Vaughn who directed the wonderful Layer Cake, and what looks like a blast of a film called Kick Ass going by the trailer for it. He also produced Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, and Snatch.

BruceSkywalker
interesting, i may go see this

jaden101
Smacks of latching on to the success of Gran Torino to me. Still, looks good so i'll probably give it a watch.

MildPossession
It reminded me of the film Death Sentence, Gran Torino didn't come into my mind at all. Look like quite different films.

Robtard
Originally posted by MildPossession
It reminded me of the film Death Sentence, Gran Torino didn't come into my mind at all. Look like quite different films.

From Wiki:
Described as a "modern urban western" the titular Harry Brown (Caine) is an elderly widower and former Royal Marine who has lived to see his neighbourhood overrun by violent gangs, drugs and crime. When his best friend Leonard (Bradley) is brutally murdered and the gang leader responsible walks free, Harry finds himself snapping. Soon, his desire for revenge leads to the unlikely vigilante facing up to the young thugs, with terrifying results.

It smells highly of Gran Torino.

Look forward to seeing it.

MildPossession
Wow, thanks for pasting what I pasted above... stick out tongue smile

Robtard
Movie was okay, turned out to be a combo of Gran Torino(without the racist humor) with a heavy smearing of Death Wish.

The Nuul
I will check this out...

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Robtard
Movie was okay, turned out to be a combo of Gran Torino(without the racist humor) with a heavy smearing of Death Wish.

Holy shit, that sounds amazing. Although, i don't see Michael Caine and Death Wish mixing very well. Meh, i'm gonna pirate this ***** anyway.

The Nuul
This wasnt bad, imo it wasnt like Gran Torino at all besides some old guy vs some punks.

Robtard
Originally posted by The Nuul
This wasnt bad, imo it wasnt like Gran Torino at all besides some old guy vs some punks.

That was a key element to that film. Remove the "old guy vs punks" aspect; all you have is some Asians and a nice classic American car.

Sadako of Girth
A decent film.

An accurate showing of the flavour of what passes for being gangsta over here these days.

Great to have a a film for the international market where finally the 60s carry on movies/montypython image of Bowler hats and umbrellas "Eh...? What-oh, old chap..?" etc stereotype is put aside to show the sounds and sights and attitudes of people over here nowand the problems that go with it.

Loved seeing the outcome of the movie too.

MildPossession
^ If you like these sort of films, I recommend the British film Shifty, came out this year or last.

Kovacs86
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
A decent film.

An accurate showing of the flavour of what passes for being gangsta over here these days.

Great to have a a film for the international market where finally the 60s carry on movies/montypython image of Bowler hats and umbrellas "Eh...? What-oh, old chap..?" etc stereotype is put aside to show the sounds and sights and attitudes of people over here nowand the problems that go with it.

The sights being people in hoodies and the attitudes being an intense desire to stab you in the face, I assume?

Sadako of Girth
Moreorless.

jaden101
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
A decent film.

Loved seeing the outcome of the movie too.

Still a stereotype though. And not a good one either. Replacing one with another isn't a good thing. I'm sure all Americans must have the impression that Britain is full of cockney gangsters ala lock stock and snatch or full of soft as shite posh cvnts like Hugh Grant.

Scythe
I think America is gettin' this soon at some theaters, I want to watch it on a big screen.

Mr. Rhythmic
I just saw the movie, and it blew my mind. Extremely good revenge movie with some strong characters and dialogue. You really feel for Harry, and Michael Cain is incredible in his role. Top notch filmmaking in my opinion. Most likely a 9/10 for me.

MildPossession
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=519037&highlight=caine+forumid%3A2

K.Diddy
beer Seen this last night 8/10 Great movie,unfortunately I dont think it matched the brilliance of Gran Torino which is a shame,but definitely a must see film

Esau Cairn
Great film but such a depressing reality to live in those housing commission estates.

BackFire
Yeah I saw this movie a few months ago and enjoyed it. It was much darker than I was expecting.

Rogue Jedi
Loved it, 9/10.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by jaden101
Still a stereotype though. And not a good one either. Replacing one with another isn't a good thing. I'm sure all Americans must have the impression that Britain is full of cockney gangsters ala lock stock and snatch or full of soft as shite posh cvnts like Hugh Grant.

You're right. Family Guy usually whips on the Hugh Grant-esque c**t version.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.