Gladiator, Orion vs Superman, Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Gladiator-fully confident
Orion-full gear including MB
Superman-current and not holding back
Thor-classic

battle takes place on deserted planet with all bloodlusted.

bbrem123
Originally posted by lawest9
Gladiator-fully confident
Orion-full gear including MB
Superman-current and not holding back
Thor-classic

battle takes place on deserted planet with all bloodlusted.

team 1

Lord Feron
Still deciding who wins but im gonna guess it's gonna be a long and bloody fight. Leaving both sides barely alive, whoever wins.

DarthDaniel1001
Thor and Superman but it's damn close. Then again, Orion DOSE have the Mother Box...
Hmm...I guess Superman can hit Orion as fast he can before he can use the Mother Box while Thor deals with Gladiator.

carver9
Physically, Glads>anyone on the filed but since team 2 have thor I give the nods to them. Thor has the powerset to take Glads out of the fight.

Omega Vision
Orion is a physical powerhouse. That said Gladiator isn't the most reliable of team-mates whereas Superman and Thor are pretty solid in their showings. Team 2 6/10

galactusischere
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Orion is a physical powerhouse. That said Gladiator isn't the most reliable of team-mates whereas Superman and Thor are pretty solid in their showings. Team 2 6/10

Bouboumaster
Split

bbrem123

full confidence glads is really reliable...and with orion with motherbox...they should take this

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Split

lawest9
Team 2 by a 5.5 majority!

Nihilist
Team 2, Glads lets Orion down.

Philosophía
Team 2.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Nihilist
sad

-Pr-

roughrider
Battle of the mirror images. Stalemate.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Nihilist

Lord Feron
Glads is going to get double stuffed after Orion loses to Supes or Thor.

Silly how people think Glads is the weaker one on team 1. Biased will be biased...

batdude123
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Silly how people think Glads is the weaker one on team 1.

Biased will be biased...

Indeed.

iceman24567

Silly how people think Glads is the weaker one on team 1. Biased will be biased... Indeed you thinking Orion fully geared is weaker than Gladz is obvious bias thumb up

Zeuodin
Originally posted by -Pr-
Even classic thor can keep up with orion and glads, and superman is physically > any of his opponents.
Ok maybe I'm wrong but I thought Superman was the strongest character in comics. And Thor was a God. Orion I think is probably stronger than Thor and has better blast, but he doesn't do anything but holler and shoot stuff.

Gladiator is weaksauce. The xmen beat him on the cartoon.

Survivor19
He is not

Not a God. Just a god. Exceptional one, though.

It was the other way around...

Lord Feron
Originally posted by batdude123
Indeed.

indeed we are all biased, pic a side it really doesn't matter. Also you really really shouldn't not have commented on that but carry on...

Lord Feron
Originally posted by iceman24567
Indeed you thinking Orion fully geared is weaker than Gladz is obvious bias thumb up

No that was just me pissing on orion. just to even things up for people who don't know better, I don't want people to think Glads is some inferior weakling that can't handle Thor Or Supes.
We all know the fights between Glads and Thor, they both won some. Classic thor will either lose or barely stalemate Glads.

Against Supes I can see a stalemate and possible a lose since his more recent stuff is more impressive than Glads most recent stuff. But if we take the whole history Glads comes out on top when PIS is not being used.

Orion W/ full gear I know is strong but is everyone assuming he can't beat either supes or Thor here? Because no matter who takes on Glads it will be a long ass fight to put him down.

DarkOdin
Team 1 Mother box for the win

iceman24567
Classic Thor will lose or barely stalemate Gladz? Not likely. Thor is the most powerful on the field.

batdude123
indeed we are all biased, pic a side it really doesn't matter. Also you really really shouldn't not have commented on that but carry on...

I shouldn't not have commented on it?

K...

quanchi112
Even classic thor can keep up with orion and glads, and superman is physically > any of his opponents. Yeah, but he has never demonstrated any superiority over Orion one on one.

-Pr-
Originally posted by quanchi112
Yeah, but he has never demonstrated any superiority over Orion one on one.

even when most of the time he's not wanting to fight the guy and still holding his own?

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Survivor19
He is not

Not a God. Just a god. Exceptional one, though.

It was the other way around...
Who in comics is stronger than Superman? I'm not talking about God types like Odin and Galactus. But just regular heroes. I can't think of single one that is physically stronger than Superman.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Zeuodin
Who in comics is stronger than Superman? I'm not talking about God types like Odin and Galactus. But just regular heroes. I can't think of single one that is physically stronger than Superman.
Depending on what your definition of a "God-type" is the Silver Surfer is all around more powerful due to versatility and at times Mongul is shown to be Supe's physical superior (though not usually). Superman is usually a measuring stick character. If you're more powerful than him chances are you're a God or a character with God-like power.

Zeuodin
Depending on what your definition of a "God-type" is the Silver Surfer is all around more powerful due to versatility and at times Mongul is shown to be Supe's physical superior (though not usually). Superman is usually a measuring stick character. If you're more powerful than him chances are you're a God or a character with God-like power.
Silver Surfer isn't physically stronger than Superman. Not even Close. And I'd say that Superman has beaten far more powerful people than Surfer ever has.

Omega Vision
Silver Surfer has faced opponents that would flatten Superman without much effort. I usually side with Superman in Supes vs SS debates but that's because I believe that Superman despite the power gulf will win because SS is rather arrogant and rarely ever uses his multitude of powers. That said SS is more powerful.

Zeuodin
Silver Surfer has faced opponents that would flatten Superman without much effort. I usually side with Superman in Supes vs SS debates but that's because I believe that Superman despite the power gulf will win because SS is rather arrogant and rarely ever uses his multitude of powers. That said SS is more powerful.
Um I don't agree. Superman's durability is crazy. Superman even got flattened by the Anti-Monitor once and didn't die. So I doubt Surfer has faced anyone that would just flatten Superman. Silver Surfer has more powers. More powers do not equal more power. He has more powers than Asmodel too. But he would get his ass kicked in that fight.

iceman24567
Silver Surfer is more power that isn't debatable.

Zeuodin
Silver Surfer is more power that isn't debatable. It is debatable. He has more powers sure. But More powerful? Who has he beaten that Superman cannot? Heck Superman has beaten Multi Dimensional war lords and all kinds of crazy gods and stuff. I'd say Surfer is Not more powerful than Superman. Even Superman's Story is powerful. (Final Crisis)

iceman24567
Superman doesn't win because of his use of powers and such he is a walking plot device he's the only guy that can do what needs to be done. That doesn't equal him being some uber powerful being. Surfer on the other hand has a powerset that can do almost anything and a unlimited source he can channel power from. He is more powerful and no it isn't debatable.

Omega Vision
Well you could debate PC Superman but as it stands Current Supes is no match for Surfer in a straight up battle. Now in fisticuffs...

iceman24567
Yeah PC Superman was more powerful no doubt

-Pr-
SS has versatility and, most importantly, the ability to exploit Superman's weaknesses. Take that away from him, and things start to look very different...

Spire
When most, if not all fights come down to either:

I'll punch you.

I'll blast you.

Versatility 'really' doesn't matter.

batdude123
Silver Surfer has faced opponents that would flatten Superman without much effort.

Likewise.

psycho gundam
SS has versatility and, most importantly, the ability to exploit Superman's weaknesses. Take that away from him, and things start to look very different... take away superman's bio-aura and things things start to look very different...

batdude123
Silver Surfer is more power that isn't debatable.

Silver Surfer is more versatile.

Who's more powerful is absolutely debatable.

iceman24567
Not really

batdude123
facepalm

iceman24567
smile

batdude123
baka

iceman24567
sad

batdude123
biscuits

Naija boy
SS has versatility and, most importantly, the ability to exploit Superman's weaknesses. Take that away from him, and things start to look very different...

Taking away his versatility is like taking away supermans superstrength, superspeed. and durability.

Kris Blaze
Team 2, eventually.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Team 2, eventually.

Omega Vision
Orion can and has beaten Superman but then again the opposite is true, really what hasn't been tested is Superman vs Gladiator and Thor vs Orion, both excellent matchups that I would love to see, particularly the latter.
I still stand by my original opinion that Gladiator's variable power vs Superman's more consistent power will give Team 2 the slight edge.

psycho gundam
i agree, orion x thor would be a def trade paperback purchase, especially if it's written well.

Omega Vision
It would probably follow the usual crossover format. Thanos and Darkseid trick Orion and Thor into fighting, after Odin and Highfather set them straight they work together to take the bad guys down. It probably wouldn't be well written but I'd buy it anyway just to see the fights.

psycho gundam
come to think of it, that's probably exactly how it would go down. actually, replace thanos with loki

Omega Vision
yeah I guess Thanos and Darkseid would be too similar to work together (opposites attract and vice versa) and their egos would clash. Loki I can actually see making a deal with DS.

carver9
Physically glads>Everyone on the field, thor>everybody else, Supes>Orion.

With that said, Team 2 for the majority, Orion is good but he is the downfall for team 1. Glads can physically crush supes and thor can beat glads and orion.

Team2 6/10

iceman24567
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Team 2, eventually.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by carver9
Physically glads>Everyone on the field, thor>everybody else error

iceman24567
Originally posted by psycho gundam
error Was it that obvious? Gladz is far from top dog in the physical department

Omega Vision
I can't see how Orion is the weak link when you have someone as unreliable as Gladiator on the same team. Oh yeah, the Dog of War, the guy who regularly does alright against Darkseid and once killed him in a straight up fair fight is the weak link when compared to Gladiator. Give me a break.

lawest9
I can't see how Orion is the weak link when you have someone as unreliable as Gladiator on the same team. Oh yeah, the Dog of War, the guy who regularly does alright against Darkseid and once killed him in a straight up fair fight is the weak link when compared to Gladiator. Give me a break. Yeap........Gladiator, who was once taken out by CANNONBALL.

Prep-Man
Not to mention back handing a crazed SUPERMAN. Orion gets no respect sometimes. sad

quanchi112
even when most of the time he's not wanting to fight the guy and still holding his own? He wanted to fight him in death of the new gods didn't he? Originally posted by Zeuodin
It is debatable. He has more powers sure. But More powerful? Who has he beaten that Superman cannot? Heck Superman has beaten Multi Dimensional war lords and all kinds of crazy gods and stuff. I'd say Surfer is Not more powerful than Superman. Even Superman's Story is powerful. (Final Crisis) Who are you thinking of? I bet there are circumstances that made Superman able to defeat these foes outside his own power.

Zeuodin

Silly how people think Glads is the weaker one on team 1. Biased will be biased... I think Gladiator is Weaker than Orion. He's not useless in this fight but HE isn't out blasting Orion. Besides, Mother Box can make Kryptonite. Good bye Superman.

carver9
Originally posted by lawest9
Yeap........Gladiator, who was once taken out by CANNONBALL.

confused

That one lick that cannonball got on gladiator, do you even know how he managed to do that?

By the way, Gladiator wasnt even koed.

Stop using cannonball as a low showing when it wasnt a low showing at all.

carver9
Originally posted by Zeuodin
I think Gladiator is Weaker than Orion. He's not useless in this fight but HE isn't out blasting Orion. Besides, Mother Box can make Kryptonite. Good bye Superman.

What feats does orion have thats comparable to a person that can collapse stars?

iceman24567
LOL more hyperbole nice thumb up

Prep-Man
What feats does orion have thats comparable to a person that can collapse stars?

YAAAWWN. Orion's Astro Force matched the oblivion bomb. Capable of collapsing the universe. Said to be the ONLY force in the universe to do so.

That, and Orion fought inside one of the Apokolips's pits, which is said to be 10x hotter than the SUN itself.

iceman24567
Orion fully geared is beyond Superman and Gladz imo

carver9
LOL more hyperbole nice thumb up

Ok, how about him carrying a space ship the size of a state or him moving an asteroid that was blocking sunrays from going to a planet. How about him stopping an asteroid with physical strength that would have destroyed the earth. Or him punching a planet to dust. Or him delivering a punch that was strong enough to send someone from earth to the core of the sun.

Prep-Man
Thor as well, IMO. Hell, one of the biggest Thor posters I know (and most knowledgeable), Ravenseye said himself that Simonson's Orion would take down Classic Thor.

iceman24567
Ok, how about him carrying a space ship the size of a state or him moving an asteroid that was blocking sunrays from going to a planet. How about him stopping an asteroid with physical strength that would have destroyed the earth. Or him punching a planet to dust. Or him delivering a punch that was strong enough to send someone from earth to the core of the sun.
Thats hardly impressive compared to the guys in this thread. Face it Gladz isn't as impressive as you want him to be erm

carver9
Originally posted by Prep-Man
YAAAWWN. Orion's Astro Force matched the oblivion bomb. Capable of collapsing the universe. Said to be the ONLY force in the universe to do so.

That, and Orion fought inside one of the Apokolips's pits, which is said to be 10x hotter than the SUN itself.

Taking a solar system destroyinig blast without any damage>>>>any feat that you have mentioned.

Prep-Man

How about Orion reverting to his true form and holding planets in his hand like they were grapes?

carver9
Thor as well, IMO. Hell, one of the biggest Thor posters I know (and most knowledgeable), Ravenseye said himself that Simonson's Orion would take down Classic Thor.

I never said that Orion didnt have the powerset to take thor or glads but a majority, naah.

Prep-Man
Taking a solar system destroyinig blast without any damage>>>>any feat that you have mentioned.

Orion containing the oblivion bomb>>>>>> any feats of Thor you have mentioned.

Prep-Man
Thats hardly impressive compared to the guys in this thread. Face it Gladz isn't as impressive as you want him to be erm

Gladiator is cool and all, but he's no Orion. Or Superman for that matter.

iceman24567
Thor as well, IMO. Hell, one of the biggest Thor posters I know (and most knowledgeable), Ravenseye said himself that Simonson's Orion would take down Classic Thor. I would agree too. IMO Orion and Thor are the real players here.

carver9

I read everyone comics in this thread (dont know much about orion) and I KNOW that their strength feats isnt comparable. Some arent even have lifting feats, you all use them lifting infinite pages and use mag wheel feats to help you with your strength feats.

Prep-Man
I would agree too. IMO Orion and Thor are the real players here.

I think the fight would end up being Orion vs Thor. In which case, Orion getting a small majority. Or an even split.

iceman24567
I read everyone comics in this thread (dont know much about orion) and I KNOW that their strength feats isnt comparable. Some arent even have lifting feats, you all use them lifting infinite pages and use mag wheel feats to help you with your strength feats.

You will use him not actually calapsing a star on panel as a feat no expression

carver9
Gladiator is cool and all, but he's no Orion. Or Superman for that matter.

I agree, a fully equip Orion>glads and supes but using feats, glads>Supes.

Spire

You don't know anything.

Prep-Man
I agree, a fully equip Orion>glads and supes but using feats, glads>Supes.

A fully equiped Orion is just Orion using standard tech and equipment.

carver9
You will use him not actually calapsing a star on panel as a feat no expression

I didnt use it as a feat. Its hyperbole; I just used it in my sentence.

iceman24567
Yes Carver you spamming Glads > Superman all day long in threads but nobody really cares give it a rest.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Spire
You don't know anything. thumb up laughing

carver9
Yes Carver you spamming Glads > Superman all day long in threads but nobody really cares give it a rest.

I'm not spamming, I'm providing proof.

Prep-Man
if you don't know much about Orion, why do you say Orion is the weakest? confused

Spire
I'm not spamming, I'm providing proof.

Where?

Or rather, when?

iceman24567
if you don't know much about Orion, why do you say Orion is the weakest? confused Zigger!

carver9
if you don't know much about Orion, why do you say Orion is the weakest? confused

Because he couldnt break out of a titanium box that firestorm put him in confused

iceman24567
Bad writing?

carver9
Where?

Or rather, when?

Showing planetary destroying strength. Two showings of moving at light speed.

vs

Superman having to put a pyramid on his back to carrying it, straining.
Superman calling upon all of the kryptonians to move a MOON back into orbit. Superman getting koed by using his durability to crush a moon and on panel proof and statements that wonder woman is>reflex wise.

carver9
Bad writing?

So when something happens like that its bad writing. Why does everything get thrown out of the window as pis when you all dont like it?

Spire
Oh snap!

carver is pwning.

iceman24567
So when something happens like that its bad writing. Why does everything get thrown out of the window as pis when you all dont like it? It's been mentioned many times that no earthbound barrier can hold him but thats hyperbole how about him having a teleportaion device on his person at all times?

carver9
Oh snap!

carver is pwning.

Shut up

iceman24567
All i see is Carver using low end feats to discredit Superman to make Gladz look good.

carver9
All i see is Carver using low end feats to discredit Superman to make Gladz look good.

Not using low end feats, using RECENT feats.

Spire
Shut up

Reported.

iceman24567
No you are using low end feats and not even adding in the context. Then you will ignore his high end feats like the lifting of the book with infinite pages erm

carver9
No you are using low end feats and not even adding in the context. Then you will ignore his high end feats like the lifting of the book with infinite pages erm

Lifting the book of pages? confused

Sentry lifting the cosmic cube? confused

Hulk lifting mjlonir off the ground with pure brute strength? confused

You consider those strength feats?

carver9
Reported.

LOL, have I ever reported you spire out of all the things you have said to me?

iceman24567
Those are obviously different but lets pretend they are no expression

Spire
LOL, have I ever reported you spire out of all the things you have said to me?

Lol, I didn't report you.....

carver9
Those are obviously different but lets pretend they are no expression

Same thing if you ask me. Hulk threw a mountain. Gladiator one handed thte baxter building.

Your turn.

carver9
You all have a good night. Talk to ya later.

Prep-Man
Because he couldnt break out of a titanium box that firestorm put him in confused

He did eventually and check out Simonson's run. He was in the same situation, but freed himself easily. He later went on to destroy a good portion of Apokolips, which to some is as big as a Galaxy.

BattleMage
The way i see it is supes can match glads ibeam 4 ibeam, And i can also see glads trying to speed blitz supes and finding out that it won't work on someone as fast as you. For a very looonnngg time they will be finding out that they are virtually one in the same,Where as Thor and Orion 's match look's totally different! The God of thunder 7-8/10 if Orion is faster than a thunder GODS magical lighting than Thor 6/10!!! So Supes and Thor tag-teams Gladiator. Overall team 2 a solid 6/10! I have spoken.

celeyhyga17
Thor/Superman > Gladiator/Orion 6.5/10

agree with above poster....supes and gladz cancel each other out....
the key matchup will be between the 2 "gods". And i feel thor has the powerset to put a stop to Orion. would be a fight for the ages. Orion is tough as heck but Thor and that darned mallet of his is will be a little too much for him.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Thor/Superman > Gladiator/Orion 6.5/10

agree with above poster....supes and gladz cancel each other out....
the key matchup will be between the 2 "gods". And i feel thor has the powerset to put a stop to Orion. would be a fight for the ages. Orion is tough as heck but Thor and that darned mallet of his is will be a little too much for him.
Orion's Mother Box can pretty much match Thor's Hammer in the energy manipulation department. Besides Orion can manipulate energy on his own. He's also faster than Thor by quite a bit. His energy blast is far more potent as well.

batdude123

What's new?

lawest9
Ok, how about him carrying a space ship the size of a state or him moving an asteroid that was blocking sunrays from going to a planet. How about him stopping an asteroid with physical strength that would have destroyed the earth. Or him punching a planet to dust. Or him delivering a punch that was strong enough to send someone from earth to the core of the sun. Superman, throughout his career has done those same things at one time or another.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by BattleMage
The way i see it is supes can match glads ibeam 4 ibeam, And i can also see glads trying to speed blitz supes and finding out that it won't work on someone as fast as you. For a very looonnngg time they will be finding out that they are virtually one in the same,Where as Thor and Orion 's match look's totally different! The God of thunder 7-8/10 if Orion is faster than a thunder GODS magical lighting than Thor 6/10!!! So Supes and Thor tag-teams Gladiator. Overall team 2 a solid 6/10! I have spoken.

Actually the mother box has absorbed and redirected SHAZAM's lightning before. Same would happen in the Thor battle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.