John Preston vs. Riddick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
Riddick inadvertently enters a wormhole while traveling through space.

He ends up on John Preston's future Earth.

Riddick gets uppity with the initial investigators and ends up killing them with his blades.

John Preston is sent in to "clean up" the EC-10 offender.

They meet in a warehouse...some rooms are completely dark, some rooms are not.

Match them up in the following scenarios:

1. John Preston has his automatic handguns and Riddick has any gun he used in the movies.

2. Bladed weapons: John gets his katana and Riddick gets his knife/blades.

Note: Dark Fury version won't be used in this thread as some of the things he does in the anime are greatly exaggerated over Riddick's live action character and there's not Animated version of Preston's character that does the same.

Rogue Jedi

Rogue Jedi
OK, let's get into it, I'll start with scenario one.

Riddick retreats to a dark room, waits for Preston to appear, and blasts him with an energy gun. Preston knew where the sense offenders were, he won't know where Riddick is. Why? Muzzleflash. Energy weapons have no muzzle flash. Preston saw the muzzleflash of their rifles and used that to pinpoint their locations.

Or Riddick could simply creep around behind him and break his neck. How? Preston will not see him, and Riddick has stealth out the yazoo.

You ****ed up giving Riddick dark rooms.

KingD19
Basically what RJ said about scenario one, those Necromonger gravity guns killed everyone in one hit...except Riddick.

If they get in a c CQC fight, I'll give it to Riddick, not a stomp, but a majority. He's not above fighting dirty, and Preston beat an arrogant guy who thought he was gods gift to swords. Riddick killed a guy with super speed with a dagger.

Rogue Jedi
Now, for scenario two.

Riddick pwns, I already proved this. He has:

Superior strength: He lifted men in full armor over his head like it was nothing. He also broke the neck of the Pitch Black aliens like it was nothing.

Durability: Do I really need to explain here?

Agility: On Crematoria, he twisted his way up the rope he was hanging from and snapped his handcuffs.

In the Necro battle, he flip kicked the knife out of a Necros hand, pwned him, pwned a few more, turned and caught the knife WITHOUT LOOKING, and threw it twenty feet into the eye of another Necro.

You need more?

Speed: I already pwned this. As for speed, well, when Riddick was fighting the Lord Marshall, he was able to track him, you can see Riddick following his movements, and eventually he started to block the Lord Marshall's attacks and even counter with some of his own.

And the Elemental, Aereon, on New Mecca, when she appeared in Imman's house, Riddick had his blade waiting for her, at her throat, even before she materialized beside him. So Riddick either has mad speed, or some sense of precognition. Pick one.

Fighting prowess: Riddick can kill with anything from a gun, to a blade, to a teacup. He can take on vast numbers of foes in one sitting and win. 45 to be exact.

Endurance/Stamina: Again: Riddick running across the planet of Crematoria, 30 clicks (about 20 miles), and then tearing through 45 plus Necros trumps any endurance feat Preston showed.

BTW, marathons are 26.2 miles, so Riddick ran close to a damn marathon before fighting the Necros. Please provide a Preston feat that comes remotely close to this. You cant.

Pwned.

And no, he never tired, he was worn down a bit after the Lord Marshall beat the piss outta him, but during the Necro fight, he went on and on and on like a Furyan energizer bunny. Riddick has practically limitless stamina dn endurance. 20 MILES, dude.

Rogue Jedi
BTW, haermm At having to gimp Riddick in order to give Preston a chance.

KingD19
He's also got a pretty high pain tolerance, since he dislocated his shoulders to escape his cuffs in Pitch Black with nothing but a grunt.

And his durability was shown in the rope scene when he fell like 40+ feet, when the handcuffs snapped, his shoulders should have popped clean out.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
OK, let's get into it, I'll start with scenario one.

Riddick retreats to a dark room, waits for Preston to appear, and blasts him with an energy gun. Preston knew where the sense offenders were, he won't know where Riddick is. Why? Muzzleflash. Energy weapons have no muzzle flash. Preston saw the muzzleflash of their rifles and used that to pinpoint their locations.

Or Riddick could simply creep around behind him and break his neck. How? Preston will not see him, and Riddick has stealth out the yazoo.

You ****ed up giving Riddick dark rooms.

Unfortunately, Preston doesn't even have to see anyone, as seen by the opening scene. That's a major point fail, on your part, RJ. You typed that all up and forgot about that.

I gave him dark rooms so someone would make a post like yours so I could point out that Preston pwned in a dark room. You assume he needed a muzzle flash when he wasn't even looking at some of the people he shot.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
Unfortunately, Preston doesn't even have to see anyone, as seen by the opening scene. That's a major point fail, on your part, RJ. You typed that all up and forgot about that.

I gave him dark rooms so someone would make a post like yours so I could point out that Preston pwned in a dark room. You assume he needed a muzzle flash when he wasn't even looking at some of the people he shot. It's called "peripheral vision", dude, look it up. No way no how Preston walks into the dark room and knows where they are immediately. Never in "Equilibrium" were the Clerics shown having precog, or any mental power that enabled them to know where people are before they see them (Or in this case, their muzzleflash, or the sound of their voices.)

He entered the room, they fired, he didn't return fire right away, why? Because he was using their muzzleflash AND the sound of their voices to pinpoint their location.

Energy weapons have no muzzleflash, Riddick will cap him and Preston will never know it.

Rogue Jedi
Also, he wasn't looking as he fired, yes, but he knew where to fire because he pinpointed their locations. How? Muzzleflash and their voices.

Robtard
It's called "peripheral vision", dude, look it up.

That has it's limits, dude. Some of the guys were almost directly behind him.

He also managed to place himself out of harms way before the firing began, in the dark no less. Slow-ass sound guns ain't likely going to hit him.

So Preston wins all the areas with light and loses a few here and there in the darkened ones, if it's a 10 out of 10 scenario.

Rogue Jedi
Here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equilibrium_(film)

Gun Kata is a fictional gun-fighting martial art discipline that is a significant part of the film. It is based upon the premise that, given the positions of the participants in a gun battle, the trajectories of fire are statistically predictable. By pure memorization of the positions, one can fire at the most likely location of an enemy without aiming at him in the traditional sense of pointing a gun at a specific target. By the same token, the trajectories of incoming fire are also statistically predictable, so by assuming the appropriate stance, one can keep one's body clear of the most likely way of enemy bullets.

This part in particular:

By pure memorization of the positions, one can fire at the most likely location of an enemy without aiming at him in the traditional sense of pointing a gun at a specific target.

Yes, the Cleric memorizes the positions of his enemies, then returns fire without looking. Preston memorized the sense offenders positions by seeing the muzzleflashes and the sounds of their voices. A Necromonger energy weapon produces no muzzle flash. The energy blast will reach Preston and kill him before he can react.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
That has it's limits, dude. Some of the guys were almost directly behind him.

He also managed to place himself out of harms way before the firing began, in the dark no less. Slow-ass sound guns ain't likely going to hit him. As I said, their voices gave them away. He positioned himself out of harms way because he knew where they were by seeing their muzzleflashes AND hearing their voices.

The "slow ass" energy gun WILL find him. He will never see the blast coming, he will have no clue as to where Riddick is.

Robtard
Here:

Gun Kata is a fictional gun-fighting martial art discipline that is a significant part of the film. It is based upon the premise that, given the positions of the participants in a gun battle, the trajectories of fire are statistically predictable. By pure memorization of the positions, one can fire at the most likely location of an enemy without aiming at him in the traditional sense of pointing a gun at a specific target. By the same token, the trajectories of incoming fire are also statistically predictable, so by assuming the appropriate stance, one can keep one's body clear of the most likely way of enemy bullets.

This part in particular:

By pure memorization of the positions, one can fire at the most likely location of an enemy without aiming at him in the traditional sense of pointing a gun at a specific target.

Yes, the Cleric memorizes the positions of his enemies, then returns fire without looking. Preston memorized the sense offenders positions by seeing the muzzleflashes and the sounds of their voices. A Necromonger energy weapon produces no muzzle flash. The energy blast will reach Preston and kill him before he can react.

They do produce sound though, doh. That and they're considrably slower than bullets.

Rogue Jedi

So Preston wins all the areas with light and loses a few here and there in the darkened ones, if it's a 10 out of 10 scenario.

Preston wins the gun battles in the light, but gets pwned in the dark in both scenarios. See my post for scenario two, everything I posted there is accurate.

Robtard
That would work, except for the fact he jumped/slide into the room and then never moved, except for his arms, this happened before any shots were fired. So your point above fails.

Rogue Jedi
That would work, except for the fact he jumped/slide into the room and then never moved, except for his arms, this happened before any shots were fired. So your point above fails. Yes, he jumped slid into the room and stood there as they returned fire and then talked amongst themselves. This is where he was pinpointing their locations. He used their muzzleflashes to locate them, then their voices to ensure they were still in the same location, then he pwned them.

Said point is valid and pwns.

Robtard
Yes, he jumped slid into the room and stood there as they returned fire and then talked amongst themselves. This is where he was pinpointing their locations. He used their muzzleflashes to locate them, then their voices to ensure they were still in the same location, then he pwned them.

Said point is valid and pwns.

He still stayed out of harms way before guns were fired; people spoke and he did this without moving; in complete darkenss. So no, your point fails and doesn't "pwns."

Rogue Jedi
He still stayed out of harms way before guns were fired; people spoke and he did this without moving; in complete darkenss. So no, your point fails.

WTF are you babbling about? He slid in the room, they fired and missed, he stood there listening to their voices, and using that, and the memorization of their muzzleflashes, he shot them.

Look here:

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/36174/Opening-Fight-Scene-From-Equilibrium.html

At 2:17, he slides into the room. The sense offenders are firing at him as he does so. He stands. The door closes, the room goes dark. The firing stops.

At 2:34, someone says "Where is he?", and someone says "Shut up."

At 2:36, someone says "Did we get him?", and someone says "Shut up."

At 2:40, someone says "Listen."

At 2:44, Preston opens fire on the sense offenders.

This all points to what I said, that he used the muzzleflashes at first to locate them, and then their voices to pinpoint them even further. At this point, he had their positions MEMORIZED, and shot the down.

If this is not accurate, then how did Preston know where to fire? I'll tell you how, it's all in what I said. Peston had no idea where they were located before he entered the room. Just like he will have no idea where Riddick will be, because Necro energy weapons have no muzzleflash, and it isn't like Riddick is gonna make a sound for Preston to use to locate him.

This is uncontestable, I dont know why you are even trying to disprove the facts I am presenting.

Answer this question: HOW did Preston know where to fire? Hmm? Go ahead, make something up, I'll wait.

dadudemon
Now, for scenario two.

Superior strength: He lifted men in full armor over his head like it was nothing. He also broke the neck of the Pitch Black aliens like it was nothing.

Strength would play a part if it came down to both of them being just as fast and as skilled as the other. However, that wouldn't be the case as Preston is much too fast and skilled for Riddick to do anything but get his face cut off.

Durability: Do I really need to explain here?

Cutting off his face would certainly take care of him. smile

Agility: On Crematoria, he twisted his way up the rope he was hanging from and snapped his handcuffs.

In the Necro battle, he flip kicked the knife out of a Necros hand, pwned him, pwned a few more, turned and caught the knife WITHOUT LOOKING, and threw it twenty feet into the eye of another Necro.

You need more?

Doesn't compare to Preston running up a motorcycle, doing a front flip, and shooting two armored clerics without looking, then landing on his feet. Or Preston predicting exactly where he would need to reload, then, running while dodging all of the gun fire, flipping up in the air, shooting guys on the left, behind him, and in front, and landing perfectly to pick up his reloads and continuing firing with almost no delay.

If you consider agility Riddick being kicked 15 feet and smacking a pillar and having a hard time getting up, I'll give you that. crylaugh

Speed: I already pwned this. As for speed, well, when Riddick was fighting the Lord Marshall, he was able to track him, you can see Riddick following his movements, and eventually he started to block the Lord Marshall's attacks and even counter with some of his own.

No, he didn't. He blocked a few, but was getting his ass thoroughly kicked. Riddick is fairly badass, dude. There's not reason to lie about his abilities.

Also, it took Riddick twice as long to clear a room full of shitty human foot-soldiers (towards the beginning of the film) as it did Preston to clear the room of those top-level Clerics at the end. Riddick started with his blades. Preston started with nothing.

Also, the way Toombs captured Riddick.

Lol.

He wasn't even surrounded.

Preston would have dropped every lost one of them without trying. That would have been a cakewalk.

Now do you see why we think Riddick loses?

And the Elemental, Aereon, on New Mecca, when she appeared in Imman's house, Riddick had his blade waiting for her, at her throat, even before she materialized beside him. So Riddick either has mad speed, or some sense of precognition. Pick one.

Neither.

She wasn't completely silent and Riddick heard her etheral approach. You claim to have the DVD. Play it again and you can hear her before Riddick reacts. He's in a room, by himself. Any sounds of a human would send any battle-hardened solider off, especially a furyian.

Watch the scene again. The wind starts blowing from one direction, then that sound is heard, Riddick looks over at it, and as she starts to materialize, Ridick puts a blade to her neck.

Also, just five seconds later, she does the same thing, windy shit can still be heard, and Riddick loses track of her and she appears behind him. Where's his precog now hmmm? No where. He doesn't have it nor is it mad speed.

Fighting prowess: Riddick can kill with anything from a gun, to a blade, to a teacup. He can take on vast numbers of foes in one sitting and win. 45 to be exact.

We agree on something.

Also, didn't he kill more than 45?

Endurance/Stamina: Again: Riddick running across the planet of Crematoria, 30 clicks (about 20 miles), and then tearing through 45 plus Necros trumps any endurance feat Preston showed.

Not even 2:30 into the film and he's running away from the bounty hunters. Riddick, though not gasping, is winded as he's running over those snow gaps.

I didn't have to watch the film very to find that. erm

And, the fact that Preston isn't winded throughout his adventures trumps anything Riddick as done as he got winded.

Not winded > winded.

And no, he never tired, he was worn down a bit after the Lord Marshall beat the piss outta him, but during the Necro fight, he went on and on and on like a Furyan energizer bunny. Riddick has practically limitless stamina dn endurance. 20 MILES, dude.

I would definitely say Riddick has some great stamina. He still got winded throughout his adventures, was even really worn out at times, but Preston never was.

Pwned.

Also, I've discovered something about the Chronicles of Riddick that make Dark Fury Non-canon: Riddick doesn't know who Toombs is in Chronicles of Riddick. The meet in Dark Fury but Riddick strangely doesn't know who Toombs is. Toombs makes no mention of why he wanted to Pursue Riddick so badly after Dark Fury.

On this new note, Imp, Dark Fury isn't canon.

Major pwn.

Edit - Chronicles of Riddick is quite badass. It's actually sad that such a good movie didn't do so well. Sure, there are some cheesy parts, but it's a major kick-ass movie.

dadudemon
WTF are you babbling about? He slid in the room, they fired and missed, he stood there listening to their voices, and using that, and the memorization of their muzzleflashes, he shot them.

Look here:

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/36174/Opening-Fight-Scene-From-Equilibrium.html

At 2:17, he slides into the room. The sense offenders are firing at him as he does so. He stands. The door closes, the room goes dark. The firing stops.

At 2:34, someone says "Where is he?", and someone says "Shut up."

At 2:36, someone says "Did we get him?", and someone says "Shut up."

At 2:40, someone says "Listen."

At 2:44, Preston opens fire on the sense offenders.

This all points to what I said, that he used the muzzleflashes at first to locate them, and then their voices to pinpoint them even further. At this point, he had their positions MEMORIZED, and shot the down.

If this is not accurate, then how did Preston know where to fire? I'll tell you how, it's all in what I said. Peston had no idea where they were located before he entered the room. Just like he will have no idea where Riddick will be, because Necro energy weapons have no muzzleflash, and it isn't like Riddick is gonna make a sound for Preston to use to locate him.

This is uncontestable, I dont know why you are even trying to disprove the facts I am presenting.

Answer this question: HOW did Preston know where to fire? Hmm? Go ahead, make something up, I'll wait.

Your entire point falls flat on its face. You didn't prove anything other than my point. He didn't memorize their muzzle flashes. Where is this B.S. you pulling out of your ass?

You do know that you have to prove that he memorized the locations of the shots, looked at every direction the were coming form, and prove that it's part of Gun Kata.

Since the latter two are definitely false, you're wrong.

If he was memorizing all of the shots, he'd have to look at all locations. Eyes are fairly straight forward the whole time before he opens fire.

Pwned.

dadudemon
It's called "peripheral vision", dude, look it up. No way no how Preston walks into the dark room and knows where they are immediately. Never in "Equilibrium" were the Clerics shown having precog, or any mental power that enabled them to know where people are before they see them (Or in this case, their muzzleflash, or the sound of their voices.)

He entered the room, they fired, he didn't return fire right away, why? Because he was using their muzzleflash AND the sound of their voices to pinpoint their location.

Energy weapons have no muzzleflash, Riddick will cap him and Preston will never know it.

Yeah, he used peripheral vision for the people that were behind him. Good call. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You're really reaching now. Arguing a strawman with the "precog" bullshit that no-one even stated.

If he memorized their shots by using the flash, why did he wait so long? Oh wait, it's cause he wasn't. He's just that damn good.

And, I agree that he was using the sounds of the room to locate everyone. That's why he waited for a bit after busting in. Duh.

And, Riddick will try to sneak up on Preston, get his face cut off, or get 5 bullets in his face and chest...just like every other person that went up against Preston. big grin

dadudemon
As I said, their voices gave them away. He positioned himself out of harms way because he knew where they were by seeing their muzzleflashes AND hearing their voices.

The "slow ass" energy gun WILL find him. He will never see the blast coming, he will have no clue as to where Riddick is.

Right, cause a single fire gun that is 3 times as slow as a pistol will definitely be faster than anything Preston faced. Wait, what? It's not? Oh, right, you're making things up again.

dadudemon
Preston wins the gun battles in the light, but gets pwned in the dark in both scenarios. See my post for scenario two, everything I posted there is accurate.

Nope. Riddick doesn't even win in the dark scenarios....cept maybe a bladed one here and there. But even then, it's questionable that Riddick can get the drop on Preston. No one and I mean no one got the drop on Preston. Riddick got the drop put on him in light, even.

Pwned. Doh!

Throw Riddick into the same room and he gets pumped full of lead as he busts in. DOH! Pwned. If he even dared make a move after making it into the room, he's swiss cheese. DOH!

One final note: Preston knew where to fire because he's that damn good. He didn't just listen to their voices, the little nuances, shuffles, clinking, clacking, etc. All of those Preston used to his advantage. I'll give you one thing about your points. I bet Preston counted all the guns he "heard" while busting in.

Also, Preston fired in multiple direction while avoiding bullets in the fuggin' dark against a dozen or more people with automatics. Auto-freakinmatics. Every last one traveled MUCH faster and had a much faster firing rate than those sonic side arms Riddick used to pwn the slow moving Necros.

Again, Preston didn't have to touch or fip his opponents like Riddick did. DOH! Preston is that much better. Double doh! And the Necromongers were simply humans that were assimilated by the Necromongers after each world was conquered. Triple doh!

dadudemon
Damn, I type ****in' fast. laughing

dadudemon
Also, Kiera, a little punk b*tch regular ol' human, not only got the drop on Riddick, she got out of a hold on him, and cut his face like he was a b*tch ass.

smile

Did that ever happen to Preston? DOH!

Rogue Jedi
Your entire point falls flat on its face. You didn't prove anything other than my point. He didn't memorize their muzzle flashes. Where is this B.S. you pulling out of your ass?

You do know that you have to prove that he memorized the locations of the shots, looked at every direction the were coming form, and prove that it's part of Gun Kata.

Since the latter two are definitely false, you're wrong.

If he was memorizing all of the shots, he'd have to look at all locations. Eyes are fairly straight forward the whole time before he opens fire.

Pwned.

Prove that he memorized the locations of his shots? It's right there in the wiki link.

Here:

He used the muzzleflashes and/or the sounds of their voices to pinpoint their location. He then commenced to plug their ass.

Riddicks weapon will have no muzzleflash, and he won't make a sound, therefore Preston is ****ed.

You said this: One final note: Preston knew where to fire because he's that damn good. He didn't just listen to their voices, the little nuances, shuffles, clinking, clacking, etc. All of those Preston used to his advantage. I'll give you one thing about your points. I bet Preston counted all the guns he "heard" while busting in.

All of that is tied in to Preston hearing them, dude. Their voices, their footsteps, etc etc etc;

So my point stands, without a muzzleflash or his prey making any sound, there is no way for Preston to locate them in a dark room. If Riddick is in a dark room, making no noises, Preston will have no way of locating him, unless you are now giving Preston some uber Wolverine senses.

Rogue Jedi
Strength would play a part if it came down to both of them being just as fast and as skilled as the other. However, that wouldn't be the case as Preston is much too fast and skilled for Riddick to do anything but get his face cut off. No, man, he isn't. I already proved that with the Elemental scene, and your retort is shit.

Hard to do when Riddick is butt****ing him with a teacup.

Preston did all that in the light, he could see them. He wont see Riddick in the dark, and he wont hear him either.

Epic fail.

Stop being silly, Riddick displays mad agility in all his movies.

Yes, he was getting his ass kicked, but he did land at least two punches.

They had guns, man. The clerics didnt use their guns.

Fail retort is fail.

Dude, Riddick allowed himself to be captured. He had to get to Kyra, and he knew Toombs would take him to Crematoria.

Epic uber fail.

Nope, not even your gimped version of Riddick loses.

He was in a room alone? Are you high? There were at least 4 other people there. He heard the wind, he looked to his right, extended his blade arm, and she materialized exactly where he knew she would.

And when she materialized again and he lost track of her, he was talking to Imman, his attention elsewhere.

He killed 45ish with his blades or h2h, a handful more with the energy gun.

Riddick was GRUNTING as he ran, not gasping for air.

And yeah, totally ignore the 20miles he ran. Did Preston run 20 miles and pwn like Riddick? Nope.

Pwned like a two dollar crack ho.

Cuz Preston had a car, and he never faced 45 plus people, all at once, one at a time.

Pwned. HARD.

All Riddick knows is that Toombs is a merc. He learns his name and shit in Chronicles. You are so damn off on the movies it astounds me.

Yes it is, I proved that beyond a doubt, but your butthurt is apparently bleeding.

Rogue Jedi
Also, Kiera, a little punk b*tch regular ol' human, not only got the drop on Riddick, she got out of a hold on him, and cut his face like he was a b*tch ass.

smile

Did that ever happen to Preston? DOH! Yeppers it did, by five men wearing full body armor. Pwned.

Riddick coulda killed her at any time, man, pull your head outta your ass, He cared about her, that's why he didn't kill her. Pwned.

Rogue Jedi
Right, cause a single fire gun that is 3 times as slow as a pistol will definitely be faster than anything Preston faced. Wait, what? It's not? Oh, right, you're making things up again. Three times slower? Proof of that? Hmm? Thought not.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, he used peripheral vision for the people that were behind him. Good call. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You're really reaching now. Arguing a strawman with the "precog" bullshit that no-one even stated.

If he memorized their shots by using the flash, why did he wait so long? Oh wait, it's cause he wasn't. He's just that damn good.

And, I agree that he was using the sounds of the room to locate everyone. That's why he waited for a bit after busting in. Duh.

And, Riddick will try to sneak up on Preston, get his face cut off, or get 5 bullets in his face and chest...just like every other person that went up against Preston. big grin I said muzzleflash AND sounds, dude, pay attention.

Placidity
I'm buying RJ's arguments smile

I must admit DDM's arrogance did contribute a little though laughing out loud

Robtard

LoL, you're funny, you've tweaked your argument now. At first it was "he positioned himself out of harms way after they fired", which was clearly wrong, as I've shown you. Now you're changing it to them just "missing" him.

So Preston loses some in a dark room against a guy who has night-vision.

Rogue Jedi
LoL, you're funny, you've tweaked your argument now. At first it was "he positioned himself out of harms way after they fired", which was clearly wrong, as I've shown you. Now you're changing it to them just "missing" him.

So Preston loses some in a dark room against a guy who has night-vision. I think you're sniffing glue again. Quote me, I dont know what you're referring to.

Rogue Jedi
Another question: Preston pulls up, Riddick retreats into a totally dark room. Preston enters the room, Riddick is making zero noise and Preston cannot see him. How does Preston know where to shoot?

Another question: Same as above, and when Preston stops to look around, Riddick fires the energy weapon at him. How does Preston avoid being hit? He was never shown "dodging" bullets, you know.

And another: Same situation again. Preston enters the room and Riddick throws a knife at his face. How does Preston avoid being hit? The Lord Marshall was WAY faster than Preston, and he couldn't avoid being hit when Riddick threw his knife at him.

Quincy
Can we agree to stop saying Pwned? Buncha grown men saying that shit is depressing

Blinky
Originally posted by Quincy
Can we agree to stop saying Pwned? Buncha grown men saying that shit is depressing
laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quincy
Can we agree to stop saying Pwned? Buncha grown men saying that shit is depressing Damn, you pwned us haermm

dadudemon
Originally posted by Placidity
I'm buying RJ's arguments smile

I must admit DDM's arrogance did contribute a little though laughing out loud

Wait, you mean the arrogance that I'm mocking from RJ?

Odd.

Rogue Jedi
pwned.

Robtard
I think you're sniffing glue again. Quote me, I dont know what you're referring to.

Okay, from the middle of page 1:

He positioned himself out of harms way because he knew where they were by seeing their muzzleflashes AND hearing their voices.

This was wrong, I showed you how. You tried to deftly change it to 'they just missed him' above.

Robtard
Another question: Preston pulls up, Riddick retreats into a totally dark room. Preston enters the room, Riddick is making zero noise and Preston cannot see him. How does Preston know where to shoot?

Another question: Same as above, and when Preston stops to look around, Riddick fires the energy weapon at him. How does Preston avoid being hit? He was never shown "dodging" bullets, you know.

And another: Same situation again. Preston enters the room and Riddick throws a knife at his face. How does Preston avoid being hit? The Lord Marshall was WAY faster than Preston, and he couldn't avoid being hit when Riddick threw his knife at him.

First answer this: Why is Preston (who is highly intelligent) following/chasing a guy with night-vision into a pitch-black room?

Rogue Jedi
First answer this: Why is Preston (who is highly intelligent) following/chasing a guy with night-vision into a pitch-black room? Why would Riddick face him in the light? You think he's an idiot? Preston has to come Riddick, not vice versa.

Okay, from the middle of page 1:

This was wrong, I showed you how. You tried to deftly change it to 'they just missed him' above. WTF difference does it make? He positioned himself in such a manner as to avoid their fire, thats part of Gun Kata. I didnt change shit. I said it then and I stand by it now.

Robtard
Why would Riddick face him in the light? You think he's an idiot? Preston has to come Riddick, not vice versa.

WTF difference does it make? He positioned himself in such a manner as to avoid their fire, thats part of Gun Kata. I didnt change shit. I said it then and I stand by it now.

Because Riddick can see in the light? No, Riddick's intelligent. Preston is chasing him, correct, doesn't mean Preston is going to do something idiotic and out of character, as you insist he do.

The difference is one is correct and the other isn't. Correct; and he did positioned himself BEFORE any shots where fired and in the dark.

Rogue Jedi
Because Riddick can see in the light? No, Riddick's intelligent. Preston is chasing him, correct, doesn't mean Preston is going to do something idiotic and out of character, as you insist he do.

The difference is one is correct and the other isn't. Correct; and he did positioned himself BEFORE any shots where fired and in the dark.

And Riddick will now he stands no chance in a gun battle with Preston in the light. This is why he will take advantage of his night vision. Preston is there to apprehend him, man, he has to go whereever Riddick leads him.

Dude, you're splitting hairs now. Preston positioned himself after memorizing their locations. End of story.

Rogue Jedi
OK, I think I see the confusion now.

I said this:

To which you said this:

He did slide into the room, they did fire and miss. It was panic fire, and when the room goes dark, the firing stops.

They fired at him as he slid across the floor....They missed........See? The firing stopped, he memorized their locations by the sounds of their voices, then he pwned them.

If I said he positioned himself out of harms way, it was inaccurate, and I apologize for any confusion. As a matter of fact, no positioning was necessary, those sense offenders were rubbish and couldnt shoot for shit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.