Specific Question about Striking Power/"Lifting" Feats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
To build on the other thread started by Nihilist and I think a decent illustration of both cases in a vs. scenario. Was it more impressive for Thanos to Mock the strength of Hulk & The Thing by smashing their heads together and saying "you call yourselves strong, I am strength personified" or is it more impressive if Thanos backhands the likes of Thor, Hulk, Hercules, Drax etc. Which is the better more impressive feat?

DarkOdin
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
To build on the other thread started by Nihilist and I think a decent illustration of both cases in a vs. scenario. Was it more impressive for Thanos to Mock the strength of Hulk & The Thing by smashing their heads together and saying "you call yourselves strong, I am strength personified" or is it more impressive if Thanos backhands the likes of Thor, Hulk, Hercules, Drax etc. Which is the better more impressive feat?

I would say the first one if i am not mistaken was done under his own power so it is more impressive.

didn't he have the power gem for the whole pimp slapping thing

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by DarkOdin
I would say the first one if i am not mistaken was done under his own power so it is more impressive.

didn't he have the power gem for the whole pimp slapping thing

No he's backhanded people I listed without any gems at all.

Lord Feron
IDK man I can get lucky and be able to swing 2 heads together. HOw much actual damage i can do idk. But Pimp slapping someone "away" and down is pretty good. It doesn't take alot of energy to push someones head a certain way.

-Pr-
knocking two heads together isn't as impressive as a ko punch. all you need to knock heads is the element of surprise, some leverage advantage and decent strength. to casually slap someone away, or to ko them takes more imo.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
No he's backhanded people I listed without any gems at all.

The Only time i remember he pimp slaped Thor i thought it was masterson and whole power Gem thing.

I know the famous Professor Hulk/Thing or was that Drax pimp slap

God too many pimp hands going around i am confused who has the scans

BattleMage
What he ^ said .

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by -Pr-
knocking two heads together isn't as impressive as a ko punch. all you need to knock heads is the element of surprise, some leverage advantage and decent strength. to casually slap someone away, or to ko them takes more imo.

Yes if it was only slamming their heads together that might be true. However the narration makes it clear... you call yourselves strong.. I am strrength personified. That along with what he did seems to indicate to me at least he's that much stronger than both of them as he was mockign their strength. Not sneaking up behind them to slam their heads together.

quanchi112
Knocking two heads together while mocking their strength is the more impressive of the two.

Mindship
Three Stooges head-clunk ftw

Knowsbleed33
Neither were really impressive.

psycho gundam
if juggy did that, you'd bore a hole in your ceiling with spunk.

stick out tongue

Knowsbleed33
If he back-handed Hulk and Drax?

psycho gundam
no, the "moe howard routine"

it'd be your sig forever

Knowsbleed33
Where he bashes their heads together and screams that he's power incarnate? Please. I don't doubt the Juggernaut could do that in the first place, why would I act like a fan boy if he did?

Kris Blaze
You would act like a fanboy if he did.

What's more impressive is amassing such an army of basement-dwelling followers and fanboys. This easily trumps any of his physical feats, the one or two that he has.

Knowsbleed33
Thanos or Juggernaut?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Thanos or Juggernaut?

Thanos obviously.

Juggernaut has what, two fanboys? One of them is Newjak and the other is....

Knowsbleed33
Exactly, fan boys have no real faith in their characters so they go off about him irrationally.

Juggernaut doesn't have many of those.

How'd you like the portrayal of that pansy larfleeze in GL #47? I knew he'd turn out to be a joke.

batdude123
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
What's more impressive is amassing such an army of basement-dwelling followers and fanboys. This easily trumps any of his physical feats, the one or two that he has.

laughing out loud

psycho gundam
i think you missed the joke...

Knowsbleed33
I got it. I just asked a different question.

Kris Blaze
Exactly, fan boys have no real faith in their characters so they go off about him irrationally.

Juggernaut doesn't have many of those.

How'd you like the portrayal of that pansy larfleeze in GL #47? I knew he'd turn out to be a joke.

I can spot one.

Knowsbleed33
Oh, I'm injured. You got me there.

Larfleeze - "Help!"

Kris Blaze
Oh, I'm injured. You got me there.

Larfleeze - "Help!"

A quote fitting your position.

Knowsbleed33
Zing!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.