How many battle droids would it take to take out the following?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
So this battle droid has this special replication ability to replicate itself as many times as it wishes. It must run through this gauntlet. How many battle droids are needed to get through each?

Setting: a modern city block

1. a GAS trooper
2. a clone trooper
3. a super battle droid
4. an arc trooper
5. a jedi padawan
6. a droideka
7. a jedi knight
8. a jedi master
9. Qui Gon
10. An AT-AT
11. ROTS Obi Wan
12. ROTS Yoda
13. FOTJ Luke
14. The old jedi order

truejedi
These numbers probably sound high, but i'm considering a city block where the combatants don't know WHERE their enemies are all the time. This would make it difficult for the droids to bring their full firepower on an enemy at one time.

1. 10
2. 10
3. 5
4. 15
5. 18
6. 100(if it starts with shield up, and the shield doesn't diminish with time (as in Battlefront) ) The amount of energy to overpower one of those shields is tremendous if that game can be any indication.
7. 35?
8. 50? Just depends... we get to the point of being unable to defend himself from that many angles pretty quickly when we go over 20.
9. 50? (see above)
10. 500? 5000? Can a droid even affect that armor?
11. 60-80? (see above explanation)(Soresu)
12. 400 (yoda is a difficult target,can use the force to throw the whole group of them to the ground and FAST, this number may not be high enough.)
13. (If luke can do the cloaking thing(as previously discussed), and then just use the force to move his lightsaber around, or even to just use the droids own blasters against them... this number can pretty much be as high as it needs to be until luke starves to death....)

If no cloaking, 800 or 900 because of offensive force attacks.

14. Dang.... This is kinda tough in a city block, a limited number of droids could attack the Jedi at a time. Basically, i'm going to say, with all 10,000 jedi gathered, and taking times killing droids, IN THIS SETTING, because of limited accessibility, i'm going to say absolutely no number of battle droids will ever take out the order.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by truejedi
These numbers probably sound high, but i'm considering a city block where the combatants don't know WHERE their enemies are all the time. This would make it difficult for the droids to bring their full firepower on an enemy at one time.

1. 10
2. 10
3. 5
4. 15
5. 18
6. 100(if it starts with shield up, and the shield doesn't diminish with time (as in Battlefront) ) The amount of energy to overpower one of those shields is tremendous if that game can be any indication.
7. 35?
8. 50? Just depends... we get to the point of being unable to defend himself from that many angles pretty quickly when we go over 20.
9. 50? (see above)
10. 500? 5000? Can a droid even affect that armor?
11. 60-80? (see above explanation)(Soresu)
12. 400 (yoda is a difficult target,can use the force to throw the whole group of them to the ground and FAST, this number may not be high enough.)
13. (If luke can do the cloaking thing(as previously discussed), and then just use the force to move his lightsaber around, or even to just use the droids own blasters against them... this number can pretty much be as high as it needs to be until luke starves to death....)

If no cloaking, 800 or 900 because of offensive force attacks.

14. Dang.... This is kinda tough in a city block, a limited number of droids could attack the Jedi at a time. Basically, i'm going to say, with all 10,000 jedi gathered, and taking times killing droids, IN THIS SETTING, because of limited accessibility, i'm going to say absolutely no number of battle droids will ever take out the order.

Good picks.

Grahf
Remind me where Yoda displays the ability to overwhelm hundreds of battle droids at any given time with his Force powers alone.

mattatom
Originally posted by Grahf
Remind me where Yoda displays the ability to overwhelm hundreds of battle droids at any given time with his Force powers alone. He might not, have said feat attributed to him, but then as shown in the clone wars series he can smash landing craft together, and if Yoda is hidden in a building, and since amazingly the Force can work through walls. He can smash them together hidden behind a wall or even beneath a sewer grate. Where did he say at the same time? I'd like to see "hundreds" of battle droids walking down a corridor at the same time. In the end all it comes down to is a display of TK prowess, which Yoda shows. Alot.

Grahf
Who said this was all taking place in a corridor? And who said that I said that he said at the same time (it was implied, and I was making a request based off of such an implication; I didn't technically say that he said that)?

Yoda consistently struggles with relatively basic, low scale telekinesis throughout the movies: the highest form of canon (displaying visible signs of a struggle in levitating a single pillar after his fight with Dooku in AotC, hurling senate pods at Sidious in their Force battle in RotS, and lifting an X Wing out of a swamp in ESB) and even his displays that are inconsistent with his movie established level of ability are relatively unimpressive in the grand scheme of things (Kyp Durron and Luke Skywalker manipulating Dovin Basils, Darth Nihilus pulling an entire fleet out of a gravity well etc.). In comparison to the truly great displays we see in the mythos, his are fundamentally inconsequential.

mattatom
Who said this was all taking place in a corridor? And who said that I said that he said at the same time (it was implied, and I was making a request based off of such an implication; I didn't technically say that he said that)?

Yoda consistently struggles with relatively basic, low scale telekinesis throughout the movies: the highest form of canon (displaying visible signs of a struggle in levitating a single pillar after his fight with Dooku in AotC, hurling senate pods at Sidious in their Force battle in RotS, and lifting an X Wing out of a swamp in ESB) and even his displays that are inconsistent with his movie established level of ability are relatively unimpressive in the grand scheme of things (Kyp Durron and Luke Skywalker manipulating Dovin Basils, Darth Nihilus pulling an entire fleet out of a gravity well etc.). In comparison to the truly great displays we see in the mythos, his are fundamentally inconsequential. The OP said it was in a city block, blocks have buildings, buildings have corridors, so if Yoda goes into one of the said corridors said situation would occur. Yeah yeah, your obviously behind with the times, it's a well known fact CWL (Clone Wars Logic) and any evidence in the The Clone Wars film or the TV series > GL's movies now. So him playing with landing ships is a feat which will help, as I'm sure you know battle droids are slightly smaller than landing ships.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by mattatom
The OP said it was in a city block, blocks have buildings, buildings have corridors, so if Yoda goes into one of the said corridors said situation would occur. Yeah yeah, your obviously behind with the times, it's a well known fact CWL (Clone Wars Logic) and any evidence in the The Clone Wars film or the TV series > GL's movies now. So him playing with landing ships is a feat which will help, as I'm sure you know battle droids are slightly smaller than landing ships. But only slightly, only slightly.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
But only slightly, only slightly. True true. Just like Sarah Palin looks just slightly more attractive than Margaret Thatcher.

Red Nemesis
I think that the scene at the end of Ep III where Yoda is meditating on and all the asteroids are floating and he gets disturbed by Leia's future dad would be super awesomely great (instead of just ok) if all of the asteroids suddenly fell down.

Implying that he had been lifting them.

Implying that the struggles with the pillar in AotC were because he had swine flu or something.

See what I'm getting at? Then CWLog (newspeak) would be doubleplusungood.

mattatom
Oh and Red it's Polis Massa, I recognised the base from Battlefront II.

Red Nemesis
kthnx

mattatom
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
kthnx No problem. You tree.

truejedi
Yoda stops a missile in DR. He moves a ship in DR, He smashes confederation landing craft together. He owns Sidious in Senate pod throwing. (he heaves his upward while sidious is throwing them down.)

I see no problems with Yoda's TK.

mattatom
Yoda stops a missile in DR. He moves a ship in DR, He smashes confederation landing craft together. He owns Sidious in Senate pod throwing. (he heaves his upward while sidious is throwing them down.)

I see no problems with Yoda's TK. Thats what I'm saying.

Yoda consistently struggles with relatively basic, low scale telekinesis throughout the movies: the highest form of canon (displaying visible signs of a struggle in levitating a single pillar after his fight with Dooku in AotC, hurling senate pods at Sidious in their Force battle in RotS, and lifting an X Wing out of a swamp in ESB) and even his displays that are inconsistent with his movie established level of ability are relatively unimpressive in the grand scheme of things (Kyp Durron and Luke Skywalker manipulating Dovin Basils, Darth Nihilus pulling an entire fleet out of a gravity well etc.). In comparison to the truly great displays we see in the mythos, his are fundamentally inconsequential.

I think he means the bits where in AOTC he has to stop a massive pillar on Kenobi and Skywalker after having to stop Dookus lightening and then a saber fight. Also he mentioned the bit about him lifting Lukes X-wing, I think it's a bit unfair to use that as a level for Yoda's prowess christ he was like the equivalent of one of our 100 year old veterans, i'd like to see them lift anything more than themselves.

Slash_KMC
The OT and even PT just had normal use of Force powers. I like the Jedi and Sith not being Gods.

Hewhoknowsall
I'd say:

1. a GAS trooper - 6
2. a clone trooper - 10
3. a super battle droid - 5
4. an arc trooper - 15
5. a jedi padawan - 20
6. a droideka - 50
7. a jedi knight - 30
8. a jedi master - 40
9. Qui Gon - 50
10. An AT-AT - countless
11. ROTS Obi Wan - 100
12. ROTS Yoda - 150
13. FOTJ Luke - hundreds
14. The old jedi order - countless

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
The OT and even PT just had normal use of Force powers. I like the Jedi and Sith not being Gods. I like the God-like powers of TFU. It's all strictly combative. The mind-f*cking and creativeness of the likes of the NJO is just, for lack of a better term, boring as ethereal shit.

Darth_Glentract
What kind of droids are these?

truejedi
i think regular battle droids.

I kinda like the upper echelon being overpowered. I don't think your average Jedi is close to the level of the Luke's, Sidious's and Yoda's though.

(and we saw what mace could do with Clone Wars logic)

But they are UNDERPOWERING the Jedi in FOTJ right now. I really am truly expecting luke to struggle with the rancor that he confronts in the teaser from the next book in that series, because that is the form that the writers have been using. They lack big challenges, so they make luke struggle with small challenges. Very unbalancing. At the end of the day, it may be FOTJ that needs retconned. Only time will tell.

ares834
At the end of the day, it may be FOTJ that needs retconned. Only time will tell.
I'm all for it! Heck I'm all for retconning the entirty of post-RotJ eu.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by ares834
I'm all for it! Heck I'm all for retconning the entirty of post-RotJ eu. Leave Thrawn's epoch. That was the best.

Gideon
Lord Lucien
Leave Thrawn's epoch. That was the best.

Perhaps the best, but hardly beyond improvement.

1. Constant Thrawn masturbation. Thrawn's ability to concoct perfect military strategy based on observing the art of his opponent's species? WTF? Hell, I might be able to understand it if he saw a piece of art from the enemy in question, but knowing the works of Pablo Picasso isn't going to give you an advantage against me in a battle to the death.
2. Zahn's lack of understanding for scale (he may be worse than Traviss). Two hundred outdated medium capital vessels will not change the course of a galactic war.

Two major flaws.

Lord Lucien
Oh I was speaking from a literary perspective, I remember rather liking the writing style.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.