Would you rather be the Thing or yourself?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
I figure this would be a closer choice stick out tongue

You would live in the real world.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/35895/914360-thing_color_super.jpg

Omega Vision
Well if I was the Thing in the real world (no other super beings) I'd be a ****ing celebrity, the only superbeing in the world. But if we're talking within the MU...well who am I kidding anythings better than being a muggle in the MU, they just get stepped on by monsters or killed in the crossfire of mutant battles.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Well if I was the Thing in the real world (no other super beings) I'd be a ****ing celebrity, the only superbeing in the world. But if we're talking within the MU...well who am I kidding anythings better than being a muggle in the MU, they just get stepped on by monsters or killed in the crossfire of mutant battles. real world

D_Dude1210
Being normal but being able to have sex... or being superhuman and not being able to have sex ever....

Sex >>> Superpowers....

I'd rather be me.

Mshinu
Myself, definately. I love the sins of the flesh too much evil face

Starscream M
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Being normal but being able to have sex... or being superhuman and not being able to have sex ever....

Sex >>> Superpowers....

I'd rather be me. hey alot of people don't have girlfriends, so they still don't have sex

a lot of people might never get an attractive girl to sleep with, in which case, they don't lose much by being the thing

batdude123

Sex >>> Superpowers....

I'd rather be me.

How would that change anything for you?

snoopdogg
I remember a FF issue a few years back and Johnny saw Ben in the shower and laughed or some sh!t anybody have scans?

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by batdude123
How would that change anything for you?

Don't wanna brag, but I have a gf and she's hot. :-/

roughrider
Don't know. I could become rich and famous putting my skills to work, but would it be worth it for the cost of a truly intimate personal life?

KingD19
I'd be the Thing who had that watch, and the ability to turn back to normal.

batdude123
Don't wanna brag, but I have a gf and she's hot. :-/

malfoy

You're no fun.

darkangels
the thing gets more a$$ then all of you together, he is famous and today if you are famous then all the a$$ is yours to command

Starscream M
Originally posted by darkangels
the thing gets more a$$ then all of you together, he is famous and today if you are famous then all the a$$ is yours to command yeah, but he can't feel. hence his curse.

darkangels
Originally posted by Starscream M
yeah, but he can't feel. hence his curse.

maybe his pee pee is still human you cant prove it isnt

D_Dude1210
the thing gets more a$$ then all of you together, he is famous and today if you are famous then all the a$$ is yours to command

Except that you don't got the necessary tools to enjoy ur fame. :-/ Ur all rock. And believe it or not, there is just so much "hard" a girl can take.

darkangels
if the thing kills or rapes someone the police cant do sh!t so its cool

Starscream M
maybe his pee pee is still human you cant prove it isnt didn't he fall into lava or something once and was fine? Im pretty sure he's all rock.

Starscream M
if the thing kills or rapes someone the police cant do sh!t so its cool they can arrest him.

and that's really the best part of being thing for you? so you can rape and kill without impunity....jeez sick

darkangels
didn't he fall into lava or something once and was fine? Im pretty sure he's all rock.

maybe he is just rock hard

chomperx9
id rather be hulk than the thing so you can change back to yourself and still make out. oh but wait in the incredible hulk movie bruce couldnt get to excited or he would turn into hulk so kinda sucks for bruce as well.

darkangels
they can arrest him.

and that's really the best part of being thing for you? so you can rape and kill without impunity....jeez sick

they cant arrest him because he beats the crap out of them remember this is the real world and there is nothing the poilice can do to thing

Starscream M
they cant arrest him because he beats the crap out of them remember this is the real world and there is nothing the poilice can do to thing they can pour cement over him or gas him

KingD19
Thing can hold his breath for around 7 minutes, and you honestly think someone would sit there while a slow ass Cement truck drives up, turns around, and tries to get into position to pour cement on you?

Starscream M
Originally posted by KingD19
Thing can hold his breath for around 7 minutes, and you honestly think someone would sit there while a slow ass Cement truck drives up, turns around, and tries to get into position to pour cement on you? they could use helicopters to pour cement

Doctor-Alvis
I think in the real world, the only way Thing would be defeated is by drugging his food or doing something to him while he slept. Otherwise he can pretty much jump out of anything.

Or, depending on who's Thing, trap him in a scenario. Get him to stand on a plate and tell him if he gets off it it'll kill someone or something like that.

KingD19
How bad do you want them to take Thing down?? Plus it would take hours to set up a rig, and get a powerful enough helicopter to lift the cement, then get it to wherever Thing is..etc..

You're grasping at straws.

Bentley
My girlfriend wouldn't let me be the Thing I'm afraid. It would be a more interesting choice if there was not the intimacy to put into question or if the powers actually served to save the world like in Ben's case.

Mshinu
Thing still needs sleep doesn`t he? He would be bagged eventually. Then killed or kept drugged in a lab for research.

Nah, much prefer the flesh.

Sin I AM
i think the thing is cute, i mean what girl wouldnt like a man who's hard all over

Mshinu
Um, not to suggest anything but.. since the Thing`s SKIN is rock... is it possible he could enjoy a relationship with a well endowed male... friend?

*runs away*

Face of Olympus
maybe his pee pee is still human you cant prove it isnt

This is KMC !!!

if the thing kills or rapes someone the police cant do sh!t so its cool

No, but the armed forces could.

The Pict
So it seems that this argument boils down to sex? Something Thing can't have?

Fair enough, just be myself.

Face of Olympus
Originally posted by The Pict
So it seems that this argument boils down to sex? Something Thing can't have?

Fair enough, just be myself.

sex > any character , anything at all for that matter

Kris Blaze
Are you born the thing or turn into it?

Because if you turn into him at say, age 25, you can just -really- live the life until then. Try and do as much of the things you won't be able to.

roughrider
Depending on the artist, Grimm's skin sometimes looks like smooth lizard scales, rather than rock. Maybe he can feel a gentle touch -
but if I was a woman, I'd be apprehensive about what he's got in his drawers.

ColossusGrundy
Geez, tough call.

My wife is hot and likes it a lot.

Can't give that up. Maybe if I could be like he was on the other planet when he could change back n forth.

Dunno............Spikey thing? Then maybe I'd go thing...Spikey Thing Rox.

I miss Spikey thing.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Are you born the thing or turn into it?

Because if you turn into him at say, age 25, you can just -really- live the life until then. Try and do as much of the things you won't be able to. you are turned into the Thing 24 hours after you make your choice

Mindship
I'd rather be myself. As a superstrong, rather durable "Thing" in the real world, I'd be classified as a potential national security threat, the government would be after my ass 25/8, and if they caught me, they'd never let me go: they'd be experimenting on me forever to maximize my "weapons potential." And yeah, given that the Thing is not all-powerful, I think the government would eventually find a way to catch and contain me.

KingD19
What if you decided to work for the military???

Droopy
Myself cuz the govt would capture me and it would be hard to get laid

rotiart

KingD19
Thing does get stronger as he gets older.

darkangels
all the people that talk too much about sex never had any ....FACT

batdude123
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.