Despero vs Thanos (slugfest)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
This is pure hand to hand combat, no prep, bloodlusted, and it takes place inside of an indestructible cage.
Who wins?

galactusischere
The mad titan

The Nuul
Thanos wins.

Lord Feron
Thanos's pimp hand.

ankur29
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Thanos's pimp hand.

i think despero was physically beating up SM, WW and CM

wheras thanos only pimp handed thing (can't even lift a 1000 tons) & prof hulk (calm smart hulk/ with slowly increasing strength)

Omega Vision
I'd say Despero, he's shown strength exceeding that of Superman, Captain Marvel, Power Girl, and Wonder Woman combined. Plus he's taken on the JLA and JSA at the same time, a feat which Thanos has yet to top.

iceman24567
If your using Virtue and Vice Despero he wins

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos beats Despero h2h no matter which version we use.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'd say Despero, he's shown strength exceeding that of Superman, Captain Marvel, Power Girl, and Wonder Woman combined. Plus he's taken on the JLA and JSA at the same time, a feat which Thanos has yet to top.

They all had a tug of war contest where it was 4 vs. 1?

Omega Vision
He didn't exactly arm wrestle them but he was clearly way stronger than them individually and they failed to overpower him. Here's some scans from Despero's Respect Thread:
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3499/847436508kh.jpg
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3281/824188767rf.jpg
It's not exactly proof that he's straight up stronger than the four of them combined but he's tough enough to beat them with brute force alone.

BattleMage
I like the scans omega vision, It's like the JLA going up against WW-Hulk sept they would need more members! But any way the mad Titan Thanos7-8/10

Omega Vision
I think whats more impressive about the fight is that he could have easily used his powerful telepathic abilities to beat them but he stuck to pure muscle. Thanos has great durability but without energy blasts or shields I don't think he can beat Despero.

BattleMage
What i said earlier about ww-hulk i was just having fun. But seriously you said slug fest right? if so Thanos ftw. geek

xJLxKing
Thanos wins. Despero is clearly as strong as Thanos, but he lacks the same Durability

vansonbee
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Thanos wins. Despero is clearly as strong as Thanos, but he lacks the same Durability How did you muster up strength comparison from? confused

Bouboumaster
I say Thanos

Kris Blaze
Thanos only has a coupel of incidents where he slaps someone and the like. Very, very few incidents of him fighting without empowering his punches.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by vansonbee
How did you muster up strength comparison from? confused
What do you mean? The scan that shows Despero treating two Kryptonians, Captain Marvel, and Wonder Woman like ragdolls proves that he's a beast. If anything he's stronger than Thanos but I won't outright say that for fear of being flamed.

vansonbee
What do you mean? The scan that shows Despero treating two Kryptonians, Captain Marvel, and Wonder Woman like ragdolls proves that he's a beast. If anything he's stronger than Thanos but I won't outright say that for fear of being flamed. What do you mean by quoting me? I didn't comment on which character is stronger!

Omega Vision
Originally posted by vansonbee
What do you mean by quoting me? I didn't comment on which character is stronger!
You seemed to be doubting that Despero was as strong as Thanos though, or the other way around I honestly can't tell. But it seemed you were commenting in some regard.

iceman24567
Originally posted by BattleMage
I like the scans omega vision, It's like the JLA going up against WW-Hulk sept they would need more members! But any way the mad Titan Thanos7-8/10 Uh no that team would eat WWH alive he would last seconds at his angriest roll eyes (sarcastic)

Omega Vision
Cap and Supes alone would assrape WWHulk

iceman24567
Cap or Supes alone would assrape WWHulk thumb up

AsbestosFlaygon
Thanos.

The dude has pimpslapped the strongest Marvel heroes..
Thor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, etc.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Thanos.

Thor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, etc.
Despero Beat Superman, Cap Marvel, Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Martian Manhunter, etc.

tkitna
Originally posted by Zeuodin
Despero Beat Superman, Cap Marvel, Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Martian Manhunter, etc.

So would Thanos

AsbestosFlaygon
Does Thanos have a high TP resistance?

Coz that's how this fight will boil down to.

If Despero can't put Thanos down through brute strength alone, he will attempt to use TP. Just like he did with Starro.

zeel
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Thanos wins. Despero is clearly as strong as Thanos, but he lacks the same Durability

I 100% agree with this post.

Nihilist
Thanos wins a tough fight.

And Thanos was knocking around Thor and Champion who both had the power gem at the time without using amped energy punches.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos wins a tough fight.

And Thanos was knocking around Thor and Champion who both had the power gem at the time without using amped energy punches.

In both those fights he used energy blasts, energy shields and in the Champion fight he empowered his punch once.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
In both those fights he used energy blasts, energy shields and in the Champion fight he empowered his punch once. He still punched them around without amping his punches for the clear majority of the fight.

Kris Blaze
He still punched them around without amping his punches for the clear majority of the fight.

No, not for the clear majority. And it became obvious that he was vastly inferior to the Champion physically. And while his punches affected Thor, they did not deal any actual damage. And he caught him with a cheap energy blast at the beginning. And Thor fought through heaps of robots first.

Nihilist
No, not for the clear majority. And it became obvious that he was vastly inferior to the Champion physically. And while his punches affected Thor, they did not deal any actual damage. And he caught him with a cheap energy blast at the beginning. And Thor fought through heaps of robots first. LOL, Champion and Thor had the gem backing them in strength, durability, stamina, so they were invulnerable to any physical damage.

Thor only destroyed a couple of robots at best, and that wouldnt make any difference at all, just like when Thanos had to fight through a load of Asgardians prior to fighting Odin.

Thanos blast he hit Thor with had no effect cleary showing that the gemwas aiding him, compared to when Thanos floored Thor for a long time with a eye beam in the early Avengers 2 in 1 annual.

Omega Vision
Without amping his punches what's Thanos's greatest hand to hand combat feat? As shown in the scan I posted from Despero's respect thread he has the natural strength necessary to shred multiple top tiers at once without even using TP. Now in this fight there's no TP, no shields, no energy blasts, just physical attacks.

Nihilist
Without amping his punches what's Thanos's greatest hand to hand combat feat? As shown in the scan I posted from Despero's respect thread he has the natural strength necessary to shred multiple top tiers at once without even using TP. Now in this fight there's no TP, no shields, no energy blasts, just physical attacks. Thanos very rarely doesnt charge his punches, apart from the instances i mentioned against Thor/Champion w/pgem, though he did floor Tyrant with a unamped punch.

So taking away his way of fighting (ie charged punches), makes it kinda a spite thread.

Kris Blaze
LOL, Champion and Thor had the gem backing them in strength, durability, stamina, so they were invulnerable to any physical damage.

Thor only destroyed a couple of robots at best, and that wouldnt make any difference at all, just like when Thanos had to fight through a load of Asgardians prior to fighting Odin.

Thanos blast he hit Thor with had no effect cleary showing that the gemwas aiding him, compared to when Thanos floored Thor for a long time with a eye beam in the early Avengers 2 in 1 annual.

And like I said, it all amounts to absolutely nothing.

And contrary to popular belief, you do not become invulnerable to physical harm with the gem. If this was the case, then Thanos would not have been taken down by Masterson when he had the IG. Nor would Drax have lost the gem in the first place.

Omega Vision
Thanos very rarely doesnt charge his punches, apart from the instances i mentioned against Thor/Champion w/pgem, though he did floor Tyrant with a unamped punch.

So taking away his way of fighting (ie charged punches), makes it kinda a spite thread.
And Despero doesn't have access to his uber TP, its not spite, I think its a perfect matchup.

xJLxKing
It's a slug fest

Nihilist
And like I said, it all amounts to absolutely nothing.

And contrary to popular belief, you do not become invulnerable to physical harm with the gem. If this was the case, then Thanos would not have been taken down by Masterson when he had the IG. Nor would Drax have lost the gem in the first place.
Of course that matters Despero doesnt have the endless energy/power supply to draw from like Thor/Champion did helping them out.

Thanos was taken down at all he was only knocked on the floor, nobody did any lasting damage to Thanos,Drax and Hulk pummeling him,She Hulk and Namor smashing him,Wolverine stabbing him in his heart all had no effect on him and he wasnt only just using the pgem.

And LMFAO at you using Drax loosing him gem as a example,as Thor didnt loose his gem when it was stuck to his forehead.

But non of this matters as i can see you are in one of your pissy lttle anti Thanos moods.

Omega Vision
I have nothing against Thanos, only Thanos fans that can't ever debate objectively.

Nihilist
I have nothing against Thanos, only Thanos fans that can't ever debate objectively. Yeah sure, when not one thing i have said is a lie or even twisted.

And how would you know anything about Thanos fans on KMC as you have only been on here about a week.

Omega Vision
Yeah sure, when not one thing i have said is a lie or even twisted.

And how would you know anything about Thanos fans on KMC as you have only been on here about a week.
Long time lurker and I've been on other boards with the same problem.

Nihilist
Long time lurker and I've been on other boards with the same problem. Bullshit, thats just a kop out excuse because you cant counter any points made in most Thanos threads.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So why can't thanos amp his punches again? He is ONLY PUNCHING afterall. So, wtf does amping have to do with anything?

Omega Vision
The same reason Despero can't use his TP to increase the force of his punches. It's a straight up fist fight.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Despero's TP would do nothing to Thanos with his resistance to it. Nada. Despero doesn't have the durability Thanos does and that would be the difference in this fight. Comparable strength but imo Thanos as the MA advantage and Durability advantage.

Trolt
Without amping his punches what's Thanos's greatest hand to hand combat feat? As shown in the scan I posted from Despero's respect thread he has the natural strength necessary to shred multiple top tiers at once without even using TP. Now in this fight there's no TP, no shields, no energy blasts, just physical attacks.

Whats he using to knock away powergirl, and then later hawkman and his crew ?

It looks like some sort of mental blast

-Pr-
Originally posted by Trolt
Whats he using to knock away powergirl, and then later hawkman and his crew ?

It looks like some sort of mental blast

yup, it was.

though powergirl did hit him with an awfully low blow.

Omega Vision
On second inspection it appears he did use TP on Power Girl but the fact remains he rammed Cap and Supes heads together and treated three Class 100+ like the Three Stooges. And he took hits from all of them. The only thing in that scan that hurts him is an Nth Metal Mace.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Thanos.

Thor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, etc. simultanously? evil face

Despero ftw

the Darkone
Thanos will schooled Despero, by far Thanos is much stronger than Despero and a better h2h fighter also.

iceman24567
Despero wins

Batman-Prime
Despi wins

comicfan11
I believe that in a pure slugfest Despero would win a slight majority.
Anybody has the scan and the issue number where a random space mercenary makes Thanos bleed with a random mace-looking weapon?

redninjas
despero will own him

Warlord
Thanos will own him

Mshinu
A good fight but Thanos wears him down and wins comfortably while getting a slight kick out of it all.

Thanos breaks Despero`s face with his fists.
Despero breaks his fists on Thanos` face.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.