Force Power Rating Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolfpack86
Can this thread please be stickied?

O.K., I'm starting this thread to give the community an "official" general idea of each character's Power with the Force. There can be variances of each character represented (ie; Vader presuit/Vader suited). Anyone who wants to, can join in, if you don't want to, please keep your comments to yourself. Here's how the rating system will go...

Each character gets 10 votes (1 vote per person) on a scale of 1-20, 1 being the lowest, 20 being the most powerful or tied for the most powerful force user ever. The lowest vote for each character will be thrown out. When 10 votes have been accumulated, I or someone can total the votes and come up with an average, that number will be the "official" force power rating for that particular character. If you are not a part of the 10 votes for a particular person, sorry tough luck. When one character is finished, "the first person" to mention a new character will take precedence, and that will be the next character to be rated. Here is an example of how the process will go...

Barriss Offee

Votes: 6, 7, 5, 4, 6, 9, 8, 7, 6, 8,

So here the low vote is 4, so that would be thrown out, the remaining 9 numbers would be totaled for an average. In this case...

Barriss Offee: Official Rating: 6.8

O.K., that was just an example, remember please try to keep all your biased thoughts in check, and give each character their full due.

First Candidate: Luminara Unduli

wolfpack86
All you have to do is put down a number, I'll start.

Luminara Unduli: 12

One Free Man
BAD IDEA.

Before he comes in here:
Darth Bandon: nine trillion trillion google-plex.

wolfpack86
Originally posted by One Free Man
BAD IDEA.

Before he comes in here:
Darth Bandon: nine trillion trillion google-plex.

Please keep your comments to yourself, if you want to "actually" participate in the thread fine, just don't be a troll.

ares834
Darth Bandon: Over 9000
Darth Revan: -1

truejedi
how did you decide there were 10 of us?

wolfpack86
Originally posted by ares834
Darth Bandon: Over 9000
Darth Revan: -1

Please, no trolling.

wolfpack86
Originally posted by truejedi
how did you decide there were 10 of us?

I didn't, it just seemed like a decent number, where the voting could happen somewhat quickly, and we could move on to the next character.

truejedi
Luminara 7

Jinsoku Takai
Luminara Undulii: 8

Lord Lucien
Luminara 9.

wolfpack86
Ive been thinking about this, and I think I'll throw out the low vote as well as the high vote, it just makes sense.

Grahf
Does 10/11 represent the absolute average power of a Force User (which I'd imagine would be Jedi Knight level)? If so I'd probably give her a 13.

Maybe make the scale 1-50?

Slash_KMC
So you don't have to give any reason why you give someone a certain number? I can't wait until the fanboy characters get there.

Luminara: 10.

Nephthys
I know nothing of her, so I'll go with a nice safe 10.

Also, trying to rate Zayne Carrick'll be fun.

mattatom
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
So you don't have to give any reason why you give someone a certain number? I can't wait until the fanboy characters get there.

Luminara: 10. I'm waiting for Bandon, and Kas'im *flexes*.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by mattatom
I'm waiting for Bandon, and Kas'im *flexes*.

I'm gonna go Blackjack with Revan.

mattatom
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
I'm gonna go Blackjack with Revan. Mhm I have a Sabaac game in real life soon. Hmm will have to post from my phone, multitasking ftw!

wolfpack86
Originally posted by Grahf
Does 10/11 represent the absolute average power of a Force User (which I'd imagine would be Jedi Knight level)? If so I'd probably give her a 13.

Maybe make the scale 1-50?

20 is (in your opinion) the most powerful force user of all time, go from there to determine what any certain character's rating is in the grand scheme of things.

Grahf
Change it to 1-50. 1-20 doesn't allow for enough variation.

wolfpack86
All who want the scale changed to 1-50 say I. Three "I's" in the next 5 posts will change it, other wise it stays the same. Remember if this is done we will have to start over. Edit: If I post it doesn't count as one of the five posts.

Grahf
You could also try moving averages to minimise outliers.

3 point moving average:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (in order of value)

1 = (1 + 2 + 3)/3
2 = (2 + 3 + 4)/3

8 = (8+9+10)/3

So you end up getting 8 remaining numbers which can then be averaged.

You could also assign different levels of voting power to each individual (I for instance could get 2 votes, truejedi automatically gets his vote cut in half, you take Dr McBeefington's vote and subtract it from 20 etc.)

Just a thought...

edit - I

wolfpack86
You could also try moving averages to minimise outliers.

3 point moving average:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (in order of value)

1 = (1 + 2 + 3)/3
2 = (2 + 3 + 4)/3

8 = (8+9+10)/3

So you end up getting 8 remaining numbers which can then be averaged.

You could also assign different levels of voting power to each individual (I for instance could get 2 votes, truejedi automatically gets his vote cut in half, you take Dr McBeefington's vote and subtract it from 20 etc.)

Just a thought...

No, it's fine the way it is. Each person's vote counts for just 1 vote, no one is taking precedence over another.

Grahf
How about everybody who originally participated gets to make 2 votes (they don't have to be the same) while anybody who comes in later only gets one?

wolfpack86
How about everybody who originally participated gets to make 2 votes (they don't have to be the same) while anybody who comes in later only gets one?

There aren't all that many people on this forum, if your worried you or someone else won't get a vote, just be here daily and you probably will. If at some point in the future, it needs to be changed, so that more people get the chance to vote, then so be it, for now this should work.

Grahf
Ok but what if someone, let's say truejedi, repeatedly made absolutely outrageous votes for every single contest, then would the rest of us be able to vote on whether or not he gets eliminated from the voting process?

wolfpack86
Ok but what if someone, let's say truejedi, repeatedly made absolutely outrageous votes for every single contest, then would the rest of us be able to vote on whether or not he gets eliminated from the voting process?

Both the high and low vote are thrown out, thus the extremes should be covered. But if someone does continually make insane votes, that do not whatsoever coincide with the rest of the votes, that person's votes could end up being disregarded.

Grahf
What if he repeatedly voted 10 in every single matchup, from Luke Skywalker to Ki-Adi-Mundi?

truejedi
actually, it does, considering we are all voting.

and wolfpack,what if grahf's votes continue to be so ridiculous? can we cut them in half?

What is your problem Grahf?

wolfpack86
What if he repeatedly voted 10 in every single matchup, from Luke Skywalker to Ki-Adi-Mundi?

There aren't any problems yet, if someone becomes a problem at some point, then we'll cross that bridge when we get their. There's no point in talking about what if's right now.

wolfpack86
edit

Grahf
Under what circumstances would someone no longer be allowed to vote?

Grahf
Using truejedi as an example.

Slash_KMC
Yes, let's not fix the problems, let's remove them.

wolfpack86
Under what circumstances would someone no longer be allowed to vote?

As I said, We'll cross that bridge "if" we get their, we aren't their now.

wolfpack86

Enough of this crap, or maybe you will be the example of someone who's vote will be disregarded.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by wolfpack86
Enough of this crap, or maybe you will be the example of someone who's vote will be disregarded.

yes

Grahf
i apolagize.

truejedi

okay, i gotcha. sorry. embarrasment

wolfpack86
There won't be a change to the rating scale.

Jinsoku Takai

NEB ALERT!!!

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
NEB ALERT!!!

Don't think so.

Red Nemesis
8.907190273412E9207

One Free Man
Please keep your comments to yourself, if you want to "actually" participate in the thread fine, just don't be a troll. make me.

Red Nemesis
thumb up

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
8.907190273412E9207

trowll !!!!!!!!!1!!1!!1!!!111

wolfpack86
make me.

Such comments require no response, it's realized idiocy.

Nephthys
Exactly, such petty thuggery is self-defeating anyway.

Lord Lucien
Such comments require no response, it's realized idiocy. All well and good but that's not gonna get him to stop.

Or is it?

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
All well and good but that's not gonna get him to stop.

Or is it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiloZd1H4ow&feature=related

One Free Man
Such comments require no response, it's realized idiocy. And the epic rebuttal:

Wait for it...

...no, u!!!111
http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs43/f/2009/110/a/8/epic_smiley_o2_by_cr34tive.png

truejedi
Knightfall, WTH is wrong with you? snap out of it man.

Red Nemesis
dude no

this is the best ive seen him evar

Slash_KMC
That's just an epic smiley face.

One Free Man
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
dude no

this is the best ive seen him evar thank you, thank you.... for my encore I will stand on my head and gargle peanut butter!

Lord Lucien
thank you, thank you.... for my encore I will stand on my head and gargle peanut butter! Dude no! Everyone knows that peanut butter will glue your mouth shut. Think of the show! It can't go on if you're dead.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Dude no! Everyone knows that peanut butter will glue your mouth shut. Think of the show! It can't go on if you're dead.

Do it, Knightfa11.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.