Genre Bias

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Which genres are you biased toward liking/disliking?

Just as an example, I'm predisposed to disliking those Kate Hudson rom-com's and shit like that. On the flip side, I find myself having a soft spot for character studies such as Taxi Driver, The Wrestler, Moon, etc.

So, which genres or types of films hold a special place in your heart and why?

Which ones are you typically biased toward not liking?

Kazenji
I just dislike Rom/Rom-Com cept of course Shaun Of The Dead

But i really these Comic Book movies especally when they're done right.

MildPossession
Horror and its subgenres will always be a favourite of mine, it's the genre that really introduced me to films when younger. It's all I use to watch at one point years ago.

Ones that I can't stand and rarely go near are those crap teen sex comedies like American Pie, Euro Trip and so on. And the 'Movie movie' spoofs like Date Movie and Stan Helsing types. Don't waste my viewing time on these.

siriuswriter
i can't stand movies with no "sink your teeth into it" ness. like, some rom-coms have some depth, but these tend to be the ones with sandra bullock, and aren't just a series of set ups and punchlines. i also HATE "dumb humor" movies. aka dumb and dumber and that ilk. there are a few exceptions, like ace ventura, but.. no, that's actually funny. i'm sorry, but a man wearing a tutu and playing football is crazy good.

i love movies that give you a 'satisfied' feeling at the end, even if you didn't want it to end there or it wasn't a happy ending. amadeus is my favorite film, but i can only watch it about once a year. still, the fulfillment of all the combined arts of a film - the actors, costumes, settings, director, cast, crew, lighting... when all of that comes together and work best in their separate ways, then it's like... not just a movie. rah i can't explain that very well...

Ms.Marvel
i have a bit of of a negative bias toward those inspirational movies were the minority is put down by the man throughout the entire movie but manages to triumph in the end or some shite... pretty much everything with cuba gooding jr. in it.

jaden101
Not really a genre but I can't stand Woody Allen movies. He does nothing that interests me in the slightest.

Never been a particularly huge fan of horror but i've been watching more recently (mixed bag to say the least)

I don't really buy a lot of comedy dvds either. I like watching them but I don't go out of my way to do it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.