Supermen of the Multiverse vs Green Lantern Corps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
This is the army of Supermen that appeared at the end of FC: Superman Beyond.
Scenario One-Corps minus Ion and Guardians
Scenario Two-Corps minus Guardians
Scenario Three-Full Corps
Who wins?

xJLxKing
I don't understand the scenarios. Wha are the two, or three corpses. Either way, I see GL's winning. They got 7200 Lanterns, was Atom in the army of 52 Supermen? If so, he wins!!

gogogadgetgo
army of supermen? SOB! must DC always ALWAYS fallback on superman?

xJLxKing
It the one from Final Crisis.
Remember!! Everything comes from Superman!

Placidity
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I don't understand the scenarios. Wha are the two, or three corpses. Either way, I see GL's winning. They got 7200 Lanterns, was Atom in the army of 52 Supermen? If so, he wins!!

Originally posted by Omega Vision
This is the army of Supermen that appeared at the end of FC: Superman Beyond.

Scenario One: Corps minus Ion and Guardians
Scenario Two: Corps minus Guardians
Scenario Three: Full Corps

Who wins?

There.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Placidity
There.
laughing out loud When you make it look like that, I don't see how I missed it

Any ways, if Supermen army get that Atom Supermen, then he solos them all. Without him, they lose

Parmaniac
How many Supermen were in that corps?

-Pr-
iirc, it was 52 Supermen, one from each Earth. Against 7200 lanterns, though? that's a lot.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by -Pr-
iirc, it was 52 Supermen, one from each Earth. Against 7200 lanterns, though? that's a lot.

so, what does that mean? there are 52 earths?

Newjak
iirc, it was 52 Supermen, one from each Earth. Against 7200 lanterns, though? that's a lot. To be fair 98% of the corps would just be cannon fodder stick out tongue

-Pr-
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
so, what does that mean? there are 52 earths?

up, supposedly.

Originally posted by Newjak
To be fair 98% of the corps would just be cannon fodder stick out tongue

true. but the sheer numbers is immense.

Philosophía
The Supermen stomp in all scenarios.

Also, there were more than 52 Supermen (if you count). IIRC, Grant said he wanted to include some of them from other companies but copyright stopped him from doing so. He still managed to sneak in a Marvel Civil War look-alike in Superman Beyond.

Omega Vision
He put in lawyer friendly versions of Supreme, Sentry, Hyperion, and some others. For some reason he put in altered versions of Mister Magestic and Icon even though DC owns them. Go figure.

Galan007
supermen ftw. *thanks captain carrot*

jrodslam
I think either way, The Lanterns win.

If youre taking Supermen from other Earth's are we Taking those Lanterns as well?

ExodusCloak

true. but the sheer numbers is immense.

Those Supermen probably have more feats then the 98% of the GL Corps combined who are pretty much no-named newbs and cannon fodder. erm Not sure about the Guardians though.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Those Supermen probably have more feats then the 98% of the GL Corps combined who are pretty much no-named newbs and cannon fodder. erm Not sure about the Guardians though.

im not denying that. i'm just saying that even if theres 100 supermen, they're still outnumbered 72 to one.

Philosophía
Only 72 ? Pft.

Starfire already pointed out that Superman = GLC.

UniOmni
And people really have a hard time wondering why Superman is so disliked on battleboards?

Philosophía
Originally posted by UniOmni
And people really have a hard time wondering why Superman is so disliked on battleboards? Meaning ?

Galan007

Philosophía
Or it's proof of his opponent being very weak, despite any of his other feats.

Kris Blaze
Supermen would win.

Quantum Superman looked like he was too strong for anyone.

Galan007

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Supermen would win.

Quantum Superman looked like he was too strong for anyone.
Yeah, if he is in this, he easily solos. He was even talking with the Primal Monitor, or something like that

Galan007
quantum superman? you mean this fella?:

http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/2288536_qs.jpg

Kris Blaze
The very same.

Galan007
figured so.

while i understand that he was initially referred to as "the quantum superman of earth 4" i think he was much more akin to an alternate version of captain atom, for a few reasons: a.) superman referred to him as "captain adam", and b.) he was not depicted amongst the swarm of supermen at the end of FC :
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2848/qs1y.jpg
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4629/qs2q.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4337/qs3u.jpg

*shrugs*
---
regardless, i do agree that IF the aforementioned character were included on the team of supermen, he could likely solo.

Spire
Superman.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Galan007
figured so.

while i understand that he was initially referred to as "the quantum superman of earth 4" i think he was much more akin to an alternate version of captain atom, for a few reasons: a.) superman referred to him as "captain adam", and b.) he was not depicted amongst the swarm of supermen at the end of FC :
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2848/qs1y.jpg
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4629/qs2q.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4337/qs3u.jpg

*shrugs*
---
regardless, i do agree that IF the aforementioned character were included on the team of supermen, he could likely solo.

yeah that guy. I refer to him Atom Superman.

Omega Vision
He's more like Dr. Manhattan than anything else.

xJLxKing
Yeah, but he is still one of the Supermen, but he isn't involved FC 7

UniOmni
it's probably another one of those "superman is no more than herald level, and any feat(s) beyond that are PIS" arguments.

ermm

Kinda surprised to see this kind of stupidity come from your keys Galan.

Superman is top tier, no question. Does he have his moments where he takes it to the next level, sure.....
Plenty of names have similar moments. Surfer is particularly frequent with said moments.

Its nothing more than an observation of the pass the strongmen, and thus the original strongman(Superman) gets by on.

Truth of the matter is, i don't think even DC would show 52 Supermen run through 7200 Corps.

So the calls for Supermen definitely makes me chuckle sardonically.

That is all.

Omega Vision
Superboy Prime took on how many Corps members? SBP is equal to about 2 to 4 regular Supermen so I'd say one way or another lots of GLs are going to die, the question is if enough of them go down for the Supermen to win.

UniOmni
Superboy Prime took on how many Corps members? SBP is equal to about 2 to 4 regular Supermen so I'd say one way or another lots of GLs are going to die, the question is if enough of them go down for the Supermen to win.

Pretty sure SBP killed about 32.

Going by that math(which is lol) the Supermen would get through about 416 Corps.....Which means they still lose decisively.

And going by what i've seen, SBP is significantly stronger than 2/4 Superman. You don't laugh off punches from Teth Adam and survive what he did on >>>>Superman.

Omega Vision
Pretty sure SBP killed about 32.

Going by that math(which is lol) the Supermen would get through about 416 Corps.....Which means they still lose decisively.

And going by what i've seen, SBP is significantly stronger than 2/4 Superman. You don't laugh off punches from Teth Adam and survive what he did on >>>>Superman.
But he was beaten by two Supermen (granted one was PC but he didn't seem to be as strong as a regular PC Kryptonian)

xJLxKing
But he was beaten by two Supermen (granted one was PC but he didn't seem to be as strong as a regular PC Kryptonian)
DO you know the circumstances to why Prime lost?

Omega Vision
DO you know the circumstances to why Prime lost?
Red Sun and all that. I know. Still the two of them were able to hold him long enough to drag him through a Sun.

r0nm0n88
prime will do alot of damage, but ultimately the supermen will fall!
i say 1000GLs die tho

Omega Vision
You have to consider the synergy of powers, all their heat vision at once would be like a billion suns, the GLC would be burnt to a crisp. I think the Supermen take Scenario 1 7/10 but GLC takes S2 6/10 and S3 10/10

xJLxKing
Red Sun and all that. I know. Still the two of them were able to hold him long enough to drag him through a Sun.
All they did was drag him to the sun because they knew they couldn't beat him physically. He was their superior.

Omega Vision
All they did was drag him to the sun because they knew they couldn't beat him physically. He was their superior.
Yes but they managed to hold him in place which shows he wasn't too far above the two of them in terms of strength or else he would have broken their hold.

xJLxKing
Yes but they managed to hold him in place which shows he wasn't too far above the two of them in terms of strength or else he would have broken their hold.
That doesn't mean they are equal to him in strength. They were dragging him more then anything

gogogadgetgo
And people really have a hard time wondering why Superman is so disliked on battleboards?

why is he so disliked in battleboards? could it be that

a. even if he's just at high herald level he gets to beat on skyfathers like darksied?

b. one of the most dangerous and powerful threat that faced dc universe was a "superboy"?

c. that it took "two supermen" to take down this threat which is a "superboy"?

d. that as mentioned in this thread there is an army of "supermen"?

e. "superman 1 million" was wanked so hard by giving him every conceivable power?

f. is "superman 1 million" was wanked on so hard by making him super uber, they go and make a "gold superman prime" who can do almost anything?

etc

seriously, i don't hate superman. i just don't like what dc has done to the character making him the be all end all of dc. it sucks!

Spire

most people on these types of boards are 90s marvel cartoon watching nubs that have a distorted view of Superman and anything DC?

Omega Vision

He's not Thanos? roll eyes (sarcastic)

-Pr-

a. even if he's just at high herald level he gets to beat on skyfathers like darksied?

b. one of the most dangerous and powerful threat that faced dc universe was a "superboy"?

c. that it took "two supermen" to take down this threat which is a "superboy"?

d. that as mentioned in this thread there is an army of "supermen"?

e. "superman 1 million" was wanked so hard by giving him every conceivable power?

f. is "superman 1 million" was wanked on so hard by making him super uber, they go and make a "gold superman prime" who can do almost anything?

etc

seriously, i don't hate superman. i just don't like what dc has done to the character making him the be all end all of dc. it sucks!

people need to get over themselves.

blackest night, their biggest story of the last few years, barely focuses on superman at all.

UniOmni
people need to get over themselves.

blackest night, their biggest story of the last few years, barely focuses on superman at all.

Biggest story of the last few years?

What are you talking about?

Last year was Final Crisis(all about Superman), the year before was DOTNG, before that was Countdown, and before that was Sinestro Corps War, and then before that was Infinite Crisis.

Seems to me the stories are all big...

xJLxKing

Last year was Final Crisis(all about Superman), the year before was DOTNG, before that was Countdown, and before that was Sinestro Corps War, and then before that was Infinite Crisis.

Only FC is about Superman and you don't see hm a lot. You see him in FC beyond, & FC 7 a lot. Though, other character get their spot. Don't forget the tie-ins.

GL was about Hal the corps.

-Pr-

they've been building up blackest night ever since sinestro corps started. to anyone who reads a lot of dc, BN was always the big one on the way, regardless of FC.

and honestly, how many people read all of countdown? it was shite.

Galan007
Kinda surprised to see this kind of stupidity come from your keys Galan.

Truth of the matter is, i don't think even DC would show 52 Supermen run through 7200 Corps.

So the calls for Supermen definitely makes me chuckle sardonically.
1.) stupidity? i said it was "probably" the aforementioned argument. i gave no absolutes.

2.) you don't think DC would show the supermen shitcanning the corps? srsly?

-superman alone was already compared to the entirety of the GLC.
-pre-DoS doomsday killed hundreds of GLs, and injured thousands more. again, that was pre-DoS doomsday.
-superboy prime shredded through the GL elite with little to no difficulty.

that said, to assume a team of supermen "so incredible it can only be assembled once against the absolute enemy" would be incapable of defeating the GLC, when FAR lesser *single* characters have shown the potential to do so, kind of makes me want to 'chuckle'.

Parmaniac
they've been building up blackest night ever since sinestro corps started. to anyone who reads a lot of dc, BN was always the big one on the way, regardless of FC.

and honestly, how many people read all of countdown? it was shite.

thumb up SCW and BN are the 2 reasons why I started reading DC and now I'm trying to catch up on all the characters and other stories, only thing that really sucks in DC IMO is that whole Multiversal thing it's annoying to see 100000000 versions of 1 and the same character

Juntai
1.) stupidity? i said it was "probably" the aforementioned argument. i gave no absolutes.

2.) you don't think DC would show the supermen shitcanning the corps? srsly?

-superman alone was already compared to the entirety of the GLC.
-pre-DoS doomsday killed hundreds of GLs, and injured thousands more. again, that was pre-DoS doomsday.
-superboy prime shredded through the GL elite with little to no difficulty.

that said, to assume a team of supermen "so incredible it can only be assembled once against the absolute enemy" would be incapable of defeating the GLC, when FAR lesser *single* characters have shown the potential to do so, kind of makes me want to 'chuckle'.
Not much of an end to what they'll let Superman do;

A solar powered Daxamite army couldn't dent an Imperiex probe, but pissed Superman railroaded through them like a kid knocking over action figures.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Spire
most people on these types of boards are 90s marvel cartoon watching nubs that have a distorted view of Superman and anything DC?

i resemble that remark....I am a 90s marvel cartoon watcher, although im not a newbie

-Pr-
Originally posted by Parmaniac
thumb up SCW and BN are the 2 reasons why I started reading DC and now I'm trying to catch up on all the characters and other stories, only thing that really sucks in DC IMO is that whole Multiversal thing it's annoying to see 100000000 versions of 1 and the same character

that was the beauty of sinestro corps. it got people who had never even read a gl comic to pick it up and start reading.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.