Captain Britain vs Sasquatch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
1. With flying.

2. Without flying.

Fight in UK.

Who wins?

Kris Blaze
Captain Britain is awesome.

With the right confidence, he'll take it.

snoopdogg
Cap. stomps.

guy222
Brian

-K-M-
Current or pre-death? (CB)

dmills
Cap.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by dmills
Cap.

-K-M-
Im actually quite suprized about this as CB really doesn't have to many impressive feats

KharmaDog
Originally posted by -K-M-
Im actually quite suprized about this as CB really doesn't have to many impressive feats

Don't be, Sassy seems to be fairly loathed on this board.

If Capt'n Brit can fly...it's a stalemate.

If they duke it out on the ground, eventually Sassy will get so pissed that'll lose his grip and tanaraq might take over. I doubt it would last that long though.

Flying and ranged combat attaks are Captain Britain's bread and butter in a fight with Walter.

Knowsbleed33
Brian wins the flying one and loses the other.

juggernaut74
Walter should win both.

krisblaze
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Walter should win both.
Not a chance smile

Britain's got him beat in every category.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by krisblaze
Not a chance smile

Britain's got him beat in every category. Flight and speed yes. But Sasquatch is stronger, smarter, and has healing factor. Skills is a wash imo.

krisblaze
Flight and speed yes. But Sasquatch is stronger, smarter, and has healing factor. Skills is a wash imo.

Smarter? Captain Britain created a supercollider when he was 12...Beast needed him to create the Phoenix cage.

And he sure isn't stronger. Cap's got the greater lifting and punching feats.

There's also the bit about Cap's forcefield, which means that he's not just durable but that he doesn't even feel most attacks unless they do serious harm.

Speed is more or less the same without flight, but Cap has a definite advantage in skill.

zopzop
Smarter? Captain Britain created a supercollider when he was 12...Beast needed him to create the Phoenix cage.

And he sure isn't stronger. Cap's got the greater lifting and punching feats.

There's also the bit about Cap's forcefield, which means that he's not just durable but that he doesn't even feel most attacks unless they do serious harm.

Speed is more or less the same without flight, but Cap has a definite advantage in skill.
I agree that intelligence is more or less equal and the forcefield is a nice bonus.

BUT..............Cap having better lifting and striking feats than Sas? I don't know about that.

I think Sas would win after a good fight.

krisblaze
Originally posted by zopzop
I agree that intelligence is more or less equal and the forcefield is a nice bonus.

BUT..............Cap having better lifting and striking feats than Sas? I don't know about that.

I think Sas would win after a good fight.
I've yet to see Sas do something that tops the Master Mold lifting feat.

Same with where he punches MJJ/Fury and he needed years to reconsitute.

carver9
Britain wins

zopzop
I've yet to see Sas do something that tops the Master Mold lifting feat.
Refresh my memory here. How big and heavy was the Master Mold.

Sas has lifted and pushed back into the ocean a beached destroyer (those things weigh thousands of tons), easily caught a jumbo jet, he's done other stuff but I'm not recalling them now.

Impressive 'high feat', yes, but Sas, IMHO, has the better 'average'.

krisblaze

Refresh my memory here. How big and heavy was the Master Mold.
No clue. Bigger than a skyscraper.
Sas has lifted and pushed back into the ocean a beached destroyer (those things weigh thousands of tons), easily caught a jumbo jet, he's done other stuff but I'm not recalling them now.
You just listed Sasquatch's two greatest lifting feats. His third one being the time he lifted the X-Jet.

Impressive 'high feat', yes, but Sas, IMHO, has the better 'average'.
"high feats" ? Captain Britain came back to life only a few years ago.

These are his average post-resurrection.

They also fight in the UK, which...yeah...makes this almost impossible for Walt imo.

DarkSaint85
Almost as if kris knows both combatants....

-K-M-
And yet captain Britain just got easily beat by captain marvel recently shifty

-K-M-
Not a chance smile

Britain's got him beat in every category.

Every category? Come on man erm

juggernaut74
No clue. Bigger than a skyscraper.

You just listed Sasquatch's two greatest lifting feats. His third one being the time he lifted the X-Jet.

"high feats" ? Captain Britain came back to life only a few years ago.

These are his average post-resurrection.

They also fight in the UK, which...yeah...makes this almost impossible for Walt imo. When did Sasquatch lift the X-jet? Also, yea being in Britain helps....a lot but I'm still thinking Walter wins. As far as smarts goes, yea Brian is smart but when Reed Richards can't figure something out he calls in Walter for help. That counts for something.

-K-M-
He wss talking about the 250 ton dc-10 that he tossed 1000 feet. Walter has also caught a falling 6 story building, halted an inter-dimensional boxer which the collective (elder of the universe) though was impossible, has the second strongest legs on the planet, listed as "almost limitless strength", broke a trans-displacement dimension with a punch, etc etc. kris is underplaying Walter and neglecting the fact he can amp his strength further and he has slugged it out with the very best and held his own

He in another thread said aquaman would be to much for Britain but here he says he smokes Walter? Yeah...no

Spawningpool
Sasquatch skull ****s Britain

juggernaut74
He wss talking about the 250 ton dc-10 that he tossed 1000 feet. Walter has also caught a falling 6 story building, halted an inter-dimensional boxer which the collective (elder of the universe) though was impossible, has the second strongest legs on the planet, listed as "almost limitless strength", broke a trans-displacement dimension with a punch, etc etc. kris is underplaying Walter and neglecting the fact he can amp his strength further and he has slugged it out with the very best and held his own

He in another thread said aquaman would be to much for Britain but here he says he smokes Walter? Yeah...no I thought maybe Walter lifted the X - jet because I saw a scan a few years ago stating the jet weighs 300 tons. That would be impressive if he did.

jrodslam
Sassy is underrated. Needs new and recent feats. Id vote for him though.

zopzop
I thought maybe Walter lifted the X - jet because I saw a scan a few years ago stating the jet weighs 300 tons. That would be impressive if he did.
The x-jet as in the Black Bird? It does NOT weigh 300 tons. I think the old handbook entry has it at 60 tons.

juggernaut74
The x-jet as in the Black Bird? It does NOT weigh 300 tons. I think the old handbook entry has it at 60 tons. The comic clearly stated 300 tons. Comics> handbooks right?

zopzop
The comic clearly stated 300 tons. Comics> handbooks right?
Then produce the scan.

juggernaut74
I don't have it. It was posted years ago.

zopzop
I don't have it. It was posted years ago.
Yeah, that's what I thought.

As of now, the Handbook says it's 60 tons unloaded. About 72 tons at full capacity.

jrodslam
Handbooks dont know shit.

krisblaze
KM, didn't he lift the x-jet in x-men and alpha flight or something? They're trying to take off and he's holding them back.

When did Sasquatch lift the X-jet? Also, yea being in Britain helps....a lot but I'm still thinking Walter wins. As far as smarts goes, yea Brian is smart but when Reed Richards can't figure something out he calls in Walter for help. That counts for something.

Britain has better feats, what's not to understand about this?

He in another thread said aquaman would be to much for Britain but here he says he smokes Walter? Yeah...no

**** you for coming in here and accusing me of downplaying Sasquatch.

If anyone's given him or AF a fair turn on KMC it's me.

The listing doesn't matter, especially not when he doesn't have the feats to back up that supposed claim. That's pointless hype and Britain has it better.

He physically overpowered a hell-duke in his own domain.
He punched MJJ/Fury so hard that he needed years to reconstitute-
He stopped the PHOENIX FORCE when Thor and many others had no chance.
He killed the Super Skrull that had absorbed the combined magic of Avalon and Britain...

They're in Britain and he can summon excalibur whenever he wants.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by jrodslam
Handbooks dont know shit. Right on.

BTW where the f*ck have you been?

zopzop
Originally posted by jrodslam
Handbooks dont know shit.
Handbook entry better than imaginary scans.
Right on.

BTW where the f*ck have you been?
Produce the scan or shut up.

Here is the handbook entry for those that are curious :
http://s3.postimg.org/kcl5bhhnz/The_Official_Handbook_Of_The_Marvel_Universe_12.jpg

juggernaut74
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/5328/xmenunlimited0116lx3.jpg

zopzop
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/5328/xmenunlimited0116lx3.jp
Jeezus..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

krisblaze
I was wrong on the X Jet.

I was thinking of the jumbo plane from uncanny x-men.

juggernaut74
Jeezus..... roll eyes (sarcastic) I bet you feel real smart now.

krisblaze
I bet you feel real smart now.
We still need to see Sasquatch lift it though.

Also two as two separate X-Jets.

zopzop
I bet you feel real smart now.
Your image doesn't work moron.

Here is the correct link :
http://s22.postimg.org/6znjc3jtp/xmenunlimited0116lx3.jpg

juggernaut74

Also two as two separate X-Jets. Didn't you say he lifted it? That's why I brought it up because I believed you.

juggernaut74
Your image doesn't work moron.

http://s22.postimg.org/6znjc3jtp/xmenunlimited0116lx3.jpg I edited the post. Happy Dance Dumb@ss.

zopzop

Also two as two separate X-Jets.
Try looking here?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t491529.html

He did a good job with the respect thread.

juggernaut74
I thought maybe Walter lifted the X - jet because I saw a scan a few years ago stating the jet weighs 300 tons. That would be impressive if he did. Originally posted by zopzop
The x-jet as in the Black Bird? It does NOT weigh 300 tons. I think the old handbook entry has it at 60 tons. Originally posted by juggernaut74
I don't have it. It was posted years ago. Originally posted by zopzop
Yeah, that's what I thought.

As of now, the Handbook says it's 60 tons unloaded. About 72 tons at full capacity. Originally posted by zopzop
Handbook entry better than imaginary scans.

Produce the scan or shut up.

Here is the handbook entry for those that are curious :
http://s3.postimg.org/kcl5bhhnz/The_Official_Handbook_Of_The_Marvel_Universe_12.jpg Originally posted by juggernaut74
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/5328/xmenunlimited0116lx3.jpg

krisblaze
Try looking here?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t491529.html

He did a good job with the respect thread.
It's not there, I've been through that thread a dozen times stick out tongue

That's how I noticed that the Jumbo jet-scan was almost identical to how I remembered the X-Jet scan to be. In other words, I was wrong stick out tongue

I was wrong on the X Jet.

I was thinking of the jumbo plane from uncanny x-men.

zopzop

Yeah. You'll have to excuse me for asking for proof of your assertions because you leave out context and "misremember" sh|t all the time.

juggernaut74
Yeah. You'll have to excuse me for asking for proof of your assertions because you leave out context and "misremember" sh|t all the time. Still funny as hell, even went as far to call me a moron too.

krisblaze
And you're both arguing because I misremembered.

Which KM corrected (or at least claimed to not know of) around the first page stick out tongue

juggernaut74

Which KM corrected (or at least claimed to not know of) around the first page stick out tongue I said there was a scan floating around saying the jet weighs 300 tons, he said that scan don't exist and I'm a moron, then I posted the scan. laughing

It's all good though.

zopzop
Still funny as hell, even went as far to call me a moron too.
Your link didn't work and I had to fix it for you. So yeah. It fits.Originally posted by krisblaze

Which KM corrected (or at least claimed to not know of) around the first page stick out tongue
Nah, he's just annoying.

-K-M-
KM, didn't he lift the x-jet in x-men and alpha flight or something? They're trying to take off and he's holding them back.

**** you for coming in here and accusing me of downplaying Sasquatch.

If anyone's given him or AF a fair turn on KMC it's me.

The listing doesn't matter, especially not when he doesn't have the feats to back up that supposed claim. That's pointless hype and Britain has it better.

He physically overpowered a hell-duke in his own domain.
He punched MJJ/Fury so hard that he needed years to reconstitute-
He stopped the PHOENIX FORCE when Thor and many others had no chance.
He killed the Super Skrull that had absorbed the combined magic of Avalon and Britain...

They're in Britain and he can summon excalibur whenever he wants.

Wasn't the X-Jet, that was a 250 ton DC-10.

No offence a lot of what you just mentioned could be applied to when Walter fought he Super Skrull the Great Beasts, etc. He is not blowing out Sasquatch. Come on erm Even recently he showed being superior to both the She Hulks combined and stronger then A-Bomb and as I mentioned he can further amp his strength. This is a close match and no one is blowing out anyone. This is actually a competitive match.

krisblaze
Wasn't the X-Jet, that was a 250 ton DC-10.

No offence a lot of what you just mentioned could be applied to when Walter fought he Super Skrull the Great Beasts, etc. He is not blowing out Sasquatch. Come on erm Even recently he showed being superior to both the She Hulks combined and stronger then A-Bomb and as I mentioned he can further amp his strength.

No, it couldn't.

The Otherworld Super-Skrull was created using the amulet of right, holy grail, sword of might and the magic in Avalon.

Britain too can amplify his strength and in Britain he has an unlimited source of energy.

He destroyed Lilith for chrissakes, she was giving Strange a hard time.

Maybe if they had been fighting in Canada or somewhere this could've been a close fight, but there's absolutely no chance in hell that Captain Britain's losing to Sasquatch in Britain.

-K-M-
No, it couldn't.

The Otherworld Super-Skrull was created using the amulet of right, holy grail, sword of might and the magic in Avalon.

Britain too can amplify his strength and in Britain he has an unlimited source of energy.

He destroyed Lilith for chrissakes, she was giving Strange a hard time.

Maybe if they had been fighting in Canada or somewhere this could've been a close fight, but there's absolutely no chance in hell that Captain Britain's losing to Sasquatch in Britain.

With the sword of Excalibur, but physically he was getting dominated. It was a feat for the sword not Brian. Nor will he go for the killshot against Walter. Correct me if I'm wrong didn't he have excalibur recently against ms.marvel or was it something else?

Lilith as in the Mother of All Demons? She has been beaten and killed before.

Elder God > Captain Britain's energy supply

You act like he is invincible in Britain and has never lost there....he has. If he has Excalibur and willing to go for the kill I have no problem giving Brian the nod then.

juggernaut74
Do you think Cap will win in Canada as well?

krisblaze
With the sword of Excalibur, but physically he was getting dominated. It was a feat for the sword not Brian. Nor will he go for the killshot against Walter. Correct me if I'm wrong didn't he have excalibur recently against ms.marvel or was it something else?

Lilith as in the Mother of All Demons? She has been beaten and killed before.

Elder God > Captain Britain's energy supply

You act like he is invincible in Britain and has never lost there....he has. If he has Excalibur and willing to go for the kill I have no problem giving Brian the nod then.
He's fighting a superior foe, and it's called suspension.

He had it when he was fighting the War Machines, not against Captain Marvel.

If you insist on that ridiculous fight, then sure. Captain Britain uses his fancy portals to send Sasquatch right into a spiked pit. Where the plain wooden spikes will almost kill Walter.

Lilith has been imprisoned as far as I can recall. Can't really kill her.

No, no no no no. Captain Britain's energy supply is multiversal.

Who beat Captain Britain in Britain?

-K-M-
He's fighting a superior foe, and it's called suspension.

He had it when he was fighting the War Machines, not against Captain Marvel.

If you insist on that ridiculous fight, then sure. Captain Britain uses his fancy portals to send Sasquatch right into a spiked pit. Where the plain wooden spikes will almost kill Walter.

Lilith has been imprisoned as far as I can recall. Can't really kill her.

No, no no no no. Captain Britain's energy supply is multiversal.

Who beat Captain Britain in Britain?

No im not saying that. I'm asking what sword that was? You can see him holding a sword in sue's construct.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought she was killed in the 90s and then resurrected?

Hmmmmmmm

Lionheart I believe his name was or was it Avalon?

krisblaze
No im not saying that. I'm asking what sword that was? You can see him holding a sword in sue's construct.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought she was killed in the 90s and then resurrected?

Hmmmmmmm

Lionheart I believe his name was or was it Avalon?

Right, I didn't see the sword when he was on the ground.

In the Ghost Rider story? I thought they "banished" her.

Not to mention that Merlin explicitly stated that he allowed Captain Britain to die.

It was Avalon then, and he sure as shit didn't defeat him. The first time we see Captain Britain punch him into a building, and that's that (though they're both seemingly unharmed). The second time they both have help, though it ends with Captain Britain winning, even though he was trying to convince Avalon to join him.

Not that it matters since it was pre-ressurrection Captain Britain.

krisblaze
Do you think Cap will win in Canada as well?

In Canada it's a lot closer at least.

Cap britain still wins imo as having a forcefield+durability is still better than just having the durability. I think they're more or less equally durable, but the forcefield means that if Sasquatch ain't landing his best blows, Cap won't really feel them.

Healing, Walter can heal, but I don't see that saving him any more than Cap's ability to heal does. Lady Deathstrike cut his face up when he was weakened, but he hasn't shown any scars or anything...and she cut him to/through the bone. He also doesn't age.

Speed is a wash and same with Reflexes. Sasquatch has great feats, but so does Cap. They both have superhuman reflexes imo, even though a lot of people will deny it.

Fighting skills is where I'd give Cap another advantage. Not just because he's been fighting a century or two longer than Sasquatch, but also because his powers came with fighting skills and because it's been displayed/mentioned several times.

Strength is a wash. They've both got feats that lie around 100 ton and can go beyond that when they have to.

Intellect is a wash. Brian is a physicist and Walter is a doctor.

Battle-smarts/leadership/whatever They're both seasoned heroes. Brian is one of the greatest in the multiverse though. He's the leader of the Captain Britain Corps (RIP x3) and has led several teams, AND he's been in more diverse battles than Sasquatch. This doesn't give him much of an edge here though.

Flight. Cap can fly several thousand mph, Sasquatch can't fly.

Other stuff:

Cap can open portals at will.
Cap can USE his forcefield actively to punch and create barriers.

I might be leaving something out? KM will correct that.

I have a lot of respect for him and I think we're pretty close on most issues.

I just dislike him accusing me of low-balling and then trying to harp on an off-panel fight that had Cap down for a panel. Especially when Cap had just killed several war machines and taken a hit from the Hulk.

juggernaut74
In Canada it's a lot closer at least.

Cap britain still wins imo as having a forcefield+durability is still better than just having the durability. I think they're more or less equally durable, but the forcefield means that if Sasquatch ain't landing his best blows, Cap won't really feel them.

Healing, Walter can heal, but I don't see that saving him any more than Cap's ability to heal does. Lady Deathstrike cut his face up when he was weakened, but he hasn't shown any scars or anything...and she cut him to/through the bone. He also doesn't age.

Speed is a wash and same with Reflexes. Sasquatch has great feats, but so does Cap. They both have superhuman reflexes imo, even though a lot of people will deny it.

Fighting skills is where I'd give Cap another advantage. Not just because he's been fighting a century or two longer than Sasquatch, but also because his powers came with fighting skills and because it's been displayed/mentioned several times.

Strength is a wash. They've both got feats that lie around 100 ton and can go beyond that when they have to.

Intellect is a wash. Brian is a physicist and Walter is a doctor.

Battle-smarts/leadership/whatever They're both seasoned heroes. Brian is one of the greatest in the multiverse though. He's the leader of the Captain Britain Corps (RIP x3) and has led several teams, AND he's been in more diverse battles than Sasquatch. This doesn't give him much of an edge here though.

Flight. Cap can fly several thousand mph, Sasquatch can't fly.

Other stuff:

Cap can open portals at will.
Cap can USE his forcefield actively to punch and create barriers.

I might be leaving something out? KM will correct that.

I have a lot of respect for him and I think we're pretty close on most issues.

I just dislike him accusing me of low-balling and then trying to harp on an off-panel fight that had Cap down for a panel. Especially when Cap had just killed several war machines and taken a hit from the Hulk. Most of that stuff makes sense. But you said woodoen spikes would put down Sasquatch but then say they are equally durable.

BTW when did Brian fight Hulk?

krisblaze
Most of that stuff makes sense. But you said woodoen spikes would put down Sasquatch but then say they are equally durable.
That was a spite-comment to KM.

In reference to Walter's fight with Creed, where he falls down into a pit and is wounded by wooden spikes stick out tongue

BTW when did Brian fight Hulk?
He punched a Hulk look-alike in Excalibur #14;

Smashes an alternate Hulk, from Excalibur #14:
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/Captain%20Britain%20respect%20thread/Strength/th_Huk1.jpg

juggernaut74
That was a spite-comment to KM.

In reference to Walter's fight with Creed, where he falls down into a pit and is wounded by wooden spikes stick out tongue

He punched a Hulk look-alike in Excalibur #14; I know the fight, was just surpised is all. Walter does have a good HF though. Deadpool stabbed him with his swords and they healed fast iirc.

I saw that Hulk fight, I was thought there was another.

krisblaze
I know the fight, was just surpised is all. Walter does have a good HF though. Deadpool stabbed him with his swords and they healed fast iirc.

Oh, in Avengers 35 or something.

Hulk just jumps and lands right next to him stick out tongue

juggernaut74
Oh, in Avengers 35 or something.

Hulk just jumps and lands right next to him stick out tongue Did they have any physical contact in that Avengers issue?

Sasquatch fought Hulk back in the day and did real well, he's also beaten a alternate reality Hulk.

carver9
I know the fight, was just surpised is all. Walter does have a good HF though. Deadpool stabbed him with his swords and they healed fast iirc.

Cap Never fought the real deal.

krisblaze
Did they have any physical contact in that Avengers issue?

Sasquatch fought Hulk back in the day and did real well, he's also beaten a alternate reality Hulk.

None outside of that smile

-K-M-
I wasn't harping on an off-panel fight though. I asked what sword was that?

Also you changed your tune. You originally said cap had every advantage now your saying its close in a lot of categories. That makes far more sense thumb up

Also yes sasquatch can't fly, but he has routinely caught Northstar in mid-flight. So speed and flight won't be the huge turning point here

krisblaze
I wasn't harping on an off-panel fight though. I asked what sword was that?

Also you changed your tune. You originally said cap had every advantage now your saying its close in a lot of categories. That makes far more sense thumb up

Also yes sasquatch can't fly, but he has routinely caught Northstar in mid-flight. So speed and flight won't be the huge turning point here
I must've gotten you confused with someone else smile

Yes, but I actually do think he holds the advantage in strength, durability, speed, etc. It's just that they're so minor. I didn't mean it in the sense that Sasquatch is outclassed, which, in retrospect, it may have seemed like.

Indeed.

-K-M-
Then we're good thumb up sorry for the confusion

krisblaze
Then we're good thumb up sorry for the confusion
thumb up

Did you read Doomquest btw?

Just a fraction of excalibur is enough to be considered a massive upgrade for doom wink

juggernaut74
Originally posted by carver9
Cap Never fought the real deal. That's odd, almost every powerhouse in Marvel has crossed paths with Hulk at some point.

carver9
That's odd, almost every powerhouse in Marvel has crossed paths with Hulk at some point.

Extremely weird. Cap has fought a lot of people as well which makes it more shocking. They'll cross paths though and it would be good to see what happens. Heard Cap loss to Ms. Marvel?

juggernaut74
Extremely weird. Cap has fought a lot of people as well which makes it more shocking. They'll cross paths though and it would be good to see what happens. Heard Cap loss to Ms. Marvel? Ms. Marvel beat Cap? Got scans?

krisblaze
Extremely weird. Cap has fought a lot of people as well which makes it more shocking. They'll cross paths though and it would be good to see what happens. Heard Cap loss to Ms. Marvel?
Please keep this trolling out of an otherwise respectable thread.

I accepted your BZ challenge, go get ready.

-K-M-
thumb up

Just a fraction of excalibur is enough to be considered a massive upgrade for doom wink

Doomquest? Was that from the 80s? I vaguely recall it but have not read it in yeeeeeeears.

Stoic
Ms. Marvel beat Cap? Got scans?

She did beat him mostly off panel, but he may have not been at full power because he had a round with War Machine. It should also be noted that losing a fight against Carol isn't a low showing, she's a powerhouse capable of going up against Wonder Man, and easily handling the likes of Tiger Shark..

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
She did beat him mostly off panel, but he may have not been at full power because he had a round with War Machine. It should also be noted that losing a fight against Carol isn't a low showing, she's a powerhouse capable of going up against Wonder Man, and easily handling the likes of Tiger Shark..

thumb up

juggernaut74
Got scans of Cap fighting War Machine and Ms. Marvel?

Galan007
thumb up

Just a fraction of excalibur is enough to be considered a massive upgrade for doom wink Are you sure you aren't referring to Iron Man: Legacy of Doom? I ask because the exact same thing happened to Doom in that mini:
http://i.imgur.com/oAtB4mt.jpg

carver9
Don't want to get things riled up in here so I'll hold back on those scans. Maybe someone else will post them.

juggernaut74
Good idea. Message me the scans if you can.

Stoic
Got scans of Cap fighting War Machine and Ms. Marvel?

Originally posted by Galan007
New Avengers (2/2):
http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21598894_New_Avengers_2013-_028-015.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21598895_New_Avengers_2013-_028-016.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21598896_New_Avengers_2013-_028-017.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21598897_New_Avengers_2013-_028-018.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21598901_New_Avengers_2013-_028-019.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21598902_New_Avengers_2013-_028-020.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21598903_New_Avengers_2013-_028-021.jpg

Stoic
Good idea. Message me the scans if you can.

The War Machine run in happened but I couldn't find the scan. Too busy at the moment.

juggernaut74
Did Sunspot just rock the Hulk with a punch or do my eyes deceive me?

One_Angry_Scot

Your eyes aren't deceiving you but I don't think it's anything to look into in any much detail.

Plus I think it's an alt. The one that defeated Doc Green.

carver9

Thats an alt Hulk. A powerful alt Hulk that just finished fighting and defeating Doc Green but an alt Hulk. Wouldn't say he was rocked hut he did surprise him with that punch. I told you about this ft last time we talked (you and I).

juggernaut74
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Your eyes aren't deceiving you but I don't think it's anything to look into in any much detail. He drew blood and looks like he blew the Hulks eye out. That's a good feat for Sunspot, just last week I was asking for feats from him.

Galan007
Blood was clearly depicted flinging from Hulk's mouth when Sunspot punched him. He was rocked.

One_Angry_Scot
He drew blood and looks like he blew the Hulks eye out. That's a good feat for Sunspot, just last week I was asking for feats from him.

Yeah it is a good feat.

DarkSaint85
Carver is stuck in a Hulkback loop.

carver9
Blood was clearly depicted flinging from Hulk's mouth when Sunspot punched him. He was rocked.

True. Wouldn't count that against the Hulk though since it was an alternate Hulk. A powerful Alt Hulk but an alternate Hulk.

DarkSaint85
One who was more powerful than Doc Green.

carver9
By the way, Cap was curbing those War Machine with his blade. I can't even remember if he was hit by any of them since he was slicing them up before they had the chance. To my knowledge, he didn't receive any damage from them so he was fresh. If anything Ms. Marvel was weakened since during the previous issue, she was punched out of orbit by the Hulk and per the dialog, she was knocked out. With that said, that win for Ms. Marvel is legit and it proves that Captain Britain isn't up there with the big boys. Not even close. I change my vote, Sasquash slaughters him.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
One who was more powerful than Doc Green.

He did temp drop Doc but the ft doesn't go against The Hulk since it wasn't him. Plus, it was said in the previous issue that Doc wasn't even angry. Overall, it isn't our Hulk so it does not count against him.

Galan007
What is your synopsis of this scene, carver?:
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/21957294_Secret_Avengers-Zone_011.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/21957295_Secret_Avengers-Zone_012.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/21957296_Secret_Avengers-Zone_013.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/21957298_Secret_Avengers-Zone_014.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/21957292_Secret_Avengers-Zone_015.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/21957293_Secret_Avengers-Zone_016.jpg

carver9
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/21957294_Secret_Avengers-Zone_011.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/21957295_Secret_Avengers-Zone_012.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/21957296_Secret_Avengers-Zone_013.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/21957298_Secret_Avengers-Zone_014.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/21957292_Secret_Avengers-Zone_015.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/21957293_Secret_Avengers-Zone_016.jpg

A high end ft.

juggernaut74
That's a very high end feat, not sure if Sasquatch has one to match but he's got a better average imo.

carver9
That's a very high end feat, not sure if Sasquatch has one to match but he's got a better average imo.

He doesn't have one to match it and I agree with the average comment.

DarkSaint85
He did temp drop Doc but the ft doesn't go against The Hulk since it wasn't him. Plus, it was said in the previous issue that Doc wasn't even angry. Overall, it isn't our Hulk so it does not count against him.

But alt Hulk has been shown, in direct comparison, to be more powerful than Green.

Galan007
He doesn't have one to match it and I agree with the average comment. This is odd, carver, because just a few posts ago you proclaimed that CB "wasn't up there with the big boys" solely because of his low-end showing against Ms. Marvel... Yet for some reason you completely write-off/ignore his high-end showing against Phoenix.

Mind explaining the discrepancy..? smile

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But alt Hulk has been shown, in direct comparison, to be more powerful than Green.

There was an comparison in the comic and it was never said that he was more powerful. The words they used were 'more angry'. Don't know if that Hulk was still angry since they switched him from fighting the Hulk to saving their lives from the drop.

carver9
This is odd, carver, because just a few posts ago you proclaimed that CB "wasn't up there with the big boys" solely because of his low-end showing against Ms. Marvel... Yet for some reason you completely write-off/ignore his high-end showing against Phoenix.

Mind explaining the discrepancy..? smile

His Phoenix showing is a display of how powerful his shields are. His fight against Carol is the opposite. Would you even consider his Ms. Marvel fight as a low showing? If so, why?

Galan007
You completely dodged the question.

carver9
Lol...I don't consider his fight against Ms. Marvel as a low showing and he approached both scenes differently. If he would've used his shields against Carol, things probably would've played out differently. I get what you are saying though, galan.

Galan007
So you agree that in a forum battle, wherein he fights to the best of his ability, he may not be quite as useless as you said..?

carver9
Sigh

celeyhyga17
All i gotta say is how da pluck did a Cpt Brit vs Sasquatch thread reach pg 6 in KMC?

Mungi must have multiple socks.

zopzop
Didn't Thing withstand multiple blasts by Rogue Celestials? High feats are nice, but we have to go by averages.

carver9
Didn't Thing withstand multiple blasts by Rogue Celestials? High feats are nice, but we have to go by averages.

thumb up

I think Galan knows this. Don't know why he asked me that.

Galan007
^ So a single cherry-picked low-end feat courtesy of Ms. Marvel constitutes an 'average' in your world?

Didn't Thing withstand multiple blasts by Rogue Celestials? High feats are nice, but we have to go by averages. Ironic, considering that I've personally witnessed you argue that the Mad Celestials were "teh weaksauce" because Thing survived their blasts. But now, it's just a high-end feat for Thing.

It's interesting to me how you people change your opinions when it suits you.

carver9
Naah. I'm balancing it out. He fought a top tier...Juggernaut and was getting worked. I know he beat Air Walker but that fight had context and he admitted Air Walker was too powerful. What showing puts him on Sasquash level? That's all I'm asking.

zopzop
^ So a single cherry-picked low-end feat courtesy of Ms. Marvel constitutes an 'average' in your world?

Ironic, considering that I've personally witnessed you argue that the Mad Celestials were "teh weaksauce" because Thing survived their blasts.

It's interesting to me how you people change your opinions when it suits you.
They were trash, but that's my opinion. I brought up that example because the person I was responding to, AKA YOU, believed they were as powerful as their 616 counterparts.

How many times was Thor humiliated in AvX? But make a Thor vs Captain Britain thread and see how many people choose Brian.
Naah. I'm balancing it out. He fought a top tier...Juggernaut and was getting worked. I know he beat Air Walker but that fight had context and he admitted Air Walker was too powerful. What showing puts him on Sasquash level? That's all I'm asking.
Brian was jinxed by Merlyn as Kris pointed out. So those showings don't really count against him.

Galan007
Naah. I'm balancing it out. He fought a top tier...Juggernaut and was getting worked. I know he beat Air Walker but that fight had context and he admitted Air Walker was too powerful. What showing puts him on Sasquash level? That's all I'm asking. I don't care about this thread, carver.

However, you used ONE poor showing as your basis for why CB can't beat Sasquatch:
With that said, that win for Ms. Marvel is legit and it proves that Captain Britain isn't up there with the big boys. Not even close. I change my vote, Sasquash slaughters him.

And THAT is what I'm addressing. You readily accepted ONE low-end feat as law, but swiftly dismissed/ignored a high-end feat as though it shouldn't even be considered. That glaring double-standard is what I have an issue with. If you're going to use averages, use averages. Don't pick and choose when it suits you. thumb up

juggernaut74
Didn't Thing withstand multiple blasts by Rogue Celestials? High feats are nice, but we have to go by averages. How much does the X-Jet weigh? smokin'

zopzop
How much does the X-Jet weigh? smokin'
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/11/Whitney_Hairflip.gif

krisblaze
It's high feat, but hardly a high-end feat. We've hardly seen anything but high-end feats since Captain Britain returned. You could just look at the respect thread smile

Are you sure you aren't referring to Iron Man: Legacy of Doom? I ask because the exact same thing happened to Doom in that mini:
http://i.imgur.com/oAtB4mt.jpg
I was mixing the two. Legacy of Doom is where he gets the "excalibur-armour". In Doomquest he just chases Excalibur...I think...

Originally posted by Stoic
He fought several war machines, and destroyed them easily I might add. The off-panel fight doesn't really add anything, since he was back up right after. It's entirely possible for Captain Marvel to get him down and beat on him. Doesn't mean that he's out, especially not when

a) A weaker Captain Britain tanked Binary's best attacks

b) She had Hulk down earlier without hurting him

c) Captain Britain was up and standing in the very next panel

But even if she had beat him there's the fact that

a) He's not in Britain and on a fixed energy reserve

b) Has been fighting a last stand battle against the incursion the last year, and just lost his eye

a) He was weakened by Merlyn at the time.

b) His powers especially waned when he fought someone alone/refused help from team-mates.

c) That was 4 incarnations of Captain Britain ago.

d) You'd know all this by reading the respect thread.

e) Those showings have been posted.

f) He's over Sasquatch's level, and reported for low-balling smile

celeyhyga17
How much does the X-Jet weigh? smokin'

http://s22.postimg.org/6znjc3jtp/xmenunlimited0116lx3.jpg

juggernaut74
Naah. I'm balancing it out. He fought a top tier...Juggernaut and was getting worked. I know he beat Air Walker but that fight had context and he admitted Air Walker was too powerful. What showing puts him on Sasquash level? That's all I'm asking. Brian got worked by Juggernaut hard core but a lot of people have. Sasquatch would get rolled by Cain as well as he had his hands full with depowered Cain while Sasquatch was wearing Canadian Hulk-buster armor.

carver9
Brian got worked by Juggernaut hard core but a lot of people have. Sasquatch would get rolled by Cain as well as he had his hands full with depowered Cain while Sasquatch was wearing Canadian Hulk-buster armor.

I agree but I don't think he would've worked Sasquash as easily as he did Brian.

-K-M-
Well actually with the hulk buster he was clearly winning and stopped fighting when ordered to. When he stopped juggernaut hit him away. When he came back he was pummelling him but at thay time juggernaut gave up

But yes sasquatch would lose to classic juggernaut. No question.

juggernaut74
Well actually with the hulk buster he was clearly winning and stopped fighting when ordered to. When he stopped juggernaut hit him away. When he came back he was pummelling him but at thay time juggernaut gave up

But yes sasquatch would lose to classic juggernaut. No question. Yep, Walter was beating him pretty good but Cain didn't go down. You got scans handy?

carver9
Yep, Walter was beating him pretty good but Cain didn't go down. You got scans handy?

Walter usually does well against high tier opponents. That's why I was asking for a comparison from the two.

krisblaze
What bearing does this have on the thread?

Everybody knows that Captain Britain was weakened and fighting a full powered Juggernaut. Where as Sasquatch fought a depowered Juggernaut.

juggernaut74
What bearing does this have on the thread?

Everybody knows that Captain Britain was weakened and fighting a full powered Juggernaut. Where as Sasquatch fought a depowered Juggernaut. I didn't know Cap was weakened, first I've heard of this tell me more.

krisblaze
I didn't know Cap was weakened, first I've heard of this tell me more.
READ THE RESPECT THREAD

This is why you keep saying Sasquatch has a better average, because you're 30 years behind on Captain Britain.

Also, as some may have noticed, Captain Britain was less than spectacular in early Excalibur, and more of a douche.This is because Roma puts a curse of enfeeblement on him, which reduces his strength and causes him to fail whenever he tries to act independently, from Excalibur #47:
Explained here by Merlyn
And confirmed here by Roma

Not only that, but his suit actually prevented him from fully developing and accessing his own power, confirmed by himself here in Captain Britain v2 #13:
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/Captain%20Britain%20respect%20thread/Bios%20and%20etc/Suitinhib.jpg

juggernaut74
My computer won't let me load scans from photobucket for some reason.

krisblaze
My computer won't let me load scans from photobucket for some reason.

That's okay, it goes back a while.

It's been more or less the running theme of his history. Due to his love for science and disbelief of magic, Brian needed something to help him make sense. In reality he's just strong because his dad was of otherworld origin/chosen by Merlin due to being the greatest "human" on 616. The power of excalibur and role as multiversal guardian is actually his legacy and theoretically he can be as powerful as Roma and Merlin if he embraced his role, etc.

That's what happened when he temporarily became the guardian of the otherworld/replaced Roma. I didn't address all of this in the respect thread because they decided to go back on it and turn him into something "inbetween".

Anyways, because his mind needed time to embrace magic or whatever, e was initially given the amulet of right and the force-staff and later the suit. First he believed the power to come entirely from these objects. Later he believed it to be a focus. Then, finally, it was revealed that they were there to keep his powers in check smile

The only relevant part of all this, however, is this.

90s Captain Britain was weaker, slower and dumber due to

a) Strength/co-ordination Jinx by Roma

b) The suit inhibiting the growth of his power

c) Him not being ready to accept his heritage

When Merlin (Freed from his evil persona and from the Fury's influence) was released from his prison in Otherworld he let Captain Britain die to the Skrull-Nuke and resurrected him with his new abilities. These "new" abilities are simply greater superhuman stats and more esoteric bullshit. Like touching magic, seeing through illusions and so on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.