Optimus Prime vs. Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Robtard seems to think that Ang Lee's Hulk would thrash Optimus in a fight. I don't see it that way. What say the rest of you? mad

Combatants
*Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen/Transformers)
*Hulk (Eric Bana/Hulk)

Setting: NYC (I Am Legend)

Hulk has gone on a rampage in the NYC of I Am Legend. Prime has been teleported there at the President's request courtesy of Jetfire. There are no humans living anymore in Time Square. Only animals and darkseekers. It is noon and the sun is shining bright when these two titans will clash. Flesh will meet metal in this brawl. Optimus Prime is equipped with his standard equipment. He has none of Jetfire's parts. Hulk has been on a rampage for 15 minutes so he's pretty angry. Remember, that the madder Hulk gets, the larger he becomes. Who takes this slobber-knockle?

Robtard
Prime can't do much to harm Hulk, let alone bring him down, unless he has weapons more powerful than a nuke. (he doesn't)

So Hulk jumps on Prime and wrecks him. /the end

Darth Martin
I've stated it before and I'll state it again. Hulk, at base form, isn't as strong as the big guns like Megatron and Prime. Prime has canons that have floored Megatron in one hit. He held his own against the three most powerful Decepticons on Earth. Before Starscream and Grindor intervened he was handing Megatron his ass.

Prime's energon blades should carve Hulk up. He's been pierced before. You said in another thread that Transformers are vulnerable to military weaponry and Hulk isn't. That's false, even when soldiers were shooting at him with small-caliber firearms Hulk was flinching.

Hulk has the speed advantage. He was shown sprinting at 300 mph. Prime's top speed is atleast 250 mph.

Let's also not forget that in 2-3 shots from one of his guns, Prime downed Grindor.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I've stated it before and I'll state it again. Hulk, at base form, isn't as strong as the big guns like Megatron and Prime. Prime has canons that have floored Megatron in one hit. He held his own against the three most powerful Decepticons on Earth. Before Starscream and Grindor intervened he was handing Megatron his ass.

Prime's energon blades should carve Hulk up. He's been pierced before. You said in another thread that Transformers are vulnerable to military weaponry and Hulk isn't. That's false, even when soldiers were shooting at him with small-caliber firearms Hulk was flinching.

Hulk has the speed advantage. He was shown sprinting at 300 mph. Prime's top speed is atleast 250 mph.

Let's also not forget that in 2-3 shots from one of his guns, Prime downed Grindor.

Hulk's durability is very, very, very high and he has a rapid healing factor.

Hulk survived a gamma bomb and fought his father when daddy was pure electricity, those blades aren't cutting him. You'd flinch at a spit-ball, it's a natural reaction. Those bullets didn't harm him, they were a nuisance.

Hulk's durability > than any Transformer, by miles and miles. Military weapons take out Transformers and Deceps, they do little to nothing to Hulk.

Rogue Jedi
Wait a second, Prime pwns Hulk? What's this ruckus?

Darth Martin
I think all of the Transformers have there version of a accelerated healing. Unless a vital part is unattached(Bumblebee's legs, Starscream's arm, etc.) he'll be fine.

He's been pierced before. The blades will be cutting him.

You took the "flinch" comment literal. He was covering his face IIRC from the bullets. Those caliber weapons would bounce off Prime.

You think Hulk could casually take missiles from F-22's? Prime can.

Robtard
I think all of the Transformers have there version of a accelerated healing. Unless a vital part is unattached(Bumblebee's legs, Starscream's arm, etc.) he'll be fine.

He's been pierced before. The blades will be cutting him.

You took the "flinch" comment literal. He was covering his face IIRC from the bullets. Those caliber weapons would bounce off Prime.

You think Hulk could casually take missiles from F-22's? Prime can.

Na, we've seen them take damage and stayed damaged for the rest of the fight. If they heal, it's a slow(er) process.

Hulk got one tiny little cut on his shoulder, that was from a carpet bombing; he healed it completely in seconds.

They bounced off Hulk too, he took zero damage. Tanks have damaged the robots, Hulk was hit in the chest with an armour piercing round and all it did was piss him off.

Yes, he's taken more, a gamma bomb. This is what you have to top.

steverules_2
Hulk wins this, he rips metal up like we would paper

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Robtard
Na, we've seen them take damage and stayed damaged for the rest of the fight. If they heal, it's a slow(er) process.

Hulk got one tiny little cut on his shoulder, that was from a carpet bombing; he healed it completely in seconds.

They bounced off Hulk too, he took zero damage. Tanks have damaged the robots, Hulk was hit in the chest with an armour piercing round and all it did was piss him off.

Yes, he's taken more, a gamma bomb. This is what you have to top.

1.Take for example Megatron taking all of those missiles from the F-22's and tank rounds. Or all of those stabs from Prime. I think he's healing during battle. Either that or there damage soak is insane.
2.But he was pierced nonetheless. Prime's energon blades have gone through everything it came up against. There's no reason to say it won't cut Hulk. In the first film, Starscream took an F-22 missile to no avail. In the second film Starscream got his shit carved open by Prime in the forest. erm
3.Hulk took one tank round. Megatron took a bombardment of them. I want to say 10-20 of them in Egypt. We've never seen Hulk take an F-22 missile. Megatron took a bombardment of them too in the first film. You mentioned carpet bombings. Megatron was in the blast radius in Egypt. Forgive me for keep using Megatron but obviously Prime never fight the humans. And Megatron is the closest thing to Prime in the series.
4.I already covered this in the other thread.

Darth Martin
The robots get harmed by tank shells in Transformers 2.

Hulk was harmed as well. He healed and kept on fighting. Same with the top tier Decepticons. Hulk took one. Megatron took 10-20 in Egypt.

Rogue Jedi
Being bombed/stabbed and being ripped apart are two completely different things.

Darth Martin
What are you talking about?

jaden101
Ever seen that animated version of Spiderman, Ironman and Hulk vs the giant Robot?

Yeah...Pretty much the same...HULK SMASH!!!

Darth Martin
Nice video. But this won't have the same result.

I seriosuly doubt Hulk could take it to the Decepticons the way Prime did in the forest. Megatron, alone, would be the end of him.

BruceSkywalker
four words....Hulk Smash Hulk Smash

Robtard
1.Take for example Megatron taking all of those missiles from the F-22's and tank rounds. Or all of those stabs from Prime. I think he's healing during battle. Either that or there damage soak is insane.
2.But he was pierced nonetheless. Prime's energon blades have gone through everything it came up against. There's no reason to say it won't cut Hulk. In the first film, Starscream took an F-22 missile to no avail. In the second film Starscream got his shit carved open by Prime in the forest. erm
3.Hulk took one tank round. Megatron took a bombardment of them. I want to say 10-20 of them in Egypt. We've never seen Hulk take an F-22 missile. Megatron took a bombardment of them too in the first film. You mentioned carpet bombings. Megatron was in the blast radius in Egypt. Forgive me for keep using Megatron but obviously Prime never fight the humans. And Megatron is the closest thing to Prime in the series.

He was damaged, there was no healing.

Yea, a teeny tiny bit,which is the point. That was the only time Ang-Hulk surffered damage and it was nothing.

Hulk took no damage from the tank, zero, It just pissed him off. While tanks were damaging and taking out the robots.

Yea, you have yet to counter it. Hulk is durable enough to survive a gamma bomb (nuke), robots have nothing of this power to use against him.

Robtard
Hulk was harmed as well. He healed and kept on fighting. Same with the top tier Decepticons. Hulk took one. Megatron took 10-20 in Egypt.

Hulk took no damage from the shelling, they did. You keep refusing to accept this. Human weapons can destroy the robots, they only do minor (at best) damage to the Hulk, ultimately making him stronger/tougher. Hulk is WAY more durable and they have nothing that can harm him permanently.

Hulk also survived haven't hundred thousand of tons of rock dropped on him in the desert, another testament to his durability.

Rogue Jedi
What are you talking about? Your post?

Darth Martin
Who was bombed/stabbed? Who was ripped?

Rogue Jedi
Who was bombed/stabbed? Who was ripped?

EvilAngel
Prime can't do much to harm Hulk, let alone bring him down, unless he has weapons more powerful than a nuke. (he doesn't)

So Hulk jumps on Prime and wrecks him. /the end

This.

It's helpful when someone has written exactly what you want to say smile

Impediment
Hulk withstood rounds from a f*cking M-1 Abrahms tank.

Prime can't match that power, methinks.

Inevitability, gentlemen: Hulk will smash.

Robtard
That also wasn't the most he took.

Impediment
This is true, too.

Sadako of Girth
Whichever way you slice it, this is the 1st time in all history that Prime will being recieving it hard in the 'bot's bot bot from a green human.

Something for his diary, perhaps.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Impediment
Hulk withstood rounds from a f*cking M-1 Abrahms tank. Prime can't match that power, methinks. He can both produce more and take more. Tank rounds don't knock Megatron off of his feet. It took like 10-20 for him to fall. Prime floored Megatron in one hit from his gun when he fired the slo-mo bullet.

Robtard
He can both produce more and take more. Tank rounds don't knock Megatron off of his feet. It took like 10-20 for him to fall. Prime floored Megatron in one hit from his gun when he fired the slo-mo bullet.

First, you need to accept that Hulk's durability is above any of the robots, they get harmed and or killed by human weapons, Hulk got a tiny cut at the most. The US military could take down Prime, going by screen feats; they failed in taking down the Hulk, even when they used a nuke. Ignoring this is purposely being an idiot.

Okay, so that does not equate to Hulk being taken out by Prime's massive slug-shot. At best, that shot knocks Hulk on his ass, causes some harm, he heals and it just makes him angrier, taller, bigger and stronger. Which is worse for Prime in the long run, because now he's facing someone who is half his height, faster and infinitely stronger.

Darth Martin
I'm well aware that Hulk has better durability than the majority of the transformers. Megatron and Prime are what I'm curious about.

I never said it'd be the best tactic. Impediment said Prime couldn't produce that level of damage. I simply countered. I think Prime would kill Hulk with his blades.

Hewhoknowsall
Optimus could take movie Hulk, although it would be close and could go either way.

Comic book Hulk smashes Optimus easily.

Robtard
-Various machine gun fire = no damage

-Attacked by three massive gamma dogs = no damage

-High-speed diamond tip drill on Banner just as he's transforming (ie much weaker than Hulk) = no damage

-Carpet bombing = one very minor cut

-Armor piercing (DP Spike) directly to the chest = no damage

-Hundred thousand tons of boulders dropped on head = no damage

-Free fall from the stratosphere = no damage

-Fighting someone made of billions of electrical volts = no damage

-Being drained of all energy = Failed/no damage

-Tanking gamma bomb (nuke) at ground zero = Survives, damage unknown.

You bastards thinking a giant robot has a chance = Laughable.

Hewhoknowsall
edit

Although forgive me if I'm wrong, but the Hulk was indeed "harmed"/annoyed by heavy helicopter gunfire.

Robtard
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
edit

Although forgive me if I'm wrong, but the Hulk was indeed "harmed"/annoyed by heavy helicopter gunfire.

You are. They bounced off his skin, no damage was had.

Darth Martin
Hulk is more durable than Prime. Sure, I'll give you that. But is he stronger? I'm not sure. But, Prime has alien energon swords that heat up to 1,000 degrees C.

Strength:
Durability: Hulk
Speed over land/distance: Hulk
Combat Speed: Prime
Weaponry: Prime
Intelligence: Prime
Range: Prime; He's bigger and longer at base. Hulk can potentially win this.

Obviously, if the battle is drawn out long enough Hulk would be the favored winner. But I see Prime ending it quickly with his swords.

Not to bring other sources into this but both in the 616 comics and in Hulk vs. he can be cut/pierced. We already proved he was cut on film. Prime's weapons>ours.

Robtard
Hulk is more durable than Prime. Sure, I'll give you that. But is he stronger? I'm not sure. But, Prime has alien energon swords that heat up to 1,000 degrees C.

Strength:
Durability: Hulk
Speed over land/distance: Hulk
Combat Speed: Prime
Weaponry: Prime
Intelligence: Prime
Range: Prime; He's bigger and longer at base. Hulk can potentially win this.

Obviously, if the battle is drawn out long enough Hulk would be the favored winner. But I see Prime ending it quickly with his swords.

Not to bring other sources into this but both in the 616 comics and in Hulk vs. he can be cut/pierced. We already proved he was cut on film. Prime's weapons>ours.

Yes, Hulk's stronger going by movie feats. He was able to generate enough force to toss 65-70 tons close to a mile away in about 3 seconds. He can also generate enough force to jump several miles.

You keep going on and on about this energy blade being the end of Hulk, yet you refuse to acknowledge that he survived (ie wasn't ripped apart) being at ground zero during the gamma bomb explosion, which would have put out more energy than Prime's blade. So no, it's likely just going to piss off the Hulk, maybe cause a mild burn.

It was one tiny little cut and it took a carpet bombing to accomplish this.

Darth Martin
Carpet bombing didn't look like it came from an aircraft. Looked to me like it was shot from ground artillery. Scorponok took a carpet bombing.

Robtard
Carpet bombing didn't look like it came from an aircraft. Looked to me like it was shot from ground artillery. Scorponok took a carpet bombing.

That type of bombing is from an aircraft. Watch the scene again. Scorpinok was shredded to pieces by human weapons. Really, if that's all you got, it's about time you drop the nonsense.

Another thing, since I'm sure you'll avoid the gamma bomb point, electricity burns hotter than 1,000C, yet his father while in electrical form sucked from a city couldn't harm Hulk.

Darth Martin
Do you think Norton Hulk is in same ballpark in strength and durability? Or is Lee Hulk far superior IYO? Also, are you a fan of the '03 film?

Robtard
Do you think Norton Hulk is in same ballpark in strength and durability? Or is Lee Hulk far superior IYO? Also, are you a fan of the '03 film?

Only thing Norton-Hulk has over Ang's version, that Hulk fought a far superior foe (Abomination) and won.

2003 is enjoyable. I prefer the 2008 reboot though.

Darth Martin
The 2008 Hulk was more resourceful.

Placidity
Only thing Norton-Hulk has over Ang's version, that Hulk fought a far superior foe (Abomination) and won.

no

The Absorbing-man was pretty much invincible. Hulk only won through PIS. He would beat 08 Hulk and Abomination effortlessly.

Wilferel
Unicron pwns all. Period.

Anyways, I really think Hulk will win this one. If Optimus Prime manages to shoot his guns against Bruce, then he'd have a chance; however, if Hulk gets extremely mad, then Prime is sent to the scrapyard.

jinXed by JaNx
HULK SMASHES!! seriously man, i thought we went down this road before. Optimus might be a kinky vibrator for lover but i dont see what else he is supposed to do here. Optimus is just metal and hulk smashes metal.

Robtard
Originally posted by Placidity
no

The Absorbing-man was pretty much invincible. Hulk only won through PIS. He would beat 08 Hulk and Abomination effortlessly.

I disagree, Hulk beat him by overloading his ability to absorb. Seeing as how Norton's version also has the anger/stress = more power, he'd likely do the same.

Placidity
I disagree, Hulk beat him by overloading his ability to absorb. Seeing as how Norton's version also has the anger/stress = more power, he'd likely do the same.

That's because Absorbing-Man decided to try and absorb his powers, and what a lame plot, he got 'overloaded'. What if Absorbin-Man didn't try to absorb his rage and just continued whooping his ass (like say a rematch on this forum)? Hulk couldn't have done a single thing to stop him.

Also, I don't know that 08Hulk had more rage than Ang-Hulk.

Impediment
Originally posted by Placidity
Also, I don't know that 08 Hulk had more rage than Ang-Hulk.

IMO, that is debatable, in itself.

Davis Bloome
Yeah, it is, considering '08 Hulk actually killed people, whereas the 2003 version made sure he didn't kill anyone. Either way, no matter which version it is, Optimus is going to get smashed to pieces.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.