American McGee's Alice sequal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Set for 2011

teaser
http://www.returnofalice.com/teaser.html

SovNarKom
Is that remake of original game?

Kazenji
........What part of sequal don't you understand.

SovNarKom
Well, I now this is sequal, but some sources says it's... well NVM. Anyway im waiting for this, the original game were prety good.

Kazenji
Teaser

TrjXLlsoPlI

found out this sequel will be coming to the consoles

Screenshots and also the teaser again..

http://kotaku.com/5591981/our-first-official-look-at-alice-madness-returns

Nephthys
Heh, this game always amused and intriqued me. Its awesome that they're making a sequel, and it looks just as f*cked up and wonderful as the old game. I'll be looking foward to this.

Also, is the guys first name American or what?

jinXed by JaNx
Hell yeah. this is good news for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the first one. It remains as one of the most memorable games i've played.

AsbestosFlaygon
Good news indeed.

The original was one of the best psychological games I've ever played.

Scythe
I never played the first, but have always wanted to try it. What kind of game is? Like, what's it best compared to?

Joker1237
Originally posted by Scythe
I never played the first, but have always wanted to try it. What kind of game is? Like, what's it best compared to?

The best I can tell you is its more like a Tim Burton film in the sense of Nightmare before Christmas or the Coraline movie.

But darker so to speak.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Scythe

imagine a 3rd person action adventure game. The game centers around, Alice who returned to wonderland after escaping a mental asylum. Wonderland has become a nightmare, so essentially an R rated version of what Wonderland was. It's a fine combination of puzzle and action based game play. There is quite a bit of combat in the game and some of the weapons you acquire are quite unique. The best aspect of the game, during it's release, however is it's atmosphere. The levels were beautiful and dark. I don't know how well the game holds up today.

Scythe
Originally posted by Joker1237
The best I can tell you is its more like a Tim Burton film in the sense of Nightmare before Christmas or the Coraline movie.

But darker so to speak. Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
imagine a 3rd person action adventure game. The game centers around, Alice who returned to wonderland after escaping a mental asylum. Wonderland has become a nightmare, so essentially an R rated version of what Wonderland was. It's a fine combination of puzzle and action based game play. There is quite a bit of combat in the game and some of the weapons you acquire are quite unique. The best aspect of the game, during it's release, however is it's atmosphere. The levels were beautiful and dark. I don't know how well the game holds up today.

Oh, I see. Thanks, sounds pretty fun to me.

Kazenji
I was reading on this you can explore Wonderland this time unlike the first game get from Point A to Point B while attacking the enemies and then next level.

Kazenji
New Trailer

iRuMxT1WbPc

Kazenji
Violence In Wonderland Teaser

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/violence-in-alice-madness/710563

Nemesis X
Here's the Demo and it looks sick

b8_cly2dgXY

Kazenji
Intro to game

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Alice-Madness-Returns-Intro-Cinematic-Goes-Knee-Deep-Madness-32154.html

Kazenji
7/10 for the game over at gamespot

The Good
Beautifully dark and creepy version of Wonderland Smooth, graceful controls Unusual weapons make for fun combat A good length, with lots of hidden objects and areas to locate.

The Bad
Gameplay doesn't evolve, leading to tedium Puzzles and other attempts to vary the pace are rarely fun Audiovisual glitches can distract

about the same sort of score the first one got 7 & 8's/10

Burning thought
Has anyone on here actually played this? I am on the fence whether its worth spending money on or not, what with some of the negative reviews and claims, and further how long it will take me to get through (not much in replay value?).

I thought the first one was a good game but when you consider I payed bargain bucket price for it vs this full price title, hard to think it is worth it.

Impediment
I want to play this, but my friends tell me that it's just a xerox of the first game, only with new puzzles and characters. Not a bad game, but not anything worth rushing to get.

quanchi112
I'm sure with this game the price will drop rather quickly as the reviews are mostly mediocre without a huge fanbase anyways.

Impediment
I really want to play this game, but not at full price.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Impediment
I really want to play this game, but not at full price. I never played the original and it looked ok to me so at some point I will definitely do so. You seem drawn to darker games like myself. Ever play dante's inferno ?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Burning thought
Has anyone on here actually played this? I am on the fence whether its worth spending money on or not, what with some of the negative reviews and claims, and further how long it will take me to get through (not much in replay value?).

Well the first game also had no replay value.

Burning thought

Kazenji
I'll most likey get this sequel at a bargin price like the first one.

Impediment
Originally posted by quanchi112
I never played the original and it looked ok to me so at some point I will definitely do so. You seem drawn to darker games like myself. Ever play dante's inferno ?

Yeah, it was a decent game but it was so God of War-esue and the final stages began to get very monotonous.

Impediment
Also, is it possible to play the orginal Alice game on PS3? I've heard that it can be downloaded and I would LOVE to do so were it available.

quanchi112
Yeah, it was a decent game but it was so God of War-esue and the final stages began to get very monotonous. I absolutely loved this game. This game was responsible for my reemergence back into games.Originally posted by Impediment
Also, is it possible to play the orginal Alice game on PS3? I've heard that it can be downloaded and I would LOVE to do so were it available. Yeah, it's available for download at 9.99.

Impediment
Ever play Heavy Rain, quan? You can't get much darker than that game!

Nephthys
Tell me about it. That scene in the shower? Gwah! I didn't sleep for a week.

quanchi112
Ever play Heavy Rain, quan? You can't get much darker than that game! I tend to go for the more medieval type game. Those are the best the only dark game I ever played like in modern times was silent hill or resident evil.

Did you beat catslevania dlc yet ?

Impediment
I haven't played it yet since I have been swamped with work. I'm going to play it tonight for sure.

quanchi112
I haven't played it yet since I have been swamped with work. I'm going to play it tonight for sure. It won't take you long. When you beat it I expect a full report.

Nephthys
So whats this I hear about all the minigames in the game? They look pretty sweet.

Also, HOLY BALLS THIS GAME LOOKS ****ED UP! Jesus H Christ.

Impediment
The game is twisted, indeed. I broke down and bought the game this weekend.

The graphics and voice acting are spot on, and the overall platfroming is far better than the first game. I don;t know why this game received such low reviews. While it is, somewhat, a rehash of the first game, I think that it has massive potential.

Kazenji
This one review that i checked out, one of the people expected it to be a little darker from what the earlier trailers made it out to be.

Nemesis X
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/3652-Alice-Madness-Returns

AsbestosFlaygon
The game is twisted, indeed. I broke down and bought the game this weekend.

The graphics and voice acting are spot on, and the overall platfroming is far better than the first game. I don;t know why this game received such low reviews. While it is, somewhat, a rehash of the first game, I think that it has massive potential.
That's why I never trust reviews by these so-called 'experts'.

The game's potential is lost only because it has such a small fanbase.

I am currently playing through the game, and all I can say is it is substantially better than the first game.

Joker1237
Beat the game at long last. The end villian was one of the sickest I seen in the head in a long time imo.

Any way I give it about a 8 out of ten. I loved it. I never understood replay vaule myself, If I like a game, I mostly end up playing it again some were done the line lol.

I have beating the first game contless times, so I expect to try madness returns on the harder levels soon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.