Skids/Mudflap versus Gambit/Creed...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
The Autobot twins go up against Gambit and Victor Creed.

Can't think of any restrictions haermm

Let's say the fight takes place in the woods where Optimus was killed.

jinXed by JaNx
Can't Gambit just touch them and make them blow up?

Rogue Jedi
He didnt do that in Origins. Here, he has only his cane and a deck of cards.

Quincy
Wait so Gambit can't use his powers?

KingD19
Gambit actually can make them blow up, since they're inorganic.

Rogue Jedi
I dont recall Gambit making things "Blow up" in Origins.

KingD19
He blasted Wolverine into the wall, then through the wall, which blew up. And every time his card hit Wolverine, it blew up. When he smashed his staff in the ground, the pink kinetic energy exploded through the ground, then hit Logan and Sabertooth. When he jumped up and hit the overpass, you saw the energy go throughout it before it blew up. All he did was blow things up.

Placidity
Yes he charged his cards and threw them at Wolverine. Also charged his staff a few times.

Edit: Beaten by KingD etc etc

Rogue Jedi
Well yeah, but I meant he didnt do anything like in the comics, like KABOOM.

Quincy
That's like saying Cyclops can't do more than 4 blasts every 2 hours because he doesn't do any more than that in the movie.

Rogue Jedi
All I'm saying is that the impact looked different in the movies, no flash bang explosions like in the comics or cartoons, no flames or anything.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Quincy
That's like saying Cyclops can't do more than 4 blasts every 2 hours because he doesn't do any more than that in the movie.

laughing laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
Gambit's powers are touted as the same throughout all media, being able to charge objects with kinetic energy so they explode.

So it makes no sense as to why the twins would win.

-AC

Darth Martin
The twins win. They're alot better than these two.

BruceSkywalker
Gambit/Creed ftw..

The twins only chance is to berate Remy and Victor to leaving them alone

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Gambit's powers are touted as the same throughout all media, being able to charge objects with kinetic energy so they explode.

So it makes no sense as to why the twins would win.

-AC Then why didn't we see a flash bang, or a flame of any kind as the cards struck Wolverine? Or when he slammed his cane into the alley floor?

I agree, Gambits powers are charging objects with kinetic energy so they explode, all I am saying is that they ****ed it up in Origins.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Gambit/Creed ftw..

The twins only chance is to berate Remy and Victor to leaving them alone Neither Creed nor Gambit have enough fiepower to put those twins down.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Neither Creed nor Gambit have enough fiepower to put those twins down.

I see Remy using his powers on them and Victor finishing them off

Rogue Jedi
If Creed gets ahold of one of them, like on their back, can he tear them apart?

Darth Martin
Did Prime tear the Decepticons apart with his swords? Creed's fingernails aren't doing shit. He can pierce them but is he dismembering any limbs? I don't think so.

Rogue Jedi
I didn't think so either, just putting it out there.

Alpha Centauri
Who cares about Creed?

If Gambit can touch them, he can charge them. If you don't know Marvel, then don't make threads like this.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
OK, lets try this....The scene where Gambit throws the cards at Wolverine, what effect would that have on the twins? And when he rammed his cane into the ground, what effect would that have?

Apparently we can use onscreen feats only from now on, and I have no objection to that rule, so what it in the "Marvel world" has no bearing here.

Alpha Centauri
Gambit's powers were in the movie, that being that he can charge objects (Cards, cane) with kinetic energy.

He displayed the ability to charge in the movie, it's who he is.

Nice try though.

Oh, and it's always been movie feats. Your constant denial doesn't change this.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Yes, I know he displayed that ability, my question is: The scene where Gambit throws the cards at Wolverine, what effect would that have on the twins? And when he rammed his cane into the ground, what effect would that have?

I never, not once, claimed he didn't display this power. All I said was that it appeared differently onscreen than it did in the comics and cartoons.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Yes, I know he displayed that ability, my question is: The scene where Gambit throws the cards at Wolverine, what effect would that have on the twins? And when he rammed his cane into the ground, what effect would that have?

I never, not once, claimed he didn't display this power. All I said was that it appeared differently onscreen than it did in the comics and cartoons.

Read the comics then, have you? Because it's actually not different. You see the card charging with energy as you do in the comics. Stop posing, man. I understand that TF and Marvel are "cool" now, but really...

Also, Gambit doesn't just charge cards and cane. If there are any items around, inorganic, he can use them with the power he displayed in the movie. It's a movie feat. So by that logic, if he can charge the twins by touching them as he charges the cards, they'll be done for.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Read the comics then, have you? Because it's actually not different. You see the card charging with energy as you do in the comics. Stop posing, man. I understand that TF and Marvel are "cool" now, but really...

Also, Gambit doesn't just charge cards and cane. If there are any items around, inorganic, he can use them with the power he displayed in the movie. It's a movie feat. So by that logic, if he can charge the twins by touching them as he charges the cards, they'll be done for.

-AC haermm You're a funny guy, you know that? Seriously, your air of superiority is as thick as gravy.

I've browsed the comics a bit and seen enough of the cartoons to understand Gambits powers.

OK, so you think Gambit will get close enough to the twins to charge them? Can he avoid their guns?

Alpha Centauri
haermm You're a funny guy, you know that? Seriously, your air of superiority is as thick as gravy.

I've browsed the comics a bit and seen enough of the cartoons to understand Gambits powers.

OK, so you think Gambit will get close enough to the twins to charge them? Can he avoid their guns?

You don't judge a comic character by cartoons, that's a cardinal sin. I've read the comics more than you and enough to know you're talking nonsense.

In the movie, he is shown charging the cards AND the cane. You gave him those two weapons, fine. That doesn't mean he can't charge his enemies.

I'd say that if he can get close enough to touch them, yeah. If not, then he will be killed.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
You don't judge a comic character by cartoons, that's a cardinal sin. I've read the comics more than you and enough to know you're talking nonsense.

In the movie, he is shown charging the cards AND the cane. You gave him those two weapons, fine. That doesn't mean he can't charge his enemies.

I'd say that if he can get close enough to touch them, yeah. If not, then he will be killed.

-AC

Ok then.

And agreed on the last part, however I find it unlikely he gets close enough.

Darth Martin
Any low level superhuman against a transformer is usually gonna be a mismatch.

Placidity
Why can't the twins just shoot their asses to victory? Gambit goes down fast. People are saying Gambit can charge up the twins, at that close distance, Gambit would've even been smashed or shot in the face.

Rogue Jedi
If I were Gambit, I'd distract them by hurling whatever I could at them, and try to close the gap, then charge them.

Robtard
Using Creed as a meat-shield, Gambit could charge and explode the ground, like he did when Logan and Creed where fighting. That might be enough distraction to get in close and touch one of them.

I'd say the odds are against the mutants, even taking into account that the twins were clumsy idiots and a low-point of the film.

Rogue Jedi
Goes against the team thing, but OK haermm

Robtard
Goes against the team thing, but OK haermm

Creed can heal and Gambit is a roguish individual.

Rogue Jedi
So? They are a team here. They fight as a team.

Robtard
So? They are a team here. They fight as a team.

This would be team work.

Creed being a meat-shield isn't a guaranteed death. He has a better chance surviving the fight if Gambit can take them out.

Gambit being roguish and having low morals is playing within character limits.

Rogue Jedi
I chuckle every time you say "Meat shield" haermm

Robtard
I chuckle every time you say "Meat shield" haermm

Meat-shielding is a powerful maneuver in team combat, properly deployed, it can turn the tide of war. As I've shown in this thread.

Rogue Jedi
Sucks to be the meat shield though.

Robtard
Sucks to be the meat shield though.

Not if you can take the damage and it allows your team to win.

Rogue Jedi
But Creed can be blown apart, yes?

Robtard
But Creed can be blown apart, yes?

That's a risk he'll have to take, as he has zero chance if Gambit goes down.

Rogue Jedi
Nobody messes with the twins.

Placidity
Lol, Ravage would shoot through Creed.

Rogue Jedi
Ravage was badass, one of my fave Transformers.

Placidity
Definitely one of the coolest transformations

Rogue Jedi
It was the way it moved and snarled.

Placidity
I cried when Bumblebee killed him. That's really the only reason I've been championing for Sideswipe in the other topic, revenge!

Alpha Centauri
In this thread; posers and bandwagonners.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
I know, right? haermm Not everyne can be as cool and superior as you!!! wanker

Placidity
Hey I'm sort of cool right?

Rogue Jedi
Not as cool as AC, no one is as cool and smart as AC, he's like the Uber Fonz.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Placidity
Hey I'm sort of cool right?

If you liked Transformers before the movie came out, I wouldn't include you in the aforementioned posers and bandwagonners.

Some people just desire to be a part of groups, like RJ, who once sent me a PM cleverly asking me if "Decepticon" was a play on the word "Deception". Whatever makes them fit in.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
If you liked Transformers before the movie came out, I wouldn't include you in the aforementioned posers and bandwagonners.

Some people just desire to be a part of groups, like RJ, who once sent me a PM cleverly asking me if "Decepticon" was a play on the word "Deception". Whatever makes them fit in.

-AC

1999.... a 20 year old goes to see The Phantom Menace. He suddenly discovers the Star Wars galaxy and loves it. Is he a fan, or is he a bandwagoneer?

So I didn't appreciate Transformers until the first movie came out, so what? Who are you to judge? You told me about Equilibrium, and when I finally saw it I loved it. Does that make me a Preston bandwagoneer?

Alpha Centauri
1999.... a 20 year old goes to see The Phantom Menace. He suddenly discovers the Star Wars galaxy and loves it. Is he a fan, or is he a bandwagoneer?

So I didn't appreciate Transformers until the first movie came out, so what? Who are you to judge? You told me about Equilibrium, and when I finally saw it I loved it. Does that make me a Preston bandwagoneer?

You're the same as those kids who never heard of Watchmen and then started having sigs of him when the movie came out. That's bandwagonning.

I judge whatever I want. Your problem is that you've always been bothered by what I think, despite me saying you shouldn't.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
You're the same as those kids who never heard of Watchmen and then started having sigs of him when the movie came out. That's bandwagonning.

I judge whatever I want. Your problem is that you've always been bothered by what I think, despite me saying you shouldn't.

-AC Bothered? Hardly, you're like a fly that keeps buzzing around my ears, a mild irritant, that's all.

Judge away, see if I lose any sleep. Seems like you need to tear others down in order to build yourself up. Was it a lack of breast feeding, or were you dropped on your head? Did your Uncle touch you inappropriately?

Alpha Centauri
Bothered? Hardly, you're like a fly that keeps buzzing around my ears, a mild irritant, that's all.

Judge away, see if I lose any sleep. Seems like you need to tear others down in order to build yourself up. Was it a lack of breast feeding, or were you dropped on your head? Did your Uncle touch you inappropriately?

Why do you snap like a twig whilst denying I have any affect on you?

Moderately to very hilarious.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Why do you snap like a twig whilst denying I have any affect on you?

Moderately to very hilarious.

-AC Snap? When did I snap? I'm not the only one here who thinks your posting style is the direct result of you trying to compenaste for some sort of shortcoming, I was just curious what it is. You have zero effect on me, dude, get over yourself.

Alpha Centauri
I don't particularly care what you or anyone else thinks of why I am the way I am, because I know it's wrong and therefore it needs no further thought; that's the difference between us. You care, I don't. If you didn't, you wouldn't feel that it's a hard task to admit your defeat in the other thread, but you do.

You've obviously been discussing me with other members. Not only are you an older man who should know better, but you exhibit feminine traits too. Gossiping now, tsk.

You just pretend I have no effect whilst showing the contrary, and again with the snapping in your above post. Still, I know how YOU like the last word, so I'll give it to you.

-AC

Robtard

So I didn't appreciate Transformers until the first movie came out,

WTF, man. You were watching Gem and The Holograms instead, weren't you. They shared the same time-slot back in the day.

Don't go and tell you you passed up GI Joe for Starbrite now.

Rogue Jedi
I don't particularly care what you or anyone else thinks of why I am the way I am, because I know it's wrong and therefore it needs no further thought; that's the difference between us. You care, I don't. If you didn't, you wouldn't feel that it's a hard task to admit your defeat in the other thread, but you do.

You've obviously been discussing me with other members. Not only are you an older man who should know better, but you exhibit feminine traits too. Gossiping now, tsk.

You just pretend I have no effect whilst showing the contrary, and again with the snapping in your above post. Still, I know how YOU like the last word, so I'll give it to you.

-AC crylaugh GOD, get over yourself, man. The shit was mentioned to me, not the other way around. What an *******, geez.

Quincy
On another note, all of these characters were all terrible parts in their respective movies

Rogue Jedi
Hmm?

Alpha Centauri
He's saying all the characters were shit.

I liked the twins, but Gambit and Sabretooth were terrible.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
The Twins were cool, they kinda overdid the hip hop accents though. Gambit was meh, why didnt you like Creed?

Alpha Centauri
Because he was shit and nothing like the comics.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
I heard that from a few people. Kinda like Lady Deathstrike, right?

Quincy
Whole movie was ass

Rogue Jedi
Yeah but she was droolio

Alpha Centauri
That doesn't matter.

If you're hot, pose. Don't f*ck up a comic to movie adaptation.

-AC

Robtard
Because he was shit and nothing like the comics.

-AC

Isn't there some comic version where he has Liev's basic look, though more muscular in the comic?

Can't recall the writer/illustrator off the top of my head; do know I've seen it.

Alpha Centauri
They made him Wolverine's brother in the movie.

They're not family. Looks don't really matter at that point.

-AC

Quincy
You're bitching about comic continuity.

I'm bitching about how the movie just sucked

Rogue Jedi
I remember one Wolvie comic that implied Sabretooth was Wolvie's father.

Impediment
Step-father, if I recall.....

I remember this from the Marvel Universe trading card set II from way back when.

Rogue Jedi
Didnt he like whip Wolvie for talking to an indian girl?

Alpha Centauri
Lesson learned; don't speak of Marvel if you don't know of Marvel.

The original plan was for him to be the father, but it's never come to anything besides them being enemies with a past. They're not related at all.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
But if it's a Marvel movie, what does it matter if it is in sync with the comics? I understand a comic fan like yourself not liking the discrepancies, but what's the harm in starting a thread about a Marvel movie, basing it on screen feats? Or am I reading too much into it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.