Griffin versus the Decepticons.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Griffin (Jumper) is going about his business one day, when suddenly he is confronted by Megatron. Megatron believes that Griffin knows where Sam Whitwicky is, and will gladly kill Griffin if he doesn't tell him where Sam and the others are.

Griffin then finds himself surrounded by all the Decepticons, every one shown in the two Transformers films. They raise their weapons, and Griffin teleports out of the line of fire. Griffin, nutso that he is, assumes that the Decepticons are in league with the Paladins, and that they must die.

Can he beat them?

Placidity
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Griffin (Jumper) is going about his business one day, when suddenly he is confronted by Megatron. Megatron believes that Griffin knows where Sam Whitwicky is, and will gladly kill Griffin if he doesn't tell him where Sam and the others are.

Griffin then finds himself surrounded by all the Decepticons, every one shown in the two Transformers films. They raise their weapons, and Griffin teleports out of the line of fire. Griffin, nutso that he is, assumes that the Decepticons are in league with the Paladins, and that they must die.

Can he beat them?

What the f**k?

There must be something you had in mind that Griffin could do to beat them, I just haven't figured out what it is yet. So you should probably post what you are thinking.

Impediment
Despite his "jumping power", what could Griffin do to kill the Deceps?

Darth Martin
Haven't seen it yet but I thought he could only teleport. What's he going to do offensively?

Alpha Centauri
Classic RJ thread.

-AC

BruceSkywalker
unless i missed something , there is nothing griffin can do to them

Robtard
Jump them into the sharks. Duh.

Jump-ram a bus into them. Duh.

Speed-jump attack them with a baseball bat. Duh

Placidity
I like that

XanatosForever
Jump to a military base, snag some Sabot, and 'port-pump them full o'...well, Sabot. erm

Robtard
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Jump to a military base, snag some Sabot, and 'port-pump them full o'...well, Sabot. erm

Doesn't work like that.

Rogue Jedi
Griffin can jump anything that moves, so obviously he can take out most of the Decipticons with ease. He ports to them, grabs them, and jumps them into the ocean, into the Grand Canyon. into a volcano, etc;

The main challenge here for him is Starscream and Megatron. If he drops them into say, the ocean, they can hit their thrusters and escape. He'll need to jump them somewhere where they cannot transform after he drops them and fly to safety.

Robtard
The Decepticon in question would have to be actively moving, ie walking, running, rolling or flying. Don't see that happening before one of them tags his Irish ass dead. Meh, he might get a few.

Ocean won't kill any of them.

Don't think Griffon has an active volcano as a jump spot.

Grand Canyon seems alright.

Ms.Marvel
griffin cant dodge bullets... so that pretty muchsums up what happens here.

griffin couldnt even finish samuel l. jacksons old ass even though he was actively trying to kill him...

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
The Decepticon in question would have to be actively moving, ie walking, running, rolling or flying. Don't see that happening before one of them tags his Irish ass dead. Meh, he might get a few.

Ocean won't kill any of them.

Don't think Griffon has an active volcano as a jump spot.

Grand Canyon seems alright. Well, all he has to do is have seen it, in real life or in a pic, and he can jump there.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
griffin cant dodge bullets... so that pretty muchsums up what happens here.

griffin couldnt even finish samuel l. jacksons old ass even though he was actively trying to kill him... He cant dodge bullets, but he can jump around so fast they cant track him.

Placidity
The Fallen can teleport and also has the power of telekinesis. Even without him though, Griffin has no chance - one missile that covers a decent area and he is dead.

steverules_2
I'm pretty sure that the decepticons would be smart enough to find out about Griffin first and then find out that electric wires can stop him, thus Griffin is dead...he really couldn't take any of them down before they take him down

Robtard
Originally posted by steverules_2
I'm pretty sure that the decepticons would be smart enough to find out about Griffin first and then find out that electric wires can stop him, thus Griffin is dead...he really couldn't take any of them down before they take him down

Are you saying they'd throw electrical wires at him? Because I don't recall anyone of them having this attack. Enlighten me.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
The Fallen can teleport and also has the power of telekinesis. Even without him though, Griffin has no chance - one missile that covers a decent area and he is dead. How? He can jump from Paris to Egypt, to Houston, to Rob's house, to Louisiana. He jumps back, grabs them, jumps them to a volcano, bada bing, dead bot.

Robtard
How? He can jump from Paris to Egypt, to Houston, to Rob's house, to Louisiana. He jumps back, grabs them, jumps them to a volcano, bada bing, dead bot.

See my comment above about the Decep he's trying to teleport and it having to be in active motion. It's likely he'd get tagged while trying to get to one, considering how many guns are into play here. Maybe a few, but he's not clearing or coming close to it.

Rogue Jedi
See my comment above about the Decep he's trying to teleport and it having to be in active motion. It's likely he'd get tagged while trying to get to one, considering how many guns are into play here. Maybe a few, but he's not clearing or coming close to it. He jumps a bot, then jumps back, out of their line of fife. Jumps another, jumps back a good distance away. He jumps and jumps, faster than they can track and fire, he clears easily IMO. You're forgetting how fast he can jump.

Robtard
He jumps a bot, then jumps back, out of their line of fife. Jumps another, jumps back a good distance away. He jumps and jumps, faster than they can track and fire, he clears easily IMO. You're forgetting how fast he can jump.

He jumps very fast, not as fast as say Nightcrawler, but fast enough.

See my comment about the bot he's trying to jump and it having to be moving. This is his achilles-heel here.

Rogue Jedi
Actually that's not accurate, he had those big ass generators at his lair, remember? Likely he got those from inside a store. And the Decepticons will surely be moving durng battle, trying in vain to track him.

Robtard
Actually that's not accurate, he had those big ass generators at his lair, remember? Likely he got those from inside a store. And the Decepticons will surely be moving durng battle, trying in vain to track him.

Those generators are a couple hundred pounds each, not several ton robots.

He clearly states that an object need be moving, if it's too large. A car was used as an example in the film.

Yeah, some of them will be, I still say he gets tagged after a couple of these attacks while trying to find the moving Decep.

Rogue Jedi
Those generators are a couple hundred pounds each, not several ton robots.

He clearly states that an object need be moving, if it's too large. A car was used as an example in the film.

Yeah, some of them will be, I still say he gets tagged after a couple of these attacks while trying to find the moving Decep. OK, so he ports to a distant vantage point, somewhere they cannot see him, and when he sees one moving, he jumps it.

Robtard
OK, so he ports to a distant vantage point, somewhere they cannot see him, and when he sees one moving, he jumps it.

They're highly advanced robots and there's a scene where you see them having a multitude of visual spectrum. Think it was TF1 with Blackout. So he's likely to be targeted and eventually shot to shit, imo, it'd be sooner than later.

If we apply the "basic knowledge of each others opponent" rule, then he's even more screwed.

Rogue Jedi
I kinda implied that they just meet, they know nothing of each other.

Rogue Jedi
And for the record, I thought about it a bit. Griffin clears the Decepticons easily until he gets to Starscream and Megatron, they stand a good chance of tagging him.

Ms.Marvel
anyone with a gun kills him without too much difficulty.

Rogue Jedi
How? How can they track someone who teleports too fast to track?

Placidity
How? He can jump from Paris to Egypt, to Houston, to Rob's house, to Louisiana. He jumps back, grabs them, jumps them to a volcano, bada bing, dead bot.

Jump back into a ball of fire and get fried?

Placidity
How? How can they track someone who teleports too fast to track?

Because he isn't. You keep talking how he could port from one end of earth to the other, except in the movie he never does that. When he was chasing/being chased by Anakin he got tagged/tagged him easily.

Rogue Jedi
Jump back into a ball of fire and get fried? A possibility. But this is why he would jump to a distant vantage point and wait for a safe jump. Watch them from a distance, wait for his moment. However you spin it, Griffin pwns the Decepticons easily until Starscream and Megatron, who have flight capabilities.

Placidity
Are you saying they'd throw electrical wires at him? Because I don't recall anyone of them having this attack. Enlighten me.

Jolt, electrify!

Although the Decepticons weren't shown doing it, I would assume they put the new parts on Megatron the same way.

Placidity
Also if the Decepticons keep moving, Griffin has no freaking chance. Every time he ports back in he would need to observe what is happening, the Deceps wouldn't be in the same spot. He would get shot in the face/blasted to pieces/ran over.

You still haven't addressed how he would possibly beat the Fallen.

Rogue Jedi
Also if the Decepticons keep moving, Griffin has no freaking chance. Every time he ports back in he would need to observe what is happening, the Deceps wouldn't be in the same spot. He would get shot in the face/blasted to pieces/ran over.

You still haven't addressed how he would possibly beat the Fallen. OK, lets say Griffin snags a Decepticon and ports him into a volcano. At this point, the Decepticons start moving to and fro, searching for him. How far can a Decepticon move in the time it takes Griffin to jump back, in your estimate? 100 feet? 200?

And I didnt really mean to include the Fallen, but I guess we can do two scenarios, one with the Fallen, one without.

Rogue Jedi
Look at how fast Griffin can jump here, you are seriously underestimating his powers.

1Bud7T_VkyI

In particular:

:40, he jumps from the desert to Tokyo in the bat of an eye.

From 1:00 to 1:19, he is jumping the car here and there, onto the sides of buildings, as if it were nothing.

2:09 to 2:17, he is all over the Coliseum, it takes him like a millisecond to jump.

2:39, he jumps the truck at Rice Bowl.

BTW, I totally forgot he can jump in midair, from one spot to the next, as shown in the vid, he and Rice Bowl can. Not to mention he jumped an entire bus at Sam.

So, he ports onto a Decepticon, ports it away, then is back in maybe two seconds. The Decepticons will be on the move, no doubt, but they will be in the same general area. So when he returns, he ports to a vantage point a few hundred feet away, waits for the right time, then ports another Decepticon away.

And if Starscream or Megatron take to the air, he can simply port onto them, then port them into a volcano.

Placidity

And if Starscream or Megatron take to the air, he can simply port onto them, then port them into a volcano.

No he can't. They are moving at great speeds - he will port to where they are at one instant, by when he materializes they would be somewhere else. Port a flyer into a volcano, how does that work?

Rogue Jedi
No he can't. They are moving at great speeds - he will port to where they are at one instant, by when he materializes they would be somewhere else. Port a flyer into a volcano, how does that work? It's just a theory haermm

Ok, sooner or later Megatron os SS will have to land to capture/kill him, right? So he jumps around, here and there, out of their line of sight/fire, and when they land, he ports them away. If he is jumping around as fast as he can, no way in hell are they able to shoot him.

steverules_2

I never said that was an attack dur

They could easily CREATE some electric wires because they aren't robtards wink Thats you enlightened eek!

Quincy
If they shoot at him, and he jumps, the bullets would probs still hit him right? Jump scars?

Alpha Centauri
Some people just shouldn't make threads.

Three pages and it still hasn't been established how this guy is even going to fight against them, much less win.

All I've seen is "He's too fast.", so? A bluebottle housefly is too fast for some humans. Who would win in a fight though?

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quincy
If they shoot at him, and he jumps, the bullets would probs still hit him right? Jump scars? Possibly, but Griffin is no ones fool, he'll surely know that the bullets are coming, he'll simply jump again at a different angle to avoid them. After the initial barrage, the Decepticons will have trouble tracking him. After he makes his initial jump, they'll be looking around, scanning the area for him, then FOOMP FOOMP, he is there and gone again in less than a second before they even see him. He returns and grabs another Decepticon, shower, rinse repeat.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Some people just shouldn't make threads.

Three pages and it still hasn't been established how this guy is even going to fight against them, much less win.

All I've seen is "He's too fast.", so? A bluebottle housefly is too fast for some humans. Who would win in a fight though?

-AC

You're kidding, right? OK, I'll go slower for you.....

The Decepticons have him surrounded.....Griffin ports on the back of a Decepticon and ports away with it......The Decepticons are looking around like WTF.....Griffin ports back, grabs another, and is gone in less than a second.......The Decepticons are firing wildly.....Griffin ports to a vantage point a safe distance away, waiting for a safe jump.....Griffin sees his chance, ports in, grabs another Decepticon, ports away with it......He repeats this process until they all go bye bye, dumped into a volcano, dropped into the Grand Canyon, dropped into a deep ocean trench, whatever, the possibilities are endless.

Griffin porting to and fro, dropping Decepticons whereever he pleases, this is how he fights them.

Houseflies cannot port from London to France to China to etc etc etc; Humans have flyswatters.

Explain, please, the part you dont understand, or a flaw in this plan of attack.

Alpha Centauri
You're kidding, right? OK, I'll go slower for you.....

The Decepticons have him surrounded.....Griffin ports on the back of a Decepticon and ports away with it......The Decepticons are looking around like WTF.....Griffin ports back, grabs another, and is gone in less than a second.......The Decepticons are firing wildly.....Griffin ports to a vantage point a safe distance away, waiting for a safe jump.....Griffin sees his chance, ports in, grabs another Decepticon, ports away with it......He repeats this process until they all go bye bye, dumped into a volcano, dropped into the Grand Canyon, dropped into a deep ocean trench, whatever, the possibilities are endless.

Griffin porting to and fro, dropping Decepticons whereever he pleases, this is how he fights them.

Houseflies cannot port from London to France to China to etc etc etc; Humans have flyswatters.

Explain, please, the part you dont understand, or a flaw in this plan of attack.

The problem is that once again you have just scripted out a fight in favour of the character you want to win. You do this often and it's actually retarded for a man of your age to be doing something so childish.

What you just described is essentially like me saying "I could beat the New England Patriots on my own. Just run around all of them, dodge that guy, jump over that guy, swerve around that guy then run to the touchdown line.".

That's essentially what you just did for Griffin. You scripted it out for him despite there being no sensible way he would be able to damage them enough to win this fight.

Certainly not every Decepticon in the movies, ever.

You are just saying what you want to happen. Why do I STILL have to explain the purposes of fantasy fights to you? If you're going to script them, there's no point having them, since you've decided a factually detailed path for a fight that'll never happen.

The point of fantasy fights is to discuss who might win and how. Not every single movement down to the punch. Also, I love how you say "I'll go slower for you.". Go slower for everyone, then. Because nobody here seems to half understand your absolutely logicless and ridiculous thread ideas. It's just you.

What about THAT do you not understand? You've clearly decided that Griffin wins, in your mind. You are never convinced otherwise, you never concede defeat (See Sideswipe/Bumblebee thread), so what's the point in THIS thread?

-AC

Rogue Jedi
The problem is that once again you have just scripted out a fight in favour of the character you want to win. You do this often and it's actually retarded for a man of your age to be doing something so childish.

What you just described is essentially like me saying "I could beat the New England Patriots on my own. Just run around all of them, dodge that guy, jump over that guy, swerve around that guy then run to the touchdown line.".

That's essentially what you just did for Griffin. You scripted it out for him despite there being no sensible way he would be able to damage them enough to win this fight.

Certainly not every Decepticon in the movies, ever.

You are just saying what you want to happen. Why do I STILL have to explain the purposes of fantasy fights to you? If you're going to script them, there's no point having them, since you've decided a factually detailed path for a fight that'll never happen.

The point of fantasy fights is to discuss who might win and how. Not every single movement down to the punch. Also, I love how you say "I'll go slower for you.". Go slower for everyone, then. Because nobody here seems to half understand your absolutely logicless and ridiculous thread ideas. It's just you.

What about THAT do you not understand?

-AC

Scripted? K. All I did was explain how he would use his powers to defeat them. Same as me saying Luke would use his force powers to defeat a group of Tuskens. Same as I would say Wesley Gibson would bend bullets to pwn John Preston. Same as I would say Ultraviolet would use her speed to defeat Huo Yuanjia. THAT'S how fantasy fights work, we discuss ones powers and how they might use said powers to defeat their foe, and that's all I have done, in great detail.

I already admitted he would have trouble with Starscream and Megatron, and scenario two, with the Fallen, he probably gets pwned. Also, dropping a Decepticon into the Grand Canyon from thousands of feet wouldn't damage them? Dropping them into a volcano would do shit to them?

Alpha Centauri
Scripted? K. All I did was explain how he would use his powers to defeat them. Same as me saying Luke would use his force powers to defeat a group of Tuskens. Same as I would say Wesley Gibson would bend bullets to pwn John Preston. Same as I would say Ultraviolet would use her speed to defeat Huo Yuanjia. THAT'S how fantasy fights work, we discuss ones powers and how they might use said powers to defeat their foe, and that's all I have done, in great detail.

I already admitted he would have trouble with Starscream and Megatron, and scenario two, with the Fallen, he probably gets pwned. Also, dropping a Decepticon into the Grand Canyon from thousands of feet wouldn't damage them? Dropping them into a volcano would do shit to them?

See, "how he WOULD use his powers to defeat them.". You've already decided that he'd win without any doubt in your mind, it's a foregone conclusion.

Fantasy fights are not all about ignoring the opponents in favour of someone you like, or scripting out fights, which is what you do EVERY TIME unless you don't know the area well, i.e; Transformers, Marvel etc. You ask people then leech your own opinion.

You are assuming it's a certainty he's going to drop them into a volcano, though. This is the problem, you've decided what he factually would do and that the Decepticons couldn't stop him. On that note, why does this thread exist? Why ask us when you've already decided who'd win in your mind?

I ask you this because you do not concede defeat, so it can't be that you're open to mind changing. On top of that, you're just about the only person here that understands where you're coming from or why.

It's not just me, RJ. I know you'd like to believe it is, but it's really not. A time comes where you have to look at your threads and think "Maybe I suck at these.". Because you do.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Funny, I see no one else complaining about this thread except for you. Coincidence? And if you don't like the thread or my threads in general, GTFO. Barging in like a little girl with a skinned knee makes you look pathetic.

Clear?

XanatosForever
Honestly, if Griff can't get his hands on some Sabot, I think he'll have a very hard time winning this. He could prolong it all to hell, no doubt, but other than that he's seriously disadvantaged.

Alpha Centauri
Another Griffin supporter I see above.

Another person who sees precisely your thinking on this, RJ.

Funny, I see no one else complaining about this thread except for you. Coincidence? And if you don't like the thread or my threads in general, GTFO. Barging in like a little girl with a skinned knee makes you look pathetic.

Clear?

I'm not barging in am I? Stop being hurt.

I posted when the thread was first created and multiple people along with me have expressed confusion or bafflement at how this even works. You seem to be the only one who thinks it's a good match.

Who else supports this?

How many pro-Griffin posts have there been, Vs "How could he even do anything?" and other various counters to you?

-AC

Rogue Jedi

I posted when the thread was first created and multiple people along with me have expressed confusion or bafflement at how this even works. You seem to be the only one who thinks it's a good match.

Who else supports this?

How many pro-Griffin posts have there been, Vs "How could he even do anything?" and other various counters to you?

-AC Nah, they weren't clear on Griffins powers, or how he would use them here, I explained it quite clearly.

It "works" because Griffin can jump anything that moves to whereever he wants, and his jumping speed is far too fast to follow. It's quite simple.

XanatosForever

Who else supports this?

-AC

Why am I suddenly a supporter by stating he's at a disadvantage? Because I have a few ideas of how he could eke out a win that are massive risks?

Alpha Centauri
Nah, they weren't clear on Griffins powers, or how he would use them here, I explained it quite clearly.

It "works" because Griffin can jump anything that moves to whereever he wants, and his jumping speed is far too fast to follow. It's quite simple.

There is no "WOULD", you don't know for sure how the fight would go. Do you need me to write that in M.S. Paint for you to understand it?

There's "Might", "Could", "May be able to"...if you can sustain and give reason. There is no "Would".

You've explained it and still, nobody agrees with you so far. Unless someone does out of pity.

No alarm bells at all, really?

Why am I suddenly a supporter by stating he's at a disadvantage? Because I have a few ideas of how he could eke out a win that are massive risks?

It was sarcasm. I thought that was painfully obvious.

-AC

XanatosForever
Sorry, I still have some trouble deciphering sarcasm over text from time to time.

Rogue Jedi
There is no "WOULD", you don't know for sure how the fight would go. Do you need me to write that in M.S. Paint for you to understand it?

There's "Might", "Could", "May be able to"...if you can sustain and give reason. There is no "Would".

You've explained it and still, nobody agrees with you so far. Unless someone does out of pity.

No alarm bells at all, really?

-AC I know there is no way to know for sure how the fight would go, I am merely explaining one way he could win. Hell, for all we know, he'd freeze like a deer in headlights.

And if he did what I said he would, yes, he would pwn in epic proportions.

Alpha Centauri
I know there is no way to know for sure how the fight would go, I am merely explaining one way he could win. Hell, for all we know, he'd freeze like a deer in headlights.

And if he did what I said he would, yes, he would pwn in epic proportions.

No, you explained ways that you felt he WOULD win. You never put across any doubt.

If I did what I said I would, I'd beat the New England Patriots.

It's not as easy as what you WOULD want to do, it's about what you could do and if you can then DO it.

This is what it has taken you ages to understand.

-AC

Robtard
I never said that was an attack dur

They could easily CREATE some electric wires because they aren't robtards wink Thats you enlightened eek!

That didn't make any sense, Stevie. Are you drinking again?

steverules_2
That didn't make any sense, Stevie. Are you drinking again?

I may have mixed some birth control pills with some vodka...but I still made sense stoned I'll explain some more, the decepticons...are clever, they would study griffin, learn his weakness...create a weapon for his weakness and then use that weapon. They would used electric wires...they'd get some from a hardware store or something.

Robtard
I may have mixed some birth control pills with some vodka...but I still made sense stoned I'll explain some more, the decepticons...are clever, they would study griffin, learn his weakness...create a weapon for his weakness and then use that weapon. They would used electric wires...they'd get some from a hardware store or something.

How exactly would they conclude 'he can teleport, ergo his weakness is electrical current'?

I think they'd take the simpler approach and just shoot him to shit.

steverules_2
How exactly would they conclude 'he can teleport, ergo his weakness is electrical current'?

Kinda hard when he can jump far away from them

They could easily hack into the paladins secret computer or something to find out about the weakness, I mean come on...the decepticons are amazing hackers and besides if we humans were able to find/figure out their weaknesses I'm sure that they can as well smile

Robtard
Kinda hard when he can jump far away from them

They could easily hack into the paladins secret computer or something to find out about the weakness, I mean come on...the decepticons are amazing hackers and besides if we humans were able to find/figure out their weaknesses I'm sure that they can as well smile
Jumpers were tagged/caught by humans. No reason to believe a small army of Decepticons with their varied armaments couldn't do the same.

Begs the question, how do the Decepticons know about the the Paladins?

Quincy

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Rogue Jedi
Jumpers were tagged/caught by humans. No reason to believe a small army of Decepticons with their varied armaments couldn't do the same.

Begs the question, how do the Decepticons know about the the Paladins? Um, Jumpers were caught by Paladins, not ordinary folk like you and I, they spent years training to hunt Jumpers.

No, neither side knows anything about the other here. To the Decepticons, Griffin is just another human, and to Griffin, the Decepticons are big ass robots with guns who wanna kill him.

Quincy
Um, Jumpers were caught by Paladins, not ordinary folk like you and I, they spent years training to hunt Jumpers.

How do you know that?

steverules_2

who's to say the decepticons could find out about a jumpers weakness? I mean really...if humans were able to do it then I'm sure a decepticon can do it, if they know about jumpers they may know about paladins

Robtard
Um, Jumpers were caught by Paladins, not ordinary folk like you and I, they spent years training to hunt Jumpers.

No, neither side knows anything about the other here. To the Decepticons, Griffin is just another human, and to Griffin, the Decepticons are big ass robots with guns who wanna kill him.

The Decepticons are accomplished warriors, with advanced weapons; if a trained human can hit a jumper with a cable-hook, a bunch of Decepticons could too.

Yeah, I'm not saying they do; in fact, my debate with the drunken Steve is that the Decepticons won't know about the electrical weakness of the Jumpers.

Robtard
who's to say the decepticons could find out about a jumpers weakness? I mean really...if humans were able to do it then I'm sure a decepticon can do it, if they know about jumpers they may know about paladins

You're saying they would. I'm saying it's highly unlikely.

Na, they have a shit-load of guns; so that's what they use to pump Irish wannabe bad-boy with.

Alpha Centauri
Nah, he'd just teleport them into a volcano.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Well yeah, if they know what the Paladins know, Griffin is beat before he even jumps, they'll have a perimeter set up waiting for him.

The Decepticons are gonna use their guns and feet trying to kill Griffith, plain and simple.

BTW, Roland was the only one to hit Griffin with a cable hook (That was realy cool, for the record.......) and that was only because Griffin wanted to kill Roland up close and personal. He got sloppy. Doubtful he'll wanna go toe to toe with a Transformer.

Alpha Centauri
So then why is he going toe-to-toe with every Decepticon in all the movies?

Did you think about this match up at all?

-AC

steverules_2
You're saying they would. I'm saying it's highly unlikely.

Na, they have a shit-load of guns; so that's what they use to pump Irish wannabe bad-boy with.

Couldn't he just jump? I mean he'd shit his pants first but then he could jump

Rogue Jedi
So then why is he going toe-to-toe with every Decepticon in all the movies?

Did you think about this match up at all?

-AC I didnt mean literally every Decepticon, I meant the ones shown fighting alongside Megatron. The ones in the final battle from the first movie, and the ones fighting at the end of T2, minus Devastator and the Fallen. I included the second scenario with the Fallen, I suppose Devastator can be in it too.

I wasn't specific, apologies. Should I post a list?

steverules_2
I didnt mean literally every Decepticon, I meant the ones shown fighting alongside Megatron. The ones in the final battle from the first movie, and the ones fighting at the end of T2, minus Devastator and the Fallen. I included the second scenario with the Fallen, I suppose Devastator can be in it too.

I wasn't specific, apologies. Should I post a list?

Put some bewbs in the list

Rogue Jedi
Ok, heres a list of Decepticons for each scenario:

Scenario 1:
Megatron
Starscream
Barricade
Frenzy: Just for laughs
Brawl
Scorponok: That's the name of the Decepticon in the desert, yes?
Bonecrusher
Blackout
And every Decepticon shown in ROTF, minus the Fallen and Devastator.

Scenario two:
Same as above, but include the Fallen and Devastator.

Alpha Centauri
They walk this, are you kidding?

What a mismatch.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
OK, explain how? How do they deal with Griffin jumping to and fro, faster than they can track? How do they handle him jumping Bots away as easy as breathing?

steverules_2
there's no bewbs

Rogue Jedi
haermm

XanatosForever
Blackout's there? He can solo, just spam the area attack and Griff's got no way to get near.

Rogue Jedi
You mean his shock wave attack? That could work, but Griffin will be everywhere at once, if Blackout unleashes this, he risks taking out several Decepticons too.

Robtard
Ok, heres a list of Decepticons for each scenario:

Scenario 1:
Megatron
Starscream
Barricade
Frenzy: Just for laughs
Brawl
Scorponok: That's the name of the Decepticon in the desert, yes?
Bonecrusher
Blackout
And every Decepticon shown in ROTF, minus the Fallen and Devastator.

Scenario two:
Same as above, but include the Fallen and Devastator.

Dude, it takes only one hit from any of the above to turn the Leprechaun into porridge.

You really think he's going to be popping in and out so fast while trying to target a Decepticon that has enough momemtum as so he could teleport it into a volcano without ever being tagged by anyone one of them? Really, really?

Also, Griffon was hit before, remember the scar on his neck, from a previous battle he almost didn't escape from. If humans with cable-hooks can hit him, super-robots with an array of blasters, missiles and explosives can.

XanatosForever
Not even. The Decepticons huddle up so that Griff has to get close, then dash as Blackout unleashes the attack. Rinse, repeat.

Robtard
Just had a thought, RJ. The robots have a high enough heat resistance to survive orbital entry, volcano heat isn't likely to harm them.

Alpha Centauri
Well, that pretty much settles that.

Another concessionless debate over with.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Oh well, I'm sure there would be a way to kill them. One thing's for sure, they'll never catch him.

Rogue Jedi
Here's a thought. Upon watching Transformers again, I watched the scene very closely where they entered Earths atmosphere. They weren't in robotic form, they were in some type of shell form, only their heavily armored parts were exposed. This implies that there are certain parts of a transformers body that would not be able to survive the heat. Also, we are talking about being totally submerged in volcanic lava, dude.

Thread still open yes

Rogue Jedi
Dude, it takes only one hit from any of the above to turn the Leprechaun into porridge.

You really think he's going to be popping in and out so fast while trying to target a Decepticon that has enough momemtum as so he could teleport it into a volcano without ever being tagged by anyone one of them? Really, really?

Also, Griffon was hit before, remember the scar on his neck, from a previous battle he almost didn't escape from. If humans with cable-hooks can hit him, super-robots with an array of blasters, missiles and explosives can. Yes, I do, he is literally too fast for them to target, anyone who has seen Jumper can see this.

And sorry to burst your bubble, but he says "If it moves I can jump it." It is never implied that an object HAS to be literally in motion, just that it can be moved. He was gonna jump that bomb and "blow the Paladins to kingdom come", remember? And he jumped their "device" back to his lair, see?

Griffin was hit when he was a wee lad, during he and Rolands first fight, he probably assumed Roland was just some pimp with a Sinatra doo.

There was one particular human who hit Griffin, Roland, and he was like the king shit Paladin, he knew everything about them and had years of training. The two in the coliseum couldn't hit shit. AND remember the Decepticons know nothing of Griffin or his powers.

So, Griffin can jump any Decepticon at will, to whereever he wants, AND Griffin can jump faster than the Decepticons can track and fire. Remember the scene of Nightcrawler in the oval office? big grin They are pretty much at hs mercy here, their only real hope is that he just happens to jump back into a stray gun blast.

Rogue Jedi
Not even. The Decepticons huddle up so that Griff has to get close, then dash as Blackout unleashes the attack. Rinse, repeat. And Griffin will totally fall for this, he will attack them as they are in their little gay robotic huddle? roll eyes (sarcastic)

IF they do this, he can simply jump a bomb back at them, and when the ensuing blast causes them to scatter, he picks them off one by one.

Placidity

They know about everything since they hack the internets.

Rogue Jedi
In this battle, they know nothing of the Paladins or the Jumpers.

Alpha Centauri
So basically, you've rigged it and decided Griffin wins despite contrary evidence and logic?

That's how you know it's an RJ thread.

You've decided Griffin wins for no good reason, you're the only person who seems to think so or understand this premise, and yet you still think the debate is valid?

You scripted everything out, then when someone suggests logic to the contrary, you simply decide what he would do to counter it and win.

It's actually frightening how dense you are if you still don't understand the concept of a fantasy battle debate.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Let's take it one thing at a time.

Griffin starts jumping around, here, there, Paris, China, etc, how do they catch him?

Alpha Centauri
How is that a fight?

Back to you.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Second question:

Griffin can jump anything that can be moved, he showed no limitations as to size. What's to stop him from jumping onto the back of a Decepticon and porting it into the ocean, into a volcano, into the Grand Canyon?

Answer these individually, let's be civil and talk about it.

Alpha Centauri
Second question:

Griffin can jump anything that can be moved, he showed no limitations as to size. What's to stop him from jumping onto the back of a Decepticon and porting it into the ocean, into a volcano, into the Grand Canyon?

First question: They shouldn't have to catch him. It's a fight, not a game of tag. If he's jumping away from them all the time, he's not attacking them, so it's not a fight. That puts that tactic out of the window.

Second question: How the Hell would jumping a Decepticon into the Grand Canyon do anything but annoy it or them? Into the ocean? Did you even WATCH the movie? Megatron jetpacked out from the Laurentian Abyss. Others went down there to resurrect the guy as if it was a bathtub. What is dropping them in there going to achieve? Especially considering they are alive and moving. RAVAGE survived being that deep, and you think this will spell the doom for the entire Decepticon army?

All this considered, and your memory ineptitude aside, you're acting like Griffin is going to win by dropping them off a cliff? Get a clue, dude.

Also, there's nothing to suggest volcanic lava would kill them. Considering that at peak, Earth entry temperature is around 7,800 Kelvin. That's 7,526 degree Celcius.

Volcanic lava maxes out at 1,200 degree Celcius. That's before and during primary eruption. Not after cooling.

Transformers entering Earth's atmosphere were not wearing any armour, it's called a protoform. They are robots from Cybertron whose alternate forms are that of inorganic entry asteroids. They then transform BACK into robots to scan Earth vehicles.

Even if they were wearing armour, it would be partially covering. So the very fact that any of their structure can tolerate what amounts to seven and a half thousand degrees Celcius without damage...well. That just about suggests that they can take a little over a thousand degrees in heat. Submergance is irrelevant.

Volcano argument = Done.

My question to you: How is Griffin going to win this, or even fight this? Same question any of us have asked for ages.

It's not going to happen.

-AC

Robtard
Second question:

No, not 'anything that can be moved', he specifically implied/said he could jump anything in motion, ergo, Decepticon isn't walking, rolling, swimming or flying, he can't jump something of their size.

He could likely teleport a few, but as the movie shows, humans can tag the Jumpers, ergo, Griffin is going to get hit at least one time when facing so many opponents. One shot is all that is needed.

-Ocean isn't going to harm them. They're shown hanging down at the Oceanic trench while they're reviving Megatron.

-Volcano heat is debatable. Survived orbital entry

-High fall/drop is debatable as well. Survived crashing into ground, buildings and an Aircraft carrier after orbital entry.

Fight comes down to: 'do you think Griffin can teleport all of them and destroy them somehow without ever being hit once?' Logic and screen feats dictate he could not.

Edit: I see AC basically said/asked the same thing a minute before me.

Alpha Centauri
Volcano heat isn't debatable.

High fall/drop isn't even debatable. Example;

Megatron was wading into masses of human firepower and cracking off fusion cannon shots. Being dropped off a cliff isn't going to bug them. Then factor into it that it'd have to be a HUGE drop, and that they can fly anyway. Starscream will transform before he hits, and Megatron has a jetpack.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
First question: They shouldn't have to catch him. It's a fight, not a game of tag. If he's jumping away from them all the time, he's not attacking them, so it's not a fight. That puts that tactic out of the window. How do you figure? Jumping is Griffin's power, it's what he does, you want to do a scenario where he can't jump?

Guess you got me there, I guess he cannot kill them. Maybe he'd **** a few of them up, but the stronger ones, no. On a side note, surely there are some places on Earth he can drop them where they cannot escape, the ones without propulsion packs anyway. Not all Decepticons have proplusion packs, am I right?

As far as disposing of them so that he can escape, I don't see why this would be a problem for him. I don't see a way they will be able to kill him, he will be jumping too fast.

Rogue Jedi
No, not 'anything that can be moved', he specifically implied/said he could jump anything in motion, ergo, Decepticon isn't walking, rolling, swimming or flying, he can't jump something of their size.

He could likely teleport a few, but as the movie shows, humans can tag the Jumpers, ergo, Griffin is going to get hit at least one time when facing so many opponents. One shot is all that is needed. Well, you think Griffin is likely to jump into the path of a gun blast?

How do you figure? How can they hit someone they cannot see?

Rogue Jedi
Question: Say Griffin jumps with a Decipticon to an elevation of 12,5000 feet, then drops it into a rocky faced mountain, a place with jagged cliffs, whatever. What kind of damage will be done? Bear in mind I am talking about the Decepticons without jet packs.

Alpha Centauri
Why don't we just have Griffin fight Sam?

You clearly won't be content until he's the winner.

-AC

Quincy
Question: Say Griffin jumps with a Decipticon to an elevation of 12,5000 feet, then drops it into a rocky faced mountain, a place with jagged cliffs, whatever. What kind of damage will be done? Bear in mind I am talking about the Decepticons without jet packs.

Wait are you saying that one of his 'jump place" things is 12,5000 feet into the sky?

Robtard
Well, you think Griffin is likely to jump into the path of a gun blast?

How do you figure? How can they hit someone they cannot see?

No, he'd likely to get targeted and shot, during his jumps. Considering there's so many Decepticons.

Again, you ignore that Griffin was hit/can be hit . This time, it would definitely kill him, since it isn't a human with a grapple-hook; it's a giant robot with a mush-maker.

Robtard
Wait are you saying that one of his 'jump place" things is 12,5000 feet into the sky?

I hear the weather is terrific up there, perfect for quaint and quiet holiday.

Quincy
SARCASM grouchoawe

Rogue Jedi
Wait are you saying that one of his 'jump place" things is 12,5000 feet into the sky? Well, when Griffin and Rice bowl were fighting over the detonator, they were free falling from a building and jumping in mid air, it's also implied that if a Jumper can see where they want to jump, they can jump there.

Rogue Jedi
No, he'd likely to get targeted and shot, during his jumps. Considering there's so many Decepticons.

Again, you ignore that Griffin was hit/can be hit . This time, it would definitely kill him, since it isn't a human with a grapple-hook; it's a giant robot with a mush-maker. No, I know he can be hit, by Paladins who have spent years studying him and his habits. Only happened once though, and that was a fluke.

Say Griffin starts jumping, jumps a few Decepticons, you think they will start firing blindly? Or will they scan the area and wait for him to appear?

Robtard
No, I know he can be hit, by Paladins who have spent years studying him and his habits. Only happened once though, and that was a fluke.

Say Griffin starts jumping, jumps a few Decepticons, you think they will start firing blindly? Or will they scan the area and wait for him to appear?

Decepticons are far better fighters and any negro with a grapple-hook. Now it's a fluke, cuz.

He appears, he's likely to get tagged, considering how many of them are there. Might be his first pop, might be his tenth, either way, he's not clearing.

Alpha Centauri
Griffin isn't winning this, RJ.

The very fact that you've resorted to such barrel scraping proves that.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Calm down, dude. I'm still waiting for an explanation as to how they will catch him, much less target him. If he is practically everywhere at once, how can they shoot him? And I'm still waiting for an answer to this:

Alpha Centauri
Hardly any. They survived entering Earth, falling from high won't hurt.

Look, it's clear from your sig why you want Griffin (I know that's not Griffin) to win, but he won't. Why don't you just accept this? Nothing you've said will allow him to win, or avoid dying. If your only saving grace is "He'll keep jumping". then you are at a loss.

So obsessed with keeping this thread going, are you, that you'll continue on the basis of that. Even knowing he wont win. You created this thread, you have tried proving he'd win, you were beaten.

Although, edit:

Storm, I bet she could use her lightning powers to keep a Jumper from jumping.

Yet, all the Decepticons can't? Even Blackout, who has electrical (Like lightning) magnetic pulse powers unlike any on Earth?

-AC

Rogue Jedi
I already conceded it would be highly imposible for him to kill more than a few. I am still of the opinion that they would never see him, never be able to target him, and that the only way they kill him is if he jumps into a stray gun blast. BTW, what's wrong with me asking someone questions if they are more knowledgable about Transformers?

And while they fell from orbit, they were wearing a protoform, as you said earlier, can they transform back to wearing protoform at will?

Alpha Centauri
I already conceded it would be highly imposible for him to kill more than a few. I am still of the opinion that they would never see him, never be able to target him, and that the only way they kill him is if he jumps into a stray gun blast. BTW, what's wrong with me asking someone questions if they are more knowledgable about Transformers?

And while they fell from orbit, they were wearing a protoform, as you said earlier, can they transform back to wearing protoform at will?

So, you're now debating us that he'd survive, not win? Pointless debate then. There's no such thing as degrees of impossibility (Highly etc). Either it's impossible or it's possible. So it's impossible. It's highly unlikely he'd even kill one. You've yet to show just how he'd do that, yet we've shown exactly how he won't, each time you suggest a way.

Do you not have it in you to admit this is just another poorly thought out thread?

Also, I never said they were wearing a protoform...I said they were in protoform.

I.e; that's their natural form. It's not something they wear. Same metal/material as their Earth forms. Watch the movies, RJ.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
K.....But how do you feel about male models?

Alpha Centauri
Hot.

Sometimes, a little dignity and a little "Ok, I concede this debate." would go miles to making you a more tolerable poster.

It's a shame your aversion to admitting I'm right about anything always prevails.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
I concede that Griffin would be able to maybe kill a few Decepticons, but I still don't see how they would capture him or kill him, unless he jumps into a stray gun blast. Hey, I said that twice, go me.

Alpha Centauri
You're not conceding anything.

You're now saying you aren't even sure he could kill a few Decepticons, you're saying maybe. Even that is an abnormal stretch considering you have got no idea how he could do that. You just want to believe it. So why not just concede that it's unlikely he could kill any? Why is that so hard?

However, HE got hit by a human, for one reason or another, with a cable.

No reason to assume more the Decepticons, with giant cannons and all other manner of weaponry, wouldn't do the same. You try weaselling out of it by saying they'd stand around scanning and stuff, but how do you know?

You try weaselling out by saying he'd jump away, but then he's pussying out and it's not a fight.

Griffin is mismatched, just admit it. Why won't you? Because you're so ignorant to fact and logic that you don't believe he is, or because I'm the one proving he is?

-AC

Rogue Jedi
He got hit by a Paladin, the chief shit Paladin, a man who knew his habits and tendencies. Also, Griffin was going at it h2h, toe to toe with Roland, he won't do that here. He's foolhardy, but he's no fool.

Alpha Centauri
Then why would he fight the Decepticons if he's no fool?

He can't kill them, and every method you've suggested has been debunked logically, scientifically or both.

So what's the deal? This has come down to you trying to prove they wouldn't hit him, which you really haven't besides the one argument of jumping away. That's not a fight.

So I'll ask you again, how does this fight work? Judging by their abilities. Not scripting, abilites.

Who is the more likely to die here? However slim of a chance? The answer is Griffin.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
All I am saying is that IF he tried to jump them away somewhere with the intent of destroying them, he would be near impossible to hit. IF he said "OK ****ers, gonna jump ya into a volcano", he would be too fast for them to track.

Alpha Centauri
I disproved the volcano thing, scientifically.

Now what? Where else are you planning to go with this?

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Yes, you pwned the volcano argument, well done there.

Going? Well, since it has been proven that Griffin cannot kill the Decepticons (or at least enough to make a difference), then I guess it has turned to general questions about Transformers? General discussion, maybe?

Quincy
thread should be closed then

Alpha Centauri
Yes, you pwned the volcano argument, well done there.

Going? Well, since it has been proven that Griffin cannot kill the Decepticons (or at least enough to make a difference), then I guess it has turned to general questions about Transformers? General discussion, maybe?

Since it's been proven he can't kill them, and logically proven that the more likely to kill would be the Decepticons, it has turned to you losing.

Not sure why the weaselling prevents you from saying it.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Since it's been proven he can't kill them, and logically proven that the more likely to kill would be the Decepticons, it has turned to you losing.

Not sure why the weaselling prevents you from saying it.

-AC Dude, you won the thread pretty much with your evidence that the Decepticons cannot be killed by anything Griffin can do to them. You want me to give you E head or something?

Quincy
thread should be closed then

Rogue Jedi
Gay.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.