The World's Largest Pyramid has been found, and it's Mayan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tenebrous
http://news.aol.com/article/mayan-city-of-mirador-may-be-home-to/748720?icid=main

Among other things, they have discovered a relief that supposedly re-writes what we know and understand of the Mayan creation myth.

I wonder what secrets the pyramid holds, and if anything pertains/explains further to 2012.

The big EH
2012, literally doesn't mark anything but the end of a very long type of solar cycle, not a prophecy of destruction, mayanas had like 26 different calenders that followed different cycles, just because one was really long, doesn't mean squat.

ChakraStrings
I don't think it's going to affect anything at all. It's a bloody pyramid man!

Bicnarok
Interesting, there loads of Pyramids about the world the ones in china are especially interesting because they resemble the Mayan ones. I saw a documentary that said the largest Pyramid in the world was probably in china, is this one supposed to surpass that.

Symmetric Chaos
How does discovery of a pyramid count as a conspiracy?

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

It's the largest structure (religious or otherwise) of a civilization that has spawned one of the most controversial conspiracy topics in recent memory. How are you going to say "only proven conspiracies should be posted here!" unless you were expecting some sarcastic conjecture on my part

I feel confident that my analysis proves beyond all doubt that in 11/11/11 the true spear will be found by the risen Christ and used to prevent the 2012 cataclysm plotted by the Mayans.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by The big EH
2012, literally doesn't mark anything but the end of a very long type of solar cycle, not a prophecy of destruction, mayanas had like 26 different calenders that followed different cycles, just because one was really long, doesn't mean squat.

Yes that's the current understanding now, I know that. Popularized media has questioned "what if?" however and as the article proves, they have already found a relief on the pyramid grounds which contradicts what has been long-established assumptions and beliefs about the mayan creation myth. The question I am raising is if any further reliefs/new knowledge will pertain to 2012, not whether it explains the types of calamities 2012 will "inevitably" produce

Robtard
"From a distance, it looks like a mountain overrun by dense growth in the Guatemalan jungle. But researchers who have been exploring the remains of an ancient Mayan city say the massive mound may be the world's largest pyramid."

Key word, "may".

Bicnarok

I asked myself the same question, maybe the "may" be the biggest pyramid and all this mayan 2012 end of times business made the poster consider it pointless posting it on the "General" area because it would get moved anyway.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Tenebrous
It's the largest structure (religious or otherwise) of a civilization that has spawned one of the most controversial conspiracy topics in recent memory. How are you going to say "only proven conspiracies should be posted here!" unless you were expecting some sarcastic conjecture on my part

What? I mean this isn't a conspiracy in any way shape or form. The only thing even close to a group of people trying to cover it up is scientists who found it in the first place that are probably thinking "what is wrong with you people? we've barely begun researching this thing and can't even say if it's one pyramid of half a dozen".

If this were about the 2012 thing, sure, but it doesn't seem to be. Absolutely no one denies that people found this place.

jaden101
Originally posted by Tenebrous
Yes that's the current understanding now, I know that. Popularized media has questioned "what if?" however and as the article proves, they have already found a relief on the pyramid grounds which contradicts what has been long-established assumptions and beliefs about the mayan creation myth. The question I am raising is if any further reliefs/new knowledge will pertain to 2012, not whether it explains the types of calamities 2012 will "inevitably" produce

The Mayan's never alluded to anything pertaining to 2012 anyway so it would have to be the 1st information rather than further information. All that 2012 corresponds to is one interpretation of where they happened to end their long count calendar. Other interpretations of the same calendar vary greatly.

So the only information you'd be likely to find is another reference to the long count calendar. Which would be nothing different to what's already known.

I'm sure if their culture had lasted longer then the calendar would be dated further into the future because all they had to do to extend their calendars was to add further blocks of time to it. As it stands, their culture was effectively destroyed and so there was noone to continue the long count calendar.

You do bring up one interesting point about it though.

The only reason that Dec 21st 2012 is mentioned as an apocalypse conspiracy is that it equated to 13.0.0.0.0 in the Mayan long count calendar. The last time that date was used is for the original interpretation of the Mayan creation date which was also 13.0.0.0.0

The long count calendar does actually have a 14.0.0.0.0 and a 15.0.0.0.0 which equate to March 2407 and June 2801 respectively.

So if the creation date changes then so will the 13.0.0.0.0

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.