Star Wars universe vs Lord of the Rings universe (MODIFIED)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
1. An ARMY vs. ARMY battle, with the GROUND military forces of the Grand Army of the Republic, the Galactus Empire and the Grand Army of the Republic going up against all of LOTR armies. Anybody Sauron and below is allowed for the LOTR side.

2. A GROUP battle: Yoda and Mace Windu vs the Fellowship, Force only allowed to enhance senses and pre cog.

3. An ALL OUT ARMY battle, like 1, only EVERYBODY except for Valar/Eru are allowed.

Originally posted by Quincy
I've never seen any of these movies

Star Wars:

Ships that travel at billions of times the speed of light.
Ships that have the firepower of millions of Hiroshima atom bombs per shot.
An entire galaxy of resources.
The Force (although not as useful for 1 and 3)
Land forces with very powerful tanks, walker and armor that can withstand spear hits with but a nick in it (the armor).

Lord of the Rings:

Pretty high quality melee weapons
Some magic, though most don't have access to it
Sauron
Dragons
Balrogs
Trolls and other such monsters

Quincy
I've never seen any of these movies

Darth Martin
I don't know how to explain it better. SW Tech>>>>LOTR.

Quincy
Super sarcasm btw

Dr Will Hatch
BTW, The Force is potentially equal to or greater than magic. The Force is an umbrella term for all the ambient energy in the universe, which includes magic.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quincy
I've never seen any of these movies laughing

golem370
Gandalf defeated Balrog who is beyond anybody on Star Wars hands down add in Saruman, Sauron, Witch King The Dead Soldiers and the other 8 Ringwraithes

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by golem370
Gandalf defeated Balrog who is beyond anybody on Star Wars hands down add in Saruman, Sauron, Witch King The Dead Soldiers and the other 8 Ringwraithes

Are you kidding? If you aren't:

Star has...

Land forces with very powerful tanks, walker and armor that can withstand spear hits with but a nick in it (the armor), thus rendering almost all conventional LOTR weapons useless.

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
BTW, The Force is potentially equal to or greater than magic. The Force is an umbrella term for all the ambient energy in the universe, which includes magic.

Possibly true, although that isn't the main reason for SW winning.

golem370
What is tech going to do to dead warriors.

Hewhoknowsall
What is tech going to do to dead warriors.

The Army of the Dead:

1. Didn't actually fight in the canon books, but since this is the movie vs forum I'll assume that the movies are to be used.

2. Only fight for one battle in order to pay their debt, so they won't stay for the entire war.

3. Haven't shown the capability to damage SW armor.

4. Can't travel at faster than light speeds, so they'll be useless in round 3 since they won't be able to attack the SW planets.

5. Since they're basically totally invulnerable, you could say that they're above Sauron (who isn't invulnerable), so they aren't allowed via the OP.

Hewhoknowsall
bump

Hewhoknowsall
bump again, or has golem conceded?

jinXed by JaNx
The Force is an umbrella term for all the ambient energy in the universe.

Yeah, but magic is an umbrella term for, what ever you can pull out of your ass.

Robtard

Hhhhhahahahahahahahaaaaahahahahahahahahahahhaha. That's a good one, Star Wars fanboyism really knows no bounds.

The Force is the living energy of all living things, correct?

How would magic be included in this? Does magic exist in the SW universe?

BruceSkywalker
Can someone explain to me LOTOR and Star Wars as I have never seen them sad

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Can someone explain to me LOTOR and Star Wars as I have never seen them sad

LoTR = Epic battle between the forces of good and evil.

Stars Wars= About a man-child's (Luke) struggle with his latent
homosexuality and his incestuous kinks.

golem370
Stalemate then because their not one person in any Star Wars movies that could stop the Dead Warriors or Ring Wraiths or Balrog and since there pretty stuck on middle earth as far as we know that could not fight people in the ships.

Ms.Marvel
feanor slew several baelrogs by himself at the same time and all he had was a sword.

gandalf isnt an omniscient being so not everything he says has to be taken as a universal truth... in addition no one in the movie ever stated that baelrogs can only be killed by magic it was only said that no one in the fellowship had weapons that can take it down. theres zero reason to assume that concentrated blasts of force lightning and turbo blaster cant put it down. being a demon doesnt hold any merit on its own because demons have different characteristics in different stories.

anyway id say that star wars wins all of them although if the valar are involved id say lotr team has a better chance.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
LoTR = Epic battle between the forces of good and evil.

Thanks Rob

Hewhoknowsall
Stalemate then because their not one person in any Star Wars movies that could stop the Dead Warriors or Ring Wraiths or Balrog and since there pretty stuck on middle earth as far as we know that could not fight people in the ships.

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
The Army of the Dead:

1. Didn't actually fight in the canon books, but since this is the movie vs forum I'll assume that the movies are to be used.

2. Only fight for one battle in order to pay their debt, so they won't stay for the entire war.

3. Haven't shown the capability to damage SW armor.

4. Can't travel at faster than light speeds, so they'll be useless in round 3 since they won't be able to attack the SW planets.

5. Since they're basically totally invulnerable, you could say that they're above Sauron (who isn't invulnerable), so they aren't allowed via the OP.

Hhhhhahahahahahahahaaaaahahahahahahahahahahhaha. That's a good one, Star Wars fanboyism really knows no bounds.

The Force is the living energy of all living things, correct?

How would magic be included in this? Does magic exist in the SW universe?

No (unless if you consider the Force to be magic), but I don't see your point. SW tech >>>>>>>>>...>>>>...>>>...>>> LOTR tech/magic

Rogue Jedi
Star Destroyers?

Robtard
No (unless if you consider the Force to be magic), but I don't see your point. SW tech >>>>>>>>>...>>>>...>>>...>>> LOTR tech/magic

Considering my point had NOTHING to do with 'SW tech > Magic' or vice-versa, I can see why you didn't see it.

jayce78

Ahh . . . The late 70's.

Wilferel
I'm sorry, but does it seem like LotR Universe has but one planet (Middle Earth) mentioned?

But remember the Morgoth thingy. Even a hundred Death Stars couldn't pwn an entire Satan-class devil.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Wilferel
I'm sorry, but does it seem like LotR Universe has but one planet (Middle Earth) mentioned?

But remember the Morgoth thingy. Even a hundred Death Stars couldn't pwn an entire Satan-class devil.

That unto itself is debatable (about whether or not Morgoth could defeat SW), but we're leaving out Morgoth/anyone above Sauron here.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Wilferel

fingolfin did it... no expression

Jamefril
Ummm... I really like LOTR but there is NO way that they even have the slightest chance against Star Wars!
#1.) Star Wars has tanks, that alone wins the first senario. Especially with the Turbo Tanks, they wouldn't even have to fire a shot, they could just run over all the little soldiers.
#2.) 2 Jedi Masters against a group of people with sticks and steel? LOTR does not have access to cortosis so they have NO defense against lightsabers. Not only that but you allow them precognition. Even though Gandalf can use magic, that won't help much.
#3.) Same as number 1. LOTR gets killed. Star Wars has tanks, but whatever they can't take care of, the Grand Army of the Republic just has all the troopers to whip out their Thermal Detonators and their Rocket Launchers and blow LOTR to Nal Hutta! I think SW wins without even trying(poor Pippin)!

One Free Man
1. An ARMY vs. ARMY battle, with the GROUND military forces of the Grand Army of the Republic, the Galactus Empire and the Grand Army of the Republic going up against all of LOTR armies. Anybody Sauron and below is allowed for the LOTR side.

2. A GROUP battle: Yoda and Mace Windu vs the Fellowship, Force only allowed to enhance senses and pre cog.

3. An ALL OUT ARMY battle, like 1, only EVERYBODY except for Valar/Eru are allowed.

Star Wars:

Land forces with very powerful tanks, walker and armor that can withstand spear hits with but a nick in it (the armor).

Lord of the Rings:

Pretty high quality melee weapons
Some magic, though most don't have access to it
Sauron
Dragons
Balrogs
Trolls and other such monsters ****in spite.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.