Which character most under-utilizes/maximizes their potential?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Two questions:

1. Who maximizes their potential?

2. Who most under-utilizes their potential?

-----

Superman

Thor

Silver Surfer

Hal Jordan

Flash

Placidity
Flash most under-utilized. Otherwise fights shouldn't take more than a picosecond.

Omega Vision
They're all guilty of under-utilizing their powers.
More than anyone I'd say Martian Manhunter should be on this list. In actuality someone with his powers should be like Professor X's mind in the body of Superman but he ends up being 4th or 5th in terms of effectiveness in the Big 7.

WickedDynamite
Recently Hal with all the Sinestro Corps and Blackest Night.

The man is getting overwork.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Omega Vision
They're all guilty of under-utilizing their powers.
More than anyone I'd say Martian Manhunter should be on this list. In actuality someone with his powers should be like Professor X's mind in the body of Superman but he ends up being 4th or 5th in terms of effectiveness in the Big 7.

totally agree!

Kris Blaze
I dare say Hal.

With his relentless use of scissors, hammers and baseball bats.

Endless Mike
Eternity. He is the embodiment of the universe but he often fights by punching people.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Eternity. He is the embodiment of the universe but he often fights by punching people.
thumb up
Seriously has he ever won a fight? It seems like his entire purpose for being is to show how powerful the villain of the week is. It's for this reason I don't take "he beat Eternity" feats seriously.

Bouboumaster
1- Superman
2- Silver Surfer

psycho gundam
thumb up
Seriously has he ever won a fight? It seems like his entire purpose for being is to show how powerful the villain of the week is. It's for this reason I don't take "he beat Eternity" feats seriously. he knocked the shit out of hank pym *shrugs*

Omega Vision
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he knocked the shit out of hank pym *shrugs*
Okay so then he's roughly equal to Captain America? wink

Battlehammer
sentry is up there.

Omega Vision
Yes because if Sentry truly has the power of 1 million exploding suns then all his appearances (except for the Terrax incident and a few others) have been massive cases of power seep. Taking his hyperbole at face value he should have taken down WW Hulk with a gentle slap.

Hewhoknowsall
Doesn't the LT for some reason actually sometimes take battle stances like a normal fighter and launch energy beams?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Doesn't the LT for some reason actually sometimes take battle stances like a normal fighter and launch energy beams?
In Marvel the End his methods of combating Thanos were visually identical to Zeus: firing energy beams from his hands. LT should be throwing Universes at Thanos like if they were bowling balls.

batdude123
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
1- Superman

Really now?

Kris Blaze
I think Superman does a pretty decent job. Compare him to any Kryptonian.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I think Superman does a pretty decent job. Compare him to any Kryptonian.

I think he fights better on SmallVille than he does in comics, he always use his superspeed

KuRuPT Thanosi
Superman isn't a good example.

I think Thanos and DS are better examples. Thor & SS would be another.

Omega Vision
Yeah you could argue Darkseid is the worst case of underachievement. Since the Crisis didn't effect him he should still be at Pre-Crisis levels and yet he's nowhere near that.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yeah you could argue Darkseid is the worst case of underachievement. Since the Crisis didn't effect him he should still be at Pre-Crisis levels and yet he's nowhere near that.

i agree. My thinking though is that Thanos and DS both have exotic abilities that they rarely use. Seems to me they have abilities they rarely use and could do so to make things easier when dealing with people. I guess though, in the end, that is how you build up drama in comics. Meh

Omega Vision
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
i agree. My thinking though is that Thanos and DS both have exotic abilities that they rarely use. Seems to me they have abilities they rarely use and could do so to make things easier when dealing with people. I guess though, in the end, that is how you build up drama in comics. Meh
Yeah Darkseid's first encounter with Doomsday pretty much highlights this. Steppenwolf tells him to use the Omega Beams but DS says that the honorable thing would be to engage Doomsday in hand to hand. Steppenwolf pretty much says "Goddamn it nephew just use the Omega Beams!" but before DS and DD can brawl the planet goes unstable and the two of them strut away like a pair of Bikers that narrowly avoided a barfight.

Kris Blaze
Darkseid considers people beneath him and is all "how dare you touch me?"

Yet he brawls at least half the time....

Naija boy
Flash for sure. Surfer also as he willfully holds back more powers than almost any other character.

Omega Vision
Darkseid considers people beneath him and is all "how dare you touch me?"

Yet he brawls at least half the time....
Darkseid: Physical combat is beneath Darkseid, Desaad. One of my stature and greatness would never stain his hands trading blows with insects. Now if you excuse me I have to fight Superman according to the Marquess of Queensbury rules of boxing.

Kris Blaze
Darkseid: Physical combat is beneath Darkseid, Desaad. One of my stature and greatness would never stain his hands trading blows with insects. Now if you excuse me I have to fight Superman according to the Marquess of Queensbury rules of boxing.

Bingo.

Final Crisis was incredible, but I would still have liked to see "classic" Darkseid beat the crap out of the justice league just once more.

Omega Vision
Bingo.

Final Crisis was incredible, but I would still have liked to see "classic" Darkseid beat the crap out of the justice league just once more.
And then afterward say "How you like me now bitches?" before falling over and dying.

-Pr-
Originally posted by nicamarvin
I think he fights better on SmallVille than he does in comics, he always use his superspeed

get out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.