Gamera Versus Cloverfield

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blinky
Gamera (Heisei series version) VS. Cloverfield

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After destroying New York, Clovefield decides that he must destroy Toyko ( like all the other giant monsters he idolizes). Cloverfield arrives in Tokyo destroying it and causing damage to Japan's natural environments. The Japanese Military is helpless against Cloverfield and the death toll rises. The Japanese Military has one hope, to nuke Toyko. In a last ditch effort to avoid a nuclear holocaust, the Japanese Military gets a military telepathic to communicate with Gamera and seek his help.

The telepath informs Gamera that unless he personally destroys the Cloverfield monster, they will be forced to nuke Japan and permanently scar/pollute the earth and kill millions of innocents. Gamera, being the ultimate tree-hugger, decides to fly to the ruins of Tokyo and take out Cloverfield.

Gamera flies in all dramatic like, lands, and sizes Cloverfield up. Cloverfield -- knowing Gamera isn't happy -- makes the first move.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gamera is in his Heisei version incarnation. And can use feats from Gamera 1,2 & 3.

Use feats/powers from Cloverfield.

GAMERA
http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/gamera3.jpg

Versus

CLOVERFIELD
http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/cloverfieldmonster.jpg

Quincy
Gamera looks an awful lot like Clover

Blinky
Originally posted by Quincy
Gamera looks an awful lot like Clover

You trying to be funny?

jaden101
The problem with putting Cloverfield into any debate is that we don't know where it's limits are. All we knew at the end is that the military basically flattened Manhattan and it was still alive. We don't know whether they used high radiation low yield nukes, massive ordanance air blast (fuel-air bombs), uranium tipped high explosive shells or standard high explosive weapons.

Blinky
Originally posted by jaden101
The problem with putting Cloverfield into any debate is that we don't know where it's limits are. All we knew at the end is that the military basically flattened Manhattan and it was still alive. We don't know whether they used high radiation low yield nukes, massive ordanance air blast (fuel-air bombs), uranium tipped high explosive shells or standard high explosive weapons.

Well use what we know.

Quincy
Get it? because you posted the same image twice!

WickedDynamite
Gamera

Blinky
Originally posted by Quincy
Get it? because you posted the same image twice!

Yeah, got it.

Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Gamera
How? Cloverfield survived a blast that destroyed Manhattan.

Quincy
Tough thread mhmm

jaden101
Originally posted by Blinky
Well use what we know.

OK...We know that Cloverfield is impervious to everything that was thrown at it by the most powerful military on earth, including bombs dropped by B2 bombers and all types of artillery weapons (presumably uranium tipped high yeild armour piercing shells). We know that the US flattened Manhattan in an attempt to kill it and failed (to flatten Manhattan would take at least several MOAB bombs).

We know that Gamera is vulnerable to freeze weapons. We know that Clover doesn't have that ability.

Stalemate.

Blinky
Gamera also survived a blast that leveled Sendai.

Blinky

We know that Gamera is vulnerable to freeze weapons. We know that Clover doesn't have that ability.

Stalemate.

Nah, this is 90's gamera. He doesn't have the freeze weakness.

jaden101
Still...Stalemate.

WickedDynamite

Gamera taken some good shots on the shell and survives. Cloverfield moster is overrated.

Blinky
Still...Stalemate.

Don't think Gamera has the fire power to destroy Clover?

I think that weird mana-blast from his tummy (as shown in Gamera 2) might do the trick.

jaden101
Cloverfield moster is overrated.

I hardly think taking everything the most powerful military in the world can hit it with and brush it off as if it was nothing is overrating it. Granted, the film itself has been overrated by some.

Nope. I think that the small monsters that the Cloverfield monster sheds would get under the shell of Gamera and cause problems with whatever it is they do that causes the people to explode.

Blinky

Nope. I think that the small monsters that the Cloverfield monster sheds would get under the shell of Gamera and cause problems with whatever it is they do that causes the people to explode.

Nah Gamera would know how to deal with that. Legion sent hundreds of his drones to cover and destroy Gamera (in Gamera 2), Gamera was smart enough to take his UFO style fight technique and he shook them all off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the mana blast thinggy at 5:50. From what I can tell it's very simular to Goku's spirit bomb in DBZ-- in that it draws power from the earth.
qF4ayF9Rfso

Robtard

IIRC, it was a M.O.A.B. bomb it tanked at the end. Which would be a conventional explosion, albeit a superbly-massive one.

Wasn't harmed/burned by the huge naplam strike, bout half-way through the film.

The A1M1 Abrams that unloaded into it repeatedly, were likely firing the depleted-uranium-spike rounds.

If that helps.

WickedDynamite
I hardly think taking everything the most powerful military in the world can hit it with and brush it off as if it was nothing is overrating it.

Military so powerful they couldn't even detect the monster coming into the shorelines. Heck! Even the Japs know when Godzilla will show up. Great waste of taxpayers money.

jaden101
Military so powerful they couldn't even detect the monster coming into the shorelines. Heck! Even the Japs know when Godzilla will show up. Great waste of taxpayers money.

It not being detected (or not being referenced in the film anyway...although you don't see it from the military's perspective so we can't assume they didn't detect it as soon as it landed off Long Island) has no bearing on the power of their weapons...Which ARE the most powerful.

Blinky
Anybody know how big the Cloverfield monster is?

EDIT: (The other info seems way off)

Gamera

Wiki Says:

Height 60-80 metres (196'-262')
Weight 80-120 tons

WickedDynamite

I found this online, who knows if it is valid.

Gamera:
Height: 200-275 feet
Weight: 30,000 tons

Pretty big if it can knock out the head of the statue of liberty. ermm

Blinky
Non-Wiki (more reliable : p) stats on Gamera.

http://www.shrineofgamera.com/stats_index.html

Robtard

EDIT: (The other info seems way off)

Gamera

Wiki Says:

Height 60-80 metres (196'-262')
Weight 80-120 tons

In pictures, it's taller than the Statue of Liberty, which is 150 feet from base to head. So assuming it's only a tad over 150 feet, it would be about 400-500 feet long.

Edit: Looking at the Wiki:

"Although "just a baby", the creature is 30 stories tall, and weighs around 6,400 tons. Clover is quite resilient, able to resist every attack the military throws at it. At the end of the movie, Manhattan is destroyed in an attempt to kill it."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clover_%28creature%29

Blinky
30 Stories = 300 ft

WTF-- 6,400 tons?

Robtard
30 Stories = 300 ft

WTF-- 6,400 tons?

Baby likes to eat?

Makes sense though. It has to be super-duper dense, or else it couldn't support the weight and size of it's own body and would turn to mush, from a real-world perspective. This super-density would also account for it being invulnerable.

One of the KMC biology/science geeks could probably extrapolate, better than me.

Edit: Considering the above, I'm thinking Cloverfield monster uses it's weight combined with what would be off-the-charts strength to impale the turtle with one of its front-leg/spikes.

Blinky
Originally posted by Robtard
Baby likes to eat?

Makes sense though. It has to be super-duper dense, or else it couldn't support the weight and size of it's own body and would turn to mush, from a real-world perspective. This super-density would also account for it being invulnerable.

One of the KMC biology/science geeks could probably extrapolate, better than me.

Yeah that weight alone would outweigh 60 Gamera's
WTF ---did the director know how much heavier his creation was than other giant monsters? In that case Gamera couldn't budge Clover H2H.

Edit: Considering the above, I'm thinking Cloverfield monster uses it's weight combined with what would be off-the-charts strength to impale the turtle with one of its front-leg/spikes.
Well Gamera has survived getting impaled, multiple times. Clover weighing so much would probably force Gamera to fly around and try to kill clover with his plama blast. Of course who knows how much effect they would have.

BruceSkywalker
ahhh Gamera.....

methinks Gam's flames should at least ko Clover

Blinky
I found something interesting about Kaiju.

It seems that there is a HUGE difference between the way different companies calculated weights for their Kaiju (giant monsters). Daei (the guys who created Gamera) are thousands of times lighter than the Toho monsters ( Godzilla weights like 20,000 tons).

So when discussing Kaiju, Kaiju nerds scale the Kaiju so that their weights are comparable and the two can fight.

In this case --- I dunno if that principle should be applied.

Nemesis X
Gamera gets stronger when a group of children support him. Put Gamera near an elementary school and Clover will get screwed. I really wish I was kidding here but sadly I'm not no expression

First_Tsurugi06

By virtue of the fact that it DID kill him.

Robtard
Despite the voice over the military radio saying, "it's still alive."

Blinky
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Gamera gets stronger when a group of children support him. Put Gamera near an elementary school and Clover will get screwed. I really wish I was kidding here but sadly I'm not no expression

True dat.

He is a tree-loving (non-dendro) child-lover (non-pedo).

First_Tsurugi06
Despite the voice over the military radio saying, "it's still alive."

If something that was normally interpreted as "Help us" had to be played BACKWARDS for it to say that, then it very clearly was meant to be "Help us".

That, and a director's confirmation is to be taken over a vague after credts message.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.