Ares VS Sabertooth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkOdin
They fight in an open area

Ares has his standard Axe no guns

Starscream M
Sabretooth rips Ares to shreds

but this would be a great fight

Survivor19
Give Ares guns and grenades, and he can consistently win via KO. Maybe...
But... i do not see Ares downing Sabes with his punches or axe at all.

guy222
Ares has gotten a push

Classic Sabes destroys him

Kasper Gutman
Ares wins.

Wild Shadow
sabretooth would maul him. Ares axe isnt enough a good start but Ares needs actual high lvl MA skills Reflex high regeneration to take sabe.

Ares attitude and CIS fighting style isnt enough here.

Sabe 7/10

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
Ares wins.

galactusischere
Ares the god of war

DarthDaniel1001
Hard to say. Ares dose have armor....MAYBE if Ares can decapitate Sabertooth but otherwise I think it's a stalemate.

Colossus-Big C
ares cuts him in half with his adamantine axe

roughrider
Come on people - Ares f**ks him up.

He's the God of vicious killers - Thor & Wolverine in one.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
why do you think Ares wins?

hugekent
What's Sabretooth's current strength level? Is it enough to combat the world's best combat fighter who also happens to be a god?

Colossus-Big C
Ares is Class 75
Sabrotooth is what 20?

Ares is a god
Sabrotooth is a mutant

Ares can summon a wide range of adamantine weapons from olympus with a thought.

Wild Shadow
rotflmao.... laughing rolling on floor laughing

the worst best combat fighter seems more accurate to me..

no way in hell has Ares showed any Combat display that you accredit him to have.

he gets tossed around by ppl who are partially skilled and in his weight class and only bn around for a few decades.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
he gets tossed around by ppl who are partially skilled and in his weight class and only bn around for a few decades.
Who?

Wild Shadow
Who?

currently thinking of she hulk or lyra. stick out tongue

Parmaniac

EDIT: If we take the issue of his mini then he should know lots of MAs

Kris Blaze

She Hulk is stronger and once Lyra goes into "retarded mary-sue bullshit mode" I dare say she's much more agile/faster. What do you think going's to happen in Savage She Hulk? Ares sure as hell isn't going to take home any victories.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Parmaniac
um... Hulk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ares in terms of "weight class"

the person who tried to argue god title and supposed worlds greatest combatant shouldnt have had any problem with a 100cl he especailly when his current strength and fighting feats in comics show him capable of taking supposed hits from some of those class ppl. hell, Ares has bn shown palming them shuffing them aside rather casually and even breaking holds from various 100cl all at the same time.

if he were as great a fighter as some thing he is he should be able to kill all the various bricks he has bn up against rather easily some even with the 1st swing of his axe.

ares couldnt even get close without lyra smacking him away. roll eyes (sarcastic)

you give any other class 7 MA fighter 75 ton strength and they be walking all over ppl like hulk and herc on a regular bases even taking them both at the same time.

Starscream M
She Hulk is stronger and once Lyra goes into "retarded mary-sue bullshit mode" I dare say she's much more agile/faster. What do you think going's to happen in Savage She Hulk? Ares sure as hell isn't going to take home any victories. So Sabretooth is more agile/faster than Ares as well. With claws that could shred steel like paper, enough strength to fend off Ares, and a healing factor that can take pretty much anything Ares can dish, as well as fighting skills second to none, why do you think Ares can beat Creed?

Parmaniac
the person who tried to argue god title and supposed worlds greatest combatant shouldnt have had any problem with a 100cl he especailly when his current strength and fighting feats in comics show him capable of taking supposed hits from some of those class ppl. hell, Ares has bn shown palming them shuffing them aside rather casually and even breaking holds from various 100cl all at the same time.

if he were as great a fighter as some thing he is he should be able to kill all the various bricks he has bn up against rather easily some even with the 1st swing of his axe.

ares couldnt even get close without lyra smacking him away. roll eyes (sarcastic)

you give any other class 7 MA fighter 75 ton strength and they be walking all over ppl like hulk and herc on a regular bases even taking them both at the same time.

I edited it I miss read your post. I've read Hulk instead of SHE Hulk

Wild Shadow
ppl need to understand that as good and knowledgeable Ares is, he is a brawler and will fight that way given the chance. a mistake when facing ppl that outclass him in strength and damage output. something him as a god should have picked up on and learned from. that is why he would lose against Sabe, sometimes its better to be a smart agile fighter then a swing and miss type fighter.

WhiteWitchKing
Ares takes this handily. His son cut him in that mini and he could care lass about the wound. Sabes gets few shots in until Ares grabs both his hands and starts head butting Sabretooth's brain into goo. I wonder how would be standing after Ares' grabs him and smashes him continues like a rag doll into the ground.

kornilius
sabretooth will just cut his throat and ares is done

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by kornilius
thumb up and bingo was his name o

thanos-prime
Tooth

roughrider
Originally posted by Starscream M
So Sabretooth is more agile/faster than Ares as well. With claws that could shred steel like paper, enough strength to fend off Ares, and a healing factor that can take pretty much anything Ares can dish, as well as fighting skills second to none, why do you think Ares can beat Creed?

This is like saying Wolverine should beat Hercules - who tossed him around like a joke when they first met. Or Wolverine should beat Thor (even more retarted.)
Ares has beaten an army of the undead on his own. The more vicious the fight, the more he likes it. Sabretooth is out of his class fighting him.

galactusischere
Ares wins

khazra
Hercules vs wolverine isnt a valid comparison.

Pre-death sabretooth IIRC had adamntium. He has everything on Logan.

Ares is inferior to his brother across the board.

roughrider
Originally posted by khazra
Hercules vs wolverine isnt a valid comparison.

Pre-death sabretooth IIRC had adamntium. He has everything on Logan.

Ares is inferior to his brother across the board.

It's still a big enough gap that Creed gets pounded down into a puddle by Ares.

Kris Blaze
Ares is fast enough to tag the god of speed with a nailgun, so I'm bettin' he'll have no trouble hitting sabretooth.

Wild Shadow
Ares is fast enough to tag the god of speed with a nailgun, so I'm bettin' he'll have no trouble hitting sabretooth.

pph can i see the scan? embarrasment

guy222
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Ares takes this handily. His son cut him in that mini and he could care lass about the wound. Sabes gets few shots in until Ares grabs both his hands and starts head butting Sabretooth's brain into goo. I wonder how would be standing after Ares' grabs him and smashes him continues like a rag doll into the ground.

Ares also socked Zeus

stick out tongue

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by guy222
Ares also socked Zeus

stick out tongue PIS at its best

jinzin
Originally posted by roughrider
Come on people - Ares f**ks him up.

He's the God of vicious killers - Thor & Wolverine in one.

Yeah that's exactly what he is... no expression

Except without Thor's brute strength.
Mjolnir,
God Blasts,
Durability,
Speed and reflexes,

Or Wolverine's
MA skill,
Speed and agility,
hightened senses,
or Healing factor.... erm

jinzin
This is like saying Wolverine should beat Hercules - who tossed him around like a joke when they first met. Or Wolverine should beat Thor (even more retarted.) Both scenarios that Wolverine was winning when they actually fought in h2h... no expression

Ares has beaten an army of the undead on his own. The more vicious the fight, the more he likes it. Sabretooth is out of his class fighting him. I'm sorry, perhaps you've heard of Wolverine? Cause he kills armies all the time, including demon armies and it doesn't seem to help him do much to Sabes.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by kornilius

Funny thing because I see him taking that in stride and then ripping Sabretooth's throat out. Then turning Tooth's brain into goo.

jinzin
Funny thing because I see him taking that in stride and then ripping Sabretooth's throat out. Then turning Tooth's brain into goo.

Must be nice having such a vivid imagination.

erm

Sabretooth stomps Ares.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by jinzin
Must be nice having such a vivid imagination.

erm

Sabretooth stomps Ares.

LOL. Tooth couldn't even beat Black Cat. He got his sh!t pushed in by Werewolf at Night. Funny how Tooth is going to beat Ares when Mikaboshi's touch did little to Ares. The same Mikaboshi that burnt and scared Achilles. Like I said, what's Tooth going to do when Ares' grabs him by both hands and starts kneeing and head butting him to death? Also wondering how Tooth would be standing if Ares knocks him on his ass and proceeds to smash a telephone pole continuously?

jinzin
LOL. Tooth couldn't even beat Black Cat. He got his sh!t pushed in by Werewolf at Night.
erm

Been a while since I've had to educate....
time to go to work.

When Creed got beat by Black Cat, he was a fresh character and hadn't even had any of his super powers really... AT ALL written into his character. He had enhanced senses, that was his only known or written power. He didn't even have a healing factor, and he was putting her on the defensive when her upgrades had her at vast superhuman levels on par with Spiderman.... AND she would have STILL lost had it not been for her luck nonsense stopping Sabretooth from biting her leg clean off....... That was Sabretooth without a backstory, without powers, and without a rep..... no expression

Werewolf by night was getting batted around by Sabretooth until he finally managed to grab ahold of Sabretooth and keep him at distance using his reach. THIS version of Sabretooth only had minimal superhuman attributes, and there's no shame in losing the WBN when he's in full werewolf mode, the same character was beating up Ghost Rider, holding his own with Wendigo, going rounds with Hulk, and running rampant on entire teams of Avengers.

You need to know that Sabretooth since those early years has come a LOOOOOOOOONG way, with upgrades given to his strength, durability, and healing factor, as well as an Adamantium skeleton comparing the most current versions of Sabretooth to his classic counterparts is like trying to argue that Bruce Banner and Hulk have the same physical attributes, it's laughable at best.

Funny how Tooth is going to beat Ares when Mikaboshi's touch did little to Ares. The same Mikaboshi that burnt and scared Achilles. Like I said, what's Tooth going to do when Ares' grabs him by both hands and starts kneeing and head butting him to death? Also wondering how Tooth would be standing if Ares knocks him on his ass and proceeds to smash a telephone pole continuously? COnsidering Sabretooth's faster than Ares and a better fighter I find it funny you think he's going to be grabbing ahold of Sabretooth's hands.. which given Sabretooth's claws doesn't seem like such a good idea in the first place.

So Ares needs to win by plot device seeing how he can't chance a close encounter h2h with Sabes? I accept your concession that Creed's too much for Ares up close.

Sabretooth will dance around Ares like Daken and slice him to pieces.

Wild Shadow
clappingclap

you go jinzin you tell that hater... dont let him get away with misrepresentation of facts and story of the character to suit his position.

Tha C-Master
you give any other class 7 MA fighter 75 ton strength and they be walking all over ppl like hulk and herc on a regular bases even taking them both at the same time. Wow, I'm sorry do you really hold yourself to this statement? I'm just making sure I'm not taking any words out of your mouth.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Wow, I'm sorry do you really hold yourself to this statement? I'm just making sure I'm not taking any words out of your mouth.

well turning off CIS and allowing ppl like cap to decapitate them, yes. also certain high end lvl 7 MA fighters already dance around them but dont have enough strength to damage or ko them.

their is a laundry list of ppl that could potentially kill them both with one to a few shots if they had at least 75 ton strength and durability to match on top of their already impressive attributes.

wolverine would be another lvl of beast with the lvl of strength as would others like vibe suit and added attributes non lvl 7 like the mandarin could also. so can KK or Gamora with her knifes... so many ppl US Agent and his shield...

should i go on? reading

Tha C-Master
Well for the Hulk Wolverine was already retconned to hurt him, his claws aren't long enough to make a fatal difference with the strength upgrade. Mandarin has his rings, and many "level 7's" don't use their martial abiliites constantly anyways. They are always going to show the small guy giving a fight. I don't see a Wolverine with class 100 strength standing up to Hulk alone, and especially not Hulk and Herc. They grab his arms and legs and he's through. erm

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by guy222
Ares has gotten a pushYou could definitely say that. In his original miniseries, I recall him getting shot in the head once (healed from it), and ko'ed for a time. Here, in New Avengers #58, Bucky-Cap draws Ares in by playing dead and shoots him several times up his throat. Ares gets stunned and immediately gets up the next panel as Bucky-Cap ran away. Although I've seen bullets penetrate his skin before, he's now clearly bullet-proof which only leads me to believe he's starting to assert that godly power:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/th_newavengers58_-_aresvscap.jpg

The Pict
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
You could definitely say that. In his original miniseries, I recall him getting shot in the head once (healed from it), and ko'ed for a time. Here, in New Avengers #58, Bucky-Cap draws Ares in by playing dead and shoots him several times up his throat. Ares gets stunned and immediately gets up the next panel as Bucky-Cap ran away. Although I've seen bullets penetrate his skin before, he's now clearly bullet-proof which only leads me to believe he's starting to assert that godly power:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/th_newavengers58_-_aresvscap.jpg

In early Mighty Avengers lightning seemed to burn straight through his body, but he was up a few panels later. And fighting after that (saved the day no less)

Wild Shadow
Wolverine has already beaten herc without a 75 ton strength.... adding extra strength should allow logan to punch further in and even get his fist in..

logan has also nearly killed hulk in a few occasions and stopped himself proving his claws are capable of killing hulk. especially if he goes for a throat and face shot.

the few problems logan has had in the past is that he cant get enough strength or leverage to fully pierce and tear hulk's skull. he has actually gotten his claws stuck before trying this maneuver. with at least 75 ton strength he would not have the problem and could flip the hulk's brain pan open. instead of getting it stuck and hulk screaming in pain trying to pull him off..

afro2 anymore questions?

Tha C-Master
Herc isn't as exotic and has given Logan fights. Hulk was only nearly killed by plot devices and as Grey Hulk, Logan wouldn't claim any wins on the forum against him. With more strength he'd do more damage of course, but not enough to stomp him and Herc altogether. You could make a thread on it.

Logan with Cl 75 strength vs Hulk and Herc, I'm curious about that now.

OneDumbG0
^ Hercules wasn't immortal either and his strength was radically reduced in Contest pof Champions II, while Ares is immortal and apparently getting a huge push.

Tha C-Master
I'd make the thread, but I'd get blamed for Logan hate right off the bat by certain people, that or people would insinuate it's spite. I'm not interested in those things just a good discussion and pursuit of knowledge. The thing we have to keep in mind is that these characters have high showings. We can't go by Logan's high showings against them, and ignore their history. In crossover matches they are going to look "even" by plot device or otherwise.

OneDumbG0
^ How is Hercules getting depowered by Zeus as punishment a plot device? It's a valid reason that provides relevant context.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ How is Hercules getting depowered by Zeus as punishment a plot device? It's a valid reason that provides relevant context. Well that is what I meant by "or otherwise" a plot device could be something as simple as getting hit by a flying piece of debris during the fight.

But really a plot device is really anything that is used to advance the plot, it need not be PIS. It is just there to enhance the story which is what comics are in the end, a graphic story.

Also I meant any character in general and not just Hercules btw, that would be anybody from Hulk to Daredevil for either combatant. Crossovers are always going to have the combatants look relatively well matched, whether one character is "tired" or "mind controlled" or whatever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.