Infinity Man(DOTNG) vs Captain Marvel(dov)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
who wins.

batdude123
The Avatar of the Source vs. Captain Marvel being backed by every magic user in DC...

mmm

Omega Vision
Tough call... I'd say Captain Marvel (dov) for a slight majority. though Infinity Man was pretty boss. He killed high level New Gods like they were nothing but on the other hand Captain Marvel wailed on a bloodlusted Spectre that had consumed a huge quantity of magic.

Good fight, its not often that I have to think about a matchup before choosing sides.

Zeuodin
IM wins. He has more options. CM was just tuff with magical blows. IM could just trap CM in a bubble like he did Superman and end the fight.

Galan007
IM. narrowly.

quanchi112
Captain Marvel wins. He was smacking around the Spectre with ease. Originally posted by Zeuodin
IM wins. He has more options. CM was just tuff with magical blows. IM could just trap CM in a bubble like he did Superman and end the fight. That wouldn't work on someone with this kind of power. There's quite a power gap between Superman and most of the magical users that were amping him.

Blanket
Billy tubesmacks him all day every day

Zeuodin
Originally posted by quanchi112
Captain Marvel wins. He was smacking around the Spectre with ease. That wouldn't work on someone with this kind of power. There's quite a power gap between Superman and most of the magical users that were amping him.
What is he going to do if IM starts using all those crazy powers like mind powers, and phasing and stuff. IM is just too versatile.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zeuodin
What is he going to do if IM starts using all those crazy powers like mind powers, and phasing and stuff. IM is just too versatile. The Spectre isn't? The guy outclassed the Spectre while Superman even stated his blows would hurt Im eventually although I personally don't buy it.

Omega Vision
What is he going to do if IM starts using all those crazy powers like mind powers, and phasing and stuff. IM is just too versatile.
The Spectre (though its easy to forget) is pretty damn versatile too and Billy still matched him.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The Spectre (though its easy to forget) is pretty damn versatile too and Billy still matched him.
The IM was literally made to kill all of the Gods. hundreds of thousands of them. he had a counter to every power. the Spectre was not even in his right mind when he was fighting CM.

quanchi112
The IM was literally made to kill all of the Gods. hundreds of thousands of them. he had a counter to every power. the Spectre was not even in his right mind when he was fighting CM. Just the new gods. The guy was stalemated and ran off by Gog from jsa.

Zeuodin
Just the new gods. The guy was stalemated and ran off by Gog from jsa.
Wait. just the new Gods? there were hundreds of thousands of them. These guys could move galaxies. Just the new Gods. that's like saying just the Gods of olympus. Plus the IM didn't even want to fight Gog. And let's not forget that Gog was stalemating the JSA. Who had alan scott, and kingdom superman on the team. he was no slouch.

quanchi112
Wait. just the new Gods? there were hundreds of thousands of them. These guys could move galaxies. Just the new Gods. that's like saying just the Gods of olympus. Plus the IM didn't even want to fight Gog. And let's not forget that Gog was stalemating the JSA. Who had alan scott, and kingdom superman on the team. he was no slouch. Dd has soloed all of apokolips before. Don't act like these new gods are something they are not. DD beat down Orion in under a minute also.

Zeuodin
Dd has soloed all of apokolips before. Don't act like these new gods are something they are not. DD beat down Orion in under a minute also.
I don't remember Doomsday fighting all the new gods at one time. I can't think of magnar or high father or takion or any of those guys fighting doomsday. I also can't remember orion being beaten by DD. Do you have the picture?

quanchi112
I don't remember Doomsday fighting all the new gods at one time. I can't think of magnar or high father or takion or any of those guys fighting doomsday. I also can't remember orion being beaten by DD. Do you have the picture? DD was soloing apokolips and Darkseid needed to take action. he did and was quickly beaten. Orion was bested by him in DD wars. Too lazy to post the scan.

Omega Vision
I don't remember Doomsday fighting all the new gods at one time. I can't think of magnar or high father or takion or any of those guys fighting doomsday. I also can't remember orion being beaten by DD. Do you have the picture?
Doomsday beat all of Apokolips he means but its not like he took on all of Apokolips at once. After he beat a Darkseid Avatar he ran around smashing stuff but he never took out Darkseid, Kalibak, Mantis, and the Female Furies all at once or anything like that. And Takion would wtfpwn DD. Same for non-avatar Darkseid and High Father.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Doomsday beat all of Apokolips he means but its not like he took on all of Apokolips at once. After he beat a Darkseid Avatar he ran around smashing stuff but he never took out Darkseid, Kalibak, Mantis, and the Female Furies all at once or anything like that. And Takion would wtfpwn DD. Same for non-avatar Darkseid and High Father. The Iman didn't beat all of the new gods at once either so what's your point?

Zeuodin
The Iman didn't beat all of the new gods at once either so what's your point?
DD didn't fight any new gods. That is the point. Also In DD wars, wasn't that like brainiac's power combined withDD's? So that wasn't DD was it?

Batman-Prime
CM

celeyhyga17
Bump

Prep-Man
IM.

Cogito
Impossible to call..

IM went up against Anti-Life Scott Free
Marvel went up against DOV Spectre

erm

Galan007
Wow, I just noticed batdude got banned. That's shitty.

Anyway, these guys are roughly on the same level, but I'd go with IM in the end. Marvel couldn't endure the added magical power he absorbed for very long before it burned him out. IM didn't have that problem.

celeyhyga17
I'd take IM here as well. The power source from the Source would be infinite for Infinity Man (no pun intended). big grin
While CM would prolly run out of juice.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Galan007
Wow, I just noticed batdude got banned. That's shitty.

Anyway, these guys are roughly on the same level, but I'd go with IM in the end. Marvel couldn't endure the added magical power he absorbed for very long before it burned him out. IM didn't have that problem.

Bingo. For all the power he had, it took a toll on him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.