Long Live Guido Fawkes!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChakraStrings
"The only man to have ever entered Parliament with honest intentions."

you get thorns
With a name like Guido................................ wink

Darth Jello
Wasn't he kind of the archetype for abortion clinic bombers, a Catholic extremist and member of the financial elite who thinks that destruction of property and concussive organ failure are legitimate forms of political protest?

inimalist
but he was so anti-establishment and cool!!!!!!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Jello
Which is why he was part of the old establishment

inimalist
but, no, see, he blew up parliment, that means he is an anti-establishment hero who everyone should worship with no real attention paid to his motives, the morality of his actions, or the obvious consequences

Darth Jello
And he and the other conspirators wore hats that made them look like black bearded nipples

ChakraStrings
Yes but you miss the point, he entered parliament with honest intentions - to blow them up!

But, he was quite badass you must admit, and the fact that he tried to defeat a monarchy society deserves some props as well. All I know on bonfire and fireworks night, instead of desecrating his memory, I'm toasting it.

MildPossession
The majority don't give a shit, it's a night to enjoy fireworks/bonfires and so on. stick out tongue

Darth Jello
He wasn't trying to defeat monarchy. He was trying to blow up a democratic institution and restore an older monarchy.

One Free Man
Actually he was trying to destroy king james due to his broken promise to stop prosecuting the jesuits.

Strangelove
I'm not sure if I'm just missing the point or not, but his name was Guy Fawkes.

EDIT: nvm, apparently he was also known as Guido (thanks, Wikipedia!). Still doesn't make any sense to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.